jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:37 am

Post by jeep »

Oh well, congrats, IS. Took on all nine of us and won.

-JEEP
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:43 am

Post by jeep »

I had planned on really coming out and gunning hard for IS as the most likely mafia, but I read through the thread and got the impression that Corsato didn't take well to stong arguments. Unfortunately I had no evidence, since we have no cops. However, since I protected IS the whole game I am certain he's the mafia.

So IS, you think that protecting one person is a strnage way to play cop. Why?

Corsato, is there any way I could have convinced you of the truth of what I was saying?

-JEEP
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:34 am

Post by Antrax »

Internet Stranger and Corsato grab Jeep. "We need some way of killing him" says Corsato. "Here, maybe this'll do" says IS, and gives Corsato a syringe. Corsato injects Jeep with whatever it was, and Jeep falls to the floor, lifeless. "Hey, where'd you get this, anyway?" asks Corsato. "From his doctor bag" replies IS calmly. "From... so... you're...?"
"Yep" says IS, "they don't call me the Paragon for nothing".
"But why? why did you go through all this?"
"I needed to punish you nine for your crimes against humanity!"
"But we didn't commit any crimes against humanity"
"Doh. Damn the mail system. Oh well, might as well get this finished with"
IS dumps an anvil on Corsato, and rides alone into the sunset.
Internet Stranger, Mafia, wins

Thanks all for playing.

What'd you think?
Atnrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
quercitron
quercitron
Watcher
quercitron
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:48 am

Post by quercitron »

I think that IS will never let anyone live this down.

Did he get the role randomly?
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:52 am

Post by jeep »

It was good. I over-thought. My plan was to come out gunning hard for IS, but then I re-read and thought C wouldn't respond to a rabid post like I was going to make.

I liked the frequent vote updates!

-JEEP
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:21 am

Post by Sketchwick »

I think I am way too nice to the mafia.

I was sure jeep and IS were mafia when they tacked on the last two votes on day one, I also thought I was gonna die that night. I debated whether to post something or not though...it was what I call "twilight" A player has enough votes to be lynched but the only thing stopping it from being night is the mod checking the thread. I absolutely despise night posts, and I was unsure what to do in twilight. Is it unfair to the mafia if the mod takes too long? Is it unfair to the town that mafia can tack on votes and the mod does a quick lynch and it is night?

I like what mith is doing in mafia 50 on GL. Had I screamed during twilight that jeep and IS were mafia it would have been a very interesting game. IS still might have killed me, but I don't know if jeep would keep protecting him.

Oh, as far as comments on how you ran the game, Antrax, I absolutely love all the vote counts. And enjoyable game to watch, if I could only participate the first day.

sketchwick
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:01 pm

Post by Corsato »

~~ Congrats to IS for playing well. ~~

Antrax: Thanks for modding this game, it was a nice setup.

Jeep: I might have believed you if you had came out earlier, but in the last round I believed in the whole nine townies one maf setup.
Your actions as a doc were very strange. You accuse IS of being maf by voting for him, and after that you claim to have protected him. I found that weird.

I made up my mind after reading all the info (5 pages, very short game), and went after me. I could have chanced my vote to IS, but I thought I would never forgive myself if Jeep turned out to be maf.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:04 pm

Post by Corsato »

You modding was great Antrax, no comments about that.

I don't know what to think about the confirm-votes. It gives the accused some time to defend himself, that's positive. On the other side its really boring to wait for a defense after you come to the conclusion to lynch someone. So ithas two sides really.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 12:54 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Another thing is that I proved that the mafia can still win even with confirm votes. But I will admit an element of luck was involved though.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:13 am

Post by Antrax »

Thanks to everyone. Yes, I gave out the roles at random. Not doing so would introduce a new elemnt to the mafia metagame - "reading the mod's mind", which I don't like. I think even someone less eloquent than IS might've pulled it out, though.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:48 pm

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

Well, I have to admit: this is quite an accomplishment for IS. It may be the most astounding feat ever perpetrated in an internet Mafia game, anywhere.

But it's still not quite the same as a true Serial Killer role--IS didn't have another group of killers to worry about and try to juggle against the townies.

And I would have to agree that Antrax was an excellent moderator.
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
RoadBird
RoadBird
Townie
RoadBird
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:30 pm

Post by RoadBird »

Very smart IS. Complimenting me and then killing me. I had no suspicion what so ever.
"Roadbird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- Quercitron in Focused Mafia
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:53 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Thanks for modding, Antrax. Great job doing that.

Congrats to IS for playing very well, though you had some luck we figured it would be a nine townie, one mob thing. That made it really hard for Jeep to appear innocent. But still, excellent playing.
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 17, 2002 10:12 pm

Post by mith »

Bah, this is why we vote IS. IS's best move the whole game was killing me. ;)

Sketchwick, I am very confused why you keep saying that if you had talked in the twilight, IS would've killed you. Do you think someone would've switched votes just because the one being lynched had a suspicion?
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 2:27 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Mith, perhaps you are confused at what happened. IS threw the 5th vote on whoever we lynched (not me) the first day. Jeep added the 6th and lynching vote. I suspected them both because of this due to jeep being a very rational man, and the accused never got to really defend themselves. Also, I was mafia with IS in mini 2, and although IS screams about the games going too slow...I think he is even more ready to get a quick innocent lynch when he is mafia. I thought they were mafia, and I thought I would be killed that night.

I was.

Just curious what would have happened had I said something.

Clear that up?

sketchwick
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:04 am

Post by Antrax »

So do you really think the odds were in the town's favour? I threw the doc in as a nasty surprise for IS, because I thought one mafia and 9 townies is too easy for the mafia.
Antrax
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:11 am

Post by Sketchwick »

I was curious what 1 vs 9 came out with random lynchings...I thought it was a faily balanced game, town might have slight advantage. Even with toally random lynchings town has 33% chance on last day...

sketchwick
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:40 am

Post by Antrax »

...and the mafia has a 66% of winning in the same scenario. Huh?
Antrax
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 3:51 am

Post by Sketchwick »

I don't have a computer program to crank the numbers, and I'm not going to do it by hand...but you know that this 33% chance of winning comes if they miss their 20% chance of winning the previous round....

Over all rounds plus the doc I was guessing the town had a > 50% chance of winning. This is just random though...if the mafia is good at manipulation that obviously helps a lot...

sketchwick
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2002 7:07 am

Post by jeep »

1 mafia in 10 players is almost 60% in favor of the mafia. Adding in the doc obviously changes this some. I have not worked on programming the doc yet, so I don't know how much it changes things. I suspect that it makes it close to even.

Sketch, as you said, I needed to be more confident. I had more information than any other pro-town role. That was my bad. I think I let my opinion of confirm votes taint my play. Votes meant nothing, confirm votes were all that mattered. I shouldn't have taken that attitude.

IS, I don't think that confirm votes are detrimental to the mafia. But I'll leave that discussion for later.

-JEEP

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”