CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:48 am

Post by CoolBot »

indentureddjinn wrote:The day goes on...and ViQLeS's role claim seems like it is becoming more and more false...
Yeah...
vote: vIQles
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 12:10 pm

Post by Darkblade »

The town angerly confronts vIQleS, who immediatly states, "Don't lynch me! I'm from the FBI!" The town remains unconvinced, wondering why the big, evil, government would send an agent over to Salisberry of all places. They quickly overtake him, and soon vIQleS is left hanging.

Afterwards, the town rifles through vIQles's house and finds a laptop. After hacking in, the town finds out that vIQleS did indeed work for the government and found the initial order sending him to Salisberry. This then come accorss this e-mail in his send box

"I'm losing it down here, I swear. Something doesn't smell right. How could a mafia so easily terrorize a small town out in the middle of nowhere? Why aren't they hitting the city? I have hence come to the conclusion that many members of the town are ALLIES of the mafia and using their abilities to help the mafdia in exchance for security. But I fear I've only seen the tip of the iceberg and have yet to see how far the rabbit hole goes. I need more back-up down here!"

Confused, and increasingly paranoid (as always), the town goes back to their homes

vIQleS, Paranoid Government Agent, has been lynched

It is now night, send night choices ASAP
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:43 am

Post by Darkblade »

Come on guys! I'm still waiting on night choices.

In additon, Dice asked me to announce that he will be on holiday until Wednesday or Thursday
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:14 pm

Post by Darkblade »

The town awakens and is again horrified by two new murders. Coolbot's house has been broken into, and the town is treated to a grusome scene when they enter. There are bullet wounds in his knee and back, and from the copius amount of blood on the floor it is appanrent that Coolbot's death was a slow and painful one. The town wonders, what kind of sick mafia would leave someone to bleed to death rather than the quick and easy shot to the head? They find Coolbot's stethescope and his diary. The town reads his latest entry:

"I'm terrified. My job used to merely deal with colds and broken bones. Now I'm fighting for my life. Whenever I treat someone, that someone could rise up and kill me as my back is turned. The only way to fight back against this very real threat is to strap my target down. It's the onlt way!"

As the town walks to the town square they trip over Maverick's body. They find his throat slit, much like the previous murder. The town is again puzzled as Maverick's body has absolutly no bruises on it. A quick search of the pockets only reveals his wallet with his card: "Maverick, Private I" A cold chill runs down the backs of the town as they realize that only 7 are left.

Coolbot, Paranoid Doctor, was shot

Maverick, Private Investigator, had his throat slit

Coolbot was a dcotor whcih role-blocked his night choice

Maverick recieved clues, but never a guilty/not guilty result

With 7 alive, it is 4 to lynch
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 2:49 pm

Post by indentureddjinn »

Wow, that was really great, a doctor and an investigatior (/sarcasm)

Looking over the list for player names, there seems to be a few that pop out in my mind right now. But, as no one else has posted I assume that I should wait and see their responses to this.
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 3:30 am

Post by Thoth »

This game is getting ugly. So far we lost 2 cops, 2 roleblockers and a mason. :shock:
With 2 killing groups it seems to me that its lynch or die time now, unless they target each other next night.

The most normal setup with 2 killing groups would be 1 SK and 2 Mafia I think. That would mean that 3 of the 7 left are scum. At least we have some info from day 1 to work with.
Possibly almost half of the town being scum also means that we have to be very careful with voting today as its easy for scum to just hop on and immediately kill someone. I want to suggest to just use FOS's instead of votes until we're very sure who we want to lynch.

In light of my last remark I'll

FOS:discer
. He basically lurked all through day 1. 3 posts, none of which had any substance, except where he asked whether we should lynch a townie as the role might be to dangerous. He did make regular updates in his other games(as a mod), so he was online regularly. On the other hand he was one of 3 people that were not on the vIQleS bandwagon at the end of day 1.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:01 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

I'd have to say
FOS: Maverick
His insane bloodthirst, calling everybody to lynch (rather than force info, or questioning) mikeheart seems rather scummy to me.
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:02 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Umm, was I confusing? I realized my parenthises in the middle of the sentence kind of confused the meaning. What I ment is: Maverick, when he saw mikeheart was being quiet in stead of giving an ultimatuim of any kind called the town to lynch him.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:06 pm

Post by KingPin »

Okay, I have re-read the thread three times today with nothing really jumping out at me. Truthfully though, nothing seems to be going well. My instincts were way off yesterday, so today I am feeling a little hesitant. Applying the math, yes this appears to be do or die time for the town. To what effect?

I too believe there to be a mafia family and an SK. The number of investigators is interesting though. Why would we need that many investigators?

Anyone else care to chime in?
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 1:44 pm

Well, wasn't one of our investigators paranoid? So therefore, he would only get "scum" for everything, and he would just role block, so its hit or miss with him (he died anyway). The other investigator died and I'm not sure if he was paranoid or legitimate. I'll have to check back later, but the FOS suggestion really makes sense as the mafia will just jump on any bandwagon and ride it home (1 tp+ 3 mafia=4 votes for lynch= lynch). If there is an SK and we get a succesful lynch tonight let's hope he hits mafia.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:16 am

Post by Thoth »

Foolster41 wrote:I'd have to say
FOS: Maverick
His insane bloodthirst, calling everybody to lynch (rather than force info, or questioning) mikeheart seems rather scummy to me.
Foolster: Maverick just died last night. He was a private investigator.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:43 am

Post by KingPin »

FOS: dice, discer, dourgrim

I think this town needs to be more active. At this point in the game anyone who does not post should be looked at as lurking. If you are lurking then you are scum. Come on damnit!!!

MOD,
Do you think that you could remove Maverick's name from the living list on the first page. (I think this is where Foolster's confusion came from)

I am leaning more towards discer being scum, since his lack of participation yesterday + lack of any participation today.
Dice
Dice
Townie
Dice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:21 am

Post by Dice »

Hey people. Just wanted to say I'm back and I'm dog tired so I'm gonna head to bed and read up tomorrow
"RoadBird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- quercitron in Focused Mafia
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:22 am

I'd say not posting for at least two weekdays is lurking. If anyone does that I think they deserve serious consideration for the lynching. This is a hit or miss strategy, and it could be very dangerous or very rewarding. Chances of us (the town) winning is based on lynching, bur right now I'd say about 50/50.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 11:46 am

Post by Dourgrim »

First of all, lurking is not necessarily synonymous with scumminess... there are oftentimes pro-Town roles who are best served by staying away from the Town's attention, especially if they have a crucial role. Having said that...

I apologize for not posting much in this game. I'm modding two games and trying to keep up in the ones I'm in, and I've kinda dropped the ball on this one. I have been keeping up with the thread, but I haven't been posting because I didn't have much to say... until now.

FoS: indentureddjinn
for CrapLogic. Please don't spout BS statistics into the thread as if you know what you're talking about... lynching based on lack of activity is a time-honored waste of time, as anyone who's played more than one or two games on mafiascum knows. Usually you just end up lynching someone who forgot about the game, and since Mafia games are generally constructed with more Townies than Scum, the odds are actually much greater of lynching a bored Townie than a lurking Scum. Make sense?

Matter of fact, this is not the first time ID has spewed crap into the thread this game... makes me wonder if he's really trying to mislead people or just an inexperienced Mafia player. That's the only reason he got an FoS instead of a vote, really... what do the rest of you think?
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:18 pm

Craplogic? I think not. Wouldn't it be best for the mafia to stay out of this right now, seeing as we townies are running ourselves in suspicious circles? It would be advantageous for them for one of us to start lynching another townie in order for them to get the win. Me, spread BS stats? No way. Right now our chances are 3/7 or 43% of winning, and if we don't hit a mafia tonight its goes down to 0. If you vote for me, you'll be sorry.

I'll
FOS:Dourgrim
because I think he is trying to start something against me by saying that I'm spreading Crap logic around. I mean, I've never seen a direct attack like that before, and the guy a few posts above me posted about the same thing.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 7:08 am

Post by KingPin »

In response to the lack of consideration of all parties. When I see lurking I normally think that it is because they have something to hide. Yes there is a possibility that they have a pro town role and they need to be quiet. The thing that gets me is, when you are supposedly on the towns side and you do not speak then you are not contributing anything to the town. In a situation like that I feel that you are hurting the town by not participating in the search for suspicious activitiy, other than lurking. This is the type of situation that has lead a fair number of pro town roles to their death. It is also true that a fair number of scum have been caught this way also. The argument for or against lurking is an important one. My thought is
Participate
or die. If you have excuses okay, but they better be pretty damned believable. How is the town supposed to distiquish between the silent townies and the silent scum? They cannot. If you are a townie and lurking you cannot help the other town members sort out who could be scum using the same tactic. It makes no sense to play in a game and not try to help your members good or bad. If the lurkers in this game are all town, then the mafia have played up their end of the game and should win, because our town is week and useless.

Sorry for the rant, but I feel it necessary.

I have no qualms voting for silent members at this point in the game. This is getting ridiculous. I feel that the members that are silent should start to contribute. After the first day everyone should be looking out for scum. Your own analysis will help the town.

FOS: Discer
for not even trying to hide the fact that he isn't helping the town.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 8:14 am

Post by Dourgrim »

OK, setup analysis time:

I do not believe that there are 3 Mafia ~and~ a SK left, if only because I believe that setup would be horribly imbalanced in a Mini-game unless the Mafia and SK have some serious restrictions placed upon them. Since every pro-Town role we've seen so far has some sort of limitation placed upon
it
instead, then I have to assume that the baddies are toned down accordingly... therefore, 2 Mafia and a SK.

Which means we're still in a must-lynch situation here, but we're not as screwed as we could be. We need to hit Mafia today, not the SK: the SK at this point absolutely
must
kill a Mafia tonight (not a Townie) or else face an almost-certain loss (and we need him to do the same to help us narrow the odds a bit). And the Mafia gains no matter who they kill, although they gain more by killing the SK than a Townie. Now, what does all this rambling mean to us? It means we have very little to lose by revealing information we might have at this point, because the scum need to go after each other right now if they're going to secure a win for their respective sides.

What do the rest of you think? I could certainly be full of it, I suppose, but somehow this all sounds right to me.
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:00 pm

This is getting ridiculous. Everyone is too scared to do anything, or vote for anyone, including me :D . I say someone needs to do something now.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:22 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Ah, ID, thanks so much for reading my above post and commenting on it... :roll:
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 12:54 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

[dourgrim-quote]OK, setup analysis time:

I do not believe that there are 3 Mafia ~and~ a SK left, if only because I believe that setup would be horribly imbalanced in a Mini-game unless the Mafia and SK have some serious restrictions placed upon them. Since every pro-Town role we've seen so far has some sort of limitation placed upon it instead, then I have to assume that the baddies are toned down accordingly... therefore, 2 Mafia and a SK.

Which means we're still in a must-lynch situation here, but we're not as screwed as we could be. We need to hit Mafia today, not the SK: the SK at this point absolutely must kill a Mafia tonight (not a Townie) or else face an almost-certain loss (and we need him to do the same to help us narrow the odds a bit). And the Mafia gains no matter who they kill, although they gain more by killing the SK than a Townie. Now, what does all this rambling mean to us? It means we have very little to lose by revealing information we might have at this point, because the scum need to go after each other right now if they're going to secure a win for their respective sides.

What do the rest of you think? I could certainly be full of it, I suppose, but somehow this all sounds right to me.[/quote]

Just wondering, do you mean investigation information or role information?
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 4:41 pm

Dourgrim is the one I'm suspecting right now. That whole attacking me after I stated the same thing as the person before me is just really fishy. It almost makes me want to vote...but I won't.

Instead I'll put an insanely big
FOS:Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2003 10:29 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Foolster41 wrote:Just wondering, do you mean investigation information or role information?
I was referring to investigation information... but I don't think anyone should reveal until the Town decides as a whole. I do believe, however, that we're very near the endgame here, and so revealing information is probably safer than waiting another Day... after all, we might not
have
another day.
indentureddjinn wrote:Dourgrim is the one I'm suspecting right now. That whole attacking me after I stated the same thing as the person before me is just really fishy. It almost makes me want to vote...but I won't.
Don't be a silly git. You wanna see what an attack
really
looks like? You got it.

Twice
you created "statistics" out of thin air by making assumptions about how many Mafia there are, what the chances of lynching a scum are based on lynching quiet people, and so forth... and all of it was crap, pure and simple. (I'd quote you, but considering all you have to do to see it is scroll up, I won't waste more thread with it.) Unless, of course, you have some inside information as to how many Mafia there are... which is why I FoS'd you in the first place. I then put forward a theory explaining precisely why I said that your statistical analysis was garbage (although I was
trying
to be nicer this time around by not directing it at you specifically, since you saw my earlier comment as an "attack"), and you have yet to come up with anything useful, instead completely ignoring the theory I presented in favor of a "everyone's too scared to vote" post which did us all oh-so-much good, I'm sure. And, in that same post, you imply that
someone
should do something, but you're certainly not going to be the one, are you? Perhaps you're not going to initiate anything because, as scum, it's safer for you to just jump on the back of whatever one of us poor Townies proposes, right?

Summary: you better give me a really good reason not to vote for you, ID, because right now you're looking pretty damn scummy to me. I'm curious, though, on what the rest of the Town things about all of this. I don't want this to devolve into a simple one-on-one argument, to be honest (although I know the rest of this post doesn't look like it), because it doesn't do the Town much good if they thing we're just arguing to be difficult. Personally, I think you're scum trying to pose as a "helpless and scared Townie"...

Thoughts, anyone?

Mod: Can you please PM discer and remind him about this game or see if he needs to be replaced?
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:23 am

Post by discer »

I posted in my other games that I would be away for a work related Wilderness Trip. I did not post that in this game because it was night at the time.

I'll analyze the thread tomorrow.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2003 7:19 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Though I agree that ID is looking scummy, and is my biggest supicion right now I can't help but think that it's best to not lynch to soon. (Though is seems that in later days lynches go much more quickly.) Has ID roleclaimed yet? I can't remember. If not, this might be a good time to claim? I don't know, throwing my ideas out there.

I agree that we should start sharing at least some information on our investigations, but on the other hand if that person gives out information their a prime target for the mafia. On the other, other hand if they never speak up and are shot randomly (because the mafia has no real prime target) they arn't much good either.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”