genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 6:00 pm

Post by genku »

Ah, nah, I'm being dumb, Talitha. I actually like you, you seem very logical and you like Scooby Doo. I'm just being an ass.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2003 10:26 pm

Post by Talitha »

Oh sorry :) I guess it's me that's the over sensitive one. :?
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:51 am

Post by Someone »

rite - From what I can tell, he's(or she) ran in to a string of bad luck concerning computer access, hopefully it's all sorted out now.

rOver - Is rover new around here? I've never seen him in any other games around mafiascum. Anyways, his vendetta against genku that spans from page two for a few pages is a bit suspicious, but I'm not sure how to read it. Then, he unvoted, and soon voted for talithia. This vote ended in about the same manner as the vote for genku. This might not be scum, but these are at least mild suspicions.

Talitha - probably the least likely to be scum, simply because she's one of the most contributing players and scum tend to lurk because they're less likely to make a mistake that way.

Wacky - Bandwaggon hopping makes somebody look mighty suspicious, and wacky is no exeption.

Xeno - Hasn't posted yet.

Mikehart- Crazily suspicious, how could I be DP's twin brother?? :wink:
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Jinx
Jinx
Townie
Jinx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 3:40 pm

Post by Jinx »

mikehart, could you please find a replacement for Xeno. We really need to get this game going because we don't want to have a deadline.
[size=84]When I am king, you will be first against the wall. - Thom Yorke[/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:07 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, its good that Someone is getting into the game, but I don't find myself suspicious. Like I said, there isn't really a danger of lynches when only 3 people are posting, and we needed to prod some people.

Jinx - is like Mikehart - very difficult to tell whether he's suspicous or not.

r0ver: Also suspicious, but AFAIK he's new, isn't he?

What kind of person would want to kill off shadyforce?
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2003 11:07 pm

Post by Talitha »

A couple of things:

Xeno has posted. He said something bad about Jeffrey Dahmer and now he's disappeared.. should we be worried? :twisted:
But yeah, replacement please mod.

Someone has some good points.
I'm also the most suspicious of the quiet ones and the ones who aren't actively trying to make progress. However Wacky doesn't fall into that category for me.
re r0ver: I can't see where this supposed vendetta is apart from a couple of early posts to get genku to start talking. I thought r0ver's vendetta was against ME!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

blah. this day is taking exceedingly long.
Unvote: genku

I'll wait for a xen0 replacement before continuing. Might as well as have the whole gang around before we go and lynch somebody.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2003 6:30 am

Post by genku »

Yeah, I'll second that.. Nobody is being very overly suspicious at the moment.. I wish someone was because I really have no idea who to vote for. Hmm.. Well, yeah, I guess I'll wait for xeno to be replaced before voting too.. maybe the replacement will act very suspiciously or something and make our jobs much easier.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 4:48 am

Post by Wacky »

Unvote: if I was voting for anyone

I wish one of my mafia games was moving at all, but I suppose that we really have to have everyone around. I.e. REPLACE XENO ALREADY!

Um... yeah.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:18 am

Post by mikehart »

to lazy to do a vote count but i have asked for a replacement for Xeno
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Someone
Someone
Someone

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 11:57 am

Post by Someone »

This game seems to be stuck, and waiting for somebody to get replaced is no reason to stall the game.
FOS:GC
For his lack of posting. If he's good, then his lurking is hurting the town. If he's bad, then he's better off dead.

Let's start this game back up guys!
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 2:44 pm

Post by Talitha »

This is just an idea, but I had a thought on how to get things moving. We could all post our 3 most suspicious players (with reasons) and see if anyone's name appears on most people's post. At the very least it would get some decent discussion going. What do you all think of the idea?
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by genku »

Okay, since nobody else seems to want to do this.. I'll do it first, I just have to reread the thread and think about what has been said.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:32 pm

Post by genku »

Well, the only person I find mildly suspicious is Talitha for thinking I'm the only newbie in the game. :P

Outside of that.. I have no clue.. I don't think people are talking enough to be suspicious.. maybe we can vote the quiet ones? I am at least trying to stay active.. even if I don't have much to say.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:25 pm

Post by Talitha »

genku wrote:Well, the only person I find mildly suspicious is Talitha for thinking I'm the only newbie in the game. :P
Well actually, since I wrote that, I realised that there are at least 3 newbies in the game, and you're just the loudest. Therefore I didn't vote for you.

However, I think you're mildly suspicious for thinking that I'm the only suspicious person in the game :P
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:57 pm

Post by Wacky »

Three mosts suspicious people IMO...

Well lemme see.

Jinx. Again, he seems to be of Mikeharts style of play with short nothing posts. 2. The Shadyforce kill. AFAIK - someone really ought to check and tell me about this. This was like his first game or something and usually newbies don't get killed, at least not by experienced players. Newbies wouldn't know who the other newbies are N1, so I suspect him to be the SK.

2. GC. Short nothing posts. Implied there could be two mafia families I think. A valid suggestion, but possibly a sign of a mafia whose kill didn't go through (maybe one of the kills was by a newbie vigilante?) ?

3. r0ver. Not quite as short but not much new content in his posts and generally blending in.. Possibly trying to start bandwagons.

4. Macros. I don't even know is he's still in the game.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:55 am

Post by genku »

Talitha wrote:
genku wrote:Well, the only person I find mildly suspicious is Talitha for thinking I'm the only newbie in the game. :P
Well actually, since I wrote that, I realised that there are at least 3 newbies in the game, and you're just the loudest. Therefore I didn't vote for you.

However, I think you're mildly suspicious for thinking that I'm the only suspicious person in the game :P
I'm the loudest because Mafia is fun! I don't understand why people try to just shut up and not talk when they are in a mafia game.. what is the point of playing? Even if I have something boring.. I still want to play the game and have fun.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

1. Genku.
Reason: I said, "Unvote: Someone, Vote: genku, the first to follow my vote blindly." Genku said, "Er.. I never said you were the reason for my vote."
But
, at the time of the vote, Genku also said, "vote: Someone (maybe GC knows something that we don't.)"

2. Jinx
Reason: Jinx said, " Hey guys I am really sorry that I haven't talked much at all.
It's just my first game so I am still kind of learning.
Well I am a newbie and I don't really know what's goin on so I guess I will just hop onto the bandwagon and vote : Someone" Which, to me, translates to: "Hi. I am a newbie. Because i am a newbie, i am excused from making any assumptions, conclusions, or reasoning on my own. In fact, due to my newbie status, you should look me over completely, because there is no way in hell that i'm guilty of being scum."

3. Wacky
Reason: For this: "2. GC. Short nothing posts. Implied there could be two mafia families I think. A valid suggestion, but possibly a sign of a mafia whose kill didn't go through (maybe one of the kills was by a newbie vigilante?) ?" My "short nothing" posts have at least added some sense of direction. What do you have me to say on day one? That i know that so-and-so is definately scum? There isn't much to be said on day one, and i think i've added enough to the bunch of mindless drone that has us running in circles. And i put Wacky and not Someone as number three because Someone mentioned me "lurking" (which is total crap - rite/Macros/jinx is efficently lurking, i am not. To add to the conversation, one doesn't have to play a lead role, and i hardly ever do.), and it just looks like Wacky is copying someone else's crap logic.
genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:15 am

Post by genku »

genku wrote:Well, since nobody is talking.. I guess a random bandwagon is called for to get information (unlike other situations *coughstewiecough*) so..

vote: Someone
(maybe GC knows something that we don't.)
I said random. If you actually were to read my posts I said I was just voting to get information and/or get the game going, you were the only one who found anyone suspicious so I picked GC. He already had a vote on him and I thought perhaps you may have known something about him.. it was an added bonus, not a reason for voting. I thought if he claimed and you knew something about him, you could tell us if he was lying or not. *shrug* That's my reasoning, believe it or disbelieve it. It's your decision.
rOver
rOver
Goon
rOver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 7:31 am

Post by rOver »

r0ver: Also suspicious, but AFAIK he's new, isn't he?
Hm. Should I risk it? :) No, I'm not new. I've played a few games already.

Ok guys, I'm sorry I didn't really pay attention last week. With so little participation I couldn't really find anything to react to. I'll try to be a bit more from now on.
Someone wrote:Anyways, his vendetta against genku that spans from page two for a few pages is a bit suspicious, but I'm not sure how to read it. Then, he unvoted, and soon voted for talithia. This vote ended in about the same manner as the vote for genku. This might not be scum, but these are at least mild suspicions.
Vendetta? Come on, I voted him to encourage participation. I never actually wanted to lynch him. I unvoted when he arrived. Or maybe it was earlier when it became obvious that he is silent for some other reason, I don't remember now. Also DP was the first to join my "vendetta" ;)
However I voted Talitha becouse I thought she said something extremely suspicious. But her defense convinced me more or less. She also seems to be one of the more productive players in the game so I would be reluctant to lynch her.
Wacky wrote:3. r0ver. Not quite as short but not much new content in his posts and generally blending in.. Possibly trying to start bandwagons.
Am I the only one to find this paragraph self-contradictory? I mean I'm trying to blend in
and
start bandwagons?
My vote stays for now, not becouse I'm anywhere near convinced that Wacky is scum rather becouse it is as good as anything else.
Maybe if I read throught the thread I'll find something.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:04 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That's my reasoning, believe it or disbelieve it. It's your decision.
It's all open to interpretation, i suppose. But, at any rate, I'm more suspicious about jinx - my numbers were based on the order in which i thought of the suspicious people, not of how suspicious they were in my mind.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:08 pm

Post by mikehart »

proposition for y'all, do you want me to just modkill Xeno? cause it seems that noone wants to replace him or would y'all like a deadline?

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 3:40 pm

Post by Talitha »

mikehart: If he's scum then feel free to kill him :wink:

Hrmm I suppose I better chime in with my 3 most likely, seeing as it was my idea.

Now that I think about it, my newbie suspicions don't have a lot of merit, because experienced players would quite likely kill players that no-one would expect them to kill, to try and throw suspicion off themselves.
*sigh*
So here's my newly revised suspicious list:

1. rite. I know he had a powercut etc, but even when he's been here he hasn't contributed all that much...

2. Macros. Same as rite

3. r0ver. Because he said he was completely sure I was scum, but changed his tune when he didn't get a lot of backup. Also for admitting not paying much attention to the game.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:24 pm

Post by mikehart »

As everyone waited for Xeno to reappear after a prolonged absence they decided to march to his house and demand what was going on. They find his spouse, Riven. Riven announced that Xeno has dissappeared and will begin playing Xenos role in the town.

Riven
has replaced
Xeno

genku
genku
Goon
genku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2003 6:30 pm

Post by genku »

Welcome to the game Riven. (If that is a MYST reference, I already like you. :P) Anyway, read over the forum and tell us who you think looks most suspicious. I'm interested in what you have to say. Maybe you will see something that we all missed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”