Mini 882: Star Wars: Legacy of the Force Mafia(GAME OVER!)

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:05 pm

Post by d3x »

Well, that's the second half of the sentence; the first has to do with additional information. The only players with additional information are Scum and PRs. Hence my concern.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

What additional information would PRs get at this point in the game?
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

The whole breadcrumb thing is just nonsense. I agree with jason here that it's best to avoid a future misunderstanding due to that. It may seem a bit paranoid from him, but still, just that. On the other hand, Nacho and China pushing for it seems odd.

And, look at this:
Chinaman wrote: I'm getting a not so
Jedi
vibe from this post. There are 2 reasons for this.
Jedi
are not so cautious IMO. Only the
Sith
would want to elaborate on and cut discussion of something they previously posted.
First of all, as far as I know not all town is Jedi. Just from the opening fluff we can deduct that. And second, Sith? Where did you get this? In my role pm there is no mention whatsoever that the threat is from the Siths. In fact, not even the original fluff mentions Siths. So, why did you think the evil guys are Siths?

Guys! A scum slipped and I caught it!

Unvote, vote: Chinaman

Page 5 and reading...
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:22 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Damn it... AGM already found it first... -_-U

Still, a slip is a slip. Die, scum. Your answer in post 115 isn't convincing enough. d3x's defense on China isn't good enough either. As you say, pr can gain information during game, not on D1 with no N0. And please, stop defending him. I guess he can do it on his own.

I'm sorry for the previous nonactivity. I was having short time, and the few time I logged in I used it to catch up in other games that are more advanced in days (and some others that were easy to catch up). I'll try to keep active in this as well.

Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm all for bandwagons on either nacho or china.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:34 pm

Post by d3x »

I don't wish to continue this discussion because it goes into PR RoleFishing and as that was my initial concern, I don't think that's good a good thing for us. If you would like me to please say so, but it won't be on my head.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
PHANTOM
PHANTOM
Goon
PHANTOM
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Post by PHANTOM »

d3x wrote:So I caught up and read the quoted post again and I can now officially say that I don't like it. First, youpersonally only have a confirmation, an RVS Vote, a single content post and then your Vote post on the same person as your RVS Vote, coincidentally. cateraction has the exact same posting history as Bogre and Snow_Bunny isn't too far ahead {with an RVS Vote and a pic}. Why did you single out Bogre for this?
Yeah I realized that I had already voted for Bogre after I made that post, but I didn't think it would have mattered. True, cateraction has the same posting history as Bogre, but I only have one vote, so I choose to target one person.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Do you find me scummy for my attack on Jason? Do you find Jason for his attack on GM?
I found you ignoring his questions to be more scummy than your attack. I don't get what you mean about finding Jason's attack on GM scummy. Where did Jason attack GM?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:06 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Prodding Bogre and Cateraction...
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:36 pm

Post by Chinaman »

AlmasterGM wrote:Your attempt to dismiss the case by making it into a joke is noted.

It's actually not, as you put it, "fricken elementary." If you've read any of the extended universe books, you'll know that a good chunk of them have nothing to do with the Sith. Hell, even the movies don't revolve around the Sith. Star Wars isn't all about Jedi and Sith - there are other characters, and I'm sure that the other town players are aware of this. However, if you don't have the pro-town role PM (as I suspect), you wouldn't be aware that the enemy of the town was not specified in the pro-town PM. You would simply presume we knew it was "Jedi vs Sith" (that's you, the Sith) and talk about it. Which is what you did. Which is why I suspect you

Obviously you aren't going to mount any sort of response other than what I predicted, so I don't need to hear anything else from you on the issue (unless you want to comment, of course). I'll leave it to others to agree or disagree. Also, I'm unsure of why me being able to predict arguments makes my arguments go away - maybe I'm just good at preemption.
Hell, if anything, the Mods flavor suggesting different factions would make my comments of 1 side vs the other even more townie, would it not? It's Town/Jedi/Overall-good-guys vs the evil trying to kill us off. It doesn't matter how many factions are out there if they are all trying to kill me does it?
No, it does not make you more town. There are lots of different enemies to choose from - Imperial remnant, Yuuzhan Vong, random bad guys, whatever. Pulling "Sith" out of the hat makes me believe you had it in your role PM.
First off, I wasn't dismissing anything as a joke. I was making the point that it's ludicrous that you would dismiss the Jason thing yet because I used a blanket term Jedi to refer to town and a blanket term Sith as a blanket term for scum to be a slip. THAT's what I found so funny about it. I'm not sure how people are seriously voting for me for this. Would you have said anything had I just put townie and scummy vs Jedi and Sith...because that's exactly what is implied when I wrote/and reread my post.

The middle part is completely unfounded! You even said in your initial post about it that I would come back with the exact reason I posted Jedi and Sith in the first place! How do you go about reading my post, understanding why I put it in there, telling me exactly why you think I put it in there (ie saying I would come back with the saying it was for flavor), AND THEN try and build a case on it?! It blows my mind.

Along with the middle part, when you start talking about my role PM, why are you under the assumption that my town role pm would be the same as yours (if you are pro-town)? Are you saying that you know my role PM doesn't mention anything about Jedi in it (not saying it does or doesn't). If it did however, wouldn't the same logic you use to say my role has Sith in it work the same way as if it had Jedi in it? This is getting very close to Role-fishing from you and now Snowbunny.

p120 also has a minor role-fishing feel to it. You are assuming much about my role pm and are attacking me with nothing. What are you trying to accomplish here? My untimely demise? If so, I can only ask why you would want to lynch a town player with such a weak argument. Also, trying to guess my role PM and/or what it has in it is a form of fishing for my role.
---------------------------------------
Snowbunny p128: Do you honestly feel that my explanation of why I put Sith in for scum and Jedi in for town is so far fetched that you have indeed found me as scum and are sure of it? How strong a case do you really think that is?
----------------------------------------
Kdub p121: Any reason you chose to comment on the Jason topic but ignore the now growing topic of myself?
Phantom: Same question as above.
Zach: p122, 124, and 126: Those ALL smell highly of rolefishing, especially p126. What information are you trying to garner and how would everyone knowing that information be beneficial to town? Then, in your last post you say you are good with a bandwagon on me or Nacho yet you don't post why you personally feel either of us is scum AND you don't vote for either. It's very much like you are waiting to see which gains the best steam so you can jump on the right one....as if either would be good for you. Rolefishing plus being good with either wagon yet waiting to see which gains the most steam before you vote equals:

Vote: Zachrulez
Show
So...are you for good, or for AWESOME!?

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:19 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

@China: Yes, it's a far fetched explanation, and I believe that you are scum that slipped. The thing is, why would I think of Siths when my role pm and initial fluff don't mention any of that? Also, if you know something about SW, you would find that Siths "supposedly" (I don't know for sure) were destroyed by the end of Episode VI, so that means that whoever the bad guys are, they likely aren't Siths. Then, why would you say Siths are the bad guys? Also, why did you assume all town are Jedis? Those things make me think that you don't have a town role.

I played a game where scum slipped just like you did, and guess what? It was a mislynchless victory for town. Link here. If it went good last time, why wouldn't this time?

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:19 am

Post by Chinaman »

Ok Snowbunny. Please read my explanation again as you clearly don't get it. Either that or point out to me where exactly I said that the scum roles were Sith and the Town roles were Jedi. I really don't want to rag on anyone here, but I will say this is getting to be a little ridiculous. I would also like some other views from those who have yet to say anything about it.

To answer your questions though:
SB wrote:The thing is, why would I think of Siths when my role pm and initial fluff don't mention any of that?
Because in all the SW movies I have seen, it's the Sith who do the "bad" stuff...namely the emperor and his apprentice and the Jedi who stand for good. Other than the movies, I am not very spun up on SW universe stuff. So, that's why I thought to replace the word 'scum' with the word 'sith'. (This is a rewording of the my previous posts that you don't seem to really read)
Also, if you know something about SW, you would find that Siths "supposedly" (I don't know for sure) were destroyed by the end of Episode VI, so that means that whoever the bad guys are, they likely aren't Siths. Then, why would you say Siths are the bad guys?
You do realize you just pointed out exactly what I've been trying to tell you. I said Siths in reference to bad guys in this game
NOT
that the bad guys are all Sith roles.
Also, why did you assume all town are Jedis?
Never said or assumed this anywhere in my posts.
I played a game where scum slipped just like you did, and guess what? It was a mislynchless victory for town. Link here. If it went good last time, why wouldn't this time?
It wouldn't this time because I'm not scum.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:14 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Snow_Bunny wrote:The whole breadcrumb thing is just nonsense. I agree with jason here that it's best to avoid a future misunderstanding due to that. It may seem a bit paranoid from him, but still, just that. On the other hand, Nacho and China pushing for it seems odd.

And, look at this:
Jedi
Jedi
Sith
would want to elaborate on and cut discussion of something they previously posted.
First of all, as far as I know not all town is Jedi. Just from the opening fluff we can deduct that. And second, Sith? Where did you get this? In my role pm there is no mention whatsoever that the threat is from the Siths. In fact, not even the original fluff mentions Siths. So, why did you think the evil guys are Siths?

Page 5 and reading...
You refer town as jedi, and scum as sith. Obvious enough for me that you slipped.

Moar votes on China, kthnx.

Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Chinaman »

SB: Way to not answer to anything I wrote. Tunnel vision much?

Try this since you are so unwilling to come up with anything other than "I say you're scum"...
I wrote:I'm getting a not so
Town
Town
Scum
See where I bolded where you previously bolded but switch the words to Town and Scum as it was meant to mean in the first place? Is it really that hard for you to understand? Or are you just that clouded by the dark side?

(WARNING: THAT WAS FLAVOR AND NOT MEANT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM TO MEAN THAT I THINK SNOWBUNNY IS IN ANY ROLE THAT HAS TO DO WITH THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE WHICH IS OR ISN'T EVIL DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU STAND BLAH BLAH BLAH)

If you and Al want me to put that disclaimer up everytime I try and make this THEMED game more...themey then I will. Otherwise cut the crap and hunt for some Sith

(WARNING: I AM REFERING TO SCUM IN GENERAL WHEN I SAY 'SITH' IN ORDER TO ADD FLAVOR AND DO NOT MEAN IN ANY WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM THAT I KNOW OR THINK THAT THE SCUM ROLES IN THIS GAME ARE OR ARE NOT SITH).....this could get annoying, but I think you and everyone else get the picture.

FOS: Snowbunny
till you do more than ask for more votes in order to a townie.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
cateraction
cateraction
Goon
cateraction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:42 am

Post by cateraction »

Ooh, a scum slip.

Vote: China
Town - 3-1-0
Scum - 1-3-0
3rd Party - 1-0-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Chinaman »

lmfao!
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Chinaman »

Oh, and here's an
FoS: cateraction
for participating nothing at all up to this point in the game and jumping on the small yet biggest bandwagon with zero thoughts of your own. How was p138 supposed to help the Jedi (read town or all around good guys for those of you who don't get it)? Have you read through all the game before you posted this? Do you have anything to add or will you continue to lurk and jump on bandwagons?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:The whole breadcrumb thing is just nonsense. I agree with jason here that it's best to avoid a future misunderstanding due to that. It may seem a bit paranoid from him, but still, just that. On the other hand, Nacho and China pushing for it seems odd.

And, look at this:
Jedi
Jedi
Sith

Page 5 and reading...
You refer town as jedi, and scum as sith. Obvious enough for me that you slipped.

Moar votes on China, kthnx.
I am fine with moar votes on China.

Unvote, Vote: China

His case on me is total bullshit, and he's just flailing around the weak ol FOS now.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:16 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Also feel free to elaborate on how I was rolefishing Chinaman.
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Chinaman »

ISO p19, 20, and especially 21 (as I have already stated).

p19, you want d3x to elaborate on what he thinks. You are not necessarily fishing for the role yourself but instead asking d3x to elaborate his thoughts about roles. That's the feel I got from it.

p20, you go into the difference between different win condition and a power role. You totally ignore the fact that it was thought that I had insider information, not that I'm saying I do or don't, but you are talking more about roles here to continue the discussion of them. Not specifically rolefishing, but continuing to talk about them isn't going to be helpful. Especially when you decide to leave out part of the original statement.

p21,
you wrote:What additional information would PRs get at this point in the game?
How is this question not rolefishing?
--------
Now, how is
you wrote:His case on me is total bullshit, and he's just flailing around the weak ol FOS now.
not an OMGUS vote? Do you have any other reasons to vote me other than you don't like my vote on you and why I voted it?

I will also note that after those posts I mentioned above, you are fine with my or Nacho's lynch yet you didn't vote or say why you were fine with them. Now, low and behold, I have 3 votes on me and you happily jump on the bandwagon. How are your actions here at one with the light side of the Force?

As far as my FoS's are concerned, they are all there for good reasons. The problem is there are too many people showing a tendency for following the dark path that leads to destruction. I only have one vote. If I had more, I'd be using them on the people I FoS'ed. Is that not for what the FoS is? Hrmm?

Also, while you're responding, could you explain why you think my suspicion of cateraction and SnowBunny are invalid?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:47 am

Post by Kdub »

I'm not feeling very comfortable about the speed of the Chinaman wagon at the moment. I think his case on Zach is weak, but I've stopped putting much stock into "scum slips" since my experience hasn't shown me that they are more likely to come from scum anyway. In our last game together, Chinaman made what was perceived as a fairly major slip-up, but he was town who just made a mistake because he didn't think through his post before he made it. I'm not saying he is innocent here, but I don't think his "slip" is a good enough reason to lynch him right now.

I agree that cateraction needs to start explaining his thoughts rather than just jumping on the main wagon. Snow_bunny and Zach at least gave reasoning for their votes, can you elaborate more on yours?
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:02 am

Post by Chinaman »

Kdub: Do you define Zach's reasoning for voting me as what he posted at the end of p141? If so, do you find it to be a good explanation of his vote?

As far as you thinking my reasoning for voting Zach being weak, where exactly do you think it's weak? I have:
-what I perceived as rolefishing,
-being happy with a lynch of either of 2 people, without explination of why he was happy with either
-being happy about my or Nacho's lynch when there are still people who have yet to participate
-and now an OMGUS vote.

Which part of that is weak in your opinion? Please explain how you see his posts that I garnered this case from.
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Chinaman
Chinaman
Goon
Chinaman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:04 am

Post by Chinaman »

Also Kdub: You easily said that my case on Zach is weak, but how do you feel about the case on me? You don't feel comfortable with the speed of my wagon, but do you feel the case is stronger than anything else out there?
Show

Mafia Scum History:
Townie - 4-2
Scum - 0-0
Serial Killer - 1-0
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:46 am

Post by Kdub »

I don't want to answer for Zach, but basically, I don't see his discussion with d3x as being rolefishing because he was clearly not trying to find out other players' roles, he was just questioning d3x's reasoning because d3x brought up the rolefishing thing in the first place. Also, why is his vote OMGUS but your FoS of Snow_bunny and cateraction are not? His reasons for voting you (the slip and your case on him) seem like fair reasons, even if I only agree with one of them.

Regarding the case on you, I already said I don't put much stock in your "slip", so I'm not going to vote you for it. I'm more interested in Nacho at the moment based on his argument with Jason, but really, at this stage of the game, it's hard to see any case as being objectively "strong" barring a major development.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:30 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I would agree, it did not seem like he was wanting info on roles or role fishing... China is seeming to be willing to jump and attack on anyone right now, he jumped on me over my 'breadcrumb' that was non existent and now jumping on Zach for non existent role fishing.

Right now China and Nach are my two top choices for being scum.

I also do not believe this game is as straight forward as Jedi vs Sith.

Vote: China
with a major HOS: Nach
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:35 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

More China votes sounds like an excellent idea.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”