Newbie 814(over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:53 am

Post by Vaya »

1. I'll admit that I wasn't thinking of itacv2 as particularly scummy until samhorn pointed it out, but I can agree with what someone else says without being scum. itacv2's case against lego had a lot of odd reasoning and, to me, kinda feels like scum going after an easy target(since he had the most votes and a FoS on him). His reaction to samhorn's accusation was even worse, with him suddenly finding samhorn scummy and making threats like 'if you lynch me, you'll be lynched next.' That's why I placed my vote on him.

2. I never defended lego, I just pointed out that one thing was an odd thing to find suspicious. I even agreed that his behavior was weird.
itacv2
itacv2
Townie
itacv2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:42 am

Post by itacv2 »

I didnt threat him. I said that after you guys decide to lynch me, then, and just then, use what u fint to eliminate the real threats. And now, my reasoning is odd. Anyways. Go on. I just have to say that i believe lego is scum, and that samhorn is distracting you.
I will either find a way or make one.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:01 am

Post by Vaya »

Could you answer meji's question, because I want to know too. You've been saying that lego and atma are scumbuddies all this time, but now suddenly samhorn is scum too. What exactly has he done to make you believe that?
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Dont vote GOTOR13 now! He is almost sure to be replaced with a replacement that actually says something we can get a read on one way or another

Of course, if he actually comes back, but contributes nothing other than saying the bare mininum . . . then vote away
There is no problem so big it cannot be solved by an even bigger explosion
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Vaya »

If GATOR13 comes back again without posting anything of content, I'm in favor of his lynch Day 1.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:44 am

Post by Meji Fan »

In that case Im in favor of it, but I dont want to just lynch an empty player slot thats going to be filled with a replacement
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:50 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

It's time we replaced GOTOR13. Or lynched him.
"I have chronic depression and a learning disability" - Xylthilxm
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:46 am

Post by Meji Fan »

If he persists in not answering my question Id much rather lynch itacv
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:50 am

Post by Meji Fan »

speaking of which, I have now decided I am more interested in itacv than sam

Unvote, Vote itacv
legomaniac1128
legomaniac1128
Townie
legomaniac1128
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:50 am

Post by legomaniac1128 »

itacv, your vote on me for being away enjoying myself seems like targeting. Someones already said this but you seem to be targeting me, the one with the highest vote. Trying to stay alive are we? That's scummy in it's own right. I also believe threatening people makes you look even scummy. Vaya already pointed this out, but I'll add on. This means you must in some way have a tie to the mafia, or after you're dead, persuade people into thinking I'm scum. I rest my case. itacv is scum.
Ain't I a Scummy!!!!
legomaniac1128
legomaniac1128
Townie
legomaniac1128
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:55 am

Post by legomaniac1128 »

Whops, almost forgot something!
FoS:itacv
Ain't I a Scummy!!!!
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Post by atma »

why would you not want to lynch gotor13 just cause he might be replaced? fact of the matter is, you base your vote off how someone is currently, not a future possibility. its just not logical to think like that.

@vaya,

still looks like you were defending him to me but eh, that's what i see i suppose.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:18 am

Post by hasdgfas »

GOTOR13 and Brandor have not picked up their prods and will be replaced.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:46 am

Post by Meji Fan »

Because other than not posting gotor hasnt been interesting

Up and vanishing is pretty much a null tell

Thus, I would much rather vote for interesting people
atma
atma
Townie
atma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 am

Post by atma »

Meji Fan wrote:Because other than not posting gotor hasnt been interesting

I understand what are you saying but consider this: lurking is sometimes considered to be scummy, so what if GOTOR was lurking but covering it by saying he was busy and away etc.? that was my point. but it was made sort of a moot point when mr. moderator just told us he is going to be replaced soon. eh.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:34 am

Post by sam.samhorn »

Meji Fan wrote:Because other than not posting gotor hasnt been interesting

This.

UNVOTE

Rereading the last couple pages...
"I have chronic depression and a learning disability" - Xylthilxm
Evil Sonidow
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Evil Sonidow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:17 am

Post by Evil Sonidow »

Unvote
as well. I'll wait for people to be replaced before I can vote again. I've kept up with the thread though and I agree that itacv2 is acting scummy, but like I said, I'll wait. I only voted for GOTOR because he was on the borderline of patience.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:50 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Manzcar replaces GOTOR13.

Still looking for a replacement for Brandor
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:13 am

Post by Manzcar »

Hello all I'm replacing in. I'll catch up and post soon.
Manzcar
Manzcar
Goon
Manzcar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Manzcar »

Vaya you seemed to have a good reason to vote lego but then you defended him (you really did) and you never pressured Lego. Why??
Can you elaborate your case on Itacv2 for me?

Meji why are you voting Itacv2?

Evil to put it bluntly why are you lurking??

Itacv2 you are using a lot of appeals of emotion and fear if you have a case build on it. If someone attacks you discredit their attacks. I too had to learn this. Can you tell me why you suspect Lego?

Atma why do you want to lynch a lurker? Do you think this is pro town? Who is your top suspect and why?

Lego your votes have seemed to jump around. Your current vote is on Itacv2 can you give me your reasons why your vote is on him? Also can you explain why your voted Itacv2 and then FoS'd him?

Sam why did you clear Vaya as scum in your iso post 5? Why do you find itacv2 scummy?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Sudai replaces Brandor.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

also, I'm going to be gone for about a week starting tomorrow, so I'm going to get someone to look after you. I'll let you know when I find someone.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Vaya »

Manzcar wrote:Vaya you seemed to have a good reason to vote lego but then you defended him (you really did) and you never pressured Lego. Why??
Can you elaborate your case on Itacv2 for me?
Lego's behavior is really odd, with the way he seems to do nothing but follow and mimic what everyone else says. At first, when I voted for lego, I thought he was being scummy, but I'm starting to get the impression that this might just be the sort of person he is. I still think there's a chance that he's scum, but itacv2 seems scummier. (BTW, I was not defending lego, I only pointed out that being away for a few days is not scummy behavior, you're misinterpreting my post).

As for itvac2, there are a lot of things he's done that makes him seem scummy. With lego's odd behavior, if he's not scum, he is a perfect scum target. When itvac2 first voted for lego, he claimed it was because he didn't want 'an easy manipulated around when it come to identify mafia', but then he suddenly thinks he's scummy.

Then the case he built up had plenty of bad reasoning. He claims lego going away for a bit is scummy, that him not accusing a certain person is a sign of them being scumbuddies(this early in the game, when plenty of people have yet to accuse each other), and criticizes him for a vote from the RVS not having reason behind it.

Once he was accused of being scummy, instead of attempting to refute it, he just gets upset and accuses samhorn of being scum for seemingly no good reason. I believe he does this because he knows that lego isn't really scum and that he can't defend his false case against him.

(Also, could someone tell me how to iso read posts?)
Sudai
Sudai
Townie
Sudai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Sudai »

First off, hey guys. I'm replacing Brandor (as hasdgfas has already stated) and I look forward to this game. :]

Time to build some cases.

FoS: Itacv2

itacv2 wrote:
Vote Evil Sonidow

Your aurge to begin the game makes me wonder, why you want the game started so fast?
Are you just anxious to get someone killed already.
He was the first to make a serious claim, any claim actually, but the idea that it's a serious claim is where the suspicion is drawn.

Not going to quote this one to avoid my post getting too large, but you can look back to the first two post on page 2 to confirm if you please.
-Vaya asked itacv2 to get an avatar, itacv2's avatar is a gun. Personal choice, but the human psyche has a funny way about things. Might be over analyzing this one, but I'm going to include this anyway.
itacv2 wrote:
Unvote, Vote ATMA

Only mafiascum would give as a reason that he is a GOOD kind. Nothing personal, but that is pretty suspicious to me.
This was shortly after Meji joke voted Atma for having the name of an evil from FF6. Possible bandwagon hopping. Not to substantial alone, but all of his votes, aside from Evil have been bandwagon as can be seen later. This quote also shows pushing suspicion for something rather minuscule. Atma was explaining that there's technically 2 Atma characters, not referencing Mafia at all. Atma's actions in this regard can not be seen as scummy, however the fact that Itacv2 tried to pass it off as scummy is scummy in of itself.
itacv2 wrote:This seem as a forum of get to know a friend site.

Unvote, Vote legomaniac1128

I think i dont want an easy manipulated around when it come to identify mafia.
I would rather prefer people that can think in their own and reason with the ideas presented.
This is shortly after Vaya changed her vote to Legomaniac. Before Itacv2's vote, Lego was tied to be lynched at 2 votes. Bandwagon hopping?
itacv2 wrote:OMG. Im sorry guys but i must say that these two are in cahoots.

I think that Atma is trying to get attention of his mate lego, Why?

There was not so much pressure then, therefore no need to retract a vote without a good reason.
I think a first stage in the game is to see reactions and i must say that that is fairly suspicious even for an early stage.

Therefore guys i think we should pressure a bit more these two.
These are two people that Itacv2 had voted for prior, yet he's made little attempt to personally put pressure on either and is asking us to put pressure on them? Hmmm.
itacv2 wrote:Why i voted legomaniac in the first place?, because of his ambivalence, He was just following bandwagon after bandwagon without a slim evidence to support his action. Just, someone said so. Then the whole joke thing gave me goose bumps. There was no need for a change in votes if it was a joke then. Why? because there was no hard evidence against none of them, meaning no threat at all. After we jump to get to know him better, suddenly he is going to a cottage.

Also his vote on Meji has no evidence at all. What we should do? Get rid of unproductive characters and start the scumhunt.
There's no reason to suspect someone for retracting a joke vote when the person their joke vote was placed on had 3 votes, 2 away from a lynch. Despite it being Mafia suicide, this is a newbie game and the chances that. There's a 41.66% chance of both Mafia being newbies*. Knowing this, I probably wouldn't have unvoted just yet, but I can understand it.

*Calculations: 6/9*5/8 = 41.66% Calculations assume that there's 6 newbies. I read that there were 3 non-newbies somewhere in here but for the life of me I can't find it. It doesn't really matter though as this situation is enough to make my point.
itacv2 wrote:I didnt threat him. I said that after you guys decide to lynch me, then, and just then, use what u fint to eliminate the real threats. And now, my reasoning is odd. Anyways. Go on. I just have to say that i believe lego is scum, and that samhorn is distracting you.
What? Sure you did. Want me to quote it? Alright, here it is~
itacv2 wrote:I can be scummy but if u do get a case against me and i get lynched youll be the next going down. Why?, because then everyone will figure out that you are really scum and u are just diverting the attention from yourself.
Story change for the loss. As it stands, he's the lead suspect in my eyes.
Meji Fan
Meji Fan
Goon
Meji Fan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Meji Fan »

Vaya - at the bottom there is a thing where it says 'display posts from previous 'select time span' by 'select user'', the select use box you choose who you want to read

Manzcar - itacv2 seemed very odd on his going from 'atma and lego are scum' to 'sam is scum' transition, and he never directly answered my question on it, despite me (and I think someone else) asking him to

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”