SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2009 6:35 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I don't recall DGB saying she targetted sotty.

I'm just a vanilla townie. The most despised and lynchable role in this game.
She didn't say it. She died before she could. Because I got another one shot watch. And I think I know why.
Just for clarification, who was your target?
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 4:16 am

Post by farside22 »

bump
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 7:21 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Sotty, did you write down the posts you saved or are you just going from your memory?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Just for clarification, who was your target?
Well, if you were reading, you'd know it was Sotty.

down, butch...good boy!
You have not obtained anywhere NEAR the right to refer to me that way, and you WILL not in the future. Do not assume there is nothing I can do about it, because I will find a way to.

If you will be respectful, I will return the favor. But you do NOT get the right to use that sort of tone with me unless I ASK you to!

No, actually, I thought you had claimed in Day 2. I checked my notes and didn't see anything there, so I asked an honest, non-belittling question. After I made that post and was responding to something else, I found that you had actually made your claim today. By then, you had already responded with scummy, over-defensive negativity and attacked VP for kindly answering the question I had posed to you.
Attacked? Hardly, I pointed out he need not answer questions for me is all. As for negativity, why is it scummy? Please explain your thought process.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: You have not obtained anywhere NEAR the right to refer to me that way, and you WILL not in the future. Do not assume there is nothing I can do about it, because I will find a way to.
I'll say whatever the f#@k I want. Do not assume your threats instill any fear in me; they don't. If you can't handle the heat, YOU need to stay out of the kitchen.
forbiddanlight wrote: Well, if you were reading, you'd know it was Sotty.
Please quote the post where you stated specifically, not implied, that your target was Sotty.

After you fail to be able to do that, I would like to know if anyone other than DGB paid Sotty a visit during the night.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:54 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'll say whatever the f#@k I want. Do not assume your threats instill any fear in me; they don't. If you can't handle the heat, YOU need to stay out of the kitchen.
You need to not be a fucking jackass. There is absolutely NO need for the antagonization you've been throwing at me, when, while I may have been a little rude, have not NEARLY done as much as you have until you started dropping the c word on me.

In fact...

Elvis, could you PLEASE step in and tell us BOTH to play nice since we obviously aren't adult enough to handle our issues without resorting to ad hominems and just plain RUDE insults that have NO place in a mafia game?

After you fail to be able to do that, I would like to know if anyone other than DGB paid Sotty a visit during the night.
Also very obvious. No

Please quote the post where you stated specifically, not implied, that your target was Sotty.
Yeah, good jorb arguing semantics there buddy.
But yeah, DGB targetted Sotty. There was a kill. Odds are Sotty did not do that kill.
This post is reasonably clear on it considering I've also claimed it to be a one shot watching.

So...yeah...
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:55 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Oh, and they aren't threats. They are promises. I do have enough of a fanclub outside of MS to make your life a living hell with a little effort ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 12:59 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Nyeh. That last was petty and unnecessary. But whatever.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote:Oh, and they aren't threats. They are promises. I do have enough of a fanclub outside of MS to make your life a living hell with a little effort ^-^.
You are a very pathetic human being.

If you are going to attempt to cause grief in someone's real life just because you can't handle being called something that you obviously are, you need to seek treatment. I'll save this forum and pass it on to a few different people in case ANYTHING out of the ordinary takes place in my real life and this needs to be shared with the authorities.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You are a very pathetic human being.

If you are going to attempt to cause grief in someone's real life just because you can't handle being called something that you obviously are, you need to seek treatment. I'll save this forum and pass it on to a few different people in case ANYTHING out of the ordinary takes place in my real life and this needs to be shared with the authorities.
Actually, I wasn't talking about IRL, to be honest. I was talking about online problems mostly. But honestly, it was petty.

But yanno what? I don't care, you STILL had no right to say what you did. And for that I honestly wouldn't mind doing something..."out of the ordinary" to your real life. However, it would indeed be a waste of my time. Scum like you (and I mean that literally, not in the context of the game), would not be worth my, or anyone elses.

Go
Die
In
A
Fire.

Twice.

Oh, by the way, I thought you weren't "scared" of my threats.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

*my time.

But...it's a moot point. It's very obvious that I need to take a short break from this game because certain douchebags can't back off, and I apparently don't have the presence of mind to be the bigger person and let it go.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2009 1:49 pm

Post by SlySly »

Forbiddan, just go seek some help.

Sotty or rofl, please lynch forbiddan so she doesn't have a heart attack or a ruptured aneurysm.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 10:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

forb is not getting lynched today. if you want to see anyone other than vp lynched today, you can switch your votes to farside. forb is town. i'm impressed that whichever of the two of them (baltar and farside) is scum has managed to squirm their way out of what should have been a guaranteed town win through sheer process of elimination.

there is zero scum motivation for forb to actually reveal her watch result confirming sotty as town.

sotty is confirmed town.

slysly is claimed doc thingy, confirmed to have a targeting ability that does not kill its target by (again) forb's claimed watch result.

this leaves farside, who is playing the pity me the poor vt thing to the hilt, and baltar, who has put the most effort into making sure anyone and everyone is a possibly lynch candidate today and tomorrow and whose role has zero bearing on his alignment.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by SlySly »

roflcopter wrote: if you want to see anyone other than vp lynched today, you can switch your votes to farside. forb is town.
If my vote were to move now, which it won't, it would move to you. Either you are scum that gave forb powers or forb is scum that received your powers.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:07 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

If my vote were to move now, which it won't, it would move to you. Either you are scum that gave forb powers or forb is scum that received your powers.
Way to tunnel, likely incorrectly. I know at least half your options are completely off base.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Way to tunnel, likely incorrectly. I know at least half your options are completely off base.
F#@k off, butch.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

F#@k off, butch.
And you were the one accusing me of being a pathetic human being.

For the sake of argument, may I ask what your cases are? After all, I assume you have them. Or maybe you just hate me that much *starts to tear up*
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: may I ask what your cases are?
It is obvious.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It is obvious.
Ah, good. Not planning to help the town then. Before you call me on hypocrisy, let us point out the fact that I've actually been RIGHT when I said the answers to your questions were obvious. I also generally followed up with the obviousness if you still were confused.

At any rate, be very happy that you targeted Baltar that night I watched him. Otherwise, you would make a VERY good lynch candidate.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:23 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: let us point out the fact that I've actually been RIGHT when I said the answers to your questions were obvious.
No, actually you were wrong.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Sly wrote: After you fail to be able to do that, I would like to know if anyone other than DGB paid Sotty a visit during the night.
Also very obvious. No
Quote the post where you stated no one else visited Sotty. You didn't, not obvious.
forbiddanlight wrote:
Sly wrote: Just for clarification, who was your target?
Well, if you were reading, you'd know it was Sotty.
Not obvious, you could have targetted DGB.

------------------------------
forbiddanlight wrote: Not planning to help the town then.
Your track record of killing townies is better than your track record of helping townies in this game.

-----------------------------

If this were a regular game, I would ask to be replaced. Since it isn't, I will play it out. Don't worry if I see forbutchan in the list of players of a game I am interested in playing, I will not join.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Quote the post where you stated no one else visited Sotty. You didn't, not obvious.
Very obvious. I would have said ALL targetters. Since as long as Sotty didn't die, they'd all be confirmed town

Not obvious, you could have targetted DGB.
Also obvious. I stated that it was a one shot WATCH in a later post.

Your track record of killing townies is better than your track record of helping townies in this game.
Actually, let's see, I've effectively helped prevent a Sotty and/or SlySly mislynch, though it would be VERY tempting to lynch you because you ARE playing in an anti town manner (there was a post someone once made on another site about how needless antagonization in mafia is anti town. Yes, we've both engaged in it)

If this were a regular game, I would ask to be replaced. Since it isn't, I will play it out. Don't worry if I see forbutchan in the list of players of a game I am interested in playing, I will not join.
Hey, guess what, I feel the exact same way. Our paths will never cross again.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by SlySly »

roflcopter wrote: there is zero scum motivation for forb to actually reveal her watch result confirming sotty as town.
Why not? She is the only scum left, confirming Sotty made her look town to you. It's not like she could confirm herself.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why not? She is the only scum left, confirming Sotty made her look town to you. It's not like she could confirm herself.
Alright...well, there's one thing I'd like to ask you.

Could you please read through your notes and today withOUT predetermining me as scum? At least once? It'd be a very townie thing to do.
-StrangerCoug

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by SlySly »

forbiddanlight wrote: Could you please read through your notes and today withOUT predetermining me as scum? At least once? It'd be a very townie thing to do.
When this day started, I thought farside was scum. Farside has done enough today to make me think she is town.
SlySly wrote: If there weren't so many scum dead already, I would be almost certain that rofl and forbidden are a scum team. Since there are so many scum dead, their claims become more believable.
Either you or rofl are scum.

I have been asking rofl for a case against VP all day, he has not produced one. He has twice promised to, though. If not for the warm fuzziness you have given me today, I'd most likely be voting rofl at this point. But the feelgood vibes coming off of you today has made me think, rofl actually has a power that can be helpful to the town. With your VT claim, you are nothing without the power that rofl has been giving you. I think it is very likely that you are scum that has been given, by rofl, the opportunity to appear town and I think you have attempted to make the most of that opportunity.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

When this day started, I thought farside was scum. Farside has done enough today to make me think she is town.
Can you elaborate then?

I have been asking rofl for a case against VP all day, he has not produced one. He has twice promised to, though. If not for the warm fuzziness you have given me today, I'd most likely be voting rofl at this point. But the feelgood vibes coming off of you today has made me think, rofl actually has a power that can be helpful to the town. With your VT claim, you are nothing without the power that rofl has been giving you. I think it is very likely that you are scum that has been given, by rofl, the opportunity to appear town and I think you have attempted to make the most of that opportunity.
Well, you are wrong, and this doesn't really explain anything about why you think I'm scum. Could you please get to that? Or is hedginess how you plan to get me hammered?

Oh, the article I mentioned:
Kilga wrote: Speaking of, I would like to Point to Day 1 for a perfect example of how not to scumhunt properly (and hopefully at least show my needless antagonization stance to be the correct one). Given the recent influx of new people into this game, I feel obliged to point this all out. Let's start at the beginning.

When Unesco overreacted to Edible's vote, I decided then and there that they were scum and needed to die. This is the one decision I do not regret, and I would make it again in a heartbeat. I would policy vig for this if I ever drew a vig role in the same game that someone overreacted to an Early Day 1™ vote, because there's about an 85% chance they're scum (and the other 15% gets chalked up to "unnecessary distraction", which I have no personal problem removing from the game). For new players, however, YMMV. My approach is not the only way to play the game, and it's certainly not the best, so take this sentiment with a grain of salt.

After that, I violated Rule #1 of scumhunting: Find Evidence -> Conclude Scum, not the other way around. This should be obvious enough in reading the above paragraph and remembering the approach I took to that day.

An add-on to that was the fact that I did, indeed player-meta. I knew UK would eventually explode, because she always does. She did, and I used it against her. I knew pesco would eventually say something vague and refuse to give a straight answer when questioned about it, because he always does. He did, and I used it against him. These both fed into my "Conclude Scum -> Find Evidence" approach.

But then what was I to do when everyone calmed the waters and they both reverted to regular players? Stir shit up on my own, of course! I spent the second half of the day intentionally writing in a cold and collected (but ever-so-slightly condescending) tone that I knew would infuriate UK, giving me more rage to use against her and get Unesco lynched regardless of what the pesco half did.

And it worked! Unesco got voted off! I had outscummed the scum! And then they flipped town and I facepalmed at myself for being an idiot.

Let that be a lesson to anyone who still thinks antagonizing someone they think is scum into making a mistake is a good idea. It works on town just as well as it does on scum. Flip don't lie, people.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”