Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:58 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1218, Rubicon wrote:Raise your hand if you regret not lynching the fuck out of TSO.

raises hand

:P
You've got to love it when you get the nightkill on someone
just
as they're beginning to suspect someone. :]
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:00 am

Post by fferyllt »

gg scumteam.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:12 am

Post by T S O »

Question to all of you: which alignment do you prefer playing as?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Jargonaut
Jargonaut
Goon
Jargonaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Jargonaut »

GG. This was my first scum game, so if anyone has constructive criticism, I'd love to hear it.

Also good shooting, Egg
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:36 am

Post by HighShroomish »

I was right. I was fucking 100% right.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:37 am

Post by HighShroomish »

GG scum team. It was an interesting game for me and I think I can say the same for Dice. It probably wasn't my best idea to partner with some who also hadn't ever hydra'd before but oh well.
HighShroomish
HighShroomish
Goon
HighShroomish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:45 am

Post by HighShroomish »

In post 1227, T S O wrote:Question to all of you: which alignment do you prefer playing as?
I'm still not really sure. I've only ever been a VT when town except in a Role-madness game, and I've only played a couple of scum games. Probably scum because then I can actually do some stuff at night.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:35 am

Post by toolenduso »

Holy crap, MTD got a result on me?!

Wow, I am lucky that I made it through this game.

@Sleepy: Your case on me wasn't as terrible as I was saying. You were right that my interactions with Jargo weren't genuine, because they weren't. In the mafia thread you'll see that we did plan to end the conversation, so in that sense it may have come across a little less naturally than if we had just let it played out. I guess I was afraid that town would eventually take notice and draw something from it, which now seems a little silly because that was half the point anyway -- to organically distance ourselves from each other.

The main part of your argument that didn't work was in pointing to how I didn't try to convince other people. That seems to me to be more of a play style thing and I was able to capitalize on that.

So yeah, you did a good job in finding me but maybe the message got garbled a little bit.

@Jargonaut: Not bad at all for a first scum game! Obviously since I knew you were scum it's going to be hard for me to give you good feedback, but the one thing I think I can offer in the way of constructive criticism is just to say that the vote off TSO came across as kind of weird just because it was sudden and didn't seem to be prompted by much. As a rule, I've noticed that unvoting without voting somebody else tends to draw suspicion. Not always, but often enough that I try to avoid doing it as any alignment.

@ffery: I thought the amount of effort you put into this game upon replacing in was awesome. It honestly made the game more enjoyable, and you'll see in the mafia thread that we were scared you would figure us out.

@TSO: tool + TSO scum bros 4 evah!
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:46 am

Post by toolenduso »

@Egg: I'd be interested in hearing why you shot Jargo, actually. I think that would probably be the best constructive criticism she could get. Or did you already explain somewhere?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Egg »

In post 1233, toolenduso wrote:@Egg: I'd be interested in hearing why you shot Jargo, actually. I think that would probably be the best constructive criticism she could get. Or did you already explain somewhere?
Gut.
3dicerolling
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
3dicerolling
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:18 am

Post by 3dicerolling »

EVERYONE REMEMBER. GOOD PLAYERS CAN MAKE FAKE CRUMBS. THIS IS A LESSON FOR ALL.

Like I said, more when I get back
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:20 am

Post by MTD »

In post 1220, N wrote:one got a guilty on night 1 and didn't claim/breadcrumb
I did crumb it, as I said in the dead PT, but I guess nobody picked that one up. I was unsure whether to claim it, as it was only a GS result and I had tool as pretty town at that point.

GG scumteam, though :)
still the same old MTD
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:41 am

Post by Egg »

MTD I thought it was an innocent crumb because I thought you'd claim a guilty...
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:24 am

Post by T S O »

Thoughts:

This game...

When I got my role PM, I saw we had Daychat, a RC, a JOAT and three members. This was great, but it also meant that Town would be loaded. So we knew we'd have to constantly PR hunt. I was really happy with my partners; I recognised Jargonaut and tool and me had recently pulled a scum victory from the jaws of defeat. I knew the quality I'd get from him. I decided to crumb PGO in case it was needed (it was!) and that was basically all we did pre-game.

I was really happy with my d1 - I felt I did a really convincing job of tunnelling Cho. Cho -was- scummy, but I felt kinda bad about the way I hounded her. It made for great towncred and all, but eh. Town didn't really pressure any of us d1, and there was only one person defending Cho - Elyse. It was her or Rubicon, and we knew she'd be trouble with her suspicions aflame and towncred from defending Cho the next day, so we shot her. She was a PR who could have given us trouble late-game, so it was a really nice shot.

tool's role Cop revealed Egg as a 1-shot Vigilante! (Incidentally, I kept faking lack of knowledge about that juuust in case tool flipped, where a chain of events could lead to me exhibiting my lack of role knowledge as proof I wasn't his scumbuddy. I didn't really expect tool to die, but, y'know. Contingency plans.) Rubicon began to get dangerous. He was linking players and making connections. We started getting worried. Post 118 is basically why we shot Rubicon.

We got the Beloved Princess, but Jargonaut died! I felt a bit better after I found out that we couldn't have prevented that, but it still hurt us. Now we had to get an extra lynch in this maze of PR's.
If there was one thing I liked about the scumteam's play this game, it was the impressive bit of thinking which prevented us from losing tool. You can see the MTD kill was really strategical from our QT, and it kept tool alive. Proud of that one.
Not only did we kill a PR, we also found the last one. Lucky? Maybe. But luck is born from genius. And you can quote that.

MTD flipped Gunsmith, we now knew BPC was a Watcher. We decided to buddy Riptide, and set-up our mislynch material in Riptide/TBP/SK. Everything was going swimmingly. The downtime made Town lazy and apathetic. Things were all set-up for our scumwin, because we had ample mislynches...

...then ffery replaced in, and things got tougher. Her first set of reads were scary. Really, fucking, scary. She also became hard to lynch. The Mafia QT shows that she worried us as soon as she arrived. We barely got through that day.

The next day was incredibly hard... but, not really. Town's victory fell to pieces - it was only a matter of when. They lacked a counterstroke. (Yes, I'm quoting Havelock from Dishonoured, becuse Dishonoured is fucking awesome.) Riptide was being attacked by me, but tool was also digging his hole in a very nicely-done subtle manner. We were agonising in the QT about why Town wouldn't vote, but ultimately, it was worth the wait. tool didn't even get to hammer. We did our usual post-game troll and N wrapped it up. Another scum victory!

I enjoyed playing with everyone in this game. Major props, however, to firstly my scumbuddy Jargo, whose interactions with me were fucking brilliant. Well played, Jargo. Well played. Secondly, to the best scumbuddy ever, toolenduso. You are the fucking man!

TSO out, guys, if anyone else wants to leave their thoughts I'd love to read them.
-Marquis
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Elyse »

Gj scum!
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:51 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Thanks for the feedback tool

TSO, that post where you were talking about how fucking lost you felt in this game after the double Night felt genuine to me and pretty much locked in a townread.
To be clear: quack
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:35 am

Post by MTD »

In post 1237, Egg wrote:MTD I thought it was an innocent crumb because I thought you'd claim a guilty...
Yeah, I didn't think of that at that point, sorry.
still the same old MTD
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Equinox »