WaltWishbone
WaltWishbone
Goon
WaltWishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by WaltWishbone »

I see what you are saying but as BM said Destructor wrote in his post number#4 we were all getting a second pm. To me this was not the most damaging point against iceman, until adels post detailing all of the merits of the case and then firestarter coming out as his lover was the final "nail", in my opinion. I don't see that this confirms crazy as town.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:02 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Walt, who is your buddy?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Darox, you're ignoring me.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by destructor »

.::] Vote Count [::.

Harvey Pew (4)
- armlx, Knight of Cydonia, neko2086, sekinj
Crazy (1)
- Battle Mage
OpposedForce (2)
- Crazy, Adel
Cephrir (1)
- Darox

Not Voting (12) - Raging Rabbit, OpposedForce, Harvey Pew, ThAdmiral, pwnz, DarlaBlueEyes, charter, Cephrir, cerebus3, WaltWishbone, Erratus Apathos, SleepyPanda

OpposedForce hasn't picked his prod up and will be replaced. Also looking for a replacement for pwnz.
cerebus3 has been prodded.
Last edited by destructor on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Adel »

WaltWishbone wrote:
Darox wrote:
Crazy wrote:
Adel wrote:Knowing a scumtell has nothing to do with alignment.
Holy crap, you mean I didn't know what you were talking about? Okay, so now I know nothing about your alignment.

Then it appears that I have a scumtell of my own, then, the one that I've been referring to this whole time. That coincidentally also would work better without a mass-claim and is something that scum would have no idea of. I suggest keeping me alive until Day 3/4 at least so I can reveal what it is. K? If I don't have anything then, you can lynch me. Really, what's the harm in this unless you're scum?
Crazy wrote:(How many PMs from the mod do you have in your inbox?)

Don't answer that now.
Crazy wrote:
Adel wrote: What doesn't make any sense to me is that Crazy thinks that claiming how many PMs from the mod you got in your inbox would reveal scum after 3 or 4 game days.
I was expecting after 3 or 4 days that everyone would post all their daytalk... I didn't see anything in the rules against that.
Iceman attacked Crazy because "You can't have gotten something extra in your role PM" and "Unless you got a second message telling you about this that I missed"

All the original towns people did get a second message to give them daytalk threads, and it this pretty much outed iceman and confirmed crazy.
But how does that make crazy not mafia?
He apparently lacks the ability to carry out that plan as scum. While his incompetence
may
be a ruse, I do not see any reason to think that it
is
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Darox »

Cephrir wrote:
11: Disagrees with Charters reasons why Crazy's massclaim push is scummy. Mischaracterizes Crazy's attacks against Iceman, then goes on to state scum are no more likely than townies to try and fake knowledge of the tell. (False) Goes on to say that there is no way that Crazy was lying about his scumtell.
Unless you want to tell me how that's mischaracterization, this point does not exist. And I still believe that scum weren't more likely to pretend to know the tell, because either way it's just dumb.
Scum would be more inclined to pretend to know the tell because it makes them look like town, especially after Crazy mentioned that only townie players would know what the tell is.

As for mischaracterizing Crazy's case, you are partially right. You note that Iceman seemingly knowing a different scumtell to Crazy is not a scumtell, and this was Crazy's initial case against Iceman. However, you then say he was still voting Iceman up until his selfvote, for the same reason as above. This is incorrect. Crazy had moved his vote around before returning it to Iceman because Iceman clearly did not have a clue what Crazy's scumtell was even after he had revealed it. The only way he could not have any idea about this would be if he was scum. THAT was Crazy's case. The way you respond to Crazy's case, you make it seem flawed and that Iceman is not suspicious, for all the wrong reasons.

--
Cephrir wrote:
12: Still doesn't understand how faking knowledge of the tell would be a scumtell. Gives the reason for still voting Crazy as liking the conversation generated by it, but then goes on to say that he thinks Crazy has acted scummy, but not as scummy as pwnz. Still doesn't believe Crazy made up his tell, and agrees with Iceman that Crazy is likely scum.
Show me where I said Crazy was likely scum. I said I didn't think so as much as Iceman seemed to, which really doesn't imply anything about quantity except that it was less than 100%.
I'm not going to show you where you said Crazy was likely scum in this post because I never said that. I said that you had agreed with Iceman who himself stated that Crazy was likely scum and had stated that Crazy had performed scummy actions.
Cephrir wrote:And I do find his actions suspicious as well
[...]
Iceman wrote:1. He has been acting incredibly scummy, setting the tell business aside.
2. I don't believe the "he either made up the tell, or he's town" argument is sound.
I pretty much agree. Except I'm not as certain of Crazy being scum as Iceman sounds.
Not being as certain as iceman doesn't change the fact you agreed with him that Crazy was acting scummy, and that you thought the "he either made up the tell, or he's town" argument was flawed. As you had stated in other posts that you were certain Crazy was not making up his tell, which according to the statement would make Crazy town, your disagreement with this strongly suggests you thought Crazy was scum.

--
Cephrir wrote:
13: Clarifies that he would be voting for pwnz if he didn't like the conversation generated by his vote. (Dislike this. The conversation had nothing to do with pwnz, who seems to be the person you find most scummy according to these posts, so why were you on the Crazy wagon instead of attacking pwnz?)
Because pressure. I don't see how you could possibly not get that.
If you didn't actually think Crazy was very scummy as you seemed to imply in your response above, why were you pressuring him instead of pwnz, who you did found scummy? What could a townsperson gain from pressuring someone else they found to be town instead of someone they found scummy?

--
Cephrir wrote:
14: Decides that RR is right about Crazy's tell and thus that Crazy is town. Unvotes. Goes on to say that Crazy's breakdown and self vote is a null tell, but also that Charter (Who is attacking Crazy) is right. What just happened here?
His being right and Crazy being scum were not the same thing.
Wait, What?

Lets have a look at that quote again.
Cephrir wrote:
Raging Rabbit wrote:Cephrir & Iceman - You claim that Crazy believed his daytalk tell was valid, but is still scum. But scum have their own daytalk forum, and thus scum-Crazy would
know
townies aren't the only ones with daytalk and thus
know
his scumtell isn't valid. I'd like you to explain how this is possible.
Huh. Actually, you're right. Score one for logic.
Unvote
RR's entire point was that if Crazy was telling the truth about his scumtell plan, it made him town. You agreed with RR, then unvoted Crazy. You have stated before that you believed that Crazy was definitely telling the truth about his scumtell. How does this NOT show that you thought Crazy was town?

--
Cephrir wrote:
16: Quotes Adel's case on Iceman, then votes him despite saying 'he's been pretty protown otherwise' and doesn't provide any other reasons why he believes iceman to be scum. (I really don't like this, it seems like a half hearted bus attempt that he can take back if Iceman don't go down.)
Nah, not really. Adel's case was pretty damn condemning.
So why did you give yourself an out by saying you thought Iceman seemed pretty protown otherwise?

--
Cephrir wrote:
17: After several more votes have been laid down and a much more expanded case from Adel, he changes his tune and jumps down hard on Iceman. Calls for sekinj to vote for Iceman.
There was no change.
No change? Ho ho ho.

Things that had happened between post #16 and post #17.

3 additional votes.
Adel's greatly expanded case
1 more vote.

And then, instead of saying "I still think Iceman is pretty protown otherwise" you call for Icemans blood, even asking sekinj why she is not already voting for iceman.

--
Cephrir wrote:
18: Further reiterates desire to hang Iceman. Tries to make himself look less like a follower by stating Adel had no impact on his vote.
I didn't say that; I just said 144/146 were reason enough to lynch him on their own. I wouldn't have noticed if Adel didn't point them out though.
So. You say that you had enough reason to lynch iceman based on two posts and didn't need Adel's big case, and that you would have done this sooner if you had noticed them, but you missed them until Adel pointed them out.

How is this not showing a desire to hang iceman as well as trying to seem less like a follower by stating Adel's big case was not what swayed your opinion?

--
Cephrir wrote:
23: Doesn't want the Iceman lynch to stop, and says 'If we don't do it now we would just do it later' (Bad logic here) Also FoS's everyone voting for Crazy, which seems to contradict #22.
I didn't say I myself wanted to lynch Crazy, just that others seemed to want to still. Also, that's not bad logic.
Not bad logic? I propose since Darla will undoubtedly manage to get herself lynched some time in the future, we should lynch her right away. By this logic, you should have actually been supporting the Crazy lynch, because as you said, you thought most people still supported the lynch and it would be revived again regardless.

Can you explain to me how proposing we go ahead with a lynch because 'It will probably go ahead anyway' is good logic and not a good way for a scum to try and push a wagon into a proper lynch?

--
Cephrir wrote:
28: Opposes massclaim some more, and sets himself up to allow him to cast suspicion on Adel if her reasons are not identical to Cephrir's reasons. Disagrees with Crazy's OF case.
I assumed she was going for reactions, as if not then she had flip-flopped on her D1 stance.
Lets keep this clarification in mind as we look at some of the following quotes.

--
Cephrir wrote:
32: Explains his shift in opinion by stating that massclaim would let them use Adels tell, even though it had been stated by Adel and others that the tell was not that effective. Also doesn't explain the contradiction to his position in #2, Adel's tell does nothing to stop this.
See that #2? That means it was my second post. People can change their minds.
My apologies, I meant to write 'Contradicts his position in #2 AND #28', where you clearly stated "My argument against massclaim from D1 basically still applies here"

Also, this still doesn't explain why you were suddenly in favour of the massclaim in order to use Adel's tell, which even Adel said was not a solid tell

Finally, lets go back to the above point. Adel's reasons given for wanting a massclaim were given as a way to pressure lurker pairs. This is not 'going for reactions'. So why then did you not call her out on this and were willing to forgo your previous stance in order to follow Adel into a massclaim?

--
Cephrir wrote:
40: Agrees with klouds case on pwnz. (Not surprising given previous attacks on pwnz) Also tries to paint kloud as protown, but throws in some suspicion by calling it a possible bussing attempt.
Or, I actually thought it was probably a towntell at the time. And look! I was right!
So if you thought it was a town tell, why did you feel the need to throw in the disclaimer that he could be bussing? Seems like a way to throw suspicion on kloud and give yourself an out if he flips scum.

Finding out that kloud flipped an alignment doesn't exactly prove anything either. Watch, I can do it too: 'I think that sekinj might be town, but she could actually be scum.' Now, should sekinj die, I can use this quote and say I was right all along, regardless of what she might flip.

--
Cephrir wrote:
45: Cephrir does not like the deadline. States he would vote either cerebus or kloud. Seems to contradict #40 where he agreed with kloud.
Both were still scummier than OF.
That's not the point. The point is that after stating that kloud was giving you town vibes, you still thought he was a candidate for the lynch today. This is a plain contradiction.

--
Cephrir wrote:
47: Thinks Alabaska might be bussing but decides bussing is stupid. States he was buddying up with dybeck but completely ignores the fact alabaska and dybeck are lovers. Likes klouds input. States that HP's refusal to acknowledge RR's sensible case is somehow a towntell (Wait, what? How is failing to address logical points against you and deciding to ignore them a town tell?) Concludes that he would vote kloud at deadline.
I don't think scum with a case on them would just pretend it wasn't there. It just seems so... stupid.
Just as stupid as doing it as town? Saying it is a null tell is one thing, but you said his avoidance of points against him was somehow a towntell.

--
Cephrir wrote:
52: Cephrir thinks the only thing remotely scummy he has done is disagree with charter, and that this is not a tell. (This is what Adel's scum tell was all about, distancing and disagreeing with your lover, and Cephrir supported a massclaim in order to use Adel's scumtell.)
Disagreeing =/= distancing.
Not all disagreements are distancing, but some are. You can't ignore the point just because some cases of disagreeing do not distance two players.

--
Cephrir wrote:
54: Calls for people to make a relevant vote, but manages to miss Cerebus and Harvey completely.
Well it was pretty obvious who they'd be voting.
Pretty obvious? You thought they shouldn't have to actually place any vote because it was 'pretty obvious' where they would stick it? Why should they have been exempt? Even if they did take the 'obvious' route, it still would have provided information that could be used later.

--
Cephrir wrote:
57: Cephrir accuses Darox of ignoring Crazy, stating that he had a valid point. Then goes on to state that Crazy's OF case is still worthless. Goes on to say that he is no longer suspicious of Adel's vote hop because she has stated that it was a vote hop.
Yet another post summary that doesn't actually make me scum at all.
After Adel voted for you, you proceeded to make several posts against her basically attacking her failure to provide a case. Once she 'explained' that it was to gain info for later in the game, you were suddenly fine with her lack of a case and retracted your suspicions about her. Then more recently when she put you as one of her people she thought was a lynch candidate again, you started up again.

--
Cephrir wrote:I really think you could do exactly what you just did on any player with a reasonable amount of posts. And quite frankly, I think that if Adel had named someone other than me at the end of yesterday, that's who you'd have just posted a really lame case on.
I actually wondered what Adel was doing right up until you responded to her vote.
Cephrir wrote:
Adel wrote:
unvote, vote:Cephrir
for being mafia.
This is extremely helpful, and pursuing a wagon other than cerebus or kloud is extremely protown right now.

Also, it is not in any way hypocritical coming from someone who's been insisting that everyone place a relevant vote.
Trying to minimize Adel's vote and attack her credibility, as well as trying to keep the towns focus on the two wagons and away from anywhere else, especially yourself.

Conclusion: Cephrir is still scummy.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:00 am

Post by armlx »

I'm posting this in all my games. My computer power cord just broke again, same issue as last time. I'm going to be on LA for a week or two while I wait for a new one to arrive.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:13 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

destructor wrote:cerebus3 has been prodded.
He must have thought himself as good as dead. Poor lover :(
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Are you ever going to post anything mroe than un-related comments and appeals to emotion?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Mod, please Prod Pwnz.

BM

pwnz has asked for replacement. - Mod.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Adel »

Battle Mage wrote:
Mod, please Prod Pwnz.

BM
Fail.

Are you even reading this game?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Crazy »

BM, did you really think I would make up a fake scum-tell that I knew would fail just to look more pro-town? What it did was put me at L-2 before some people like Raging Rabbit and Cerebus actually came to their senses.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:04 am

Post by Crazy »

Note: Still thinking about Darox's daytalk.
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Are you ever going to post anything mroe than un-related comments and appeals to emotion?
Knight, here is a select from your rational and so logical posts:

I really don't like Adel
your annoying, worthless and frankly scummy one-liners
unease
I'm not saying he's scummy in any way, other than the fact he's been unhelpful.
doesn't exactly engender confidence
it's more a mixture of gut... and a bone-deep mistrust
It just makes me a little wary
I don't like Adel and pwnz much
slightly lurking
I'm not happy

You are much more liable to emotion and flabby nebulous reasoing than myself. To try and dismiss everything I write as an appeal to emotion is incorrect and
intentionally misleading:

vote: Crazy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

Harvey Pew wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Are you ever going to post anything mroe than un-related comments and appeals to emotion?
Knight, here is a select from your rational and so logical posts:

I really don't like Adel
your annoying, worthless and frankly scummy one-liners
unease
I'm not saying he's scummy in any way, other than the fact he's been unhelpful.
doesn't exactly engender confidence
it's more a mixture of gut... and a bone-deep mistrust
It just makes me a little wary
I don't like Adel and pwnz much
slightly lurking
I'm not happy

You are much more liable to emotion and flabby nebulous reasoing than myself. To try and dismiss everything I write as an appeal to emotion is incorrect and
intentionally misleading:

vote: Crazy
This, sir, is not how you make a case. Quoting random, contextless excerpts from someone's posts and then applying a general label to their behavior = no.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

Last post should have contained an
FoS: Harvey
. Also, I find it ironic that you call KoC intentionally misleading while giving contextless evidence.

Response to Darox forthcoming (Uuuuugh).
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:43 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

I'm making a hell of a lot mroe sense than you are riht now, Harvey.
There's a difference between what you've posted as "quotes" from me, and what you're doing. Those "emotional" excerpts are surrounded by far more logical thinking than you've managed all game. Desperate, much?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Adel wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Mod, please Prod Pwnz.

BM
Fail.

Are you even reading this game?
I am. Are you? Your buddy requested replacement after being asked a rather important question. What part of this are you having trouble with? :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:52 am

Post by Darox »

The mod stated in the vote count that Pwnz was being replaced.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Darox wrote:The mod stated in the vote count that Pwnz was being replaced.
And? I dont see a rule that says he cant post in the meantime. Adel- sort it please. Or maybe you can answer the question for him from your discussion?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Crazy »

Darox, that daytalk is really good. Compliments to your team if you're scum.

The only thing that bothers me is how long it took you to post it, and I have to wonder if you were just stalling until you could come up with some good stuff in there, since you did make other substantive posts in that time.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by sekinj »

harvey's recent comments (post 1213) make me glad of where my vote is. Picking random posts without even using reference numbers just isn't good play...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by sekinj »

Battle Mage wrote:
Darox wrote:The mod stated in the vote count that Pwnz was being replaced.
And? I dont see a rule that says he cant post in the meantime. Adel- sort it please. Or maybe you can answer the question for him from your discussion?

BM
@BM: I have to agree that your line of questioning shows you are not reading. If the mod is replacing pwnz, that means pwnz didn't pick up his first prod. What good would a second prod do?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by armlx »

harvey's recent comments (post 1213) make me glad of where my vote is. Picking random posts without even using reference numbers just isn't good play...
This, and voting confirmed town isn't good either.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Darox »

Crazy wrote:The only thing that bothers me is how long it took you to post it, and I have to wonder if you were just stalling until you could come up with some good stuff in there, since you did make other substantive posts in that time.
I posted it as soon as I saw someone that was not named Crazy or lovers with Crazy asking for it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”