New York 195: Adventure Mafia - Game over!

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

In post 1199, Ircher wrote::( Not even funny at all.
AtE!!!!!! AtE!!!
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:44 am

How about that one? Also page top^^
#freeShotty
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Titus »

@Ircher
It's more that you approach the game slightly differently. I don't think it's a problem. I don't get your numbers thing either. Don't suppose that if you don't reach the same conclusion that I do that your process is wrong or flawed. We all have processes that get there different ways. To me, I'm looking to invade a player's headspace and determine
why
they feel that way and display that thinking to the group, so people understand my reads. Some players are legitimately gut players. Some players look to eliminate cognitive biases entirely from their play. It's important more to look into yourself and find your flaws, minimize those and increase your assets.

I know I'm prone to having some amount of buddying. I try to counter that by asking for a lot of criticism, especially if townreading me.

Just take a gander for a second, why did Shotty spam?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:49 am

Titus why are you coaching ircher?
#freeShotty
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

Post by SirCakez »

Nosferatu has been prodded.

As this would have been I Am Innocent's third prod, he is being replaced.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Titus »

I'm not. There's a difference between explaining your philosophy and coaching. I haven't told Ircher a proper response to my questions. (To be fair, it's not a hard question to get wrong.)
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TehBrawlGuy
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
TehBrawlGuy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:35 am

Post by TehBrawlGuy »

In post 1188, Titus wrote:@Ircher - Let's walk this through Ircher. That post is scum posting. Scum love to hedge and hawww. Second, everyone is biased. We all have cognitive biases. The key to scumhunting from my point of view is finding out if these biases make sense and tracking a train of thought because I don't do as well with emotionally reading players.

Paragraph 1 - "Ircher or Shotty is scum. There's something "weird" between them." He's doubtcasting your slot here while leaving open a bus on Shotty. That's why these dual reads "there's something off here" without doing anything to resolve them are 100% pro scum.
Paragraph 2 - "I don't want to push Titus, but I'd gladly jump on her if she gained momentum." It's consistent. He's practically yelling at us that he'll never make a decision or push anything. He'll just have his "gut" reads and do nothing considering gut can't really be proven false unless just ridiculous to have pairings together.
Paragraph 3 - He's playing semantics here at best, but he's painting attempts at town cohesion scummy but lurking as a protown manuever.
Paragraph 4 - More doubtcasting Ircher and dismissing common sense townpoints as wifom.

No shit I'm going to "doubtcast" my goddamn scumread. And no, Ircher's votewalls being not-town is not "common sense townpoints" - a lot of people don't like them.
I very explicitly stated that I was
not
looking for Tituswagon to gain momentum. You're putting the exact opposite words of what I said into my mouth.

The logic stretches and confbias here are unreal.

also, lol @ the ircher flip after he said I was town. i dont even have words for that
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Egg »

Page 33:
Thebrawl, yeah I see exactly what you see. Seth's vote on you is garbage.

Aneninen, did you read my points against Ircher?

This is crazy. I fell asleep three times on this page. For an hour each of the first two times. What is wrong with me?

Page 34:
Titus, surely you realize Killthestory's so called reads are just copying you. The only exception was when you asked him about ETL and he said town. Even then, you corrected him and he agreed to 180 for you.

Hmm. I usually townread Anen, and confidently. I think I've been wrong exactly once. I can see him as scum here though for reasons Magna has already made clear.

I see Lowell caught up without answering me. I wanted his reads explained and they are outdated now, but I still don't like that I didn't get an answer. Also, Lowell, do you honestly believe cythefly knew he'd be speedwagoned? And you said cythefly is town for saying things that would get him wagoned, but agreed with ETL that Cy is null. So which is it?

Page 35:
Lowell, why do you think Seth's hole digging was intentional?
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Killthestory »

not really, i didnt read the game so i didnt know Titus's reads. I just ISO'd the people she asked
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Titus »

@Egg, I'm not bothered by KTS. :-p Actually, he said town and I came around to that thinking eventually after events in thread.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

heuristically_alone
heuristically_alone
Goon
heuristically_alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:51 am

Post by heuristically_alone »

Here is some of my reads list. My laptop broke down, so I had to run to the library to do this before it closed.

Titus- I’ve played with Titus in his scum game, and she is really hard to read as scum. Titus is really good at making any player she wants appear scummy if she wants. While I’ve seen scum and town reads, I don’t see any attempts to make elaborate pushes bringing up evidence for it, so I want to say town lean.

drmyshottyizsik- the entire game has either quoting someone throwing in a one liner, or made some comment on killing Ircher (for the most part). He really hasn’t included any personally created content, just pushing on the Ircher lynch and commenting on everyone’s posts (possibly trying to get on their good side). This isn’t necessarily a scum tell, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Shotty flipped scum. Also not a big fan in trying to read too much into RVS votes

Ircher- The best I can read Ircher is based on the point system he has been using. Personally, I think keeping track of the point system in another document and to himself, as it does appear like a scum trying to appear really towny. Based on what I know of Ircher, though, this probably makes him town. In post 400, I commented on it already saying it was more of a null read, but thinking more about it, I’m actually leaning town.

Copper-
In post 645, copper223 wrote:@Zakk
Heur is mislynch material so if you are town check out more of his stuff to make sure of your read, alternatively you should join us on Seth, Seth is scum.
Copper is town. I don’t believe Scum would want to close up possibilities for a lynch.

Nahdia- Seems to be doing more one liners in this game than her usual meta (not that I’ve seen enough meta to really know) Lean scum for the fact that Nahdia seems to be reading as scum that I am reading town.

Magna- I’ve been getting good vibes all over. Especially from this post:
In post 836, MagnaofIllusion wrote:People shouldn’t have to proactively ask about reads you do have when you have the time to make that Malkavian roleplay post. Which is why I find that whole sequence scummy
In general I think players asking others for their reads are general scummy. (An exception would be when asking a less active player)
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 11:53 am

Post by Killthestory »

THOUGHT EXPERIMENT:

WHAT IF SCUM BANDED TOGETHER AND TRIED TO LYNCH TOWN RIGHT NOW
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Titus »

HA *hugs* I agree with all of that but for Copper and Nahdia. There would need to be a few more townreads for me to agree with your assessment on Copper. One resembles more of a whiteknight. Nahdia is deliberately changing her playstyle here from what I've seen but I don't think it's scum motivated. I can see you disagreeing though, I just feel Nahdia is town.

You might want to VLA for a little while until that laptop is fixed.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Nahdia »

titus have you ever played with me when i was scum?
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Nahdia »

i already know the answer. u haven't.

so if u see me playing significantly different than ur experiences with me, and all those times i've been town, why would u assume that i'm just "deliberately changing my playstyle" rather than... u know... just a different alignment
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1214, Nahdia wrote:i already know the answer. u haven't.

so if u see me playing significantly different than ur experiences with me, and all those times i've been town, why would u assume that i'm just "deliberately changing my playstyle" rather than... u know... just a different alignment
Playstyle is NAI. Why you choose that playstyle and what you're trying to achieve with it is in the AI part. Observing a pattern isn't enough. Why does that pattern exist?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Nahdia »

legit.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Titus »

For instance, if you were scum, you would have made a big production over being hyper agreeable if the goal was to paint me as someone who couldn't be worked with (like the brief comment you made). Instead, you decided to go hard core I'm not going to talk about anything.

So if you're scum, you're going for an
extreme
white knight that's getting you zero credit and patently obvious the more you refuse to talk about reads.
Or you're town and think that this somehow gets you somewhere towards lynching Anen (which is wrong).
Or you're scum desperate to place a vote elsewhere.

The fact is, I don't know. I'm strongly leaning town based on the entirety of the circumstances. Are you obvtown? Nope.

I'm available for engaging, but for when I'm modding in a little bit.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Nahdia »

or i'm either alignment and don't make conscious game plans and just felt like being difficult this time around ^_~

-Zaphkael, 2020
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Titus »

I didn't say you had a conscious gameplan. I think that's a misnomer. In general, people don't choose tactics that don't accomplish anything for them, even subconsciously. You figure out what biases people have, even in their unconscious behavior, a person becomes easier to read. I'm looking for how people perceive things and I
think
I got to know that through Saga.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Titus »

Hurr Durr Space Dandy.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 12:28 pm

Post by Nahdia »

ok you're right. i do know what im doing. im a mastermind.

but dont worry. im also town. and u'll all have to realize it before long.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

I should probably post more here rip
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by zakk »

i need to reset my reads and start over from ground zero. very little makes sense right now.
permanently retired

see here for more info
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri May 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Ircher »

In post 1202, Titus wrote:@Ircher
It's more that you approach the game slightly differently. I don't think it's a problem. I don't get your numbers thing either. Don't suppose that if you don't reach the same conclusion that I do that your process is wrong or flawed. We all have processes that get there different ways. To me, I'm looking to invade a player's headspace and determine
why
they feel that way and display that thinking to the group, so people understand my reads. Some players are legitimately gut players. Some players look to eliminate cognitive biases entirely from their play. It's important more to look into yourself and find your flaws, minimize those and increase your assets.

I know I'm prone to having some amount of buddying. I try to counter that by asking for a lot of criticism, especially if townreading me.

Just take a gander for a second, why did Shotty spam?
Well, he is quite insistent on his tunnel. And, his recent posts lead me to believe his earlier vote change was simply a ploy, as I find it rather strange for one to do 2 180's so quick.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”