SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:03 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Actually good point. Town can use town only raffles to use what they won and confirm them as town.

Something to think about ika for future games.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:07 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1199, Antihero wrote:ftr, i absolutely would have lynched eyestott as town. day 1. the truth is that we were glad eyestott made it through day 1 so that it forced a PL on day 2. eyestott being alive helped us a lot more than it helped town.

Yeah, the PL was good but I still figured he was more harmful to us than town.

I can see the town aspect though of wanting him lynched as well due to the fact that keeping him alive hurts town in mylo/lylo.

There was some pretty strong resistance from town for his lynch.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Antihero »

In post 1201, SilverWolf wrote:Yeah, the PL was good but I still figured he was more harmful to us than town.

/shrug. how? what was he going to do? he didn't have a PR per se other than rigging the raffles

his arguments and reads were p. easily knocked down by the fact that he, by his own admission, didn't have a town win con. whether he did it consciously or subconsciously, he p much OMGUS'd in his reads and it was apparent and it killed his credibility. i mean... it's understandable too given he's aligned w/ himself and it's in his interest to push back against ppl lynching him.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:19 am

Post by MathBlade »

Maybe instead of "town only" call them "town winner"

Meaning scum can still win a raffle if they put money into it but at least one townie is guaranteed to win it. So if a scum happens to put tickets in and gets the first entry, then the remaining townies are rerolled. That way a town is guaranteed to win if at least one townie votes it. So it doesn't conf!town and removes scums ability to block but putting a raffle on it or winning it isn't insta confirmed town.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:24 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1202, Antihero wrote:
In post 1201, SilverWolf wrote:Yeah, the PL was good but I still figured he was more harmful to us than town.

/shrug. how? what was he going to do? he didn't have a PR per se other than rigging the raffles

his arguments and reads were p. easily knocked down by the fact that he, by his own admission, didn't have a town win con. whether he did it consciously or subconsciously, he p much OMGUS'd in his reads and it was apparent and it killed his credibility. i mean... it's understandable too given he's aligned w/ himself and it's in his interest to push back against ppl lynching him.

I figured him siding with town would do more harm than good but yeah, he couldn't even vote without raising suspicions so there is that too.

I get your point.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1203, MathBlade wrote:Maybe instead of "town only" call them "town winner"

Meaning scum can still win a raffle if they put money into it but at least one townie is guaranteed to win it. So if a scum happens to put tickets in and gets the first entry, then the remaining townies are rerolled. That way a town is guaranteed to win if at least one townie votes it. So it doesn't conf!town and removes scums ability to block but putting a raffle on it or winning it isn't insta confirmed town.

I can see the merit to this idea. That could work.
helium-3
helium-3
Mafia Scum
helium-3
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:34 am

Post by helium-3 »

In post 1204, SilverWolf wrote:

I figured him siding with town would do more harm than good but yeah, he couldn't even vote without raising suspicions so there is that too.

I get your point.

i mean, even if he "sided with town" he would p much be just an extra vt/mild town pr. but...then again, it wasn't really in his interest to "side with the town"
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1206, helium-3 wrote:
In post 1204, SilverWolf wrote:

I get your point.

i mean, even if he "sided with town" he would p much be just an extra vt/mild town pr. but...then again, it wasn't really in his interest to "side with the town"

Exactly, he has his own wincon to think about. So yeah, he shouldn't of claimed probably. And I can see why town should of wanted him lynched more than some of them did. His role was a huge distraction regardless which was really helpful to us anyway since he became a D2 PL.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:14 am

Post by House »

In post 1201, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 1199, Antihero wrote:ftr, i absolutely would have lynched eyestott as town. day 1. the truth is that we were glad eyestott made it through day 1 so that it forced a PL on day 2. eyestott being alive helped us a lot more than it helped town.

I can see the town aspect though of wanting him lynched as well due to the fact that keeping him alive hurts town in mylo/lylo.

That's because killing him is anti-town. It gave scum a free day & NK.

Town has to maintain a majority. By PL'ing a known benign 3P, it gave scum a town death without risking a scum lynch.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:47 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1208, House wrote:

Town has to maintain a majority. By PL'ing a known benign 3P, it gave scum a town death without risking a scum lynch.

Yes, well, eyestott wasn't town though and did not count towards town majority. I wanted him gone for my own reasons but I can see why town should of wanted him gone too.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:48 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1209, SilverWolf wrote:

Yes, well, eyestott wasn't town though and did not count towards town majority. I wanted him gone for my own reasons but I can see why town should of wanted him gone too.

Oh duh, I get what you mean. Yeah, that makes sense too but really you shouldn't of wanted him around too long in any case.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:50 am

Post by House »

No shit, but he also didn't count as a member of scum. That's my entire point.

By killing him, it allowed scum to reduce town's majority without town having a shot at reducing scum's numbers.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:53 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1211, House wrote:

No shit, but he also didn't count as a member of scum. That's my entire point.

By killing him, it allowed scum to reduce town's majority without town having a shot at reducing scum's numbers.

Yeah, and that's why I joined the wagon and pushed for his lynch.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:55 am

Post by SilverWolf »

Honestly, all this 3P shit confuses the heck out of me. :lol:
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:48 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 1208, House wrote:Town has to maintain a majority. By PL'ing a known benign 3P, it gave scum a town death without risking a scum lynch.

except he wasn't known

scum have claimed 3p to avoid being lynched before
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

LOL My homesite policy lynches 3P and doesn't believe in benign 3Ps...Something about a benign 3P inventing alternate universe with a cop claim :P I don't know who that was :P
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:36 pm

Post by ika »

well i already like the feedback, i do have a diffrent idea cus what was brought up about them using it to town!firm themselves is something that could be used

if anyone has intrest in playing it pm me for a pre-in it wont be for prob a month though.

if anyone has the requirements to review (anti/SC i know do) if you guys would/could help me with review i would like that
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:56 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1186, SilverWolf wrote:Oh and Klingon-I wasn't BSing when I said I post different here than offsite. I do, you can check. Also, I will give detailed reads like that as either alignment. I also am working on changing my meta so I'm not too easy to read so don't expect me to act the same in every game as scum or town. :wink:

I was wondering why the gun was able to be used. I didn't realize if someone died, the raffle item is invalid. So that shot changed things and yep, no one was expecting the immune to show but that actually makes sense that it would.

math's trolling was hysterically funny. She was great fun to have as a buddy. Thanks math!!

Thanks again ika!!

Have a good one everyone!! Happy Friday!!

Nope. You've altered a bit but I can still tell.

The same goes for Math.

My fail came from being in too many games - 1 started a lot earlier than I expected, and I was in a game (still ongoing) on Ika's site where I was new to the site and the game mechanics are seizure-inducing. At least there I didn't get lynched until Day 7 :mrgreen: I was spread too thin to concentrate enough on this one.

But anyway good game.

/pre-in for Ika's large this game.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Wait - there was a Dead Thread this time???? :o :(
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by eyestott »

/pre in for ika large (or co mod plz)
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:42 pm

Post by eyestott »

by co mod, i mean like, a reviewer, or a backup mod. not true co mod.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by ika »

to be a backup mod you need to have the credentials to run one....
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 1217, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 1186, SilverWolf wrote:Oh and Klingon-I wasn't BSing when I said I post different here than offsite. I do, you can check. Also, I will give detailed reads like that as either alignment. I also am working on changing my meta so I'm not too easy to read so don't expect me to act the same in every game as scum or town. :wink:

I was wondering why the gun was able to be used. I didn't realize if someone died, the raffle item is invalid. So that shot changed things and yep, no one was expecting the immune to show but that actually makes sense that it would.

math's trolling was hysterically funny. She was great fun to have as a buddy. Thanks math!!

Thanks again ika!!

The same goes for Math.

My fail came from being in too many games - 1 started a lot earlier than I expected, and I was in a game (still ongoing) on Ika's site where I was new to the site and the game mechanics are seizure-inducing. At least there I didn't get lynched until Day 7 :mrgreen: I was spread too thin to concentrate enough on this one.

But anyway good game.

If that was true you wouldn't of made the below post, taken myself and math off your scum list and shot Peacebringer. It doesn't matter how thin you were spread, you wouldn't of done any of those things if you truly believed myself or math were scum. You just don't want to admit it which is a problem both you and House seem to have, not being willing to say good game or give me an ounce of credit if I win. That's really too bad because I would if the situation was reversed.

In post 894, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 888, SilverWolf wrote:
Spoiler:
2birds1stone (Lynch) Klingoncelt, Grib, StrangerCoug, SilverWolf, stott, Dechs Kaison, PeaceBringer

House (1) petrified Forest

MathBlade (2) house, Lynch Overflow
PeaceBringer (1) House

not voting (1) MathBlade

Petrified Forest-Pine's vote for House was an RVS vote. There is literally nothing from this spot D1. I do like this because it's logical and well thought out but this isn't enough to get a read off of yet-Null.

House-His aggressive play and constant scumhunting and attempting to game solve is very townie, Town.

Lynch Overflow-is a lurker slot for D2 but D1 was trying to sort eyestott and was trying to scumhunt so leaning town here but need to see more.

Heartless-null, leaning scum. I want to see more from them then just the dramatic play regarding lynching eyestott and the bitch-fight with House, this just causes a huge distraction and only benefits scum. I want reads on other players besides eyestott. They did say Grib and Peacebringer were scum on the 2birds wagon but they are not following up on this, instead focusing on eyestott and arguing with House.

Mathblade-Mostly null D1 because most of her posts were an eyestott tunnel but I like her posts D2 as she's giving reads and trying to figure out multiball vs not and while wants to lynch eyestott has started talking about other game related issues. So I am leaning town here.

Klingoncelt-scum because she zeroed in on me almost immediately based on a meta argument from offsite play even though I told her I don't post like that here. I believe this is a reachy reason to vote someone because she doesn't discuss intent or motivation but rather wordiness and frequency of posts which is not alignment indicative.

Grib/Brian Skies-scum, huge lurker and Grib's play was nothing but discussion of eyestott and a mostly unexplained vote for 2 birds here which did not explain it really and when asked he had no good explanation , .

StrangerCoug-Town, I like his ISO. Shows strong scumhunting.

Peacebringer-Null, need to see more. I think it's just his playstyle but he's hard to read. There seems to be some contradiction here and then hammers here but that's the only thing I find odd.

Eyestott-A huge distraction that is pretty much what a good 90% or more of this game has been about. This is extremely harmful to town because scum can hide while town bickers about eyestott and literally nothing else is discussed. He needs to go for this reason and the reasons I gave in my vote for him. I was willing to give it a day. It's only gotten worse.

This is a tl/dr analysis of all my reads so far. Spoilered for being tl/dr. LOL

I believe the sketchiest vote on the 2 birds wagon came from Grib/Brian Skies.

Now this is the Town Wolf posting style! :]
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1217, Klingoncelt wrote:

Thanks again ika!!

The same goes for Math.

But anyway good game.

Yep I have no doubt of that. This was my first non newbie scum game :D Thanks ika :D :D :D :D :D :D

I am pretty sure I have differences I just don't know what those are yet. :) And I can understand that KlingonCelt :)
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:59 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 1222, SilverWolf wrote:

If that was true you wouldn't of made the below post, taken myself and math off your scum list and shot Peacebringer. It doesn't matter how thin you were spread, you wouldn't of done any of those things if you truly believed myself or math were scum. You just don't want to admit it which is a problem both you and House seem to have, not being willing to say good game or give me an ounce of credit if I win. That's really too bad because I would if the situation was reversed.

On the contrary, I was barely able to follow any of the games. When the offsite one finishes, I'll give you links. It's pretty intense. I also had a nasty R/L issue come up that had me in a depressed state. In other words I wasn't anywhere near as focused as I normally should have been.

Note that I kept reading you and Math as Null. I couldn't place you two as solid Town. I couldn't quite nail you two as Scum either, but there was something nagging me...

You did notice that an unusually high number of players thought I was Scum, it's because I wasn't a focused player. I had a few lucid spots, but then I'd get unfocused again.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”