Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:45 am

Post by Glork »

bird1111 wrote:Town totally should have realized once MBL/me came up Gorilla, I mean, what scum would stupidly put his partner one from lynch TWICE due to a crash for stupid reasons? What I did would have been one horrible bussing attempt had it been that way.
Note to self: Go crazy and D1 bus one of my partners relentlessly so that people think "there's no way scum would bus like that."
Oh wait... I've done that in the past.

MBL and you both being scum would come as no surprise. Scumbags have done far, far crazier things when busing their scumbuddies.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:46 am

Post by Glork »

Oh, and two big thanks to give out. Stoof, for modding the game, obviously; and VitaminR for replacing into the game in D7... given the situation he was replacing into, I think he did as well as he could have.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:02 am

Post by Thok »

Some random comments:

1. I was sure that dahen was the doc, based on his first comment day 4. I was delibarately not investigating him. Oh well. (I investigated Nightson the night I died).

2. A large proportion of the Gorillas were well, worthless. (I'm not faultless; I should have just released my cop results early on to free myself up to communicate more; had I been more talkative day 4 we probably would have lynched Twito over Masterchief. Also, I was tempted at points to say something to the effect of "If anybody claims roleblocker, lynch them immediately; the timing of nightchoices made an RB claim impossible from my point of view.)

3. I had some advantage in this game in seeing investigation results, and some advantage in having been signed up for Rebellion (which had a similar set up). I'm surprised nobody would have mentioned that on the last day. Similarly I figured that somebody would have mentioned that I was high on MC's "People are cool list" in his sig; that means that even if MC would doc randomly, I was likely to be the person he docced randomly. (Yes, MC was not a doc, but that would have shown that Glork was making stuff up like crazy.)

4. I'd like to see if there were any random flavor clues to help out; I noticed the year 6002 (backwards year=> backwards game) and I think I sent some PM's to Stoofer about his avatar at some point (The Space Monkey's covered the Gorillaz).
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:10 am

Post by bird1111 »

Glork wrote:
bird1111 wrote:Town totally should have realized once MBL/me came up Gorilla, I mean, what scum would stupidly put his partner one from lynch TWICE due to a crash for stupid reasons? What I did would have been one horrible bussing attempt had it been that way.
Note to self: Go crazy and D1 bus one of my partners relentlessly so that people think "there's no way scum would bus like that."
Oh wait... I've done that in the past.

MBL and you both being scum would come as no surprise. Scumbags have done far, far crazier things when busing their scumbuddies.
Stupider? All those votes did was get heavy suspicion on me; and even if you occasionaly are willing to get heavy attention as scum, are you willing to get heavy suspicion? (note that those two aren't neccessairy the same thing).
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 am

Post by Glork »

Absolutely. Having suspicion on you at the start of D1 -- even if it's pretty significant -- will not necessarily get you lynched. Players will wagon a few players, express a bunch of suspicion, and move on to see what else they can dig up against other players. It just so happened that the vast majority of this town thought they were scum, and they were quite happy to go after somebody recklessly for weak reasoning.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Thok wrote:4. I'd like to see if there were any random flavor clues to help out; I noticed the year 6002 (backwards year=> backwards game) and I think I sent some PM's to Stoofer about his avatar at some point (The Space Monkey's covered the Gorillaz).
There weren't any deliberate clues like that. I thought that any clues I planted would either be blindingly obvious or far too obscure -- I didn't know how to make them just obscure enough.

As for the dates - you are right that 6002 was chosen as being 2006 backwards. I had worked out a complicated system for calculating the "STARDATE" of each post, but in the end I couldn't be bothered to use. They were just random.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:19 am

Post by klebian »

Wow. Great game, I'd say.
I do agree that the MC kill was completely unnecessary, but I'm sorry to say I was a main reason that we didn't discuss more why we shouldn't have lynched him.
I really thought we had the game won. I didn't see PJ putting me at -1 to test glork. Meh. Definitely enjoyable.
klebian
klebian
Mafia Scum
klebian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:31 am

Post by klebian »

edbwop: I'm sorry to see that the main reason the other gorillas suspected me was because there was no viable reason for a lack of n4 kill, and the reason turned out to be:
On night 4 the makeshift vaporizer malfunctioned and they had to spend the night repairing it.
Such as this occurence:
klebian wrote:
Glork wrote:
PJ wrote:
Day Four:
I was right! Klebian is scum, because I blocked him last night after calling him scum and there were no nightkills!

Oh WAIT. That
never happened
. Imagine! Instead, what we have is this:

Day Four:
Despite the fact that I suspect Klebian, and I blocked him last night, and there were no kills, let's lynch Masterchief! After all, he is arguably the absolute easiest person to lynch in the entire game, and the most likely person to not be paying attention whatsoever!
I have also addressed this. I was very hesitant to rely on my block, and I had simply changed my mind about my late-D3 suspicion of Klebian.
But the thing is, what you are being attacked for is going entirely against how you play. Normally, you would take this slight bit of information and if not attack me, at least consider the possibility that I was scum. You say that you blocked me, there was no kill, and you changed your mind. This
completely
defeats part of the purpose of roleblocking in the early game; you block someone and when there is no kill, you consider that they may be scum. I understand, you bring this up now because we are past all claims, and there is no other feasible explanation for no n4 kill. However, you should know that mods are always coming up with new ideas. The idea for this game itself is pretty un-ordinary. Don't you think it's possible that there's something that resulted in a n4 no-kill? And what do you think will be the result of speculating on masterchief's role? We'll all 'agree' on the most feasible role for him and lynch players as a result of that? There are tons of roles, and plenty of room for new ideas here as well. You say an ensign has no medical expertise. Well then, does a captain have roleblocking expertise? And does a lieutenant have investigative expertise? I don't see the consistency here. Thus, even if we were all to give our ideas for mc's role, and someone tally up the votes and we all decide that mc was that such role, I think we'd really be dumb if we based our play on that. So, in effect, I agree with pj that although there's nothing
wrong
with speculation, there's not too much that a consensus will give us.
Fritz's response:
Fritzler wrote:I really agree with this analysis, but without another valid reason for the lack of a ngiht kill i tend to believe glork. I don't buy the recruiting traitor idea. It would be a bad move of stoof. With us vanilla townies that think we're traitors, stoof wouldn't do that
Hey, glork, fritz actually claimed vanilla in this post, and probably earlier if he was speaking in that manner.
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Zindaras »

Glork wrote:Killing MBL was probably a mistake and in retrospect, I don't remember why we decided to do so. I think the reasoning at the time was that it would create a lot of confusion if MBL and Bird both came up scum. If I remember correctly, I wanted to create the illusion of a killi having been blocked and a vig having killed MBLscum. It seemed to work out well enough... most players did something of a doubletake: "What? Both MBL
and
Bird were scum?
Yes, that was a mistake. It made me one hundred percent sure you were scum.

My first reaction to the knowledge that Space Monkeys were the informed minority was "So Glork and Twito are scum." It took me a couple of extra guesses to get Nightson, though. (which is also what I wanted to know in the PM, as I still thought the Gorillas were scum at that point. That's also how I arrived at my theory: the birdwagon Day One and the whole MBL-Glork interaction didn't make sense if the Gorillas knew each other)

All in all, I really enjoyed this game. It was a great set-up, and I loved playing in it. It's a real shame I died so early on, as I was really enjoying myself.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:41 am

Post by Glork »

Klebian wrote:Hey, glork, fritz actually claimed vanilla in this post, and probably earlier if he was speaking in that manner.
Yeah, apparently I missed that. Oh well.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:47 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I'm glad so many of you enjoyed this game. It took about 18 months from conception to execution, and you should be gad that I've not bored you with all the various versions I considered and rejected. Getting the balance right between misleading the town; making it possible for the town to work out the set-up eventually; and balancing the game was hard hard hard.

I'm still waiting nervously for petroleumjelly's comments.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:51 am

Post by VitaminR »

The flavour thing was pretty difficult. We got pretty lucky there. "Missed first round" was a complete coincidence. I had actually guessed it was something to do with searching (the first letters of the clauses spell out "search").

Glad to win this one, I think I mostly rode Glork's awesome performance.

PJ, your play was great, I feel pretty guilty taking this one from you. I'm still not sure why you voted klebian in the end.

I was sure I was going to get lynched, I was kicking myself for not nonchalantly voting klebian on entering the game and dragging out the discussion.
VitaminR
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
VitaminR
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:53 am

Post by VitaminR »

Oh, and Stoof, I was only briefly a part of this game, but I really enjoyed it.

Great set-up. Thank you.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:59 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Scum probably killed me cause my five suspicions day one were Glork, bird, CES, Nightson, inHim. And they were fairly strong suspicions--Nightson looked REALLY bad.

I left two or three huge clues to my role--saying my job was to search out and find scum. I don't think anyone noticed.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:31 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Stoofer wrote:I'm still waiting nervously for petroleumjelly's comments.
Don't bother. This game depresses me too much.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:26 pm

Post by Thok »

I thought this was a well set up game, enough so that I've made a Scummy nomination for it, of sorts.

I was actually surprised to get the sort of answer I did get in response to my first PM to you (the informed minority=scum, uninformed majority=town one). Your answer actually did help me, just by confirming that there was an uninformed majority and an informed minority.

Day 3/4 were weird. There were about 5 different ways I could have run it (I seriously considered flat out claiming and spoiling the set up that way, followed by a CES wagon.) I decided to do it the way that I did for safety reasons (there was a small chance I was wrong) and also to give others a chance to try to confirm themselves by reacting to the CES wagon/figuring out what happened.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:39 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

petroleumjelly wrote:
Stoofer wrote:I'm still waiting nervously for petroleumjelly's comments.
Don't bother. This game depresses me too much.
:cry:
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:04 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

Well, it's 3:00 am, but I can't go to sleep because I keep telling myself what a <
Preemptory Deletion of Cursing
> idiot I am.

So I figured explaining
exactly
how stupid I feel is appropriate. I'll go down what I think to be a fairly easy-to-follow thought process.

Klebian

1.) I reread Klebian's posts multiple times. Every time I did so, I was convinced he was a Gorilla by his actions, words, thought process, etc.
2.) Thok had investigated Klebian to be a Gorilla.
3.) I sincerely doubted Stoofer would give a Space Monkey investigative immunity in this game.
4.) Therefore, I would conclude that Klebian was a Gorilla.

Fritzler

5.) This, in turn, continually led me to the conclusion that Fritzler must also be a Gorilla (for his lack of hammer with ample time).
6.) Necessarily, this meant the scumgroup was in {Glork, Dahen, VitaminR}.

Glork

7.) Glork's claim was the most convenient thing under the sun. "Captain" was obvious, "Role-Blocker" was obvious, and "targeting Klebian" on N4 was obvious.
8.) Glork's behavior during the game in relation to Klebian was entirely inconsistent with his "information".
9.) Glork's asking people "are you space monkey or gorilla" raised my haunches as soon as I saw it, and on every subsequent reread. I still think it was a trap question.
10.) Glork "understanding the mechanic" so quickly was highly unusual. He says "lots of people got it", but that's patently false. Nightson (who claimed to get it) was scum, Glork (who claimed to get it) was scum, and Thok (who claimed to get it) had 3-4 investigations, which would make it entirely obvious for him. Anybody like me, who continually reads their role PM over and over, and keeps seeing the fact "you are SCUM" is going to have a hard time accepting that they are
town
11.) Glork's attack on Masterchief soured my taste every time I went through it. Very reminiscent of Committee - go after the weak players because they are bound to screw up.
12.) Glork's stances towards Nightson the entire game were entirely too lenient - he continually said he expected scum to "lurk and not contribute", but somehow Nightson kept ending up in Glork's blind spot.
13.) Glork had numerous interactions with Nightson on Day One (which both Ibaesha and myself noticed immediately).

Nightson/VitaminR

14.) Nightson was completely useless the entire game. The only notable thing about him whatsoever were his ties to Glork.
15.) VitaminR replaced into the game being as wishy-washy towards Glork as humanly possible. I noted this immediately, in that if he were scum, that would be exactly what type of play I would expect.
16.) VitaminR's catch-phrase of the game was "you haven't presented a logical argument against me", which is something I can sympathize with, but that doesn't in any way make him
less
likely to be scum or somehow
make
him town.

Dahen

17.) I believed Dahen's bread-crumbs were legitimate, which in turn led me to one of three conclusions.
-> A.) Dahen was a Gorilla
-> B.) Dahen was a Space Monkey Traitor
-> C.) The Space Monkeys were given the Gorilla role PM
18.) A Space Monkey Traitor seemed horribly incongruous with this game in particular to the point where I doubted it, but still had to keep it in the back of my mind as a possibility.
19.) After the "flavor" discussion, I was convinced that the Space Monkeys must have been given the Gorilla Town PM (since by that time it became clear that everybody could claim "flavor", or at the very least, would be able to piggy-back on previously claimed flavor). I unfortunately also figured that this meant they had been given the PM at the
beginning
of the game, since I did not think Stoofer was the type of Mod who would interfere with games once they have already run.*

Where Things Started Going Wrong

20.) The thought that Space Monkeys were given the Gorilla Town PM from the start of the game made me double-think my views on Dahen
and
Klebian, since it would now seem plausible for Klebian to possibly make the posts he did as a Space Monkey trying his damnedest to look like a Gorilla.
21.) This in turn brought Fritzler back into the equation.
22.) After compiling voting patterns, I noted that {Klebian, Fritzler} were together on every lynchee, except for when one of them was not voting. Normally I would consider this a point
against
a possible connection, but I know that Fritzler is unorthodox enough of a player that it seemed entirely within the realm of possibility for him to vote with his partner every lynch.
23.) Fritzler's lack of hammer on Klebian on D7, then, became all the more significant.
24.) The biggest completely in-game factor was by far the lack of nightkill on N4.** I had figured that Masterchief was indeed a Back-Up Cop for Thok, so there was currently no explanation on the table for why there would not have been a kill.
25.) The only possible explanations I could really think of were:
-> A.) Successful Doctor Protection
-> B.) Successful Role-Blocking
-> C.) Unnightkillable Role
-> D.) Space Monkeys recruited a Traitor (i.e. Dahen)
-> E.) Something I was not considering (which it turned out to be)
26.) A purposeful "No Kill" was
completely
out of the question. No self-respecting scum-group would
ever
send in a No-Kill when there is a claimed Cop alive - it would always be better to at least take a shot at the Cop, and even if it is blocked, the town will see the exact same result: a lack of a kill.
27.) I knew that nobody in the game was a Doctor. Fritzler had already said Traitor, Dahen crumbed Traitor, VitaminR/Nightson claimed Traitor, and Klebian had claimed Traitor.
28.) An Unnightkillable role seemed entirely un-Stoofer-like, especially in a set-up as messed up as this.
29.) This left that either there was a successful role-blocking (i.e. Glork is Gorilla) or successful recruit (i.e. Dahen Space Monkey).

Set-Up Thoughts

30.) I then started to think about types of Set-Ups I would think Stoofer would use. It seemed as if it was going to have to be one of two things.
-> A.) 1 Cop, 1 Back-Up Cop, 11 Gorillas, 4 Space Monkeys {with role PMs}
-> B.) 1 Cop, 1 Back-Up Cop, 1 Role-Blocker, 10 Gorillas, 4 Space Monkeys {with a Godfather, and role PMs}
31.) I then considered the Set-Up in Face-To-Face Mafia, which is:
-> X.) 3 Power Roles, 9 Townies, 3 Scum {with Godfather}
32.) I decided Set-Up A was entirely unlikely given his set-up for Face-to-Face. FTF has 3 scum (with a GF) against 3 power roles. For Scenario A, Space Monkeys would have 4 scum (with no GF) against only
power roles,
and
the significant advantage of having the town thinking ass-backwards because of the flavor and their roles. Scenario B, with 3 power roles against 4 scum seemed
very
consistent: there would be one additional scum than in FTF because there were two additional townspeople, as well as a Cop head-start.

Endgame

33.) So, I was pretty much wrestling the entire time over what I thought made the most sense set-up and mechanics wise (lack of N4 kill, Godfathers, Traitors, game twist, Space Monkeys having role PMs) and what I kept believing to be true (that Glork + VitaminR were scum). In essence, Glork's play continually led me to think he was scum, but what I would have to accept about the set-up if that were true seemed preposterous in terms of balance.

So... why did I vote Klebian? I'm not entirely sure. It was a combination of the above ("where things started going wrong") and the simple fact that I
really
like believing that Glork is the same alignment as me. This is probably one of my bigger weaknesses in mafia - I like to
believe
that people I like are he same alignment as me, even if there are things suggesting otherwise. I decided that I could "test" to see if he were scum... and if he didn't hammer Klebian, I could work from there with more information.

I had already pretty much decided that VitaminR was going to be who I was going to lynch, since I really do think the "common denominator" hypothesis was the way to go. My vote on Klebian wasn't really because I thought he was a Space Monkey, but more because I kept having that glimmer of hope that Glork
just might
be a Gorilla and that I was just viewing his gameplay too critically. (Of course, even if Glork hadn't hammered, that would still make it possible for {Glork, Klebian} to be scum together, but that is neither here nor there).

... and then Glork voted Klebian, and I promptly stormed from the room swearing at myself for being such a fool.

The dream I've had about five times now (which seems to mirror the game pretty accurately is this):
Jelly's Nightmare wrote:Jelly is standing in front of a chalkboard in a College Class with hundreds of students watching, holding a piece of chalk.

The board says:
Chalkboard wrote:1 + 1 = ?
I laugh at how stupidly easy this problem is, and wonder why the Professor could
possibly
give me such an absurd problem. Just as I am about to write "2" as my answer, I double-think. That can't
possibly
be right. It's so obvious. There is nothing else on the board... there are no descriptors for the numbers, so this problem is kept purely on a mathematical plain. There is no answer here but 2.

And by that time, I find that I have already written "3", and when I turn to the Professor, he stares at me and then points towards the door, while the class laughs behind their hands.
So yeah. :cry: Screwing this up seriously feels like saying 1 + 1 = 3. I could go on a rant about the town (overreliance on investigations, overreliance on role flavor, Masterchief not paying attention and being lynched, StD getting himself modkilled, etc. and so on) but I feel more like this loss is on my shoulders.

* Further Note: Especially for this, it seemed rather obvious to me that the Gorillas were almost necessarily going to try to confirm themselves via flavor in role PMs at some point in the game - I decided never to pursue that route in the game since I think it is quite cheap, and I wouldn't want to win a game on the basis that scum did not know how to claim flavor correctly. This problem
should
have been alleviated before the game began by the simple method of giving the Gorillas
different role PM's
so that they could not attempt to compare them. I can understand the need to have given the Space Monkeys the Gorilla Role PM under the circumstances, but that doesn't mean I'm particularly pleased about it.

** Further Note: The "malfunction" on N4 actually is really pushing on my 'bastard-moddery' senses. From what I gather, Stoofer did
not
alert the Space Monkeys before the game began that they would not be able to make a kill on N4 (which is a
very
important piece of information). The fact that this was probably the factor which
won
the game for scum, then, is quite ironic.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:24 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Best. Postgame Post. Ever.

This game was very hard to balance, PJ, and I couldn't give the Town too many power roles for reasons which I have already explained. With the help of SpeedyKQ, who helped me balance the game, we wavered between 3 and 4 scum and eventually plumped for 4. With a Cop and back-up I thought that the Gorillas had enough of a chance as it was. I also added in the night 4 no-kill in part to help the Gorillas by giving them an extra player - as such it was a classic example of Stoofer's 3rd Law at work.

Although the Space Monkeys ended up winning, for a long time it looked like the Gorillas were going to stroll home. You had figured out that the final scum were Glork and Nightson/VitaminR, and it was only something really special from Glork that managed to save the day (and the Galaxy).

Indeed, so sure was I that the Gorillas would win, that I had already designed Space Monkeys II (in which the Gorillas, aboard the
SS Simian
) attack the Space Monkey Homeworld). That has to go in the bin!
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:03 am

Post by dahen »

Oh, I enjoyed this game too. But I like mafia for the multiple paths to victory. The combination of reading people, trying to figure out mechanics and speculate in the original setup.

Before I tried to get everything to match in a beautiful pattern, I was onto Glork and Nightson. I would appreciate if it would be possible to then think: A-ha, that explains this and that instead of thinking: Well, if it wasn't for this no-kill.

It would have been impossible to completely understand what was going on (planned equipment jamming on N4), no matter how hard we tried and how right we did things, which means that for this particular game, the correct strategy would be to disregard mechanics (except for the twist) and look for player behavior only, but to me, that's just half the game.

The twist was great, though. I enjoyed it very much and I liked how it kept teaing my mind until it was completely clear.

So thanks, Stoof.
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:06 am

Post by dahen »

dahen wrote: The twist was great, though. I enjoyed it very much and I liked how it kept tea
s
ing my mind until it was completely clear.
Fixed. Does anyone want some tea?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:22 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Yes please. No sugar.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 am

Post by Glork »

As promised, Glork/Nightson talk from Night Six:
Glork/Nightson, N6, wrote:
(17:57:47) GlorkTheInvader: You
(17:57:56) GlorkTheInvader: We need to talk
(17:58:54) Filiusnocte: that we do
(17:59:02) GlorkTheInvader: Thoughts?
(17:59:25) Filiusnocte: well, Thok needs to die
(17:59:32) Filiusnocte: except there might be a doctor left
(17:59:36) GlorkTheInvader: Right
(17:59:49) GlorkTheInvader: This morning (in my philosophy class, shhhh), I tried to run numbers on possible scenarios
(18:00:01) GlorkTheInvader: If we try to kill Thok and fail, we basically auto-lose.
(18:00:16) GlorkTheInvader: If we try to kill someone else, it has to be someone who might be a Doctor
(18:00:32) GlorkTheInvader: Because killing PJ or Klebian (Soliders) is really only a lateral move
(18:01:06) GlorkTheInvader: So if we elect not to kill Thok, our only kill option is basically AndrewS, with the hopes that he's a Doctor
(18:01:28) Filiusnocte: indeed
(18:01:38) Filiusnocte: hmm
(18:01:43) GlorkTheInvader: Now, our best-case investigation scenario is actually if Thok investigates one of the three of us
(18:01:53) GlorkTheInvader: because there will be fewer confirmed innocents (3... PJ, Kleb, Thok)
(18:02:24) GlorkTheInvader: I was thinking.. if we kill Andrew and, say, I get investigated, it's a mostly neutral trade, with the possibility of us nabbing the doc (if there is one)
(18:02:38) GlorkTheInvader: But regardless of what Andrew is, for tomorrow night, we probably have to take a shot at Thok or else we auto-lose
(18:02:48) Filiusnocte: yeah
(18:02:58) GlorkTheInvader: Now, as far as behavior goes tomorro
(18:02:59) GlorkTheInvader: w
(18:03:06) GlorkTheInvader: I expect Thok to investiate one of the three of us
(18:03:13) GlorkTheInvader: so prepare to attack/distance from both me and Twito
(18:03:45) GlorkTheInvader: I might suggest in-thread that Thok hold his result and let us talk for a while "So that we can get information on who suspects whom without the added knowledge"
(18:04:02) Filiusnocte: s good
(18:04:07) GlorkTheInvader: But I think we need to present cases against each other as well as Dahen/Fritz (who PJ seems to think are pro-town)
(18:04:24) GlorkTheInvader: Basically, we're walking a tightrope to the very end of this game, and our play has to be quite spectacular if we're going to pull it off
(18:04:39) Filiusnocte: I'm going to say I find Fritz the most suspicious to keep consistent
(18:04:41) GlorkTheInvader: But if we don't kill Thok, I fully expect one of us to get lynched tomorrow
(18:04:43) GlorkTheInvader: Right
(18:04:48) GlorkTheInvader: And I will, too
(18:04:55) GlorkTheInvader: since I voiced that I felt either StD or Fritz was scum
(18:05:10) GlorkTheInvader: But the problem is distancing without making it obvious that we're distancing
(18:05:45) GlorkTheInvader: Now, the one thing we *do* have going for us is the fact that the town is at LyLo from here on out (barring a vigging of one of us, which I do not forsee)
(18:05:49) Filiusnocte: hopefully me or twito are the investigation targets
(18:05:56) GlorkTheInvader: No offense, but I hope so too. :P
(18:06:07) GlorkTheInvader: Ideally, it'd be Twito, and we could both go after him hardcore
(18:06:14) GlorkTheInvader: But I suspect it'll be one of us
(18:06:26) Filiusnocte: Thok has been suspicious of me
(18:06:35) Filiusnocte: so I wouldn't be surprised if it was me
(18:06:45) GlorkTheInvader: Well, and my problem is that he thought I to be pro-town on a "breadcrumb" that never existed.
(18:06:53) GlorkTheInvader: So he might revise that opinion and decide to investigate me
(18:07:13) GlorkTheInvader: Basically you have to project "Fritz, Glork, Twito" and I have to present "Fritz, Nightson, Twito"
(18:07:24) GlorkTheInvader: And we have to hope that we can get the mutal lynch of Fritz at some point
(18:07:49) GlorkTheInvader: I'm pretty much going to tell Twito that he can expect to be bused, but I think it's necessary
(18:08:22) Filiusnocte: it probably will be
(18:08:23) GlorkTheInvader: ...my current philosophy is "we have one shot of winning, and it's only if we do this, this, and this." So I figure we might as well play to go for that shot
(18:08:28) Filiusnocte: you have the best chance of making it to endgame
(18:09:05) GlorkTheInvader: Well, I'm also hoping that if it comes down to PJ + Me + Someone else, I can bring back my case against him
(18:09:20) GlorkTheInvader: I really do think that it's pretty strong, but nobody gave it any consideration due to PJ's investigated status.
(18:09:44) Filiusnocte: it'll be an uphill battle but it could work
(18:10:08) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah... but right now, I see it coming down to one of us (or maybe Twito) plus PJ plus another confirmed innocent
(18:11:08) Filiusnocte: it's too bad we can't kill Thok tonight
(18:12:07) GlorkTheInvader: I really, really want to. But I just want to take one more shot at a potential doc
(18:12:13) GlorkTheInvader: If there's a doc and it's not Andrew, we will lose
(18:12:16) GlorkTheInvader: regardless of what happens
(18:12:43) GlorkTheInvader: So to maximize our chances of winning, our best shot is to go after Andrew, hope that one of us (ideally, Twito) gets investigated, and then take aim at Thok and hope for the best. :/
(18:13:05) Filiusnocte: I agree
(18:13:10) GlorkTheInvader: okay
(18:13:29) GlorkTheInvader: Good... I'll PM Twito, wait for a response from him, and then send in the kill
(18:13:46) GlorkTheInvader: I don't think it matters at this point who makes the kill, so I'll just send Twito or something
(18:14:13) GlorkTheInvader: Also, if I do die tomorrow, and you do end up in an endgame with PJ, suggest that I was distancing from him with the whole "Godfather" thing... attacking him when I know he can't/won't be lynched, etc.
(18:14:38) GlorkTheInvader: I just wanted to get that out in case we don't get to talk again. :(
(18:14:53) Filiusnocte: lts hope that doesn't happen
(18:15:25) GlorkTheInvader: Me neither
(18:15:32) GlorkTheInvader: But damn. This one's going down to the wire. >.<
(18:16:10) Filiusnocte: yeah, we would have had it in the bag if Thok had died earlier
(18:16:26) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah.. if I hadn't audibled from Thok to Zindaras at the last minute on Night 2.
(18:16:27) GlorkTheInvader: :(
(18:16:32) GlorkTheInvader: er, Night 3
(18:18:07) Filiusnocte: oh well, we stuill have a chance
(18:18:10) GlorkTheInvader: Yep
...and Night Seven:
Glork/Nightson, N7, wrote:
(08:34:46) GlorkTheInvader: *poke*
(08:34:58) Filiusnocte: *ispoked*
(08:35:03) Filiusnocte: *isnearly braindad*
(08:35:10) Filiusnocte: <-- can't spell
(08:35:12) GlorkTheInvader: So... if Thok dies, I think we have game in hand
(08:35:26) GlorkTheInvader: If Thok doesn't die, we lose.
(08:35:39) Filiusnocte: yeah, but I'm pretty sure wehave to try and kill him
(08:35:54) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah
(08:35:58) GlorkTheInvader: And if he *does* die
(08:36:03) GlorkTheInvader: then there's room for a roleblocker claim
(08:36:13) GlorkTheInvader: ....because of the lack of a Night 4 kill
(08:36:35) Filiusnocte: you could claim you roleblockd fritz
(08:36:54) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah... but I looked over my posts, and it makes more sense if I claim I roleblocked Klebian
(08:36:58) GlorkTheInvader: So I can either go after Fritz
(08:37:07) GlorkTheInvader: or I can try to make Klebian look like a GF
(08:37:38) Filiusnocte: hmm
(08:37:52) GlorkTheInvader: The thing is
(08:38:00) GlorkTheInvader: In my assessment of players during D4
(08:38:07) GlorkTheInvader: I say that Fritz looks "slightly pro-town" to me
(08:38:26) GlorkTheInvader: which doesn't make sense if I blocked him and there was no kill
(08:38:35) Filiusnocte: yes that would be a problem
(08:38:42) GlorkTheInvader: Even if I'm aware of the possibility of a Doc, I would be taking it into account
(08:39:03) Filiusnocte: what did you say about klebian
(08:39:16) GlorkTheInvader: I said that I wasn't sure what I felt and that I had to re-read his posts later
(08:39:22) GlorkTheInvader: and then I presented a case against him later in the day
(08:39:30) GlorkTheInvader: ...which, I'm guessing, prompted Thok's investigation of him that night
(08:40:43) Filiusnocte: well, I wouldn't be suprised if PJ went back to see what yourpossition has beenon fritz
(08:40:51) Filiusnocte: and that coud ruin thewholething
(08:41:09) Filiusnocte: he seemed fairly suspicious ofyou
(08:42:07) GlorkTheInvader: Yeah
(08:42:15) GlorkTheInvader: The upside to that is
(08:42:18) GlorkTheInvader: that if nobody can counterclaim anything
(08:42:28) GlorkTheInvader: he will have a hard time explaining the lack of a kill N4
(08:43:02) GlorkTheInvader: ...as I doubt he'd find a strategic no-kill plausable, he can't think that I missed a deadline (I've been far too active), and I seriously doubt that he would guess that the lack of a kill was part of the setup design
(08:43:19) Filiusnocte: thisis true
(08:43:34) GlorkTheInvader: So based on actions and numbers alone... it's possible that we've got this in the bag
(08:43:43) GlorkTheInvader: Fritz is careless enough that, if he's around, he'll probably be willing to just toss the hammer
(08:43:47) GlorkTheInvader: PJ will be a tough one to turn
(08:43:47) Filiusnocte: lets hope so
(08:43:58) GlorkTheInvader: Dahen I can probably swing if I say "Klebian + Nightson, obvobv"
(08:44:12) Filiusnocte: I'
(08:44:22) Filiusnocte: ll try to make it looklike I'm bussinghim big time
(08:44:29) GlorkTheInvader: Haha, okay
(08:44:33) GlorkTheInvader: Oh, the other thing I'm going to do
(08:44:39) GlorkTheInvader: I won't claim right at the start
(08:44:48) GlorkTheInvader: but I'll demand that everyone give me their top suspects with one or two reasons
(08:45:05) GlorkTheInvader: ...I know for a fact that PJ will be raising his eyebrow
(08:45:21) GlorkTheInvader: but when I claim, I'm going to say that I wanted to see who Klebian would point at without knowing he was going down in flames
(08:45:34) GlorkTheInvader: During that time, I think I want you to point at me
(08:45:36) GlorkTheInvader: so that if my claim falls through
(08:45:41) GlorkTheInvader: you can bus me adequately
(08:45:56) Filiusnocte: you'll be a the top of my list followed by fritz
(08:46:01) GlorkTheInvader: Sweet
Obviously I changed the "I'm not going to claim right at the start" part. I honestly can't remember why. I think I was worried that if I waited, PJ might see it as trying to gague suspicions to come up with the most convenient claim/target... or something.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:18 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Maybe to make it look more like a reaction to finding out about there not being a doctor?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:14 am

Post by IH »

I've been looking over this setup.... and I wonder... how this game would have turned out if there was an SK who could tell the gorillas were the majority, and the monkeys who were town. Like an Intergalactic monster who had some kind of sense that could tell him.

AKA know that the gorilla's were the uninformed majority, and the monkeys were the informed minority.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”