Silver1337
(0)-
SnakeSide
(0)-
SpyreX
(0)-
TheJakalope
(0)-

Not Voting (11)- Beefster, bobsnox, Blonde Doctor, chkflip, jmurph3, mikehart, NanookTheWolf, petroleumjelly, Ray Montano, Silver1337, TheJakalope

With 21 alive, it's 11 to a lynch.

Deadline is September 4th at 3pm EST.

[/b]

[/b]
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:16 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Rainbowdash wrote:Loving the double vig kills.

Why do you assume that there were double vig kills ... I read the mod's post and nothing seems to insinuate who the killing parties are? Plus that would mean that someone has confirmation of blocking scum ... I find two vig kills unlikely unless of course you're including sk as a possibility.

FourseenCircumstance wrote:Okay Fair Enough... I have my reasons for a certain lynch though.

Where's the vote? What's the hold up?

Noted later tha you voted for FA

glowball wrote:Also...NanooktheWolf lurking- NOTED.

?

I don't know if you realize this or not, but as this game re-opened I replaced into another large game with 40+ pages. If you saw me on the boards, it was because I was sitting on my back porch reading part of the game I replaced in on my cell phone.

Posting on a daily basis at the very least is not lurking from my standpoint, and never will be. I work for a living and also have a family to tend to. By the time I make time for these games and find myself reading them, it can get a little overwhelming. Any lurking I do is related more so to RL, not the game. This game is already up 3 pages since it opened last night. Call me a slow reader, but I've got a schedule for reading and I try to squeeze in posting. Sometimes if it's a slow night at work I can add many thoughts .. Other times internet access is sparce to the point where I can only read from my phone. If I'm on my phone, I will not usually post because it's too much work to include quotes.

You want a stance from me?

I still stand strong against Bobsnox, but until he posts I don't feel that there really is anything that I can add to it.

Fourseen, I'm having a hard time believing that he's confirmed town (Pending the double vig theory which I find unlikely).

Glowball, Congratulations. You've pinned scum. However you compromised sooo much that I don't really find the logic of fake claiming followed by your gloating into the following day to be very town like. Why did you choose to counter claim BoPeep of all roles? I don't buy the possibility of you being a cop with a guilty result as this game started in the day phase and you didn't push for umbrage's lynch until later in the day. That kind of attitude has and probably always will rub me as scummy.

Vote: Glowball

I feel as though that you knew Umbrage was scum so much so at the point in which you voted him only due to the fact that you're scum with him. Countering his claim would be easy for Glowball, especially if you too received a list of safe name claims with your role. I can't confirm whether or not the mafia received any safe claims, but having modded large theme games myself, it is completely possible.

I don't believe in lynch all liars in all cases. I mean shit, at least you were honest about at some point. I would have believed you more though had you come right out of the gates with it.

If there's a contest and I see it .. For the record, I will attempt to play for the one time ability. Just saying.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:17 am

Post by SpyreX »

inHim I concur BUT look at Nanook's. If there's a chance of one of those being town, its ckflips.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:22 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Also @FA

At the point where I had stated that I most likely wouldn't vote BoPeep as it's a town role unless otherwise hinted ...

The extra hint that it was smelly was Glowball's counter. So I don't really know what you are insinuating. Any support provided to Umbrage was simply for the name he claimed .. one that I was sure would be/possibly could be still in this game.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:53 am

Post by glowball »

Flavour Analysis wrote:
Everyone[/b]: Thoughts on this plz.
Glowball
: How would you feel about being copped ToNight? What is your read on PeregineV?
Peregine
: How would you feel about being copped ToNIght? What is your read on Glowball?
Petroleum Jelly
: You think Glowball is lying about lying? Then what need would there be for Four's soft counter? And I do not think she'd openly lie about another claim then. :roll:

These are loaded questions, but I will give you my honest answer...

Being copped tonight is a double edged sward. If you are scum, Flavour, of course you know who is town and who is scum- so while the cop investigates me you have a free night. Although, I would love to be cleared so that I am not a source of debate. However, that could be a problem too because I will ONLY be cleared to one person and it would be in the best interest of the town NOT to out themselves. So no matter what result the cop gets, it's best for them to only push a lynch or try to stall it- and given the fact that this particular group of players doesn't take subtly very well I see that going very badly. So, I will never be truly cleared unless the cop claims and that would just be stupid. People will still call me scum. To be honest, that is fine- I didn't come in to make friends. I came here to win.

I like the chkflip wagon.

I'd support lynching
chkflip
Blonde Doctor
Nanook
jmurph
Beefster
PetroleumJelly

UNVOTE:
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:06 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Also, since my wagon seems to be based alot on lurking .. Please look at some other players before barking up this tree. I may not post frequently, but when I do, I feel it provides substance. There are far more players that have made a handful of posts just skating by ...

Quick Iso just revealed seven posts made by silver, last one made on august 8th.

I don't find lurking as a scum tell to begin with, but for those of you who do ... again, read my posts and you'll see I've provided substance. As far as I can tell I haven't left any questions directed towards left unanswered either.

Funny thing too is that when I do post, the thread suddenly becomes quiet.

Heading off to work now where I'll try to keep an eye open for reading, can't make any guarentees on posting though.

I've noticed snakeside also listing me as possible scum without any reason ... It's been noted.
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:08 am

Post by glowball »

^ Seriously, Nanook? Deflection is not defense- just get more active. Try not to concern yourself with how everyone else views "the other lurkers" it's really not a good look.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:12 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

glowball wrote:^ Seriously, Nanook? Deflection is not defense- just get more active. Try not to concern yourself with how everyone else views "the other lurkers" it's really not a good look.

I'm more concerned with how I'm being viewed .. not so much how others are. I don't have a problem making a comparison though.

If you recall, you too were one of the ones who called me a lurker as well.

I'm glad that you have all day to sit here and post, kudos to you.

I am being active, just not to this game's insane speed.
Flavour Analysis
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Flavour Analysis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Flavour Analysis »

One thing before I head out:

Glowball, why didn't you respond to Nanook's accusation on you? Can you respond to that?
Oyatsu Nuki
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:29 am

Post by glowball »

What accusation? That I am scum with Umbrage? I already addressed this...why would I bus the scum godfather? OH SNAP Mafia Usurper- No thanks, but at least that would make more sense than what he wrote.

I knew I had pinned scum and the rest of you should have known as well...it's that simple, when I have a read I am confident and I go all the way.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:44 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Flavour Analysis, Post 1190 wrote: Petroleum Jelly: You think Glowball is lying about lying? Then what need would there be for Four's soft counter? And I do not think she'd openly lie about another claim then.

I don’t understand the question. Fourseen countered Watcher
before
glowball countered Bo Peep, so whether or not glowball was lying has nothing to do with whether we "needed" FourseenCircumstance’s soft counter.

My point is that I still consider it entirely possible that glowball is in fact Bo Peep who feels she might as well retract her claim for the moment. I don’t care
how
confident a player is that somebody is scum – Townspeople just
don’t
lie about their role-name. It's stupid and risky. If glowball is Town and
not
Bo Peep, then I will probably unofficially blacklist playing with her, because I
hate
playing with people who lie as Town. And so because I actually had a mild Town read on her from Day One, my assumption for now is that she is not a complete idiot, and that she is in fact Bo Peep.

Also, is there a particular reason why you used the eye-rolling emoticon? Trying to make me look ridiculous? Like I don't know what I'm talking about?

2.)
I’m gonna jump in here and defend NanooktheWolf from these “lurking” accusations (and yes, in part because I feel this pretty much happened to DonJosh on Day One). This game is
fast
and there are a
lot
of pages for this game only just starting Day Two. Now check Nanook’s posts; he has actually posted (and posted content) almost every real-time day at least once, save for the time period of August 1 – August 5, for which he apologized and explained that “real life was setting in.”

Y’all need to get your definition of lurking straight. Players who can’t consistently keep up this ridiculous pace are not necessarily “lurking,” and from the looks of his posts, Nanook most certainly is not.

3.)
Flavour Analysis, why are you directing Cops to investigate glowball?

4.)
It’s already been said by both SpyreX and Rainbowdash, but apparently it needs repeating: the “two Vigs” comment was clearly not
actually
postulating two Vigilantes. The point of the comment was very obviously that the two deaths overnight are strange nightkill choices, because neither player who was nightkilled looked very Town. In other words, the two dead players seem more like Vigilante nightkills than scum nightkills.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
diddin
diddin
Mafia Scum
diddin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:16 am

Post by diddin »

Nanook wagon sucks. So many better lurker lynches.
Show
Town 8/4
Mafia 2/3
3rd Party 0/0

Everyone loves Diddin-Slaxx
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 am

Post by DeathNote »

Lurker lynch? I think not...

Flavour Analysis wrote:

NanookTheWolf wrote:
Mod: When I asked about updating the player list, I was referring to adding PetroleumJelly and TheJakalope. It still reads Mb53 and DonJosh.

Bah I definitely changed it, I guess I never clicked submit. Fixed.

My vote for DonJosh originated as pressure. Don just flaked on questions asked at the time. He made promises to read the game and flaked. I don't like it when someone states, I'll post this great post and then just return to say ... You know what nevermind, I don't even know why I stated that.

I'm not going to jump on Umbrage as he's claimed BoPeep. I don't know if I support another player counter claiming this early in the game either just in case Umbrage is full of fluff

Remember though that just because Umbrage has claimed watcher doesn't mean that she couldn't be a mafia goon/watcher. I don't want to meta game,
but I see BoPeep as being a town player
until something else hints otherwise.

Unvote: DonJosh/PetroleumJelly

Snakeside I can't believe you missed this.

Vote: Nanook

I think Nanook was hoping NOT to get a CC since Umbrage was his Godfather. He says the reason for that was because "Umbrage may have been full of fluff" SO? Second underlined statement, he states Bopeep was a town player unless hinted otherwise. Therefore, he supported Umbrage's fake claim openly. (In a fence sitty manner)

What was your reasoning Nanook?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:27 am

Post by farside22 »

Nanook wrote:
I don't know if you realize this or not, but as this game re-opened I replaced into another large game with 40+ pages. If you saw me on the boards, it was because I was sitting on my back porch reading part of the game I replaced in on my cell phone.
Posting on a daily basis at the very least is not lurking from my standpoint, and never will be. I work for a living and also have a family to tend to. By the time I make time for these games and find myself reading them, it can get a little overwhelming. Any lurking I do is related more so to RL, not the game. This game is already up 3 pages since it opened last night. Call me a slow reader, but I've got a schedule for reading and I try to squeeze in posting. Sometimes if it's a slow night at work I can add many thoughts .. Other times internet access is sparce to the point where I can only read from my phone. If I'm on my phone, I will not usually post because it's too much work to include quotes.

Check please.

You are complaining about your time but decide to go into another game that is 40+ pages. You want me to empathize with you I don't.
I have the same issue but I'm sure as shit not whiny or not posting thoughts on people. Lets add to the fact you just inned for another game and it decreases to scummy posting
Don't worry sweetie I have a huge post in mind for you tonight (or in the morning if the hubby doesn't relinquish the computer tonight).

Mod: I'm giving up on Snake who seems to have all but disappeared on me and wish to have farside as the main account from here on in.
Thanks!

Obviously fine with me.
Last edited by Scott Brosius on Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:02 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

DeathNote wrote:What was your reasoning Nanook?

If you're referring to my reasoning for voting Umbrage ... It was because he was counter claimed at the time. I still stand by stating that if BoPeep were in this game, she'd be town. However, I considered Glowball to be more pro town then Umbrage at the time. Glowball counter claimed Umbrage and was adament in that Umbrage was scum. I thought the best choice at the time was umbrage.

farside22 wrote:Check please.

You are complaining about your time but decide to go into another game that is 40+ pages. You want me to empathize with you I don't.
I have the same issue but I'm sure as shit not whiny or not posting thoughts on people. Lets add to the fact you just inned for another game and it decreases to scummy posting
Don't worry sweetie I have a huge post in mind for you tonight (or in the morning if the hubby doesn't relinquish the computer tonight).

Mod: I'm giving up on Snake who seems to have all but disappeared on me and wish to have farside as the main account from here on in.
Thanks!

Actually, my only complaint is that some of the players in this game have high expectations as to how frequently another player should post. I don't expect any empathy from you.

I'm sure as shit not bitchy. I am posting my thoughts on others. I sure as hell have added more substance to this game then either you or snakeside have.

Not that me having signed up for another game really has anything to do with your argument, but my posting has decreased to scummy? Explain, because I thought the issue was that I wasn't posting at all considering that I just had a chance to post in the game earlier today (which btw was within 24 hours of it opening).

Please don't speak to me as if you're my mother, and check your facts before you go on a tangent related to my actvity. Posting on a daily basis/even every other day is being active no matter what anyone thinks in this game. I've played on this site since 2003, and my activity level has never been questioned as long as I made the commitment of posting daily. I have more posts then your snakeside account.

Note to self, If I ever moderate another game ... Do not allow any hydras.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

NanookTheWolf wrote:If there's a contest and I see it .. For the record, I will attempt to play for the one time ability. Just saying.

No you won't.

@Peregrine - Is the prize stackable with other abilities?

glows lists are slowly getting better, up to three ok lynches now.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:19 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Rainbowdash wrote:
NanookTheWolf wrote:If there's a contest and I see it .. For the record, I will attempt to play for the one time ability. Just saying.

No you won't.

I won't attempt to play ... really?

What's your know it all logic behind that?
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Because we are actually going to work together to make sure somepony who is a general town read gets the prize this time around.

I want either Inhim or diddin to get the prize. Preferably Inhim. Everyone thinks that he is probably town, his reads may not be my favorite but they aren't horrible. Seems like the ideal pony to pick up something like this to me.

I would be willing to lynch almost anyone who breaks this deal today since baseline behavior needs to be established.

Also Peregrine is likely town at this point. Dollars to apples says all anti-town kills failed. Want prizes spread out though incase reads are incorrect at any point in the game.
You don't earn
loyalty
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:38 am

Post by NanookTheWolf »

I see that as a fair argument as long as all on board with doing so ... however, some of the pro town reads of players could be wrong ... regardless of who obtains the ability, the mod will be announcing the winner. You'll be able to monitor that player and how they respond with the ability.

Not everyone has the same reads, and no one is confirmed anything until passing.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

NanookTheWolf wrote:I see that as a fair argument as long as all on board with doing so ... however, some of the pro town reads of players could be wrong ... regardless of who obtains the ability, the mod will be announcing the winner. You'll be able to monitor that player and how they respond with the ability.

Not everyone has the same reads, and no one is confirmed anything until passing.

Does anypony, at all, doubt Inhim is town? No? That means he is getting the prize today. I WILL push for the lynch of anypony else who takes it, I could care less who you are I will do everything in my power so you will not make it to tomorrow if you take the prize and are not Inhim.

@all
- ANYPONY apart from Inhim taking the power results in their death by my own hooves. Got it?
You don't earn
loyalty
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:45 am

Post by glowball »

Sorry Rainbow... I think you are town, but I just don't trust your reads- I do trust InHim a little- but it is painfully obvious that you guys won't listen to my reason unless I attack by force. If this was any other situation I'd blindly agree, but I don't have faith in some of you.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:50 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

I am asking for faith in ONE read of ONE pony right now - Inhim.

Could care less, well not really but its all I really need you to agree with me about right now, what you think of my other reads. I really doubt we see Umbrage attack kendall-scum in such a manner as he did, and I already said most of what kendall was doing were town tells. If you think Inhim is even probably town, he is the one who gets the prize since thats going to be the most universal town read in the game I think.
You don't earn
loyalty
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:51 am

Post by glowball »

Rainbow you asked for my faith that DonJosh was scum yesterday and NOW you don't want to lynch him at all...
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 am

Post by Rainbowdash »

Yep. Some reads change with flips and other stuff. Inhim didn't though.

Are you disagreing with my read of him? If not im not sure why were are really having this conversation.
You don't earn
loyalty
glowball
glowball
Mafia Scum
glowball
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:59 am

Post by glowball »

I have a town read on InHim, but not so much so that I would roll over and let him take the win. There are only 2 players I am completely confident in, and there is no way anyone else feels the same so.... we are having this convo because I will play for whatever comes next.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”