Mini 413 - Famous CATS - Over! Quit pussyfooting around!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:27 am

Post by Skruffs »

yeah, just ignore me. v.v
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 am

Post by Nai »

Let me explain my thinking:

My to-kill vote is still 3 votes. Unless a specific instance happens (and I'm not going to let it), my to-kill vote will ALWAYS be (if I read my role PM correctly, it's a little fuzzy) 3 votes. Unless we still have 3 scum (and we don't, since they could have quicklynched me already), scum would need to convince at least one other person I am scum to quicklynch me. If Theo is scum, and we lynch him, the scum will have to convince TWO people that I am scum to quicklynch me. You see my point?

And yes, IH, we were told that it was a one-shot deal.

I had a thought while driving. There's a rather famous cartoon cat named Heathcliff. People might remember him. If I recall correctly, Heathcliff had a gang of cats that all had different abilities. Do you guys see where I"m going with this?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:03 pm

Post by Skruffs »

oh, lord...
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:29 pm

Post by Primate »

GOOOOOOD MOOOOOOORNIIIIIIINGGGGGG VEEEEEEIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by IH »

.....Are you sure he said it was one shot?

There is no indication in my PM that it is....

The only stipulations I have is that I can't use it until Buddy is gone, and some information may be missing that is related to other players or alignment.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:19 pm

Post by IH »

Apparently my replacement had either left or had misunderstood, as the mod said he failed to get a choice in last night....
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

Miztef wrote:omg, thats alot of posting.

Anyway, the flavor behind my investigation is such:

I am Socks, Bill Clinton's Cat.

Buddy the Dog took my place and I was really pissed off. So I spent my nights plotting revenege on said dog. When the dog dies, I get one investigation, representing that I don't waste my time on plotting revenge anymore, but on useful things.

I also was friends with Slippers, who I was a mason with.
That's the post.
For the record, Mistef strikes me as town in regards to his thoughts on Pooky, Theo, DGB, and Nai.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:00 am

Post by Skruffs »

Miztef wrote:So, I have some really important information.

I got to investigate a person last night (one-shot ability). So I'll go right out and say

Glork is "Fred the Undercover Kitty". He is Pro-town.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by IH »

I have just reviewed my ability, and I'm pretty sure it is not a one shot ability, especially since I got a PM saying that he failed to get an action in which would indeed indicate that it is not a one shot ability.

Did Miztef post any today?
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:01 pm

Post by Nai »

Nope. Hence the replacement. I wonder... If he said that he had a one-shot ability just to make sure he wasn't going to be targetted...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:25 am

Post by Skruffs »

Okie dokie.
Well, I feel much better protecting a second cop.
This is odd, though.
Hmm.
I was thinking about targeting Glork with my random abilities, since Zindaras would be protecting him if one of them was actually vig. But if it is actually just RB, as I am starting to maybe think it is, then, there would be incontrovertible proof that I am actually a RB because there would be no letter in the morning. how ever, that would also stop Glork from investigating. So. That would be bad. However, I could target IH instead. I'm dead in the morning anyways, of course, at least if scum realize that the Godfather ploy isn't going to work against me, but, oh well.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 am

Post by Glork »

If
you use your random ability, you are to use it on DGB.

Vote: Theo
... not sure if that's a hammer or not, but I'm ready for this day to be over... once the mod gets back. :?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:24 pm

Post by IH »

My readover time has been limited, but whenever I get a good sitdown (which could be tomorrow depending on how my battery feels (that whore my laptop battery)) I should finish it.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:50 am

Post by Skruffs »

Glork, I'm surprised you and nai are ready to lynch. Theo will be lynched, but I'd rather know who to protect and/or target, first.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

For the record, if I do die and turn up town, carbon is not also necessarily town, but at least you will feel bad for doubting your own results on me, glork.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Glork »

Protect Zindaras.

Target either nobody or DGB. I'm leaving it up to you because I am interested to see what you will choose.

I thought I made this clear already.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:46 am

Post by Primate »

Btw, on reading, I pretty much agree with Glork on most things and Zindie on pretty much everything.
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:53 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

I'm disturbed by this.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:42 pm

Post by Nai »

We should discuss actions for tomorrow, I think. Our decision for today is set in stone, but we have time to discuss the lynch for tomorrow, which is nice.

Personally, I think DGB is a good lynch. Too much has not added up, too many people not getting a gift when they should, too many mistakes on the posting restriction with no consequence. Siding with Pooky the entirety of yesterday, so on and so forth.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:29 am

Post by Skruffs »

THis is bizarree - somehow this game got dropped from my "Watch" list. :(

Someone got a gift, Nai, that person is just not claiming to have.
Apparently 2 of the 3 gifts have been doctor abilities, so maybe the third person got a doctor ability and is afraid to reveal that, or, they are scum and got a different gift and don't want to reveal it.

Glork - I'll probably wind up protecting you, because if Carbon Copy is fake claiming a doctor role, and is scum, you are left unprotected tonight. That, or I will protect IH, who is claiming to have multiple inspections, after all. I really am disappointed in your logic to trust an un-inspected claimed vanilla townie over an inspected claimed-joat, though, for future reference.

Nai - if you want to dicuss options, then why are you trying to lynch Theo so quickly?
Nai wrote:Because no one has listened to me when I've been pushing for her lynch since the beginning of day 3.

But we have an investigated scum. DGB can wait until tomorrow.

unvote, vote: Theo
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:03 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

Skruffs's every post only furthers to strengthen my belief that he's scum. He first basically put his choice in my hands, then when I told him to protect me, he switched to begging Glork, and now that Glork has also said that he should protect me, he's twisting around again and saying that he'll ignore his own promises and statements, basically saying that I'm going to die the coming night.

Skruffs, if I am fake claiming a doc role and killing Glork, then I'm dead. Capiche? The game's lost. There's no such thing as a 5-player (including my alt) scumgroup.

To put my role on the same terms as a vanilla townie is just plain preposterous. I'm an alt. My real account
died and came up town
. For me to be scum, I'd have to be a death godfather with an alt attached.

The fact that Skruffs is announcing that he will not do what he himself announced he would do is extremely telling.
I asked Skruffs the following questions in 1124:
Carbon Copy wrote:
Where's the breadcrumb?
When did you get your protective role? Why did you claim to have blocked Theo?
If you received a doc invention from DGB, then why did you ask
me
if my invention was pro-town? A doc role is pretty much as pro-town as you can get.
Bolded are two important and
unanswered
questions. Why important? Because they are clues that Skruffs is lying about his story. Skruffs did not breadcrumb. Skruffs did not wish to answer the second question because
the question doesn't make sense if he has a doc role himself
. The fact that he asked me a question that his own story infers he has the answer to says enough.

Now, let me take you on a tour throughout today and how Skruffs has tried to sight up night targets:
Skruffs, 1123 wrote:But that's fine - You protect me tonight, and I will protect Glork. If Glork dies, lynch me in the morning. If I die, you get lynched in the morning. Potentially switch mine and your places.
Skruffs, 1128 wrote:I am more than happy to target you with my doctor and you target glork tonight. Since I have a confirmed town on me by glork and you doubt I have the roleblocking ability (being a godfather and all that) - Glork should be able to query DGB tonight after a lynch on Theo today. I may be dead in the morning, but you won't be, and Glork won't be.
Are you cool with that?
Skruffs, 1136 wrote:You're not going to die. You're going to be protected. If Glork dies, you will be in trouble, though.
Skruffs, 1146 wrote:Glork - would you prefer I protect ZIndaras protect you, or vice versa? It's likely that the last person in the chain (me or zindaras) will be killed since they have no protection. The last person should be the more likely scum, because they can't kill the middle person without drawing attention to themselves, and can't kill glork regardless. They also can't kill themselves. If I protect zindaras, would you please inspect him tonight? Just to assauge my suspicions that he may just be fake claiming in order to get me killed because he knows that I protected you last night. You know, standard stuff.
(Also note how he's leading the Cop)
Skruffs, 1158 wrote:Glork - are you sure? When I die, you are basically losing one of your investigations.
Skruffs, 1163 wrote:*sniff*
Okay, glork.
Skruffs, 1171 wrote:Carbon Copy - Please consider this - I have claimed the doctor's gift. I also have OTHER actions to be taken - and you don't. If I am scum, I can not kill Glork tonight because I would be instantly lynched as a liar for fake claiming doctor in the morning, so I can not and will not kill him tonight. Likewise, one of me and you has to be killed. You have no other claimed actions, I do. I also have an innocent investigation on me.

It really really makes more sense to protect me, knowing that if I am lying, and stupidly kill the person I am claiming to be protecting, that I will be lynched tomorrow. If only because I get two actions in one night, and one of them MIGHT be a role block, which could also, if used against mafia, protect YOU from getting killed, which is something you can NOT claim to offer to me.
Skruffs, 1194 wrote:Glork - I'll probably wind up protecting you, because if Carbon Copy is fake claiming a doctor role, and is scum, you are left unprotected tonight. That, or I will protect IH, who is claiming to have multiple inspections, after all. I really am disappointed in your logic to trust an un-inspected claimed vanilla townie over an inspected claimed-joat, though, for future reference.
Skruffs continuously downplays my role-related innocence and continuously tries to invoke the innocent investigation to strengthen his own. Yet my alignment is clearly more confirmed than his. He appeals to emotion. He asks me what he should do. When I don't give him the answer he wants, he asks Glork what to do. When Glork doesn't give him the answer he wants, he backs out again and announces he will do what he wants, furthering his own scum-agenda.
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:12 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

EBWOP:
Glork wrote:Protect Zindaras.

Target either nobody or DGB. I'm leaving it up to you because I am interested to see what you will choose.

I thought I made this clear already.
This says enough. It is clearly in the best interests of the town to set up the best chain of protection it can. Skruffs is refusing to work for the best interests of the town. Therefore, he is scum.

To be honest, this reminds me a lot of the situation I found myself in at the end of the original Smalltown. I (as last scum) had talked a lot about killing Eon (the Bomb, takes last voter with him) and how I'd hammer him if the town wanted me to. Then, when I found myself in the position to actually hammer him, I came at a crossroads: either back out and be in huge trouble over it, or hammer and hope the Governor (lynch vetoer) would save me. Skruffs found himself in the same position in this game. He could back out of his promises and not protect me, or he could do what he said he would and be in trouble anyway. He clearly chose the second option. He is also quite clearly scum.
Nai
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Nai
Executor of the Dead
Executor of the Dead

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:57 am

Post by Nai »

I'm convinced that Theo is the correct choice for today. What I'm discussing is the actions for tomorrow.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Glork »

No, Skruffs.
You will protect Carbon Copy tonight.

CC is responsible for protecting me. If I die overnight, then CC will come under a lot of scrutiny for failing to protect me. Your job is to protect CC. I think that you saying you want to protect me is your way of getting rid of the other "Doctor" role out there.

You will protect CC, take your other action on DGB or nobody, and that's it. CC has outlined why he is very likely scum. Making one role protown and the same-player-controlled player scum makes zero sense whatsoever, and I do not currently believe in the existence of a "Death Godfather."
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Carbon Copy
Carbon Copy
Townie
Carbon Copy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:37 am

Post by Carbon Copy »

Glork, you really should start proofreading your posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”