Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:35 am

Post by Hayker »

xRECKONERx wrote:Yes, Hayker.

Oh, btw.
Vote: DrippingGoofball
. Blatant hypocrisy, saying it's wrong for me to ask her to come up with actual scumteams instead of blanketing half the roster as just "scum", general vibes, plus DisCode's play. Yup.

And I need to go reread her play pre-zwet-kill. I think I missed something.
Can't DGB actually be pointing out actions he finds scummy then? It's day 1, the only thing we have to go on is the Zwet lynch/kill for actual facts. It's not hard to find any player doing a scummy action or two in a game.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:39 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

xRECKONERx wrote:YAY FALSE DICHOTOMY
YAY WIKITELL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:YAY FALSE DICHOTOMY
YAY WIKITELL
Oh irony you make me lol.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:41 am

Hayker wrote:Can't DGB actually be pointing out actions he finds scummy then?
You can start referring to me as "she" instead of "he."

I've pointed out PLENTY of actions that I find scummy. Why don't you go find them. There are probably several per page, since I replaced.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:50 am

Post by Hayker »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

I've pointed out PLENTY of actions that I find scummy. Why don't you go find them. There are probably several per page, since I replaced.
Me apologies DFG, I probably should have checked.

I know you have pointed things like that out, you're not the target of that question.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:52 am

Hayker wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

I know you have pointed things like that out, you're not the target of that question.
Why did you flip-flop on DGB, Hayker? You called her scum for a world-slip on the last page and on thus page you're defending her from Reckoner?
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:56 am

Post by Hayker »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
Hayker wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

Why did you flip-flop on DGB, Hayker? You called her scum for a world-slip on the last page and on thus page you're defending her from Reckoner?
I'm not defending DGB, I'm going after what looks like an inconsistancy.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:59 am

So do you believe this or are you playing devil's advocate? If you do believe that, you still think she's scum over syntax?
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:07 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Hayker wrote:DoS, you never seem to stick to your cases very hard. Generally when someone finds someone suspsicious, they keep going after them. You seem to hop form person to person, and never make more then an indirect reference to that person(specifically) again.

You have shown suspiscion for:Me,SirChris, Zwet and then Joe. You pursued Chris for awhile, but stopped, and went after the Zwet. After Zwet died, you targetted the next lurker, me.
You are right, I stopped attacking chris when he changed the behavior I was attacking him for. Zwet is dead, that ended that attack. I'm not attacking Joe for lurking but nice effort at that. Neither am I attacking you for lurking. I am attacking you because up until the last page where you had a ton of completely ludicrous statements you have done no scum hunting and tried to make it look like you were contributing with huge block posts explaining what happened in the KH games. Saying a lot, while saying nothing.

@Raider: I attacked Chris first, and just because I gave my thoughts after you gave yours on me doesn't make them any less valid.

On a related note, did anyone else notice, that in all of chris's posts on the last couple pages only 1 (thats all I can remember but it might have been 2) didn't include an urgent call for my lynch? Anybody else wanna say he isn't tunneling now?
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:08 am

Post by DragonsofSummer »

Ebwop: No Joe, what that statement says is. I will be here but not posting unless someone tells me too. EG it is a scummy statement.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Cobalt »

thanks for posting 7 pages a day during finals week, guys >_<
My posting will prolly be somewhat less frequent, but I will pretty much always be caught up.
still like the hayker vote.
hatersgonnahate.gif
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:30 am

Post by Hayker »

Shotty to the Body wrote:
So do you believe this or are you playing devil's advocate? If you do believe that, you still think she's scum over syntax?
It's not quiote playing devil's advocate, but's about as close as you could describe that.
Hayker
Hayker
Goon
Hayker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:39 am

Post by Hayker »

DragonsofSummer wrote:
Hayker wrote:DoS, you never seem to stick to your cases very hard. Generally when someone finds someone suspsicious, they keep going after them. You seem to hop form person to person, and never make more then an indirect reference to that person(specifically) again.

You have shown suspiscion for:Me,SirChris, Zwet and then Joe. You pursued Chris for awhile, but stopped, and went after the Zwet. After Zwet died, you targetted the next lurker, me.
You are right, I stopped attacking chris when he changed the behavior I was attacking him for. Zwet is dead, that ended that attack. I'm not attacking Joe for lurking but nice effort at that. Neither am I attacking you for lurking. I am attacking you because up until the last page where you had a ton of completely ludicrous statements you have done no scum hunting and tried to make it look like you were contributing with huge block posts explaining what happened in the KH games. Saying a lot, while saying nothing.

@Raider: I attacked Chris first, and just because I gave my thoughts after you gave yours on me doesn't make them any less valid.

On a related note, did anyone else notice, that in all of chris's posts on the last couple pages only 1 (thats all I can remember but it might have been 2) didn't include an urgent call for my lynch? Anybody else wanna say he isn't tunneling now?
You're right, you never accued me of lurking, however, I was lurking, to deny that would be silly. Your vote was placed on the next lurker banwagon.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Iecerint »

Hayker, what do you think about DoS's explanations for how his view of SirChris et al changed?
Kdub
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Kdub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:53 am

Post by Kdub »

OK I'm caught up. I should be able to keep up with the game better from now on since things are slowing down with the holidays coming up.

DGB:
I'm still not comfortable with the miller thing. I realize you can't really know what DisCode was thinking (or maybe you do and are hiding it), but I have a hard time buying that any reasonable pro-town player would turn himself into a miller and announce it just for the sake of information or because he was bored. Something doesn't add up, and I feel pretty sure that you are not being completely open about it. I can think of a few oddball scenarios where you/DisCode are town and would lie about it, but I won't speculate on those. I also dislike your pushing of the idea that if zwet was scum, his buddies were bussing him, but now that he flipped town, the people against the wagon are scum. I just see you pointing at posts saying "this looks like bussing/distancing" with no real explanation.

Reckoner:
Not liking your claimed "certainty" that zwet was scum. I already explained why I thought his scum play in EoW was different than his play here, and I don't think you ever really gave an adequate response. I pointed out that he was more active in pushing town lynches (yes, even on D1), and I believe you responded with something about the size of this game relative to that one. Either way, it did not really address my opinion of his play being different, and I definitely didn't get the sense from you that you could somehow be "certain" about zwet as scum.

Other stuff:
Iec's daykill was clearly a pro-town move for reasons that have already been explained. People who thought otherwise either need to think through it again or are scum trying to make it look bad. Particularly SirPent, who also jumped on the zwet wagon despite not commenting on zwet at all prior to that point in the game.

MafiaSSK has about as much content as zwet did, yet he is being completely ignored. Why? DeathNote doesn't have much more either. Let's hear more from them.

Didn't think much of the Hayker case, but he's all over the place the past couple pages. Not sure of my read on him yet, but he's got my attention.

Vote: DrippingGoofball
for now. I could also go for a Reckoner or SirPent lynch.
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Mafia - 17-player large theme, currently needs (0) replacements
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by Iecerint »

It's probable that Discode either didn't know that whatever he did would make him a miller or that the benefits outweighed the disadvantages. If he didn't know, he probably activated some mystery ability and was then told he was a Miller. In such a circumstance, I think announcing it is a perfectly fine option; I'd probably claim D1 if I were a Miller. If he did know, claiming Miller was similarly a perfectly legitimate act, and refusing to elaborate is similarly legitimate.

It's not as if he was forced into claiming it. The flavor didn't indicate that he was responsible IIRC. I think scum and 3rd party wouldn't have bothered claiming Miller in that circumstance.

If there are isolated reasons to think that DGB is scum, that's fine, but I don't think Discode's Miller claim is a good reason to suspect her.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:14 pm

There is no hint in my role PM regarding miller-hood. I'm told that I can relinquish being mere vanilla, and unleash darkness and light. The darkness is being a miller, and the light is a power, which is a pretty lame one especially considering the millerness that came with it.

Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by Gorrad »

Anyone suspecting DGB at this point has never played with her.

DGB, I see your point on Raider, but what makes you think that just because he's scum SirPent can't be?
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Plum »

raider8169 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Raider, why are you so sure there won't be a counter claim? I specifically worded my posts so that, if Iecerint was scum, he would HAVE to claim Jack. Meaning he could not, should he be scum, claim one of his safeclaims. So. Either a) Iecerint is scum, Jack was one of the fakeclaims b) Iecerint is telling the truth c) Iecerint is scum and risking a counter claim from town.

Only scum know who scum are. I want to know why you dismissed option c so assuredly.

Also, I disagree completely about DGB leading the town.

For those keeping score at home, SirPent, Raider, SSK, Deathnote, and Saberwolf are my current likely scum candidates.
What would anyone have to gain by counter claiming this early in the game?
One dead scum. One for one trades are like %99 of the time a really really good thing, and that's probably a conservative estimate. Your joke in the next post about being scum not wanting to be on a Town mislynch, as DGB suggested, is not particularly reassuring.
Hayker wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Sir Chris wrote:Also why is DoS doing ever so well, Goofball. or DGB I guess is your real nickname. I think I am going to like you, you and I have the same fun to win ratio beliefs when it comes to mafia.
;-) yes fun is what it's all about.

DoS always sets my scumdar on fire. I recently pushed for his lynch and he flipped town (so was I), so I'm a little singed.
Hi guys,

"Was town" Was being past tense, past tense being a scum slip.

Vote:DrippingGoofball
Vote: Hayker

I like my scum toasted. It brings out the flavor. Do I even need to explain why this is a super-scummy, blatant twist of DGB's words? No, good. The MafiaSSK vote following is also weird: if Hayker truly believed it was a scum slip, he'd either not unvote because it was to him a very clear indicator of DGB-scum or would say something like "Oh, I get it," to DGB's response and unvote. Neither happened. Instead Hayker goes back to the ol' 'can't we make DisCode's replacement claim' as some sort of distractor/ a desperate plea for us to go back to pressuring someone many now feel is likely Town, continues to attack DGB's normal parenthetical comment (DGB wanted to indicate she was Town trying to lynch scum and helped mislynch DoS rather than a scumbag trying to mislynch).

Oh and I didn't notice Reck asked DGB to speculate scumteams. Yeah, that sort of thing is useless and counterproductive as hell Day 1 with one flip thus far. It's definitely not a scumtell on DGB's part to say it's wrong to ask that and refuse to comply. Sheesh.

Going to go back and reread and all that soon. DGB is prob-Town over here.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:09 pm

Gorrad wrote:Anyone suspecting DGB at this point has never played with her.

DGB, I see your point on Raider, but what makes you think that just because he's scum SirPent can't be?
I'm suspicious of players that defend, with disproportionate passion, worthless players/lurkers/zwet. That's something that scum will do to earn town cred. Not always; but I've seen it a lot. That's what raider was doing. If this tilted raider further in the scum column, it balanced SirPent into the town column.

Cobalt
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
Cobalt
trollface.jpg
trollface.jpg

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:32 pm

Post by Cobalt »

votecount?
hatersgonnahate.gif
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

DoS is being so damn stupid he can't even read the fact THAT I SAID I WAS NOW TUNNELING ON HIM.

And it is given hardly a mention.

This is such obvious mafia bullshit people.Open your god damn eyes. I have played mafia for eight years and I have seen this exact same scene play out before me hundreds of times here. DoS, if he had even fully READ the posts I had posted, would know I admitted to tunnelling now and I noted it is needed.

I post 5 posts against someone, and all you stupid bastards can do is vote the player giving content. Also Gorrad looks bad too, so I like that read from DGB

Seriously people, if you are just going to keep getting swept away in the idiocy of the moment and ignore my excellent case against DoS I am going to have to get uglier and uglier. I tried being nice, I tried posting a lot, but it seems you are content not to listen.

Fine.

Have it your way.

There is going to be blood for this.

lots of it.
Sir Chris
Sir Chris
Goon
Sir Chris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Sir Chris »

Note: That was figurative, not role related.
Slicey
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Slicey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Slicey »

Jafar: Agrabah is full of holes for rats to hide in. But why worry about Princess Jasmine? With her or without her, surely this world will be ours when we find the Keyhole.

The Eleventh Vote Count:
Hayker (5): Papa Zito, Shotty to the Body, DragonsofSummer, SirPent, Plum
SirPent (4): RayFrost, Iecerint, Gorrad, saberwolf
DrippingGoofball (2): xRECKONERx, Kdub
MafiaSSK (2): Cobalt, Hayker
DragonsofSummer (2): Sir Chris, raider8169
Gorrad (1): Kise
raider (1): DrippingGoofball

Not Voting: wolframnhart, DTMaster, Deathnote, fuzzylightning, MafiaSSK, Sajin, Vaya, joe478, ace5993

With 25 votes available, it will take 13 to lynch.

fuzzlightning replacement not going well, joe478 will not be replaced as of right now but better get posting soon.
Last edited by Slicey on Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”