Mini 1536 - Silph Co. Reverse Mafia (Game Over)

Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:58 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Yeah idk what was going on.

For the record, I had some relative misgivings with the setup(I thought the traitor and poisoner should have been another VT), but what can you do. I didn't really pay attention to the play, except lol Whiskers 3P claim put enough scrutiny on Tiershift that he died lol.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:01 pm

Post by Paschendale »

I was definitely fooled. I probably would have spent the whole game chasing the less experienced players for their clumsiness. But Whiskers, why did you do that?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I was confused when I found out there was a full jailkeeper and tracker in the setup (as I didn't know there was a serial killer then), if my slot had been lynched day 1, I went with two people would have been converted into cops for the one known buddy. (we did get lucky with finding him night 1 though)

I also deliberately didn't hammer TS day 3 (using the must unvote rule, I had meant to do it in deadline) to either connect myself if I got caught moving.

Also TS's fake watcher report probably confused me the most, as he had actually done the kill on max. (I assumed it was something to with Whiskers, even though I was told vt.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I only knew Aj's slot was scum on d1. I was guessing on who else was on the team, and I actually grew paranoid that I was actually voting scum in Emp and tried to find a way off him.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

I had to just draw the kill because of how massively anti-town my role was there. Even night poisoner... really just wow with that one. Not sure you can create much more of an anti-town town aligned role without transcending into lying to players realm.

Was sorta right in reads though. After being told there was a SK I had pool of Pasch, Bulb/Emp, Psych, TS and Whiskers in dead QT
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Hey man I told Espeonage to make the poisoner a VT, but he really wanted it!
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by Natirasha »

(so I made it even-night)
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:41 pm

Post by TierShift »

I'm quite mad at whiskers here, she knew I was a SK but went on to lose it for town.

Anyway, my reads were correct if that counts for something :)
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:46 pm

Post by cxinlee »

I'm mad at myself for playing such a shitty game.

I was so naive, I lurked 90% of the game, and when I had doubts about ajtheepic, I kept quiet.

Meh, shoudve been more aggressive at the last day as well.
cxinlee
cxinlee
Goon
cxinlee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by cxinlee »

I have no idea what whiskers was trying to do, either.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 1144, Natirasha wrote:
Tiershift, Red, the Serial Killer,
was lynched day four.

Dry-Fit, Rocket Admin Mason,
was endgamed night four.

cxinlee, Rocket Grunt,
was endgamed night four.

Kenobi, Rocket Grunt,
was endgamed night four.

Whiskers, Rocket grunt,
was endgamed night four.

The scum team of

Bulbazak, Dojo Master Kiyo, Mafia Traitor
AJ the Epic, Gym Leader Sabrina, Mafia Goon
Cheery Dog, Officer Jenny, Mafia Rolecop

have fulfilled their win condition and won Silph Co Reverse Mafia!
*shrug*
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Kenobi
Kenobi
Goon
Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:05 am

Post by Kenobi »

*blinks* Okay then. This has been an enlightening experience.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:03 am

Post by TierShift »

Scum qt?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:40 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Scum QT

Boop.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Dry-fit »

Scum handily outplayed town this game. No doubt about it.

Sorry I didn't back you up on the Bulba thing Emp. I've been tending to read big fights as town v town for a while now.

Good game.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Whiskers »

My fake role was that I had to target players and predict that they would be nightkilled. Pokemon Trainer-flavoured, or exactly what TS was.

Btw, TS, fuck you.
In post 1157, TierShift wrote:I'm quite mad at whiskers here, she knew I was a SK but went on to lose it for town.

Anyway, my reads were correct if that counts for something :)
I didn't know you were an SK, I only knew that you claimed SK. Next time, don't act so scummy.

If I
didn't
"go on to lose it for town" (which, by the way, fuck you, asshole, I was
the
townie still giving a thought to the game), and said, "oh, hey, I'm
not
3rd party, was bluffing the whole time", then
I
would have been lynched, which would have resulted in the
same
fucking game over. So, fuck you. I lynched the person who was not confirmed-town to me: you.

Also, fuck you. Your reads may have been "correct" but you didn't say anything-- did you even mention a Cheery read? Worse than that, you convinced nobody of your reads, so I don't care if you were 100% correct from the very fucking beginning, you were
useless
in lynching scum, so it counts for
nothing

Oh, and furthermore? Fuck you, you lying sack of scum. Your reads included Whiskers scum; you might want to re-evaluate your definition of "correct reads".

Actually, hell, while I'm at it,
cxinlee wrote:I'm mad at myself for playing such a shitty game.

I was so naive, I lurked 90% of the game, and when I had doubts about ajtheepic, I kept quiet.

Meh, shoudve been more aggressive at the last day as well.
You and the rest of the endgamed townies. On one hand, I can't blame Dry-Fit for being fucking bored this last Day-- he's right, TS should have been lynched the day before, and Esp. is a dick for including that in his ruleset-- but you and dry not-posting and not-scumhunting is really bullshit (although where Dry posted less and less, you seem to have posted more as the game progressed, so good job, CX). Gonna give Kenobi some of this too: even though he's newish, he clearly has a good grasp of the game, so where was he, Especially at endgame?

I'll make a little footnote here. I'm not mad that I lost. I'm a little annoyed that, the townies basically fell into lurking. I'm quite a bit annoyed that, time and time again, confirmed-town players will just walk away from a game and do fucking nothing useful. I'm mad, though, that TS is going to, even after the game is over, point at me and say, "A
ha!
We lost because of
you!!"
No, man. Fuck you.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by Whiskers »

^Some of this may not be true.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Well, I'll be honest: I knew I had won that game from day 1. Replacing into a slot no one saw anything from, trying to draw some activity... gained basically all my rep day 1 and simply didn't do anything to harm it. You let me go on cruise control and didn't question when I would ignore certain points days after simply because I didn't see any advantage in me responding. It was the town's fault to give someone such an easy state of Obv-town and basically not check it. Hell, Whiskers/Pasche were checking each other multiple times and in a way, them completely ignoring me/my input absolutely secured me to be untouchable the next day because I got to choose the aftermath 'best opinion'.

If there is one thing for the town to salvage, it was Kenobi's play. Incredibly consistent, he was able to survive when I had the most clear-cut influence even though I was slightly setting him up off of Zekrom. I don't manipulate on newness, but I was going to manipulate Zek so easily... and was planning on using him as my lynchpin to Kenobi. Well, Zek died and I got to pull a "I told you so" because of how adamant I was against that lynch. Never let someone pull that btw, least of all me... I'm generally not honest saying "I told you so". But Kenobi's reasoning was the best, most clear cut and perhaps the one that, with the town's undivided attention and guidance, would've presented the win condition. I would argue that he, dry-fit and I were all equally untouchable by the last day, and Dry-fit was a claimed mason. Kenobi was there out of logic and the town's only hope. You lent your ears to me and I simply got people paranoid on Tiershift. So kenobi had good reasoning, survived my attempt to lynch him and was perfectly town by the last night (Would've been my NK tomorrow night had tier not died... And it would've come because tier would've shot bulba...). I, of course, saw that he was the chance the town had (as I knew I wasn't it) and started to mislead him just a bit... This was allowing him to go after Empking without question, aiming him at tiershift and discouraging him from listening to tiershift.

Tier almost pulled off something beautiful, but he MAJORLY fucked up. I even told you: You should've claimed I visited the person YOU didn't kill... If you look at the actions, guess who made EVERY night kill. I did it night one so pysch could go after Bulb (as stated in QT, we went after someone we could immediately prosper from having and weighed that with the chance of them being scum. Night 2/3 was because... well, the other two might've caught scrutiny and Pasche had me as town :) So tier, you could've freaked me out, made me really have to call a bluff and rely on believing your watcher claim. That alone was your chance. I would've argued against it of course, but I wouldn't have been able to gain as much ground.

However, tier has no rights to be upset because in the end he fucked everything up for the town and himself. He was obvious scum immediately, an easy target and allowed for me to stomp on his opinions every day. If I didn't like his opinion (Bulb being target of lynch), I could stomp on him as scum until he shut up. He never bit back, as he should've tried. The awful, unprovable fake claim, no fall back and then just blurting SK left him in a position where it would be nearly impossible for him to ever win, and he had already lost so much reputation, I got to again shut him up. He is the single biggest reason to the town's failure, even more so than Whisker's very questionable claim.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1165, Whiskers wrote:-- he's right, TS should have been lynched the day before, and Esp. is a dick for including that in his ruleset--
Scum do like to play around with unusual rules like that ;)

If the rule wasn't there I probably would have ended up not posting after I saw deadline pass. (although I was going to do an unvote and hammer had I not been 5 minutes late (deadline was listed in aussie time).

He avoided being lynched both day 2 & 3.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1167, Aj The Epic wrote:I don't manipulate on newness
I'll manipulate on newness though. It's generally easier. Or at least buddy them with the type of posts that don't really mean much but can be identified as town thought process.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Can we get the dead QT link?

I don't like to manipulate newness as I generally prefer teaching... and to manipulate newness around Mollie/Jiffy and the crew I generally follow means death. Plus, that's a terrible note to have when you get meta-checked...
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 1170, Aj The Epic wrote: I don't like to manipulate newness as I generally prefer teaching... and to manipulate newness around Mollie/Jiffy and the crew I generally follow means death. Plus, that's a terrible note to have when you get meta-checked...
Nobody reads postgame for meta. They shouldn't anyway, the posting is out of alignment. (and also won't help when as town I believe I read the same posts type of posts correctly and will post about them in much the same manner)

I think I cruised on psyche's play as well (and as per usual when I know who is scum, I couldn't see him as town when I read through)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I know people don't read post-meta... I do, as I rather not read the whole game and you can see people reveal clever hidden messages (Aka spelling out night actions/claims) as well as learn the overall strategy. But people like mollie/ffery will read this most likely when I play with them again, as they meta dive a lot. Just not good to have that kind of mark.

Psych played well. I'm far used to seeing and convincing myself and my buddies of being town when playing the game and I know when to drop someone... Sometimes even drop people earlier than needed. Psych got a good bit of rep and no one questioned it :) Good division between town/may not be town, at least from a scum perspective. And as long as I remained town, I wasn't questioned... People make quick decisions on your alignment but I'm way too good in the early game to not be seen as town. Early games are predictable and allow me just to fit in and place input whenever I need to so I can gain more... What the town needed to do was re-access and question players more than just the ones we targeted. The town block was largely infected.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by TierShift »

@Whiskers: I have little interest in post-game-bickering, but if you think your 3rd party claim helped out town, you're wrong. Of course I thought you were scum, you were the one silently counterclaiming me.

@AJ: you're right, thanks for the advice. I just went into day 4 thinking I could just claim SK and be done with it, but that was just waaay too easy.

I think town mostly fucked it up for themselves, looking at all the apathy and seeing how I should've died day 2 and day 3. Even if they had gotten me lynched in time, I think they wouldn't have stood a chance of winning. Good game to the scumteam.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

Huh. I thought we'd lose.