Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:22 am

Post by DArby »

Quick thoughts:

Town: {Me, Black, Implo, tp (null town)}
Null: {tsa, Exp}
Scum: {worst, May, Moros}

My read on the worst started with Ceejay and where it feels like strong emotions of “come on how did you get there” with nothing to back it up outside of feeling unnatural when they’re changing their opinion as a townie should. Their seems really ironic. I could prolly find more but this are quick notes. The worst fills a lot of the same problems I had with their predecessor’s play style. is a townread for being friendly, articulate, and present, but black (who is also that) isn’t on the list (?) Again there’s more but quick notes.

May is my second strongest scum ping and for the life of me I don’t see how she got into the coalition. So much just screams busy work outside of mech talk (as I mentioned for ). She’s both driving the game but doesn’t seem to be solving for it. She’s speaking in riddles to me but I don’t think there’s a clear answer. Again, I’ll revisit this later.

Black is town and it’s so obvious that I refuse to elaborate further.

I want to wait a few flips to see more from tp.
DArby
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
DArby
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 7:36 am

Post by DArby »

In post 276, Aventurine wrote: Oh, a pagetop. how pleasant
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:09 am

Post by tired person »

In post 1112, Black wrote:
In post 1108, implosion wrote: it sure feels like you're the only person making an effort to solve the game right now
???
In post 1113, Black wrote:The fuck?
posts like these are why black is my top townread.

as to whether i'm going to be voting moros or implosion today, i haven't made up my mind yet and i don't think i will before moros gives more of its reasoning for townreading everyone.
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:12 am

Post by tired person »

In post 961, Black wrote: This team would explain why May never really fought very hard to be in the coalition. implosion was a lock from nearly the beginning
In post 979, Black wrote: Looking at May's ISO I don't see any real attempt to sort implosion. In fact implosion is probably the slot she interacts with the least. Her heal in feels so random
would u say these are ur main reasons for ur solve or is there something else that drove u that to that tinfoil?
I'm tired.
tired person
tired person
Any
Goon
tired person
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:14 am

Post by tired person »

and do u scumread may individually at all?
I'm tired.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Black »

Would you mind explaining your May townread before I do that?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:30 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1124, Black wrote: I'm not sure if you've addressed this but what happened between the first two posts and the third that made you feel comfortable enough with your May read to put her in?
I'm not certain, probably nothing specific; a combination of time passing meaning that I need to make up my mind on stuff more, time passing meaning I felt increasingly more like I couldn't advocate for Umlaut, time passing meaning it was more important to look at political viability (which is basically the same as the previous point), various things May had done bouncing around in my head but I couldn't really tell you what they were. Also I mentioned in the next post that the coalition was excluding ceejay, tired person, umlaut and tsawwassen and at the time that probably felt like the right group of people to exclude. It probably wasn't specifically new posts May made in the interval.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:39 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 965, Moros wrote: coalition failing makes me think i was on the wrong path. i am worried about implosion because i think that he had the least drive to secure a winning coalition, or care about the details of it. it feels more like he didn't want things to be disrupted. i think he makes sense as a partner to aventurine, who also didn't want things to be disrupted.
This is the only time since coalition that Moros has given a concrete opinion on any player, and it has since said it doesn't know if it agrees with this anymore. So in effect Moros has given 0 information about the current state of its reads.

Rereading with a fresh mind today is all well and good if it happens. There's a point at which there needs to be something concrete. I have at many times not found anyone on the coalition, or even in the whole game, actively scummy - but I can still weigh the different reasons I have for townreading people. It's a new phase of the game, and there's new opportunities to read people off of new content and to commit to new stances in light of new information. Committing to stances is pro-town, even if you have low confidence in those stances, which you can always be explicit about, because it will give us more stuff to analyze come late game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 12:41 pm

Post by implosion »

It is nice that Black is a seeming universal strong townread on coalition; at least me, darby and tired person are all expressing this in the moment. Having that is really, really valuable in this setup (unless we're wrong and we just lose lol) because scum will very much not want to shoot her until we lim scum on coalition.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She | No they/etc

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 2:45 pm

Post by May »

I speak in riddles as both alignments. It'd be pretty funny if that part of my personality showed up specifically when I got red role PMs and tons of mafia games could be stories of killing the sphinx speaking in increasingly nonsense.

The string of posting complaining that "no one is solving, this is the one game where I'm obviously town, interacting with me doesn't count as solving unless you conclude I'm town or undecided" reads like implosion against the wall to me more than like, genuine critiques of fellow players. I feel like trying to create a villain out of someone while simultaneously acknowledging them in lockdown is kind of a pattern I tend to see from scum. It creates some kind of adversarial narrative to force everyone to reroll reads lists in case theyve picked the wrong protagonists without needing to scumcase a scumslot.

VOTE: implosion
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 2:47 pm

Post by May »

I kinda want a flip it's been so many pages
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 2:51 pm

Post by May »

It is admittedly "hard to post analytical content" about Moros when it played normally d0 and is at the keyboard afk this phase
It'd be a better lim than tired person since it's possible for scum to be comfortable with the weird day zero game mode but get uncomfortable needing to fake scumreads
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 3:02 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
Francis Livingston - Broome Street Light, 2023 - Oil on panel

vote count 1.D !

implosion (3):
Black, Tsawwassen, May
Moros (2):
the worst, implosion
May (1):
DArby

not voting (3):
Moros, experience, tired person

with 9 alive, it takes 5 of the same vote to Kill someone. day 1 ends in (expired on 2024-05-19 18:32:55)

moderateur notes

• bu
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1134, May wrote: "no one is solving, this is the one game where I'm obviously town, interacting with me doesn't count as solving unless you conclude I'm town or undecided"
This is pretty dang uncharitable. Me talking about my being out of my scumrange, and me complaining about people not solving, are two disconnected things that i talked about at different times. This is only even remotely accurate to how I've been talking about Black, and I've been extremely clear that I think Black is strongly town, so it's not like I'm chiding her alignment for "not solving", it's not like I'm chiding her for not doing anything either, because I've said she is. I'm just frustrated that she's town and wrong about me.

Who do you think I'm trying to create a villain out of? Black? You? Moros?

Also what do you mean "without needing to scumcase a slot"? I'm pretty openly explaining reasons why I think Moros might be Scum, Actually. Yeah they're not like, deep but as you just said, what the heck else am i supposed to do right now
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 3:09 pm

Post by implosion »

And to be clear, "this is pretty dang uncharitable" is me trying to couch anger.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 3:40 pm

Post by implosion »

I wrote a bunch of paragraphs after this but decided not to say them because they're rambling.

May, has anything in particular made you go from "we don't need to hammer implosion with 8 days left" to "i kinda want a flip" when we still have basically 7 days left, and there are several slots who haven't contributed content including one on-coalition who you describe as afk this phase?

Isn't it like. Good to not let people on coalition be afk this phase???
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 3:58 pm

Post by Black »

VOTE: May
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:12 pm

Post by Moros »

VOTE: May
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:16 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1136, May wrote: It is admittedly "hard to post analytical content" about Moros when it played normally d0 and is at the keyboard afk this phase
It'd be a better lim than tired person since it's possible for scum to be comfortable with the weird day zero game mode but get uncomfortable needing to fake scumreads
i don't like this because it is taking a general principle and trying to pigeonhole it into a place where it doesn't belong. i had scumreads on d0, so i don't think it makes any sense for May to believe that i would be uncomfortable faking them.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:21 pm

Post by Moros »

i think Black is town, i think implosion is probably town, and i want to vote between May and tired person.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:26 pm

Post by Moros »

In post 1132, implosion wrote:
In post 965, Moros wrote: coalition failing makes me think i was on the wrong path. i am worried about implosion because i think that he had the least drive to secure a winning coalition, or care about the details of it. it feels more like he didn't want things to be disrupted. i think he makes sense as a partner to aventurine, who also didn't want things to be disrupted.
This is the only time since coalition that Moros has given a concrete opinion on any player, and it has since said it doesn't know if it agrees with this anymore. So in effect Moros has given 0 information about the current state of its reads.

Rereading with a fresh mind today is all well and good if it happens. There's a point at which there needs to be something concrete. I have at many times not found anyone on the coalition, or even in the whole game, actively scummy - but I can still weigh the different reasons I have for townreading people. It's a new phase of the game, and there's new opportunities to read people off of new content and to commit to new stances in light of new information. Committing to stances is pro-town, even if you have low confidence in those stances, which you can always be explicit about, because it will give us more stuff to analyze come late game.
you're right, of course. i'm sorry. i'll try to share more of my thoughts.
Moros
Moros
it/its
Goon
Moros
it/its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by Moros »

i think DArby is my favorite replacement catchup by far. they feel like they have the goal of solving the game and getting their own reads across, and not anything more. it's efficient and straightforward. i think it feels very town-motivated.
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:38 pm

Post by May »

I'm bored and want a flip but at the same time I don't think speed running phases is ideal.

Having people out of coalition makes the game weird because it means you want them on record about the game so they are easier to solve later, but at the same time you don't like naturally have this native desire to hear from them as thought they're in play
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by May »

In post 1140, implosion wrote: I wrote a bunch of paragraphs after this but decided not to say them because they're rambling.

May, has anything in particular made you go from "we don't need to hammer implosion with 8 days left" to "i kinda want a flip" when we still have basically 7 days left, and there are several slots who haven't contributed content including one on-coalition who you describe as afk this phase?

Isn't it like. Good to not let people on coalition be afk this phase???
I went from rank 11 to 2,367 in marvel snap
May
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
May
She | No they/etc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2024 4:43 pm

Post by May »