Micro 998 | The Binding of Isaac Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:11 am

Post by Not Chara »

Votecount 2.6

Flea The Magician (3)
: Ydrasse, Farkran, Costello
Costello (2)
: madeline, Flea The Magician
Hectic (1)
: bugspray
Ydrasse (0)
:
Farkran (0)
:
madeline (0)
:
bugspray (0)
:

Not Voting:
Hectic

With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to reach an elimination.

Ydrasse is V/LA until the 6th.

Day 2 will end in (expired on 2021-03-07 20:34:25).
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:03 am

Post by madeline »

In post 1123, Farkran wrote:@madeline and flea, what is the theory for Costello being scum?

I mean i read you saying that all the things happened are very convenient for him (access to PT, catboi dead, etc) but could you tell me the actual chances that scum get instavoted d1 into a redirect on his partner, without any knowledge of other PRs around (could have been a cop for all we know), hoping to survive 3 more miselims while at the same time explaining how he isn't nked until end of game?

As i said, this is worth losing the game to, costello is immediately awarded the title of best scum to have ever existed
if an rvs wagon on mafia is hammered it's far more likely than random that the hammerer is mafia, and that doesn't seem wholly dissimilar to costello shooting gamma emerald here

costello hammered himself? and knew about the redirect? so that doesn't involve too much chance,

does this play seem like it would be out of character for costello to you?

and the way costello has set up the gameplan going forward allows for non-costello {bugspray, hectic, farkran} nightkills to be easily explained

like i don't see how 'best scum ever' would simply be 'killed my partner day 1 and everyone assumed i was town'
something is not right
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:03 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1123, Farkran wrote:@madeline and flea, what is the theory for Costello being scum?

I mean i read you saying that all the things happened are very convenient for him (access to PT, catboi dead, etc) but could you tell me the actual chances that scum get instavoted d1 into a redirect on his partner, without any knowledge of other PRs around (could have been a cop for all we know), hoping to survive 3 more miselims while at the same time explaining how he isn't nked until end of game?

As i said, this is worth losing the game to, costello is immediately awarded the title of best scum to have ever existed
Ding ding ding, I know I have to survive 3 miselims while justifying staying alive and dodging mechanical autoloss the entire time.

I'm a strong scum, I haven't lost in over 4 years, but this comes from my philosophy of curbing any sort of risk whatsoever and playing the game like I'm an insurance adjuster, not from yoloshooting my partner Day 1 and being like "haha town will never see this coming i'm so smart XD", because that's ridiculously fucking stupid
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

costello, would you put on this much ate as scum? obvi you’re going to tell me yes if you’re scum but like... ya know, have to ask.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1126, madeline wrote:and the way costello has set up the gameplan going forward allows for non-costello {bugspray, hectic, farkran} nightkills to be easily explained
The fact that the gameplan has allowed for mechanical clears that are justifiable shots over me does not mean that I set the game up to be that way, the mechanical setup of the game is the one that compelled this. I did not give bugspray bodyguard and I did not give Farkran PT cop or have him select Hectic overnight.

Please suggest a gameplan that makes sense for Costello-town that does not incorporate these mechanical solutions/clears.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:06 am

Post by Ydrasse »

err, tell me no, rather.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:07 am

Post by Ydrasse »

right now i think we should uhhhh. handwave mechanics frankly. they’re useful but we spent like half the day on a plan it feels like that ultimately means nothing and i’m kinda sick of talking about them LMAO
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1128, Ydrasse wrote:costello, would you put on this much ate as scum? obvi you’re going to tell me yes if you’re scum but like... ya know, have to ask.
AtE as a concept? Absolutely

Situationally? It waits strategically for the game to get higher pressure: You want to ramp up as the game goes on due to recency bias, rather than pull out all the stops Day 2 and have nothing new to offer on Day 4.

I had nothing to win from my discussion with madeline as scum.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:10 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i guess that that frustration would be hard to fake/sustain over the course of day phases which like, i think our plan allowed you to live through barring nightkills (but since this is scum theoretical, yeah, etc)

hum
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:11 am

Post by bugspray »

VOTE: costello
like we just yeet you today and then the game is easier if it continues because our water supply is something other than this fucking poisoned wine
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:12 am

Post by Costello »

It's less that it's hard to sustain, the issue is that it becomes less effective the more you see it.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:14 am

Post by bugspray »

we shoudl just treate this as fucking mountainous because there's very few situations where ngiht actions will benefit scum mroe than town
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Costello »

I really want to selfvote and just say "If you dumb motherfuckers insist" but I'll let Hectic just hammer Flea. I'll consider selfvoting Day 2 but today it is stupid.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:14 am

Post by Costello »

Day 3*
madeline
madeline
Goon
madeline
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:15 am

Post by madeline »

or ydrasse could hammer costello you can feel the wheels turning
something is not right
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:19 am

Post by Costello »

At the risk of being performative, this is taking all of my selfrestraint.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:21 am

Post by Costello »

Ydrasse I'm just saying if you do it it's not gamethrowing.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:22 am

Post by Costello »

It's you helping town gain valuable, valuable information and getting rid of a player with a negative attitude in the process!
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:27 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1136, bugspray wrote:we shoudl just treate this as fucking mountainous because there's very few situations where ngiht actions will benefit scum mroe than town
Congratulations! You are now where every other player has been for the majority of the day!

Perhaps, with this new revelation that you should qualitatively solve in mind, you should try reading the game, thinking deeply, and openly discussing your reads!
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:42 am

Post by Costello »

Alternatively, it is my solely my fault you have done nothing but ask Farkran "Are you traffic analyst?" for 5 irl days, and with me removed you will finally be able to overcome this immense obstacle.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:10 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Without even reading all this since my last post.. I'm going to take a guess there's a lot of AtE and "yeah but!" in there.

I had no interest in costello initially, but you cannot tell me on any planet that a town player reacts THIS BADLY to a random ass vote from nowhere.

Gamma Siteflaked, (I hope hes ok :( ) and its an amazing oppotunity to get some bonus towncred and a big orbs play, which I stand by that is a FREAKING amazing play if it was the case.

As far as I know, I'm still todays dish of the day, waiting to be served by the Dark Bum himself, Hectic and I've fully made my peace with this because I'm 100% town gain information from my flip.

Madeline has no damn reason at all to cause this big a wave and honestly, 10/10 for out the box thinking.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Costello »

To be clear: I am not playing well if I am mafia. That does not strictly mean that I am town.

If you ever powerbus Day 1 in a closed 2:7 setup, you are not playing the game well, you are doing the equivalent of buying a $5 scratchoff lottery ticket and saying "I'm so smart for buying this!" when you win $8 back. If you are looking at this and saying "I should try this next time I am scum!" please do not do so.
Costello
Costello
Goon
Costello
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:27 am

Post by Costello »

In post 1129, Costello wrote:
In post 1126, madeline wrote:and the way costello has set up the gameplan going forward allows for non-costello {bugspray, hectic, farkran} nightkills to be easily explained
The fact that the gameplan has allowed for mechanical clears that are justifiable shots over me does not mean that I set the game up to be that way, the mechanical setup of the game is the one that compelled this. I did not give bugspray bodyguard and I did not give Farkran PT cop or have him select Hectic overnight.

Please suggest a gameplan that makes sense for Costello-town that does not incorporate these mechanical solutions/clears.
Still very interested in what specifically the difference is between "Costello-scum who happens to have roles/night actions distributed favorably" and "Costello-town who sees role/night action distribution and tells the PT cop to investigate someone useful" is

Maybe my second scum power was making Farkran a PT cop, third one a mind control device to put him on Hectic, fourth to designate bugspray as a bodyguard, unclear.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:45 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1126, madeline wrote:

if an rvs wagon on mafia is hammered it's far more likely than random that the hammerer is mafia, and that doesn't seem wholly dissimilar to costello shooting gamma emerald here

costello hammered himself? and knew about the redirect? so that doesn't involve too much chance,

does this play seem like it would be out of character for costello to you?

and the way costello has set up the gameplan going forward allows for non-costello {bugspray, hectic, farkran} nightkills to be easily explained

like i don't see how 'best scum ever' would simply be 'killed my partner day 1 and everyone assumed i was town'
It's not just that he DID it, but the fact that he was ABLE to do it.

Scum must have had the perfect roles, get voted in rvs by town only (well except costello himself who was the hammer), know beforehand that a role similar to pt cop existed in order to fakeclaim the raven hood with catboi, who then, sure, conveniently died, but there could have been a bulletproof or doctor or bg in play that must ALSO have been known beforehand because you don't risk the entire game on a ballsy play like that when the chances that a log gets in your wheels are so incredibly high

You must have planned it in advance, but rather this all happened within less than 24 hours into d1.

Let's get serious.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:52 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 1134, bugspray wrote:VOTE: costello
like we just yeet you today and then the game is easier if it continues because our water supply is something other than this fucking poisoned wine
Also to be honest i can see scum!bug after this, but that's a topic for another day

If bug is a town bg he isn't going to get to elo3 no matter what
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”