Mini 1568: Another Awesome Alliteration Adventure (over)

N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:25 am

Post by N »

alpha
noun
1. the first letter of the greek alphabet (A, α).
2. the vowel sound represented by this letter.
3. the first; beginning.
( initial capital letter ) Astronomy .
used to designate the brightest star in a constellation.
Chemistry .
one of two or more isomeric compounds.

Vote Count 5.07
toolenduso
(0)
fferyllt
(0)
T S O
(1)
Riptide
Riptide
(1)
T S O
Egg
(0)

Not Voting
(3) toolenduso, fferyllt, Egg

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-06-22 02:55:21)
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:03 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1110, Riptide wrote:So remember when I asked for TSO's meta? I didn't just leave it there. I decided to take a quick skim over it and found a few interesting notes.

1) Votes - In 3 out of the 5 games, TSO died early. Even considering that, TSO has more votes in each town game than in this one. Voting is one of the most useful tools to townies and this game TSO has been quite conservative with his vote. Why would Town do that?
IME T S O sometimes tunnels, and if he gets into that mode, his voting is quite different from games where he doesn't tunnel. I've seen him tunnel more often than not in games.
2) Early death - This isn't that strong of a tell, but TSO is viewed as a very strong player, so much so, he was nightkilled night 1 in two of his meta games and night killed night 2 in one of them. With the super strong start that TSO had, you would think he would be a prime target for scum, but somehow he hasn't been night killed yet. You can argue how this is WIFOM, and I guess this is in some ways, but TSO not dying was something that was bugging me earlier on in this game as well.
My game experience with him also contradicts this meta. In games where he didn't get replaced, he was lynched day 1 (Newbie 1436), vengekilled day 4 by the player he'd tunneled all game prior to that (red wine large theme), and survived all 487 days (the FEA large theme). Townie survival rates are usually pretty dependent on what the player list as a whole looks like.

Thought I had one more point, but I can't really remember it atm.

Also, those associative tells are super weak. You should try to make up something better, TSO-scum.

- Dice[/quote]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Egg »

1110 is a pretty weak case.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:08 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1110, Riptide wrote:1) Votes - In 3 out of the 5 games, TSO died early. Even considering that, TSO has more votes in each town game than in this one. Voting is one of the most useful tools to townies and this game TSO has been quite conservative with his vote. Why would Town do that?
This is a decent point and something that kinda bugged me about him. That said, TSO provided a counter-example, and this isn't exactly a knock-out piece of evidence. If there were several more little pieces of evidence like this then maybe I would reconsider, but when I weigh this against the rest of my research and my thoughts on the game, it's not enough to make me change my mind.
In post 1110, Riptide wrote:2) Early death - This isn't that strong of a tell, but TSO is viewed as a very strong player, so much so, he was nightkilled night 1 in two of his meta games and night killed night 2 in one of them. With the super strong start that TSO had, you would think he would be a prime target for scum, but somehow he hasn't been night killed yet. You can argue how this is WIFOM, and I guess this is in some ways, but TSO not dying was something that was bugging me earlier on in this game as well.
I don't think this really means anything. I pretty much agree with what ffery said about why players die early -- it's really dependent on the game. In some town games I've been killed N1 and in some I've been left alive until LyLo. In the case of TSO in this game, I don't know why scum would have wanted to kill him; he was one of the biggest drivers of the D1 mislynch and I do think it's fairly likely they have an investigative role because of the number of PRs they've NKed, so it makes sense that after the first day or two their kills would be driven by investigation results rather than who they thought looked towny or who they were worried would call them out.

In the game I played with TSO where I was scum and he was town (Guyett's Paranoid Geology Trip), the scumteam was wary of him pre-game but he actually became a pretty alluring mislynch target and he got lynched D2.

So, this point doesn't really influence me.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:55 pm

Post by T S O »

I feel the need to point out my mislynch was primarily idiot-driven and I had been putting in no effort that game.

justsaying
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:15 am

Post by T S O »

Well, I went back and re-read that game, and I now feel like throttling PinkMittens with my bare hands.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:16 am

Post by T S O »

in other news, indecisiveness is out, decisiveness is in.
-Marquis
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Riptide »

@Mod - I'm sorry to inform you that I am going to be very busy for the next few weeks, and I feel like I owe it to the town to finish up this game. I'm going to talk to HS, and if he can't maintain a good enough level activity, then please replace this slot. I'm sorry you have to do this so late in the game, but with the long downtime for the site, I didn't factor in my vacation.

Good luck to all players left in this game. I hope you have fun and make wise decisions. :)

- Dice
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by fferyllt »

I fly out tonight. I am bristling with laptop, tablet, smartphone and tin cans with string. I've downloaded the thread to my laptop and to my google drive and if I can't sleep on the plane tonight I'll be working on this game.

I plan to vote sometime tomorrow.

@N, I'm semi V/LA and I don't know precisely when I'll be back to normal posting.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Riptide »

:( fuck. This will be interesting for sure. And Egg, OF COURSE IM SAYING THATSXWHAT HES DOING.
Why would I just randomly say that? Why?
-------------------------
In post 1106, T S O wrote:
In post 1104, Riptide wrote:
In post 1093, HighShroomish wrote:Nope. Nope. Nopenopenope. Not happening. In Hunger Games, Kirby, ironically, was scum. I did things that could be seen as being scummy. Heused those and basically just brushed off everything I said with "You're scum so of course you'd say that." Kirby was scum. His only arguements were really "Well scum would obviously say that, he's flailing." I'm not gonna let this happen to me again. Parallelism FTW.
"I looked scummy there, and I look scummy here, but I was scum there and I'm not here, therefore TSO is scum!"
Umm... What. I *looked* scummy in both situations. I wasn't scum there. Dice was, yes, but I wasn't. Yes, you are scum.
Aside from the fact you're confscum, you promised content and never delivered, you have significant associatives to Jargo which I lack, you've looked like scum all game, etc. etc. etc.
Aside from the fact that I actually did NOT promise anything, I missed where you pointed out said associative tells, which I can't say if you do or do not lack because I think they're rather stupid and don't use them, and you're whole D2 was a fucking pity-party after your strong D1 and you were saying it was because your strongest scum read was town. And then it took Dice and I to wake you up after telling you IT HAPPENS ALL THE FUCKING TIME. There was no reason for it at all. That along with what you've been doing this game day is (mostly) why I think you're scum.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:41 am

Post by N »

allergy
noun
1. an abnormal reaction of the body to a previously encountered allergen introduced by inhalation, ingestion, injection, or skin contact, often manifested by itchy eyes, runny nose, wheezing, skin rash, or diarrhea.
2. hypersensitivity to the reintroduction of an allergen. Compare anaphylaxis.
Informal.
a strong dislike or aversion, as toward a person or activity:
He has an allergy to hard work.

Vote Count 5.08
toolenduso
(0)
fferyllt
(0)
T S O
(1)
Riptide
Riptide
(1)
T S O
Egg
(0)

Not Voting
(3) toolenduso, fferyllt, Egg

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-06-22 02:55:21)

V/LA:
Riptide, fferyllt
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by toolenduso »

Well I guess we're not getting that analysis from Dice.

Shroomish, are you still planning on posting research? And are you staying in the game?
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Post by N »

Prodding Egg
GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Post by Riptide »

In post 1136, toolenduso wrote:Well I guess we're not getting that analysis from Dice.

Shroomish, are you still planning on posting research? And are you staying in the game?
Dude... I... Ugh... Let's just go with no.
Yes. I'm still in this thing.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:02 am

Post by Egg »

Ow.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:07 am

Post by T S O »

if you want to ask me questions, Egg, go ahead, but if not, just hammer Riptide so we can bring this fucker to LyLo.
-Marquis
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Riptide »

And how exactly would he hammer me, seeing as how there's only one vote on me?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:32 am

Post by T S O »

bam refuted boom bitches

I have to admire your halfway house between "I don't want to give away associatives with my partner, I should be careful" and "maybe I should kinda put up a fight and maaaaybe somehow mislynch TSO", it takes patience - but it's not gonna work.
-Marquis
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:40 am

Post by Riptide »

How did you come up with the first part? And the second part- I'm only kinda trying? Ha funny. I'm still waiting on those associative tells I /Dice had with Jargo.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:44 am

Post by T S O »

you're not really tooth-and-nail fighting, it's that simple.

If I was in your position, I'd KNOW that Town were going to lose on my lynch, and I would claw for my survival.

You barely even care. You feel obliged to object, but not strongly and not with passion.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:45 am

Post by T S O »

As for the second half. Read the damn game. Do that much.
-Marquis
Riptide
Riptide
Goon
Riptide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:11 am

Post by Riptide »

In post 67, Jargonaut wrote:
TSO is making me uncomfortable. I don't know much about how he usually plays, but I had a game with him a little while back where he used a similar sort of hyper aggression as scum. These posts in particular stand out to me:
In post 34, T S O wrote:Hang this, thanks.
When she flips scum I'm conftown, by the way.
In post 56, T S O wrote:Well, it's a textbook scum response, because it's really vague with no specifics, but its grandeur suggests I have been roaring to all the players since I came in about my incredible amount of
swagger
towniness. The only problem is I haven't.
VOTE: TSO. Why are you trying so hard to look town?
This looks like an early and weak by Jargo on TSO.
and seem like weird pseudo-defense of TSO/Defending his TSO vote.

Now those are some pretty damn significant associative tells, aren't they.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:36 am

Post by toolenduso »

Egg, what are your thoughts right now?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:21 am

Post by T S O »

In post 1146, Riptide wrote:
In post 67, Jargonaut wrote:
TSO is making me uncomfortable. I don't know much about how he usually plays, but I had a game with him a little while back where he used a similar sort of hyper aggression as scum. These posts in particular stand out to me:
In post 34, T S O wrote:Hang this, thanks.
When she flips scum I'm conftown, by the way.
In post 56, T S O wrote:Well, it's a textbook scum response, because it's really vague with no specifics, but its grandeur suggests I have been roaring to all the players since I came in about my incredible amount of
swagger
towniness. The only problem is I haven't.
VOTE: TSO. Why are you trying so hard to look town?
This looks like an early and weak by Jargo on TSO.
and seem like weird pseudo-defense of TSO/Defending his TSO vote.

Now those are some pretty damn significant associative tells, aren't they.
no, they're rubbish.
-Marquis
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:26 am

Post by Egg »

Tool, I'm more interested in your thoughts than you should be in mine. But things haven't changed since my last stretch of posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”