Batman: Arkham City - Arkham City is... Saved?

Staeg
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Staeg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Staeg »

Yeah, it was from one of your catch-up walls. I can prolly fetch it from my ISO if you need it.
sa vrede?
Killjoy
Killjoy
Goon
Killjoy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Killjoy »

SK. The baseless fence sit charge might have more emphasis if it came from an involved player.
I only play mafia during the week days.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:56 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Nice attempt to discredit a legitimate point.
To be clear: quack
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:55 am

Post by chkflip »

Holy super-behind-after-V/LA, Batman! I'm super behind!

Catching up.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:57 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

Did chkflip just soft-claim Robin?!

I kid, I kid. :P
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
The Mask
The Mask
Goon
The Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:00 am

Post by The Mask »

7 more days.

I was dreaming that DTM recruited Killjoy overnight. Ain't that strange.

*twiddles thumbs*
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

In post 1114, VisceraEyes wrote:Yeah.

VOTE: JedoTheJedi

Because he doesn't really think I'm scum. He's just voting me because I'm the flavor of the hour. This guy is scum and he's getting a free pass based on people knowing who he is. I fight this battle in every game I'm in...people voting with vets just because groupie bitches want recognition from the vets.

HEY GROUPIE BITCHES! JEDO IS SCUM! PROBABLY MATIAS TOO!
VisceraEyes wrote:Jedo on the other hand. Jedo has been clinging to this suspicion of me since the beginning of the day...and based on what? Oh that's right...he's got "meta" on me...retarded meta from a ridiculous game he modded in which I played. Not to mention his waffling on Killjoy's slot yesterday. Not to mention his UTTER lack of content or anything RESEMBLING scumhunting through the majority of the game.

Lost my post...Bullet points!
- I've thought you were scum since early on yesterday. I named you as one of my top 4 suspects.
- I'm not actually a vet on this site, contrary to my join date. I've only actually played here for the past year.
- My vote is not based on meta. I only said I had meta I could use if necessary.
- I have never waffled on Kill. He's been my top suspect since my 6th post of the game.
- Show my lack of content or scumhunting. I've done the dirty grub work here. I've given my reads and said why I have them (mostly).

Flail harder, VE. I dare you. I bet you can't.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

"Mafia is defined as an informed minority vs. an uninformed majority."

V/LA weekends. Posts then are the exception rather than the rule.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Matias »

In post 1124, singersigner wrote:I just realized something.

Why did Staeg say I was "still" town...did I miss where his original town read on me went? I didn't get vibes from him D1 that he thought so. Why the sudden change?

@Matias...what was the first thing Viscera tried to "cling onto" that was really weak?

In post 781, VisceraEyes wrote:Anyone wanna bet that scum's NK was taken up with that day kill?

VE wrote:Matias, what about my play strikes you as 'scummy' if I may ask? I mean, you seem pretty certain, surely you have some VERY compelling evidence to support your suspicion, yes? I mean, if you actually thought I was scum surely what I say about Jedo wouldn't matter, right? Surely I'm just scum fake-scumhunting in saying that Jedo is scum, yes? How about you put your vote on one of these 'more scummy people'? I'll admit my first post of this day was questionable, but it's certainly not damning enough to LYNCH me based upon it, and that's LITERALLY the only thing I think has been 'scummy' about my play.

I'll make a case. but just in case I dont have to, it has a lot to do with you not committing to a single fucking thing all game, namely votes and reads
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Matias wrote:I'll make a case. but just in case I dont have to, it has a lot to do with you not committing to a single fucking thing all game, namely votes and reads

Agreed. A quick jaunt through his ISO shows he has accused 7 different people of being scum, and changed his vote a total of 12 times. Now, my math may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure there cannot be 7 scum in this game. It's also interesting that he takes time to build cases on people (The Mask is the best example), only to let it fall by the wayside when no one else picks it up.

I go back to my fail comment from early yesterday, only I'll be sure not to add "town at the least" on the end of it so he doesn't get the notion I believe him to be town.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:55 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

VisceraEyes (6): Empking, Jedo the Jed, SleepyKrew, The Mask, Nero Cain, Matias
Killjoy (0): chkflip
jasonT1981 (4): Killjoy, singersigner, scooby, Hiraki
Hiraki (1): Porochaz
scooby (1): Staeg
Chimaria (1): DTMaster
Staeg (1): jasonT1981
Jedo the Jedi (1): VisceraEyes

Not voting: Chimaira, whispersilk

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.
Deadline is in (expired on 2011-12-06 17:00:00).
green shirt thursdays
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Yes well, large games intimidate me. Part of why I joined this game was to get over that. What you're accusing me of is unsureness, which I've stated very plainly is the case a few times. But yeah, sure. Lynch a townie for being uninformed. That's like...yeah. Good job guys.

Thing is, only you guys who are voting me now (and Staeg) are likely to vote for me at the end of the day. Know why? Because it's clear to everyone else that I'm at least TRYING to find scum. Yes, I've been changing votes. Being unsure is suddenly a scum-tell huh? Nice! I wonder what they'll come up with next.

Bring on the case I guess...I can't defend myself against the accusations presently at bar (being unsure of who scum is and votes reflecting that, reads changing over time, etc)

I
will
say however that my votes yesterday were VERY consistent with my reads...I changed to Killjoy in the eleventh hour to try and make a lynch happen (on someone I'd stated I had suspicion on no less!) Today has been a clusterfuck of nonsense and has provided almost NO content - a lot of Staeg asking people to answer a question, which
I
personally answered but received no response. A lot of bickering about why Killjoy is unvotable. A lot of NOTHING...and you two are just as guilty of what you're accusing me of as I am...so don't come at me with nothing but 'noncommittal reads/votes' because you're BOTH guilty of the same shit.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

I...don't like what Jedo just said...

I...also don't like how Viscera just reacted.

*twitches*
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by Matias »

VE wrote:Yes well, large games intimidate me. Part of why I joined this game was to get over that. What you're accusing me of is unsureness, which I've stated very plainly is the case a few times. But yeah, sure. Lynch a townie for being uninformed. That's like...yeah. Good job guys.

nah, i want to take the cryptic route like staeg did and see if you can find how scummy your play is.

that was a cool strawman there bro! I totally mentioned everything about how you were unsure and nothing about how you didn't commit to a single read!

singer, vote this clown.
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

What didn't you like about my reaction SS? His case is literally "You're scum because you don't know who to vote for! Also your reads are inconsistent!" In this game, so far, EVERYONE has seemed scummy to a certain extent based on some of the stuff that's gone on. I'm trying to filter out what's ACTUALLY scummy and what's only PERCEIVED as scummy...and it's fucking hard. I feel like Jedo is scummy because of his ridiculously low lack of content and his need to kill me for a reason he can apply to literally ANYONE IN THE GAME.

UGH

Anyway, when I'm not at work (or when I'm not as busy AT work) I'll make my case. It shouldn't take long - he's barely posted comparatively speaking (unless we're comparing to...say...SK or Empking.)

PEdit:
Oh cool, without a case I don't have to defend myself. Thx bro! As far as the strawman, explain to me how you're not accusing me of 'my reads changing/evolving over time' if you please. I'm still suspicious of Killjoy, but we can't vote that guy. I'm still suspicious of SK, but no one wants to vote him for whatever retarded reason. Srsly, explain how I'm not 'committing to my reads'. I don't get it.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Post by Matias »

because every time someone presents a lick of evidence about how you could be wrong, you back down.
My GTKAS
My old account
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Which one, singer? I'm guessing the one about the ISO of his votes. My only point there (which I'm about to address more specifically below) is that he's been all over the place.

In post 1135, VisceraEyes wrote:Yes well, large games intimidate me. Part of why I joined this game was to get over that. What you're accusing me of is unsureness, which I've stated very plainly is the case a few times. But yeah, sure. Lynch a townie for being uninformed. That's like...yeah. Good job guys.

Thing is, only you guys who are voting me now (and Staeg) are likely to vote for me at the end of the day. Know why? Because it's clear to everyone else that I'm at least TRYING to find scum. Yes, I've been changing votes. Being unsure is suddenly a scum-tell huh? Nice! I wonder what they'll come up with next.

Bring on the case I guess...I can't defend myself against the accusations presently at bar (being unsure of who scum is and votes reflecting that, reads changing over time, etc)

I
will
say however that my votes yesterday were VERY consistent with my reads...I changed to Killjoy in the eleventh hour to try and make a lynch happen (on someone I'd stated I had suspicion on no less!) Today has been a clusterfuck of nonsense and has provided almost NO content - a lot of Staeg asking people to answer a question, which
I
personally answered but received no response. A lot of bickering about why Killjoy is unvotable. A lot of NOTHING...and you two are just as guilty of what you're accusing me of as I am...so don't come at me with nothing but 'noncommittal reads/votes' because you're BOTH guilty of the same shit.

I'm not accusing you of unsureness. One can be unsure. What I'm accusing you of is throwing shit to see what sticks. The only ones you went back to were Kill, jason, and Krew. Kill and jason were fine, Krew is just bad. You accuse me of waffling, but you can't decide who is scummy enough to stick with? I at least have stayed with my suspicions. You are trying to look like you are trying to find scum. My example was The Mask. You took the time to build a case against him, even mildly defended it for a few posts (maybe 24 hours total), but where is that now? You moved you vote to him today to test the Tree Stump business and say he is your strongest scum read. WTF? It's not right.

Yes, your votes were consistent with your reads, but your reads were all over the place. Almost every person you have voted you have said, "This person is scum! Everybody vote him!" and even appealed to certain players because you were "gonna get them lynched." :roll: I'm not complaining about the Kill switch at the end of yesterday (especially since I would have been accusing people who didn't vote him), but everything else is pretty bad.

I'm guilty of having "noncommittal reads/votes"? Show me.

PEdit: I can't wait to see my lack of content. Please apply my case against you to "anyone in the game." Your reads "changing/evolving over time" is not the same as "not committing to your reads." I'm accusing you of the latter, and I've tried to show how that happens. I agree with Matias' statement.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Hiraki »

That's twice now I believe.

Mod: Is this a mistake?
Reck wrote:Killjoy (0): chkflip
I'm looking at the 0.
whispersilk
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
whispersilk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by whispersilk »

No, it's not. killjoy is unlynchable today.

How could you have missed that?
"That whisper is quite dangerous. She has been correct 100% of the time. Mime vig, scum vig, and now scum lynch. I've never seen such perfect accuracy before o_o. Enemy or not, I tip my hat to her. Her skillz are in the mad category." - hahonryuu, Paris Mafia 3
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:53 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

The truth is, I accept that many people in this game are better than I am. THIS is why I back down when people present evidence that I could be wrong...because I hadn't thought of these things and I'm willing to admit that I can be wrong. Want some more evidence?

UNVOTE: Jedo the Jedi

I'm not even going to bother trying to build a case on you Jedo. I still think you're scum, but you're better at arguing than I am and I'm not going to be able to get you lynched. At this point, I don't even care if I get lynched...because this game is a clusterfuck. I'm town, and with so many other townies, the loss of one indecisive non-entity in the game is no big loss. But you're wrong in calling me scum for the reasons you're citing...both of you. I'm just patently bad at this game. Ask anyone. So you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to vote for jasonT and go back to square one and reread. 46 pages...no big deal.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

VOTE: jasonT1981

Whoops!
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Hiraki »

In post 1142, whispersilk wrote:No, it's not. killjoy is unlynchable today.

How could you have missed that?
BECAUSE I MISS THESE THINGS.

STOP MAKING ME FEEL STUPID.

EVERYONE.

AGJKJSJNKGJKNASJNKGJNKGS
Jedo the Jedi
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Jedo the Jedi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Jedo the Jedi »

Here's the problem with that, VE: you don't have to be good at arguing. That's a misnomer that should probably be countered in the n00b games here. Yes, it helps and sometimes people go along with those who have better rhetoric, but all you have to do is clearly state why you believe what you do. If you have fallacious logic within your own stance, that will be pointed out, but if you are internally consistent, just stick to your guns. You don't know how many times I saw something that nobody else did or could comprehend when I explained it, but I felt I was onto something and I stuck with it. Sometimes I was right and the opponents had to eat their words, but not always.

I guess a good chunk of the issue with how you are playing is it feels very AtE. I'm not that familiar with calling people out on that, but I feel like there are many scum who do that "woe is me" schtick. I don't back down to that. If I let people's emotions control how my voting goes, I'm sunk because I can't tell how serious they are being in a text-based format. *shrug* This feels to me like when I told Kill to take a stand on something, and right after that he plants his vote. Scum doing what they can to blend in more? Ummmm, yes.

So, I think you are scum. I think you have played a certain way, and when people called you out on it you are just using the "woe is me" defense that I don't let slide. If it turns out you are n00b town, then I'm sorry and take this chance to see the things people called out as scummy and minimize them.
Show
Remember
the
!
/29/

VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:31 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

It only feels that way because I know no matter what I say or do at this point, I'm probably gonna get the rope today...not because I'm scummy, but because the only competing wagon is Jason, whom not enough people think are scum to even think of pushing that wagon...not to mention I'm not fully sold on it myself.

So, I'm town. Give me one good reason to put ANY effort into this game moving forward aside from 'lolwinconlol'...because I've played the game the only way I know how up to this point and I'm probably going to hang for it. I don't CARE per se...but I'm not going to pretend that I don't see it that way because it
could
be seen as AtE.

By the way, what in particular 'feels' AtE to you if you don't mind me asking...I've been pretty careful about filtering my emotions out of THIS game in particular because, admittedly, I'm pretty bad about AtE most of the time.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National
Hiraki
Hiraki
Survivor
Hiraki
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Hiraki »

ok
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Hiraki sssshhhhh....the adults are having a civil adult discussion. Don't ruin it plz.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes

Nerd National

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”