Mafia 96 - Murder in Emerald City (Game Over!)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote ckool5000

scummy yesterday. yesterday pulled the "I think you are hostile and scummy for asking me questions" crap without explaining what was hostile. Once pressure backed off. vote changed with the bandwagons. Lurked after dropping hammer on town.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:14 am

Post by iamausername »

-=Vote Count #32=-

Mastin (3) - roflcopter, Xylthixlm, Kublai Khan
roflcopter (2) - Hayker, Kmd4390
VP Baltar (2) - Mastin, Namttam
ckool5000 (2) - VP Baltar, curiouskarmadog
Hayker (1) - Lowell

Not Voting (7) - Achilles, ckool5000, Empking's Alt, Faraday, molestargazer, SerialClergyman, Wickedestjr

9 to lynch.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:38 am

Post by Lowell »

Can somone other than mastin explain the VP case to me? I could be swayed.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:03 am

Post by Faraday »

VP Baltar wrote:
Faraday wrote:I don't think Ckool is mafia with Zazie, she said he was town, but didn't seem too concerned about him getting lynched, perhaps wanting to make herself look good if he came up town? Also note it was her "gut" that told her ckool was town, this leaves loads of wiggle room to switch her opinions.
I disagree with this. Often times scum would say they have a "gut" town read on their partners because they can't really be called for defending them outright. I don't get the first part of what you are saying at all, why would she be pushing for his lynch if she said she had a town read on him?

Neighbors are indeed unconfirmed masons. I'm currently weighing out the pros and cons of Mufasa's neighbor claiming.
I see no pros to Mufasa's neighbour claiming, at this point.

As for the other; I don't think she was pushing his lynch, I'm saying she didn't seem overly bothered by his lynch, and after professing a gut town read on him for a while, HOS'd him quite quickly afterwards. Seemed like she was willing to switch her opinion on him quite quickly, if a wagon formed on him.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:10 am

Post by Faraday »

ckd wrote:t;]
Faraday wrote:
I don't think Ckool is mafia with Zazie, she said he was town, but didn't seem too concerned about him getting lynched, perhaps wanting to make herself look good if he came up town? Also note it was her "gut" that told her ckool was town, this leaves loads of wiggle room to switch her opinions.
interesting comment. I am not sure how you are making this judgment. There are thousands of possibilities as to why someone might do something. To right someone off just because of what you have stated thus far seems off.
Well yeh, there are loads of posibillites as to why someone would do anything. But I thought what I suggested was most likely, given the way it played out. I mean there are loads of posibillites as to why people do everything.

I'm not writing him off, just because of this either, I thought Ckool seemed town based on my previous experience of playing with him.

Also weekend, so I'll have little time to post.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:16 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

roflcopter wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Rofl, more organized version of my case that I found by viewing my own posts:
-lurked
true

-only went after easy targets
false

-predetermined who was votable a little early
your opinion

-Declared Khan town on next to nothing, very early in the game
wrong

-buddies to Khan by giving him and award for "knowing what to do".
wrong

-Wrong on Mastin's vote. He called it OMGUS, not a policy miller vote.
wrong

-Takes the easy Mastin vote, apparently knowing his meta
wrong

-Comment on the NK
what about it

-threatened to vote MM over asking for reasons for your vote
what about it
my comments in bold. this still looks like a lurker hunt when you could be going after mastin, who you've already admitted you find scummy.
Care to elaborate on the points that you didn't say were true?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:25 am

Post by roflcopter »

Wickedestjr wrote:
roflcopter wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:Rofl, more organized version of my case that I found by viewing my own posts:
-lurked
true

-only went after easy targets
false

-predetermined who was votable a little early
your opinion

-Declared Khan town on next to nothing, very early in the game
wrong

-buddies to Khan by giving him and award for "knowing what to do".
wrong

-Wrong on Mastin's vote. He called it OMGUS, not a policy miller vote.
wrong

-Takes the easy Mastin vote, apparently knowing his meta
wrong

-Comment on the NK
what about it

-threatened to vote MM over asking for reasons for your vote
what about it
my comments in bold. this still looks like a lurker hunt when you could be going after mastin, who you've already admitted you find scummy.
Care to elaborate on the points that you didn't say were true?
sure, just pretend those points are numbered

1 is true, i lurked
2 is false, my targets weren't "easy" they were scummy. and you can hardly call going after hayker and mastin easy now that kmd is riding my case about it. almost makes them seem like they're all connected.
3 is completely subjective. "a little early" is a pile of crap when it comes to calling something scummy. it is 100% kmd's opinion, not fact.
4 again with the "early in the game" bullshit. and i didn't declare him town on "next to nothing," i gave a very detailed explanation for why i was declaring him town.
5 kmd seems to be simultaneously arguing that i shouldn't have declared khan town, while saying that i'm buddying to him, an action which would only be scummy if
khan is town
. pick a side ass hat.
6 actually i don't even remember what this one is referring to in particular, but its obviously a backhanded defense of mastin again. mastin was doing exactly what zazie was doing yesterday, going after the claimed miller and ignoring most everything else. look what zazie flipped.
7 again, what about it?
8 again, what about it?

so there you go. now lets all sing kumbaya together while we lynch mastin.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SerialClergyman wrote:it's about time we looked at people like rofl, empking's alt, lowell etc who are coasting without much in the way of suspicion based on meta.
Lowell is getting off because of meta?
roflcopter wrote: sure, just pretend those points are numbered

1 is true, i lurked
2 is false, my targets weren't "easy" they were scummy. and you can hardly call going after hayker and mastin easy now that kmd is riding my case about it. almost makes them seem like they're all connected.
3 is completely subjective. "a little early" is a pile of crap when it comes to calling something scummy. it is 100% kmd's opinion, not fact.
4 again with the "early in the game" bullshit. and i didn't declare him town on "next to nothing," i gave a very detailed explanation for why i was declaring him town.
5 kmd seems to be simultaneously arguing that i shouldn't have declared khan town, while saying that i'm buddying to him, an action which would only be scummy if
khan is town
. pick a side ass hat.
6 actually i don't even remember what this one is referring to in particular, but its obviously a backhanded defense of mastin again. mastin was doing exactly what zazie was doing yesterday, going after the claimed miller and ignoring most everything else. look what zazie flipped.
7 again, what about it?
8 again, what about it?

so there you go. now lets all sing kumbaya together while we lynch mastin.
2-Hayker couldn't be more obvtown, but is newer and bound to slip up a little. Mastin could very well be scum, but he's not exactly a hard case to push. I'll lay off about Mastin though because I do see him as possible scum.
3-people can agree or disagree with opinions, no?
4-Still way too early to say he's gotta be town. And Zazie
would
distance knowing that no one else is agreeing. I
do
think Khan is town, but he is FAR from being confirmed in any way like you are treating him.
5-Or he could be scum, but not with you. Learn the sides "ass hat".
6-But your vote at the time looked more like a playstyle vote.
7-It's scummy
8-It's scummy
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

i have this theory about the game of mafia. the town wins not by identifying all the scum, but by identifying enough town to drown the scum in confirmations. if a large enough proportion of the town agrees on one player being town, the scum are forced to deal with that player in a way they would deal with a cop-cleared player. this is why scum always fight so hard against people agreeing with one another over who is town, and why they will always argue against clearing someone. its like a supertell.
kmd wrote:3-people can agree or disagree with opinions, no?
people are free to disagree, but you listing what is a difference in our opinions as a reason for why i'm scum is foolhardy
kmd wrote:4-Still way too early to say he's gotta be town. And Zazie would distance knowing that no one else is agreeing. I do think Khan is town, but he is FAR from being confirmed in any way like you are treating him.
see the above theory, and again you're using your opinion like its a fact, and like it makes me scummy for not agreeing with you about it
kmd wrote:5-Or he could be scum, but not with you. Learn the sides "ass hat".
he's town.
kmd wrote:6-But your vote at the time looked more like a playstyle vote.
explain please
kmd wrote:7-It's scummy
8-It's scummy
prove please
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:45 am

Post by roflcopter »

just to repeat, if mastin is scum, kmd is scum with him
soi soi soi

Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:49 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

Last night I attempted to read every player in iso, to see what reads I got, unfortunately, I was only able to do this for six players. The first six on the player list. I got two scum reads, and a town read, and the rest were neutral, because I didn't have enough evidence on them yet. I will however, only reveal the town read and one of the scum reads, because I want more information for I post them.

I got a town read from Kmd, most of his opinions are good ones, and he seems to be doing some really productive scum hunting.

I got one of the scum reads from ckool last night though, and Zaz being mafia made me even more sure of this.

I will elaborate more on this hopefully tonight, but I am not making any promises, because I am having people over to my house. Will try to post as much as I can now and then.

@Kmd - Can you explain how you got a scum read from me?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:55 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

When I was reading ckool in iso, I had a few things I wanted to ask him about.
ckool5000 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:
Ckool
, the way you are playing this game, with which of the two previous games of yours can you see the most similarities and why?
Well, I'd say the first game, because I was trying to... trying to... how did lowell say it?... Oh, yeah, trying too hard to be loved by all, and because I kept saying things that later made me want to open mouth, insert foot.

But in the second game, I was more cautious because of what happened in the first...

But yeah, I'd have to say the first.
Are you acting cautiously in this game?

Which game did you act cautiously in, your first, or your second?
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

ckool5000 wrote:Kise, you're starting to seem pretty scummy to me.
I don't remember you ever elaborating on this. Can you show me where you have said why you were suspicious of Kise, or explain now why you were?
-Wickedestjr
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

roflcopter wrote:i have this theory about the game of mafia. the town wins not by identifying all the scum, but by identifying enough town to drown the scum in confirmations. if a large enough proportion of the town agrees on one player being town, the scum are forced to deal with that player in a way they would deal with a cop-cleared player. this is why scum always fight so hard against people agreeing with one another over who is town, and why they will always argue against clearing someone. its like a supertell.
Hmm. I can follow that logic. But the town perspective is that you don't want to "clear" scum, so you do everything you can to question someone being confirmed before you treat them as such.
rofl wrote:
kmd wrote:3-people can agree or disagree with opinions, no?
people are free to disagree, but you listing what is a difference in our opinions as a reason for why i'm scum is foolhardy
Well, scum going after easy targets is a tell. It's opinion who those easy targets are. I happen to think your targets are the easy ones.
rofl wrote:
kmd wrote:4-Still way too early to say he's gotta be town. And Zazie would distance knowing that no one else is agreeing. I do think Khan is town, but he is FAR from being confirmed in any way like you are treating him.
see the above theory, and again you're using your opinion like its a fact, and like it makes me scummy for not agreeing with you about it
No, my opinion is that Khan is town. I just think you're a little quick to "clear" him.
rofl wrote:
kmd wrote:5-Or he could be scum, but not with you. Learn the sides "ass hat".
he's town.
Maybe.
Rofl wrote:
kmd wrote:6-But your vote at the time looked more like a playstyle vote.
explain please
Sure. This was your first post of the game:
roflcopter wrote:kublai khan is town, and wins the common sense award for knowing what to do as a miller

mastin needs a new start-the-game-up gag. mastin has also committed a real scumtell, policy voting the guy who claimed miller in his first post.

vote: mastin
for great justice

whoever killed elvis has earned my eternal ire and i miss her already
Ignoring that you call Khan town immediately and the comment on EK, you voted Mastin. You said he "needs a new start-the-game-up gag" and that he
ALSO
committed a real scumtell. And is he not just disagreeing with your opinion here? I was thinking the vote was due to his playstyle, but I see that I was wrong. My bad.
kmd wrote:7-It's scummy
8-It's scummy
prove please[/quote]

Commenting on the NK is almost a subconscious "I have no idea what happened" after knowing that you (or your buddies) submitted that kill.

Threatening MM wasn't productive at all.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:03 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Wickedestjr wrote: @Kmd - Can you explain how you got a scum read from me?
Gut. I'll push a real case when I have one. Rofl, ckool, and maybe Mastin are all scummier than you.

Also, if Zazie is reading the game, I wouldn't be stealing that post-style. XD
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:06 am

Post by roflcopter »

kmd wrote:Commenting on the NK is almost a subconscious "I have no idea what happened" after knowing that you (or your buddies) submitted that kill.
or its a "someone who was doing something i said all along was scummy (policy voting the claimed miller) turned out to be scum" comment. but confirmation bias seems to be your friend today.
kmd wrote:Threatening MM wasn't productive at all.
and something that turned out to be unproductive is scummy why exactly?
soi soi soi

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:11 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I was referring to the EK kill.

I don't see how you can honestly think it's not scummy to threaten someone to vote how you want. If I were to say "Wicked, I'm voting you if you don't vote rofl in your next post", would that not be scummy?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:17 am

Post by roflcopter »

kmd wrote:I was referring to the EK kill.
then you are seriously reaching for any little thing i've done to call scummy. ek and i have a friendly relationship. i bemoaned the fact that my friend had been killed night zero and i would not get the opportunity to play with her.
kmd wrote:I don't see how you can honestly think it's not scummy to threaten someone to vote how you want. If I were to say "Wicked, I'm voting you if you don't vote rofl in your next post", would that not be scummy?
i don't recall ever trying to badger mafiamann into voting with me, but if i did, he and you and everyone else should grow a pair and get over it.

oh, and you should be voting for mastin. hop on that.
soi soi soi

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

rofl, at this point, do you feel ckool is scum or town?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 am

Post by roflcopter »

VP Baltar wrote:rofl, at this point, do you feel ckool is scum or town?
having just skimmed his contribution, scum. if this mastin wagon doesn't work out i'll switch, but mastin is a higher priority. he's got the rb claim shenanigans that he's continuing to push crap theories based on.
soi soi soi

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:24 am

Post by roflcopter »

yeah mastin and ckool are both probably scum, but mastin is worlds more likely to be a mafia power role
soi soi soi

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I would tend to agree with that theory, but is it worth risking a potential town PR this early in the game?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:31 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Faraday wrote:
ckd wrote:t;]
Faraday wrote:
I don't think Ckool is mafia with Zazie, she said he was town, but didn't seem too concerned about him getting lynched, perhaps wanting to make herself look good if he came up town? Also note it was her "gut" that told her ckool was town, this leaves loads of wiggle room to switch her opinions.
interesting comment. I am not sure how you are making this judgment. There are thousands of possibilities as to why someone might do something. To right someone off just because of what you have stated thus far seems off.
Well yeh, there are loads of posibillites as to why someone would do anything. But I thought what I suggested was most likely, given the way it played out. I mean there are loads of posibillites as to why people do everything.

I'm not writing him off, just because of this either, I thought Ckool seemed town based on my previous experience of playing with him.

Also weekend, so I'll have little time to post.
what is this previous experience?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:32 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

roflcopter wrote:
kmd wrote:I was referring to the EK kill.
then you are seriously reaching for any little thing i've done to call scummy. ek and i have a friendly relationship. i bemoaned the fact that my friend had been killed night zero and i would not get the opportunity to play with her.
Didn't know that.
Rofl wrote:
kmd wrote:I don't see how you can honestly think it's not scummy to threaten someone to vote how you want. If I were to say "Wicked, I'm voting you if you don't vote rofl in your next post", would that not be scummy?
i don't recall ever trying to badger mafiamann into voting with me, but if i did, he and you and everyone else should grow a pair and get over it.
Or you could let townies think for themselves. :roll:
Asshat wrote:oh, and you should be voting for mastin. hop on that.
Why?
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:37 am

Post by roflcopter »

VP Baltar wrote:I would tend to agree with that theory, but is it worth risking a potential town PR this early in the game?
yes. his continued insistence that he's blocked some fantasy fourth kill source both nights means that a) he's almost certainly not town and b) if he is town, he's only going to detrimentally lead us on wild goose chases
kmd wrote:Or you could let townies think for themselves.
i prefer badgering scum into voting for their partners, as i'm attempting to do to you right now.

as for why you should vote mastin, because he's probably scum, as you've also mentioned quite a few times over the course of the last few pages in a sad little attempt to look like you actually suspect him, and because if he is scum he's a scum power role
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”