mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:35 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

To be honest, I skimmed your case against Cesspit, which I will look into in more detail soon. In my read-through, I don't remember having any strong reactions for or against him.

Pooky is just lurking hardcore, much like I was, though his house reference was weird. He needs start posting again, to be sure, but I don't think he's the right way to be looking atm (short of getting him to post).
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:06 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

kk, thnx.
Permanent V/LA.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:26 am

Post by Yaw »

Vote Count:

TheCesspit (5): Mastermind of Sin, Yosarian2, Save The Dragons, Fuldu, mathcam
MrBuddyLee (2): Harry_Potter, Uraj45
mystery meat of doom (1): ibaesha
PookyTheMagicalBear (2): TheCesspit, MrBuddyLee
ibaesha (1): Coron
Harry_Potter (1): spectrumvoid
Mastermind of Sin (1): armlx

Not Voting: mystery meat of doom, PookyTheMagicalBear

8 to lynch

I'll try again with the lurkers. There aren't enough replacements available to just do that to everyone.
Success breeds suspicion
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:52 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

MoS, you demand that I address your accusations of The Cesspit and yet you refuse to touch Pooky despite being asked to address him specifically several times. I hope you realize how scummy that appears.

Please share with us your take on Pooky.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:53 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

you do realize how hypocritical you sound right?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:15 pm

Post by mathcam »

Let's just save Yaw some work and lynch someone already.

Cam
ibaesha
ibaesha
Too Townie
ibaesha
Too Townie
Too Townie

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:48 pm

Post by ibaesha »

I'm not particularly inspired by MMOD's return. It's nice he wants to side with me instead of MBL, but I don't see it as a mark of him being pro-town. Also, adopting the argument against Yos that STD made is plainly silly. I think his deflection away from Pooky is telling as well. Seems to me he's just saying whatever he can to look like he's participating, but really isn't. Happy with my vote.

About TheCesspit: I'm interested in hearing his response to the case against him and although it appears fairly strong, I'm not very much inclined to be trusting MoS right now.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:21 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you do realize how hypocritical you sound right?
You do realize that if you're town you've done less than zero to help win this game? You've been an utter hindrance.

Which is why I'm pretty certain you're scum.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 4:50 pm

Post by Yaw »

TheCesspit has requested replacement (after being away on an unannounced vacation). I'll deal with that tomorrow.
Success breeds suspicion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:30 pm

I GIVE UP!
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:36 pm

MrBuddyLee wrote:MoS, you demand that I address your accusations of The Cesspit and yet you refuse to touch Pooky despite being asked to address him specifically several times. I hope you realize how scummy that appears.

Please share with us your take on Pooky.
Actually, if you had actually read my posts, I've already explained that I think your argument against Pooky is nothing more than an attempt at diversion. You're using his reputation to try and get him lynched, picking him out of a multitude of lurkers. I know that pooky will come through eventually. The fact that he's not posting much only makes him slightly scummier than everyone who is posting, so he's right in line with the rest of the lurkers that you failed to call out. I certainly don't intend to give him leeway for too many more days, but right now I have a lot scummier people to deal with, such as your scumbuddy, TheCesspit.

Ball's in your court, MBL.
Permanent V/LA.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:00 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

FOS: HarryPotter
although I can't really hold it against you. I always say, "I'll do it tommorrow" and then next week I return to the game and find that I've been lynched.

Hmmm.

We could switch it over to Mmod to give the replacement a chance.
On the other hand...45 pages is a lot...if enough people are sure of Cesspit's guilt there's no need for a replacement.

Or we could...i dunno. Those are the two I'd be willing to vote right now.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:14 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I'm gonna read the cesspit's post history without looking at mos's comments, then see how the observations line up. The hyperaggressive way you're pursuing him on what I recall as slight evidence makes me very suspicious, but we'll see.

And you clearly have no interest in addressing the Pooky issue.
MoS wrote:I know that pooky will come through eventually
You take it that he's town on faith? What the fuck is that?
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:18 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

MMOD's last past sounds scummy. So basically he just said that he didn't read through the post carefully, and that's his excuse. I also don't think a 'strong reaction' is needed. I have usually needed to do a reread to get a better read on someone because I generally don't have 'strong reactions' the first time.

FOS: MMOD

Like MBL, I'm also suspicious of why MoS is thinking Pooky is town. Pooky has been around too little for me to get a good read.

FOS: MOS
Blank.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:19 am

He knows i'm not scum cuz I'm too good to lurk as scum

yea.

Are you pursuing me because you want to see me lynched or because you want to see me post?

What are your intentions this game?

What do you think my intentions have been this game?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:32 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

OK, so every time I read this thread I just get more and more pissed.

Why? Because I know there are about ten townies left including me, and for the life of me I can't fathom why they aren't trying to find scum. Here's a rundown, focusing on today (the past 21 days):

armlx -- minimal content but somewhat genuine suspicions of ibby, then cam and MoS.

mystery meat of doom -- after lurking for three months, his analysis is so terribly off base it looks like he spent 30 seconds skimming a 45-page long game. his post is the MS equivalent of asking the governor for a two-day stay of execution.

PookyTheMagicalBear -- I will be FURIOUS if Pooky turns up town this game. He's done absolutely nothing, I repeat, NOTHING pro-town. And smirks when accused of being scum rather than making any kind of legitimate defense. How can a town ignore such bullshit defenses? They can't, and if he's town, all he's done is distract scumhunters rather than help them.

Coron - Disappeared and posted NOTHING for 1 1/2 months, then explode with activity and now has disappeared for another three weeks without a post. Went after Ibby, MoS and mathcam who happened to be the three who kind of led the BJ lynch. Could be a valid observation or the easy "fly under the radar" observation. He claims to like to sit back and figure out who scum is. After disappearing for 1 1/2 months and again for 3 weeks it's hard to believe he's really trying.

Harry_Potter - Only four suspicions this entire game: Bogre, Kurtz, BJ and MBL. Curiously, the votes were 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 3rd on those players, so even though Harry seems like a follower this game, he's been pretty early on the wagons. I could see hapless townie.

TheCesspit - Piddles around with office talk start of day. Owns up to bad vote on BJ. Good point to Coron on Coron's failure to halt the lynch. Then says pretty much nada for three weeks besides a Pooky vote that I can't argue with. Hopped off the BJ lynch yesterday because he didn't like the smell of the wagon, particularly Ibby and Harry.

Uraj45 -- entered the game, made some logical points. Hasn't posted in two weeks. My view of him is tainted because he's still voting me and completely misinterprets my intent in exploding today: he thinks it's to obfuscate when it's actually to light a fire under this town. But his comments to sv and ibby and about Coron are proportional. He has completely avoided probing many of the game's scummiest players, though, which is a major black mark against him.

Fuldu - Spectacularly, the only people Fuldu has expressed suspicion of today have been MBL and Cesspit. With all the mention of other scummy people he's bought none of it and maintained his dogged focus. His last three posts were dedicated to explaining the Columbus Day holiday.

spectrumvoid - Finds pretty much everyone scummy and posts about it. I feel genuine frustration from her about this shitty town. Absolutely positively protown vibes to me, especially when you add on the "Role PM" thingy.

mathcam - last four vote/suspicions: BJ, max, mmod, cesspit. Seems to be looking for a wagon with traction. Shows sound judgment on a few of today's issues but seems to be avoiding other major ones, like the Pooky thing.

Save The Dragons - Replacing Max must suck, starting one foot in the grave. Decent votes but seems to be happy with any lynch, which is weird. Isn't really trying to get the right one.

Yosarian2 - A ton of posts, but a ton of fluff and speculative stuff about offices. His only two major suspicions today have been Max and Cesspit. August 6th, August 24th, September 9th observed that Pooky was lurking but has never followed up on it an ounce. VERY unlike Yos, who is normally intolerant of lurkers from what I've seen. He likes to know people's alignments, and his indifference to Pooky and mmod bothers me. If Yos were town, I'd expect him to be much more pissed off about the state of this game.

ibaesha - Went on an exquisitely omgus rampage after my initial and followup posts probing her. Her 90th post of the game, buddying up to Pooky, the player she just voted for, creeps the hell out of me. And I don't use terms like that lightly because I ordinarily view hyperbole as scumtells. But yeah, I find it really difficult not to see that as a slip, especially considering how scummy Pooky's been this game and considering he had just dumped his load of manure "Dr. House" post on us. After dropping her issue with me for the time being, she's voted mmod and laid the groundwork for a cesspit vote. Meh.

Mastermind of Sin - Yesterday: Calls BJ his play of the day, then calls Cesspit his play of tomorrow for trying to derail the BJ lynch. Then today QUOTES that Cesspit derail of the BJ lynch as EVIDENCE towards a
vote: Cesspit
. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Since then, lots of activity. Dogged focus on Cesspit, except that he's willing to unvote and move over to mmod for a few days, then back to Cesspit after mmod "promises" to post something. And sprinkles some goodies on MBL for absolutely positively being Cesspit's scumbuddy. Protection of Pooky. AND, (this is interesting as hell) after the mislynch of BJ that he helped drive, today his first five posts are about obscure arcana about offices as if he's trying to distract from the mislynch. Expresses no curiosity about whether ibby or cam's push on BJ was genuine. COMPLETELY ignores that BJ mislynch at the outset today.

I'm probably missing one or two, but I'm wagering on the five scum remaining being:

Pooky, MoS, Fuldu, STD
, one of {
ibby
, mmod, cam, uraj, Yos, coron} in that order of suspicion.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:41 am

MrBuddyLee wrote:I'm gonna read the cesspit's post history without looking at mos's comments, then see how the observations line up. The hyperaggressive way you're pursuing him on what I recall as slight evidence makes me very suspicious, but we'll see.

And you clearly have no interest in addressing the Pooky issue.
MoS wrote:I know that pooky will come through eventually
You take it that he's town on faith? What the fuck is that?
If he's town he'll come through, if he's scum he won't. It's certainly not a pressing issue now when I have scum sitting right in front of me.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:43 am

spectrumvoid wrote:MMOD's last past sounds scummy. So basically he just said that he didn't read through the post carefully, and that's his excuse. I also don't think a 'strong reaction' is needed. I have usually needed to do a reread to get a better read on someone because I generally don't have 'strong reactions' the first time.

FOS: MMOD

Like MBL, I'm also suspicious of why MoS is thinking Pooky is town. Pooky has been around too little for me to get a good read.

FOS: MOS
Actually, I'm not thinking that Pooky is town, but I AM thinking that there isn't nearly strong enough evidence to justify going after him when there are much better candidates to pursue. It's certainly worth pressuring him to stop lurking, but that also applies to all the other lurkers that MBL has paid next to no attention to, singling out Pooky just because Pooky is
usually
more prolific. There is no excuse for letting the other lurkers slide by. If you're going to call out one, call out the rest as well.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:30 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Well, look at it this way. If the people who are lurking are say raj, hp or bj and pooky, wouldn't you look at pooky first? So it isn't wrong to point that pooky for abnormal lurking. Also your original post sounds like you clear pooky, but thanks for clarifying.

Pooky: WTF you're too good to lurk as scum?!

I see you didn't read my post carefully too.
spectrumvoid wrote:Like MBL, I'm also suspicious of why MoS is thinking Pooky is town.
Pooky has been around too little for me to get a good read
Duh, I'm pursuing you for lurking.
Blank.
mystery meat of doom
mystery meat of doom
Goon
mystery meat of doom
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:48 am

Post by mystery meat of doom »

ibaesha wrote:Also, adopting the argument against Yos that STD made is plainly silly.
Please, I'm hardly adopting it as an argument, it's merely one small fact that I found interesting. Call it what you will, I could care less.

I don't quite get MBL's "promise". I did promise; I don't see what the quotes are for.
Buy mystery meat.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:35 am

Does someone else want to field MBL's post? I could break it down and show how utterly scummy it is, but I'm tired of having to carry the weight around here. Seriously, MBL and I are the only ones doing anything in this game. I really don't want to have to go through the effort of pointing out everything that's wrong if the only person who's even around to respond to it is MBL, and we all know he's going to disagree anyways, so what's the point in even trying? MBL and I might as well agree to disagree, because our arguments aren't helping anything as long as no one has anything of substance to say about them.
Permanent V/LA.
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:29 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

lmfao, so you disagree with EVERYTHING in my post from start to finish, MoS? I gave my opinions of all 14 people... surely you concur on a few?

The fact that you find the need to blanket disparage me is yet another good reason why you're probably scum, MoS. Town see things in greys, not black and white.

I agree that other people still need to step it up, but god MoS you're looking worse by the minute. Your tapdance on Pooky is getting more amusing with every defense of him you post.

Sad thing is, I have a feeling you'd defend him blindly if you were town too...

Oh, and your claim that I've singled out Pooky amongst the lurkers is absurd. Please recall my attacks on all lurkers yesterday and earlier today, including posts with details on how each lurker differs in their scumminess. Pooky just happens to be the one who, oh I dunno, FABRICATED a complete fake strategy to cover for his lurking. The Dr. House thing is classic Pookyscum, from what I've seen.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:45 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Does someone else want to field MBL's post? I could break it down and show how utterly scummy it is,
O.o

Umm...his post was his take on everyone in the game. I'm not going to sit here and say scum wouldn't do that, but I'm not going to accuse such a post of being scummy when I fail to see what's wrong with it.

If you think MBL is town, don't bother.

If you think he's scum, show it.

I am not convinced, so I won't vote him.

I'm more convinced of either Cesspit or MMoD. I have stated my case against harrypotter, and I fos:pooky to see who would respond, not to fos him. MoS said nothing, which makes me wonder.

I'd be willing to go after Fuldu or Coron. Right now I think the play is Cess or MMoD.

Still, we may need some prods.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:17 am

Well MBL, all u've really done is jump up and down and moan loudly about how pissed you'd be if I was town and contributed as I have, about how I've provided no defense, about how I must be scum.

Why not just answer my questions?

You realize you're not actually asking me anything,

It's like you'd love me to post yet you've made no real request that I can see.

If you're REALLY interested in having me make posts and contribute, you would've actually ASKED me directly what you wanted me to contribute.

Like who I think should be lynched, who I think is innocent, and all sorts of different things you could ask of me to contribute.

Instead all you've done is bitch in an increasingly hysterical manner about how I've contributed nada yada yada yada.

What is your purpose here? To make me post? To make me contribute? If that were so you would have asked questions of me surely? Questions that you would want answered?

But instead all you've done is try to stir up public outrage at what I've done so far this game.

What you have NOT done is address the issue of lurkage, whether you kill me or not, those people who are lurking will continue to lurk and you still will not get any closer to getting actual relevant information on this game.

I've played as scum against lurkers before, it's easy to try to turn a town on the lurker because you need no actual evidence against them, they don't need to do anything scummy, their existence is scummy because there is no information to point either way.

In Werewolves Mafia 38 I got the town to lynch 2 lurkers back to back on the last couple of days based on no guilt whatsoever, I just got them so pissed at the lurkers that they ended up lynching those lurkers tho there was no evidence they were scum at all.

MBL's objective here is not to get rid of the lurking in this game, if that was his goal he'd have actual QUESTIONS for the lurkers to answer, he'd be ASKING them things. Instead all he's said is these people are suspicious for lurking, Pooky should be lynched cuz he's a lurker.

Does lynching all lurkers get rid of lurkers? Yes, it also throws away any chance you have for winning the bloody game since you're operating through with no information. MBL's goal seems to be to throw away lynches based on lurking.

When you examine a player's play, there is one thing that you must understand, the player's
intention
. Why is he playing this way? What is he hoping to accomplish.

MBL's intention is to lynch me, it is not to make me talk, I've given him plenty of time and not once has he actually asked me directly anything that he wants to know from me(i.e. who do i think is suspicious, who do i think is scum, who do i think is innocent, what do you think of player XXX)(this is of course barring that one sarcastic remark he made in response to my House reference which was made after quite some time spent actually trying to get me lynched and I can't really see as a geniune question, it read more like an asasine sarcastic remark)

The intention to lynch a lurker rather than make a lurker talk is more scum in my experience here than protown.

Now what are MY intentions this game? Well first look at what I've done and look at my reputation which surely precedes me. Do you believe I intended to lurk my way through this game as scum and not be called on it?(Such an intention would of course correspond with an expectation of getting away with said act, do you believe I EXPECT to get away with such an act)

I propose to you that I could not possibly expect to get away with such blatant lurking and especially not to somehow sprinkle fairy dust into your eyes and make you forget my existence while two stepping my way to a victory to the tune of a jig.

My intention is twofold, find out who attacks me for lurking(and on the flipside who doesn't attack me for lurking who I would expect to attack me for lurking)

and also to give ample oppurtunity for those who propose my lynch based on lurkage to actually
question
me. This is a separation effect because it separates those who hunt lurkers because they are easy to lynch from those who pressure lurkers to get them to stop lurking.

The player who actually has questions for the lurker to answer and give him no excuse to avoid contributing by making it clear what is expected is typically protown.

The player who appeals to outrage and anger as excuses to lynch a player with no real sense of their guilt, is typically scum.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:20 am

Ironically I think the reason MOS is defending me is because he recognizes the appeal to emotion technique(in particular anger) that you're using to try to lynch me as scummy because I've used it quite a few times against him as scum and it worked like every time :D

hehe *giggles*

good times MoS, good times.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”