Open 490: Donner Party Mafia (Game Over)

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 5:16 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 1097, goodmorning wrote: You may notice that those are the most general actions Scum take at L-1 with intent: shut up or gambit.
You may also notice that I was only applying them to you insofar as I expected you to gambit over shut up at this stage in the game.
You may also notice that I was not attempting to describe your playstyle in any way.

In short: nice try.
You may notice that your whole post was based on confbias that I'm scum.
You may also notice that your general actions scum take is a load of horseshit (catshit?) because categorizing the only actions scum has at L-1 to be lurking or gambiting is a gross oversimplification.
You may finally notice that shutting up isn't part of my playstyle regardless of alignment, so your observation is pointless and irrelevant.

In short: You're still wrong.
Bulbazak wrote:I'm trying to figure out what to do. I feel like this game has gotten out of town control. Personally, I believe that both GM and Syryana are scum and are cross-voting each other to provide distance. After thinking about it, here's what I'm going to do...

Unvote

I have no idea why Otolia is playing the waiting game here. Gut tells me it's because he's SK who doesn't want to be responsible for the wagon if it goes bad. So here's the deal: As I've said, I believe both GM and Syryana are scum, and while I prefer GM, I don't care which we lynch, as it will still be a scum lynch. I'm now taking control of the game and putting the pressure on Otolia, as well as anybody else who is unsure. Whichever wagon reaches 3 first, that will be the one I will give intent to hammer. If no one has decided by 1 hour until the deadline, I will decide for you by voting to give my preferred wagon majority. Come tomorrow, we can analyze the wagons and use that to lynch any remaining scum.
You're seriously going to leave it all in the hands of the man you believe to be the SK? When you think we're in LyLo?

God save this town.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1100, Syryana wrote: You're seriously going to leave it all in the hands of the man you believe to be the SK? When you think we're in LyLo?

God save this town.
SK has every incentive to lynch mafia as well. Like I said, I believe both you and GM are scum, so it doesn't matter to me which one of you we lynch. Feel free to squirm a bit more. It makes me feel confident in my reads.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 6:40 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1099, Bulbazak wrote:I'm trying to figure out what to do. I feel like this game has gotten out of town control. Personally, I believe that both GM and Syryana are scum and are cross-voting each other to provide distance. After thinking about it, here's what I'm going to do...

Unvote

I have no idea why Otolia is playing the waiting game here. Gut tells me it's because he's SK who doesn't want to be responsible for the wagon if it goes bad. So here's the deal: As I've said, I believe both GM and Syryana are scum, and while I prefer GM, I don't care which we lynch, as it will still be a scum lynch. I'm now taking control of the game and putting the pressure on Otolia, as well as anybody else who is unsure. Whichever wagon reaches 3 first, that will be the one I will give intent to hammer. If no one has decided by 1 hour until the deadline, I will decide for you by voting to give my preferred wagon majority. Come tomorrow, we can analyze the wagons and use that to lynch any remaining scum.
That has to be the most retarded thing anyone ever said in this game. I refuse to partake in this. You being a certain read is the best thing that could happen after the catastrophe of yesterday. I don't see why I would allow you to throw that away. I had hope you would do something else than this when I said I was waiting on you. In any case you are forcing my hand :

VOTE: Syryana
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

It forced you to make a decision.

Intent to hammer.

Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Otolia »

In post 1103, Bulbazak wrote:It forced you to make a decision.

Intent to hammer.
All you had to do to make me hammer Syryana was to say : " Hey Otolia, it's interesting that you are questioning yourself but you are going nowhere. So you have to choose now. "

It was that easy. My choice was made a long time ago, I only postponed it to see if I could make more sense of the remaining players alignment. Syryana didn't help his case in the mean time.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Post by Syryana »

Like you would have done anything other than vote me today, Otolia. You're full of shit.

And I hope you're scum Bulba. Because if you're town, that's seriously the dumbest shit I've ever seen you do.

Just hammer already.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Vote Syryana

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Post by Syryana »

Congratulations, you just lynched a VT! Well done!
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 2:50 am

Post by Otolia »

In post 1105, Syryana wrote:Like you would have done anything other than vote me today, Otolia. You're full of shit.
I wouldn't probably have. I don't know how you got the idea I would have.
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2013 5:32 am

Post by Zaicon »

Final Vote Count - Day 3

:right:
Syryana (4)
: Malakittens, goodmorning, Otolia, Bulbazak
goodmorning (2)
: Syryana, fferyllt

No Vote (0)

Syryana,
Vanilla Townie
, has been lynched!

It is now Night 3. Deadline is Wednesday, May 15 at 11:30am CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-05-15 11:30:00).
Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:29 am

Post by Zaicon »

goodmorning has gone missing Night 3.
Otolia has gone missing Night 3.

►►Day 4◄◄

Vote Count 4.0

No Vote (3)
: Bulbazak, fferyllt, Malakittens

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, May 29 at 11:30am CDT, which is in (expired on 2013-05-29 11:30:00).
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:41 am

Post by fferyllt »

jesus christ.

I am thinking that Syryana was right about Mala.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

You really do sound like Mollie..

So Fery have anything to back that up or you just saying that to try and gain points with Bulba.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 5:59 am

Post by Bulbazak »

How would that win points with me?

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Malakittens »

I was thinking who would be alive in which scenario.

I see Fery keeping you alive over any other player, but I'd assume since everyone think you are town you would have been targeted by at least one faction for the kill.

I was reading through everyone's ISO's after Syr's flip and I feel like Fery is going on information that others do not know.

For instance -

She seems to know that USC, but also DC was a mafia kill target rather then a vig or SK target.

Today it seems like she's under the impression that she knows GM was mafia and trying to use Syr's opening post against me to win some type of favor from you. (That's why I believe she's trying to win points)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:05 am

Post by Malakittens »

What Syr forgot to include in his little scenario is that Fery could be a likely partner for GM if GM was mafia.

Fery's had GM as an unsure/scum read, but never really acted upon it until last day phrase.

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1112, Malakittens wrote:You really do sound like Mollie..

So Fery have anything to back that up or you just saying that to try and gain points with Bulba.
I don't really trust either of you at this point for choosing Syr over GM yesterday.

ISOing this game has been painfully fruitless. I'm going to try reading it contextually again today or tomorrow.

Mollie and I both learned mafia playing games with short days (24 hours or less) and we share an influential mentor, though I think his teachings fit her game style better than mine. You're picking up on what corresponds to a regional dialect, I think.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:13 am

Post by fferyllt »

It's interesting that Mala appears to not even be entertaining the possibility that you could be scum, Bulbazak.

No question that I'm the easier lynch.

Idic
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Malakittens »

I have entertained it because of the lack of him being killed multiple nights in a row which he's been a decent town read for the majority of players.

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:19 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1118, Malakittens wrote:I have entertained it because of the lack of him being killed multiple nights in a row which he's been a decent town read for the majority of players.
you say you've entertained it, but you didn't mention it until I pointed out the unidirectional nature of your voiced suspicions.

Idic
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

Nope. I did mention it, but it was in a run-on which my thought process regarding you.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Malakittens »

with not which*

I see Fery keeping you alive over any other player,
but I'd assume since everyone think you are town you would have been targeted by at least one faction for the kill.

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 6:50 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1111, fferyllt wrote:jesus christ.

I am thinking that Syryana was right about Mala.
Plus if you really want to get Techecal (I'm aware I spelt it wrong - I want to spell it like that) This doesn't really sound like you are entertaining the idea of Bulba-scum it's more of Mala-scum without mentioning Bulba at all.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 7:00 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1114, Malakittens wrote: I see Fery keeping you alive over any other player, but I'd assume since everyone think you are town you would have been targeted by at least one faction for the kill.
Given the number of kills last night and our nasty habit of lynching town, I think they were more worried about each other than they were town.
In post 1114, Malakittens wrote: I was reading through everyone's ISO's after Syr's flip and I feel like Fery is going on information that others do not know.

For instance -

She seems to know that USC, but also DC was a mafia kill target rather then a vig or SK target.

Today it seems like she's under the impression that she knows GM was mafia and trying to use Syr's opening post against me to win some type of favor from you. (That's why I believe she's trying to win points)
I read through Ffery's ISO during the night phase, and I don't remember any of that. Can you please point it out?
In post 1115, Malakittens wrote:What Syr forgot to include in his little scenario is that Fery could be a likely partner for GM if GM was mafia.

Fery's had GM as an unsure/scum read, but never really acted upon it until last day phrase.
Actually, Ffery's voting GM over Syryana makes me lean town. I can't see mafia passing a mislynch opportunity like that up, especially with how well this game has been going for them.

As for her unsure/scum read on GM, again, I don't remember that from her ISO. Although I do remember that you held that stance all game and did nothing about it.
In post 1116, fferyllt wrote: I don't really trust either of you at this point for choosing Syr over GM yesterday.
To be honest, I thought the 2 of them were partners, and I expected him to flip scum. I was actually quite shocked by the result.

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Wed May 15, 2013 7:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1123, Bulbazak wrote:Actually, Ffery's voting GM over Syryana makes me lean town. I can't see mafia passing a mislynch opportunity like that up, especially with how well this game has been going for them.

As for her unsure/scum read on GM, again, I don't remember that from her ISO. Although I do remember that you held that stance all game and did nothing about it.
I remember thinking that killing the 4th player on svenskt's wagon might point suspicion on the 5th and 3rd - Syryana and me. I started day 3 expecting to be the default lynch because unlike me, Syryana had looked uber town prior to that abortion of a quicklynch. But, the speculation about DCL possibly being scum was hope-inspiring if not strongly convincing. I was pretty pessimistic about there being a day 4 if we got day 3 wrong.

Idic

Return to “Completed Open Games”