Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 1067, KingdomAces wrote:I really don't have much to say right now that wasn't posted in my personal QT.

Ranmaru, I'm sorry that I got in that wall war. Despite everything, I couldn't shake the feeling that it was town on town. It seemed like you were ignoring large portions of my posts, and continually asking the same questions which I would answer the same way, and that angered me enough that I forgot about Elias.

In other news, maybe I should trust my gut a bit more, since I was actually correct about Elias the whole time. Sorry I couldn't be more convincing.

Don't worry about it. I suggest you try not to rely on wifom, that was my #1 problem with you. It made me paranoid about you, especially your wifom read on scumhunter, than saying it was gut to say that 'that's why you think' he was town. Usually in other games I don't think that reasoning will fly.

But with everything else, you seemed to have been doing fine. Before my paranoia with you I felt you were towny. Sometimes your questions were weird, but I guess it was just you finding some things scummy.

Also lol, I just sometimes forget to reply to something dude. It's like, I see a recent reply, and I reply to that. Then you come in and say "Hey you didn't reply to me, you are scum for that!" and I'm like :mad: haha. It felt like you were trying to paint me as scum for it, but now I see it was just you thinking I was ignoring you on purpose. Wasn't the case, I just forgot. :P Just remember, instead of saying "Hey, you are scum for that", give the person the benefit of the doubt, and ask them "You missed this, can you reply to this?" and they most likely will. In fact I don't really look at that anymore, doesn't really help find scum. :)
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:23 am

Post by Ranmaru »

Ok, so I only got lucky with Mcstab, sorry guys. I got distracted by some things, I'm sure you can tell. And lol at Carbon "Oh now I get a case whoo".

If I was in lylo I would have gone with Carbon, really. Elias gave me this indy vibe, especially his "i'm not voting on a wagon ever" mindset. I also could tell he wasn't really trying to work with me, he would view what I said and just leave. Forever. I'm like WTF.

Also, sorry Dumham. I just got distracted with your "Not feeling mcstab" thing. Everything else was fine with you really. ;-;
Dunhamganger
Dunhamganger
Goon
Dunhamganger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 am

Post by Dunhamganger »

No worries. I probably shouldn't have outed myself.

I did briefly think Elias was scum, so yay me I guess.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:42 am

Post by Ranmaru »

:D

Kingdom, from reading your personal qt. Let me be a bit clearer, I think you should try to use in thread reasons to substantiate your reads alongside your wifom analysis. I don't care if you do analyze wifom, in fact it can be fun and I would too, but I wouldn't base my entire read on someone with that. (Because I know I won't really know the exact answer, same for you, you only just guessed it) If you get my drift. I'm not trying to stop you from doing what you like. :P And no worries, I will actually be taking a break from mafia. Some things I need to re-evaluate, and just need time to do other things in life right now.
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:10 am

Post by KingdomAces »

I am nowhere near claiming that I am any good at this, especially since I have lost all three games that I've been in so far. While I still maintain the belief that no WIFOM is actually random, I can see how that wouldn't actually be convincing to anyone else. I definitely need to get better at finding actual reasons I can use to explain why someone is scummy. I especially should have done that when I had you as my top scum suspect, since in retrospect there weren't any. Also, you probably wouldn't have forgot to respond to things if I hadn't walled so much in the first place. That is what I see as my other main problem right now.

Should I have pressed for Hoopla's lynch near the end of D4 in order to save myself? I didn't under the assumption that you'd just mislynch later anyway, so it would be better if I could confirm myself as town and hope that you would listen to my reads, but thinking about it now I realize that if Hoopla did get lynched the only options for scum would be bringing me to LyLo or killing me, either of which could end with Elias lynched.

On the other hand, by the time I thought is was most likely Elias again, it was far too late for me to attempt to get Hoopla lynched. Hypotheticals probably arn't going to get us anywhere.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:23 am

Post by Ranmaru »

It would be better if you pushed for your strong beliefs, really. That would sound honest and legit, and would make you more transparent (being read as town). Thing is you would have to improve on the 'convincing' part. It's not hard though, just keep an eye on things people do in thread, and question them like you did here. It's cool if you present a wifom theory, but don't base your entire read on it, it may downplay your credibility. An important note, I think you deff should try to find an actual reason for your reads. No "I have Ranmaru as town, but I don't actually have a reason", there has to be a reason. Later on in one of the many arguments we had (Image) you said that my being on the wagon was probably the reason why you had me as town. You have to be upfront with this. Even if it IS gut, there is a post that gives you the 'gut' feeling (Just quote it and say "Yeah this is what my gut is picking up but I don't know why). If you actually give reasons, I deff think there really wouldn't be a problem, and I wouldn't be concerned with your slot, and would look to bouncing ideas with you and possibly even buddying (I love buddying! it's so fun) And yeah, I deff agree, be concise, and only wall if necessary.

In fact I sort of needed someone to bounce ideas with, since EliasSCUM was never there. :cry:
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

In post 1066, AngryPidgeon wrote:Damn, I thought it was CO2. /stalking other games.

I was almost certain that it was Hoopla. /stalking other games.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

In post 1081, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I was almost certain that it was Hoopla. /stalking other games.

You know I don't suck as scum.
McStab
McStab
Mafia Scum
McStab
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Post by McStab »

Nice one Elias, sorry I was largely useless this game.
Carbondioxide
Carbondioxide
Goon
Carbondioxide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:18 am

Post by Carbondioxide »

In post 1082, Hoopla wrote:
In post 1081, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:I was almost certain that it was Hoopla. /stalking other games.

You know I don't suck as scum.

But you do suck as Town! :)

Disappointing. Well played Elias (and many thanks Llama). I think the game was let down by a serious lack of effort/commitment from some players. Way too many replace-outs and prods. I kinda hopes to take a lead ad learn from some more experienced players but that didn't happen much.

Perhaps I need to do more myself. Still, all a learning curve and thanks to all for playing with me.
"I'm more vanilla than the white bit in a Neopolitan ice-cream!"

UK-based and V/LA most weekends.
Robbnva
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Robbnva
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 am

Post by Robbnva »

So hoopla was trolling and cost town the win. Figures
Proudest mafia moment was the greatest unvote in the history of mafiascum.
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

Nah, she doesn't carry the entire burden. We all carry it as town. Her preferences of alignment don't and shouldn't really matter, because I'd care more for my towns games than my scum games. (I also don't think she was trolling, I believe that she was trying something different, although honestly I'd like to see more of her thought process myself, and to just get voted by her without much effort made me sad)
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”