Mini 1370: Possessed Pastors in a Paranoid Parish: Who Won?!

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

At this point I am leaning towards Game Over simply because Tierce has been active on site but hasn't stopped by to tell us how terrible a lynch this was.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:01 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

: /
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:47 am

Post by Eidolon »

*cricket*
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:00 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Eidosmartscum?
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:03 am

Post by Eidolon »

In post 1078, AngryPidgeon wrote:Eidosmartscum?

haha, you bet :P
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:10 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ill take that as a claim :D
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:59 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

I apologize for the delay--I woke up today with one of the worst stomachaches I've ever had. :(

The Book of Vote Counts, Chapter Four, Verse Four

An excommunication has been achieved.

Tierce (4): AngryPidgeon, Eidolon, Amrun, MagnaofIllusion

AngryPidgeon (1): DeasWave
Eidolon (1): Tierce

With 6 alive, it was 4 to excommunicate and 3 to have no excommunication.

The deadline was set for 6:00 pm on Thursday, October 4.

Because I still feel like crap and don't want to keep y'all in suspense until I feel good enough to write some real flavor, I'll give you the flip now:

Tierce,
Friar Tomas de Torquemada, Poorly Portrayed Pastors Inquisitor and Vanilla Cop,
was excommunicated on Day Four.

A win condition has been achieved. The CHURCH consisting of Amrun, Eidolon, MagnaofIllusion, AngryPidgeon, and DeasWave are victorious! IceGuy, Hiraki, rapidcanyon, seilkops, and Quilford also win with their living teammates. Congratulations!

Full setup, role PMs, and night actions to follow. I'll offer some commentary of my own on the game once I'm feeling better.
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Awesome! Good job to the living players. I never suspected Tierce at all. At first, I though Deas was the scum, then at the very last minute (yesterday), I thought Eido was scum. The bussing seemed legit but the lurking gave it away.
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 am

Post by Tierce »

Ugh. Sorry, scum--a week away completely killed my drive for mafia, and then I was busy and it grew into a cycle. I was going to post today, and came online to see MoI's hammer. Didn't want to spoil results, especially since there might be third parties.

I have one disagreement with how you handled the wincons, DarthYoshi--the scum had
no idea
what the name of the town faction was. This could have burned us badly.

Get better soon, and thanks for the great game. Loved the flavor.

Congrats to town. You deserved this win.
DarthYoshi
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
DarthYoshi
I am your Father
I am your Father

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:17 am

Post by DarthYoshi »

The Setup

Reverend Shaw Moore (Footloose): mafia goon
Silas the Monk (The Da Vinci Code): mafia goon
Friar Tomas de Torquemada (History of the World, Part I): mafia vanilla cop

The scum had a mechanic wherein if two of the three were successfully exorcised or excommunicated, the third would become immune to exorcism so that they would not fully lose their factional NK ability.

Scum fakeclaims: Father Lankaster Merrin (The Exorcist), Father Adam Smallbone (Rev.), Reverend Timothy Lovejoy (The Simpsons)

Father Lucas Trevant (The Rite): town exorcist (vanillaizer, possessed)
Friar Carl (Van Helsing): town inventor (2 vig shots, changed to 1 at the end of balancing, not possessed)
Sister Aloysius Beauvier (Doubt): town tracker (possessed)
Father Donovan (American Dad!): town bodyguard (possessed)
Friar Tuck (Robin Hood): VT
Father Brian Finn (Keeping the Faith): VT
Father Maxi (South Park): VT
Pastor Skip (Saved!): VT
Father Ted Crilly (Father Ted): VT
Cardinal Ignatius Glick (Dogma): VT

Starring...

Zyrconium/Maemuki as Rev. Shaw Moore
You are REVEREND SHAW MOORE, a puritanical stick-in-the-mud from the 1984 movie Footloose and a member of the Poorly Portrayed Possessed Pastors Mafia.

You have the following factional abilities:

Communal Prayer: At night, and for the first 48 real-life hours of the game, you may communicate with your buddies—Friar Tomas de Torquemada and Silas the Monk—here:

Blood Atonement: At night, you or one of your buddies may submit to me, via PM, a target to kill. If you are successful, that player will die. Because you are possessed, this ability is vulnerable to exorcism. However, only two of the three of you may be exorcised at one time.

You also have the following individual abilities:

Deliberate: During the day, you may post as often as you wish in the game thread.

Vote to Excommunicate: During the day, you may vote for a player you wish to see excommunicated (aka lynched).

Manufactured Piety: If you wish, you can safely claim to be Father Adam Smallbone from the cult British sitcom Rev.

Win Condition: You win when the Poorly Portrayed Pastors equal or outnumber the remaining players, or when nothing can prevent the same

Empking as Silas the Monk
You are SILAS THE MONK, a maniacal and sinister Opus Dei cleric from the abominable 2006 movie The Da Vinci Code, and a member of the Poorly Portrayed Pastors Mafia.

Communal Prayer: At night, and for the first 48 real-life hours of the game, you may communicate with your buddies—Rev. Shaw Moore and Friar Tomas de Torquemada—here:

Blood Atonement: At night, you or one of your buddies may submit to me, via PM, a target to kill. If you are successful, that player will die. Because you are possessed, this ability is vulnerable to exorcism. However, only two of the three of you may be exorcised at one time.

Deliberate: During the day, you may post as often as you wish in the game thread.

Vote to Excommunicate: During the day, you may vote for a player you wish to see excommunicated (aka lynched).

Manufactured Piety: If you wish, you can safely claim to be Reverend Timothy Lovejoy from the still-kicking popular American sitcom The Simpsons.

Win Condition: You win when the Poorly Portrayed Pastors equal or outnumber the remaining players, or when nothing can prevent the same.

Tierce as Friar Tomas de Torquemada
You are FRIAR TOMAS DE TORQUEMADA, a musically comical villain from the 1981 movie History of the World Part I, and a member of the Poorly Portrayed Pastors Mafia.

Communal Prayer: At night, and for the first 48 real-life hours of the game, you may communicate with your buddies—Shaw Moore and Silas the Monk—here:

Blood Atonement: At night, you or one of your buddies may submit to me, via PM, a target to kill. If you are successful, that player will die. You may only use this ability if both Moore and Silas are killed or exorcised.

The Inquisition (What a Show!): During the night, you may make one player the target of the Spanish Inquisition by PMing me their name. This will cause them to be put under such close scrutiny that, if you are successful, you will be notified if that player is possessed or not. Your results are not guaranteed to be accurate.

Manufactured Piety: If you wish, you can safely claim to be Father Lancaster Merrin from the 1973 film The Exorcist.

Win Condition: You win when the Poorly Portrayed Pastors equal or outnumber the remaining players, or when nothing can prevent the same.

DeasWave as Father Lucas Trevant
You are FATHER LUCAS TREVANT, a Jesuit Roman Catholic priest and unorthodox exorcist from the slightly hokey 2011 film The Rite, and a member of the Church.

You have the following abilities:

Exorcism: During the night, you may target one player to exorcise by PMing me their name. If you are successful, that player, if possessed, will be exorcised. If the player is not possessed, your exorcism will have no effect. You will not be notified if your exorcism is successful.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Church are eliminated and at least one Church-aligned player is alive.

MagnaofIllusion as Friar Carl
You are FRIAR CARL, a bumbling friar and hapless sidekick from the lame-despite-starring-Hugh-Jackman 2004 film Van Helsing, and a member of the Church.

Arbalest Weaponry: You are an inventive cleric and have created an arbalest-style crossbow. At night, you may choose to give the crossbow to another player by PMing me their name. If you are successful, that player will receive the crossbow. You will not be notified if your attempt is successful. You may not use the crossbow yourself.

Win Condition: You win when all threats to the Church are eliminated and at least one Church-aligned player is alive.

ICEninja/Quilford as Sister Aloysius Beauvier
You are SISTER ALOYSIUS BEAUVIER, a strict Roman Catholic nun and supervisor from the Oscar-winning 2008 film Doubt, and a member of the Church.

Zealotry: During the night, you may choose to tirelessly track another player by PMing me their name. If you are successful, you will be returned a result of any players that player visited during the night. Your result is not guaranteed to be accurate. Because you are possessed, this ability is vulnerable to exorcism.

rapidcanyon as Father Donovan
You are FATHER DONOVAN, a jaded and cynical Episcopalian priest from the ongoing and irreverent TV series American Dad, and a member of the Church.

Redemptive Death: Despite your jadedness, you can still summon the motivation to accompany a single player every night by PMing me their name. If you are successful, you will protect that player from any attempts on their life that night, but you will be killed instead. Because you are possessed, this ability is vulnerable to exorcism.

The VT characters all received the same VT PM, with a line or two of flavor about their characters. They were:
Hiraki as Father Maxi (South Park)
IceGuy as Father Ted Crilly (Father Ted)
seilkops as Cardinal Ignatius Glick (Dogma)
AngryPidgeon as Pastor Skip (Saved!)
Eidolon as Friar Tuck (Robin Hood)
Amrun as Father Brian Finn (Keeping the Faith)

Night Actions

Night One Actions:

Empking kills IceGuy (successful)
Tierce cops MagnaofIllusion (receives a "not possessed" result)
Quilford tracks Empking (successful, receives a "visited IceGuy" result, and eep for the mafia)
MagnaofIllusion gives a crossbow to Amrun (successful)
rapidcanyon protects Tierce (successful but moot, and LOL)
DeasWave exorcises Amrun (successful, but no effect)

Night Two actions:

Tierce kills Quilford (redirected to rapidcanyon)
Tierce cops AngryPidgeon (receives a "not possessed" result)
Quilford tracks Hiraki (receives a "no visits" result)
Amrun vigs Hiraki (successful)
rapidcanyon protects Quilford (successful, RC dies)
DeasWave exorcises Eidolon (successful, but not effect)

Night Three actions:

Tierce kills Quilford (successful)
Tierce cops DeasWave (successful, receives a "possessed" result)
DeasWave exorcises Tierce (unsuccessful, Tierce is only remaining maf and so is immune to exorcism)

Finally, the game's dead thread can be found here: http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/DK9NTpNASEZnD

The mafia can choose whether or not to release their QT (though owing to their earlier casualties, there really isn't a ton there). Of course, I encourage them to do so.

PEdit: Tierce--I included the church name in the town wincon in the sample role PM in the OP material. Is this what you're referring to, or am I missing something else?
On hiatus from any new mafia commitments.
Jesus loves you. But that doesn't mean you're town.
James 2:13
Tierce
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Tierce
Cache Me If You Can
Cache Me If You Can

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 am

Post by Tierce »

In post 1084, DarthYoshi wrote:PEdit: Tierce--I included the church name in the town wincon in the sample role PM in the OP material. Is this what you're referring to, or am I missing something else?
No, I'm the one who missed that section. Oops.

So... my role was a vanilla cop that had a false negative with MoI. No wonder I was confused.

I'm okay with releasing the QT if my buddies are. Maemuki never got to post there, so I guess it's up to Empking.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Lol, I was SO scummy this game. I cringed at the posts MoI quoted of me. It really did read like "Well, there are better wagons but I'll bus Empking if things go south"
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:32 am

Post by Eidolon »

Good game everyone :)

Especially AP who really pulled through in the end. I don't think we would have won this day phase if it weren't for his push.

@ DYoshi: what exactly did the exorcism do?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:34 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I was really scared. If I was wrong about Tierce I knew I was probably going down in Lylo.
Eidolon
Eidolon
Goon
Eidolon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Eidolon »

oh, it turns people vanilla, nevermind

PEDIT: lol i had you as town after the day phase, regardless of what tierce would have flipped. i was scared about going down too (most of the game.) i played really scummy this game too. even though i nabbed a couple scum, my bad behavior evened that out haha. i'm surprised i didn't get mislynched. :D
rapidcanyon
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
rapidcanyon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:42 am

Post by rapidcanyon »

Chalking up another win on my record - even though I had no F-ing clue that Tierce was scum. She played totally pro-town. :oops:
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:45 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Her push on you D1 was super duper scummy.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Amrun »

Tierce did a really good job of looking town on Day 1, but beyond that, she didn't hold up very well. Day 1 bought her a ticket through some later days she might not have survived otherwise.

Today, I knew it was DW or Tierce - but I was not as confident on DW as I pretended. I wanted to see what Tierce did. Town Tierce would have strong opinions, even if she hadn't read. Scum Tierce would lurk.

no way ap was scum.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:29 pm

Post by DeasVail »

We were going to target MoI night 1, but decided on Amrun because of her posts strongly indicating VT/scum, as well as being a scumread.

We didn't know who to choose for night 2, but went with Eidolon and mistakenly thought she was cleared because of the night 3 kill. D:

Then we chose Tierce night 3, and didn't want to lynch her because we thought we'd know by whether or not there was a kill the next night, but again we were wrong about this. And we thought AP was possible scum.

Glad it worked out in the end though, and well done to the town!

Also, great game DY! I thought our role was really cool, and I enjoyed the game.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

I do not understand how you could have me as a suspect past the mae flip on n1. like, honestly.

but <3 sorry i suspected you

fyi my shift key is fucking up ;(
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Yeah, that probably wasn't smart. If it's any consolation our scumread weakened quite a bit, before we realised that our PR prevented the use of scumkills (at least before I realised anyway). -This was during night 2.

And I'm actually surprised that we didn't get forced to claim/vigged. As far as I know, Delta and I are quite adept at attracting mislynches. Add a hydra to it all and...

I don't know if Delta would be as forgiving though. ;)
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Huzzah! Praise the lord the villains have been righteously smote.

Good game Town. I think overall we played a pretty solid game. Quilford's timely Night action choice redeemed his shaky play, and looking back at the Day 1 play was very helpful in clearing multiple players that final day which was important. I'm glad I choose the path of least resistance and lynched Tierce since Deas might have accidently cleared her in MYLO / LYLO.

Thanks for the game Darth. Excellent theme and great usage of roles. I think overall it was pretty balanced ... had Mae not died Day 1 I think odds the Tracker comes up with a 'Guilty' are much lower.

I'll have to check but I think this is my first ever game-winning Hammer as Town.

I did find it amusing reading the Dead QT and seeing all the dead players thought Tierce was clear. Glad those mis-vigs and mislynches happened :D
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:15 am

Post by DeasWave »

That was a great game. I really enjoyed this hydra Deas, we should do it again. It's fun because we have two very different personalities. :D

Once again, great game everyone.

~ DW
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
But only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side
DeasWave
DeasWave
Goon
DeasWave
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:16 am

Post by DeasWave »

Oh, the one thing I have to say is that we were quite confused about our role. It wasn't clear as to what exorcism did, when it took effect, how long it lasted or really anything about it. I found out through PMs with the mod that it was basically a delayed permanent roleblocker but I had no idea about the "can't exorcise last scum" catch to it.

~ DW
I keep a blue flag hanging out my backside
But only on the left side, yeah that's the Crip side

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”