neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by neko2086 »

CR wrote: First of all, since he's missed it once.
Rom- if when it was apparent that the doctor was not going to out himself, why did you not hunt for those crumbs to prevent us from lynching our doctor? I fail to see how that is pro-town.
I don't see why the scum
wouldn't
be looking for it. Also, we don't necessarily know that he (or you, for that matter) didn't actually know Korlash was the doc.

Rom wrote: The time for explaining theories is over.
Why? Is there a deadline?
I'm suspicious of everyone.
Apparently not, considering this next statement by you:
I really don't have anything else to contribute.
What you call "casting suspicion" is also known as "discussion." And I don't know what kind of endgame you play as town, but I've never heard of playing an endgame without a great deal of discussion.

You appear to have a bad case of tunnel-vision. After expecting a read on k7 from you, you say
K7 just looks townie to me.
This is endgame, and you don't appear to care about considering other possibilities. This looks very much like scum focusing in on a target and trying to wrap up a win. Stopping discussion and prompting brash votes is
exactly
what the scum need to do to win and that is
exactly
what you are doing in these last few posts.

Very close to voting you, but I still feel there is more discussion to be had.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by Romanus »

then start discussing.

All I see is finger pointing. Someone want to make a case go ahead.
Well, Romanus is a professional shit stirrer
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:38 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

neko2086 wrote:
CR wrote: First of all, since he's missed it once.
Rom- if when it was apparent that the doctor was not going to out himself, why did you not hunt for those crumbs to prevent us from lynching our doctor? I fail to see how that is pro-town.
I don't see why the scum
wouldn't
be looking for it. Also, we don't necessarily know that he (or you, for that matter) didn't actually know Korlash was the doc.

Then you are starting to see the point I was aiming for.

First, it wouldn't be pro-town to not find the crumbs left by Korlash. In fact, it would only prove to hinder yesterday's discussion. At the same time that he could have taken the few minutes to hunt for the crumbs, he was pushing for Korlash's lynch yesterday. In my opinion, I find the possibility that he didn't hunt for those crumbs minimal at best.

I think it's possible that he is scum and that his play yesterday was just him attempting to get the doctor lynched under the guise of 'I didn't know.'

Expect a re-read in a day or two of Rom.

Rom, I expect you to do a re-read of both K7 and myself.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Romanus »

So why didn't anyone else jump up and down screaming not to kill the doctor, or defend Korlash to the very end.

And how in the hell does CR get away with all of this when he wouldn't even contribute. He saw what was about to go down and did nothing to stop it. I could have not voted and Korlash would have gotten lynched. Why stick my neck out like that?

I made my intentions clear, and when the doc didn't chime up, someone who believed him to be the doc should have said something.

No, I did not look for the crumbs. I don't believe in them, and they obviously don't work. I made my case, said I would not look for them, and didn't. The fact that you believe I did because I must have, is ridiculous.

Now, making a case that I did hammer the doctor and my second scum was a townie, well, that is a case I can't really defend, except by saying that it was just really bad play, even though they both looked scummy.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:58 am

Post by neko2086 »

Rom, this was the votecount before you hammered:
Alabaska J - 3 (Korlash, killa seven, neko2086)
Korlash - 2 (Alabaska J, Romanus)

Not Voting - 1 (ClockworkRuse)
4 votes were needed for a lynch, so for him to be lynched, CR would have to have voted him, along with one other person. Neither k7 nor I were going to do it, and obviously Korlash wouldn't hammer himself, so Korlash was never in danger of being lynched. The best option was to hope the scum wasn't going to figure it out (even though it was a slim chance) so that we could prepare for a better endgame, if we were to have one.
In Tartiflette We Trust
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

Post by Romanus »

I'm sorry, I completely misremembered how all that went as I have been focusing on the first couple days.

My real point is that CR gets to point at me for what I did at the end of yesterday when he did nothing at all but watch a townie, who I believe he knew was a townie, get lynched.

If anyone looks more scummy due to their actions at the end of yesterday, it is CR, not I.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Romanus wrote:I'm sorry, I completely misremembered how all that went as I have been focusing on the first couple days.

My real point is that CR gets to point at me for what I did at the end of yesterday when he did nothing at all but watch a townie, who I believe he knew was a townie, get lynched.

If anyone looks more scummy due to their actions at the end of yesterday, it is CR, not I.
I disagree, as I've already said I had no chance to come here.

I am glad that you are participating now but now K7 hasn't posted for a short time and I'd hate for him to think that just because people
think
he's town that he can stop posting.

Now then, I'd like to ask why you don't believe in crumbs, Rom.

Expect a re-read on Rom this Saturday. It's been a very busy week.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Romanus »

The crumbs are fine afterwards.

But actually discussing them while the person is still alive is asinine. Why not just claim?

We were discussing something we couldn't discuss. Does that sound right to you?
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by Thesp »

Glad to see you're all doing quite well without me.

Official Day 6 Vote Count

ClockworkRuse - 1
(Romanus1)

Not Voting - 3
(neko2086, ClockworkRuse, killa seven)

Deadline is in ~4 days. At the deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched, with longest-held-last-vote being the tie-breaker.

Prodding killa seven (no posts in last 72 hours).
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Hm, deadline isn't good.

I don't like giving k7 an easy pass, but I haven't been able to find enough evidence to be convinced he's scum. All things considered, I just don't see it.

Between rom and clock, it's really hard to tell. CR has been much more active today than yesterday, and his missing the deadline is incredibly troubling, especially considering that Shanba missed a couple deadlines as well. Missing deadlines, though, seems like a very strange strategy, though. 1, ok, but several, I don't see how the payoff would be great enough to take a risk like that. I'm more inclined to believe it's just unfortunate coincidence.

Rom, I've found myself agreeing with somewhat today, but looking over the game, it makes the most sense to me that rom would be the last scum. The awkward statements at the end of yesterday, jtdyer's unexplained vote on kleb (an easy bus), RossWilliam's failing all over the place. Compared to shanba/CR, I'm pretty certain he's the scum.

vote: Romanus

I'm not completely sold on CR, and we still have some time left, so I'll be double-checking possible connections.

Also, k7 needs to get some input in here before I start doubting myself.
In Tartiflette We Trust
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:39 pm

Post by killa seven »

yo can we get a few days extention?
ive re read this game like 3 times allready but i need to read again.
im leanin cr right now but i need to be sure.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Romanus »

Well, it seems that I am scummy because of my other incarnations mistakes, which I agree were troubling, but obviously nothing I can do to defend it.

However, you also called my behavior at the end of yesterday into question. Not sure if there is anything to explain, but I do have to say that I was so infuriated by the whole doc/breadcrumb thing that I'm not really surprised by how unfocused I was on scumhunting.

Every time I think about it my blood pressure goes up.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:24 am

Post by neko2086 »

I'm not thinking as much about the doc thing as I am the language that suggested a knowledge that there would be another day. Every time I get to that section, it always stands out, and you haven't been able to completely account for it.

An extension would probably be good, but I wouldn't count on getting one, k7. What, for you, makes you think CR is more likely to be scum than rom? Is it mostly because of his lurkiness yesterday?
In Tartiflette We Trust
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Romanus »

I have fully accounted for it. That's fine if you don't believe it.

I was more concerned with the fact that if we mislynched we would get another day than if we got the scum we would win.

Though, truthfully, it would probably be more than I could overlook as well.

All I can ask is that you consider the entire game and not just a misstatement on my part.

But if you can't get over it, and you need to lynch me, I will take the blame for the town losing this game.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:14 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Romanus wrote:The crumbs are fine afterwards.

But actually discussing them while the person is still alive is asinine. Why not just claim?

We were discussing something we couldn't discuss. Does that sound right to you?
The question of why he didn't claim has already been answered as best as it could I believe, plus it was apparent that Korlash was a very lazy townie. It could have been very easy for him just to say 'Meh... I don't feel like it.' I can't really comment on that.

I still stand by my point that when it became apparent no claim was coming, finding crumbs would have been the best thing you could do.

K7, why are you leaning more toward me? Anything in particular about myself and the previous players?
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Romanus »

No, because even if I found them, they are not to be relied upon for reasons I have already stated.

I also did not wish to take the power away from the role, like a good townie. I should have just outed him.

Hindsight
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by neko2086 »

I should have just outed him.
Now I'm confused. What do you mean by this? I thought you didn't know Korlash was the doc...
In Tartiflette We Trust
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:39 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

neko2086 wrote:
I should have just outed him.
Now I'm confused. What do you mean by this? I thought you didn't know Korlash was the doc...
Now I'm convinced.

He knew who the doctor was yesterday and was pushing for his lynch under the guise of 'I don't know who the doctor is!' Obviously the lynch would never get off the ground but that wasn't the reasoning behind it, was it? He was trying to seem like a confused townie because scum would never attempt something so obvious as trying to get rid of the towns power during the day.

Then during the night, he killed the doctor and came back using the "He should have claimed!" excuse as his defense to seem more town.

I still need to do my re-read before my vote, but I'm more convinced then ever that Rom is scum.
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Romanus »

Whatever. I should have found the breadcrumbs and outed him. Or someone else should have outed him.

I decided to not waste my time looking for the breadcrumbs that would prove nothing.

Again I have misspoken, or weren't exactly precise.

I would think that rather than quibbling over these little semantic things, one would actually look over the record of the game and come up with some real evidence of scummy behavior.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:43 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Romanus wrote:Whatever. I should have found the breadcrumbs and outed him. Or someone else should have outed him.

I decided to not waste my time looking for the breadcrumbs that would prove nothing.

Again I have misspoken, or weren't exactly precise.

I would think that rather than quibbling over these little semantic things, one would actually look over the record of the game and come up with some real evidence of scummy behavior.
Read my post and you'll see that is what I plan on doing today/tomorrow.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:31 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Re-read finished. Breaking it up into chunks because it is MASSIVE. So multiple posts are coming up right now.
RossWilliam wrote:Shanba.....I don't like how definate your being, with not that much bearing to be definite on. I think TSN's post is decidedly innocent. While it's a crummy strategy, a scum's major goal during the day time is to throw confusion into the face of the pro-towners. While he is being crappy at it, this is what DS is doing. So TSN is merely pointing out that maybe we should keep an eye on him. I think it's fine. And now what your doing, Shanba, reeks to me of a scum trying to lynch an innocent. You don't wanna lynch DS, because he's way too much the easy way out. You can paint TSN with just enough scumminess to cover your own tail. So, thusly,

vote: Shanba
RossWilliam wrote:Shanba....you've explained yourself very well, and I appreciate that. And because I'm finding Phate much more alarming, i'm going to change my vote.

unvote, vote: Phate

Phate......votes without reason are sketchy at best, you should have expected someone to ask. and I'm confused as to what your issue with skitzer is. What post did he make such horrifying reasoning? your throwing me through a loop.
RossWilliam wrote:I still made a move against you. That's enough to piss off some people to the point of OMGUS. Apparently, you Shanba, are a bigger person than that. Thank you.
And thats explanation enough. That's all I needed
Apparent buddying to Shanba. First he makes a case against him then when he thinks that Shanba has

RossWilliam wrote:i've become increasingly frusterated with this game, between the slowness, and my blatant disability to defend myself properly. Everything I'm saying at this point just digs me into an even deeper hole. I could chalk it up to being new, but than I'll just come off as fishing for sympathy. I'm not succeeding in this game at all. at this point i'm this close to just accepted my fate as the next lynch, but i'm not there yet. ask me anything, i'll explain anything, it's so frusterating to lack the abilities to properly convince. So throw me a bone, i'll do my best.
This just seems like a poor defense. He is basically begging for pity.
RossWilliam wrote:
unvote, vote: nolynch

right now, I don't know who is scummy. But I also think, though it sounds selfish, that lynching me right now would be a mislynch. You don't have enough on me to lynch me yet. I'd appreciate it if some people voted nolynch with me, or even if the people on me unvoted. it would be a shame for the town for me to die without more evidence.

PS: there is no more evidence to be had, so we're all good ;)
I know that K7 touched on this, but a NL at deadline is never a good thing and it’s certainly not going to help the town at all.
RossWilliam wrote:yeah, sorry for the vapid post. What ca I say, I get lazy too. where is melodyman? I feel like we haven't seen him for a while. Maybe he feels like he's messed up and backed off for a while? I knew I did that a couple times when I was still figuring out how to play. Saving face, in a way.

Just some pressure then. He never defended himself for his mistakes, and I want that defense.

vote: melodyman23
Joins the MM wagon, to ‘Save Face’ apparently.
RossWilliam wrote:killa seven, if your not fully committed to your vote, don't make it. And you say you're voting JDodge instead of TSN because TSN defends himself more often. not even better, more often. How does this make TSN less potentially scummy than JDodge?
Good posting.

RossWilliam wrote:My gut is telling me he's scum. I could see how he could simply be newb townie though, but i think he's trying to hide behind that image. We'll see. I'm not opposed to unvoting, but for now? He's scum, in my eyes.
RossWilliam wrote:Yes, of course it's more than gut. I find his lack of wordiness, impulsiveness, and tendacy to waver all a mask to hide scumminess behind. Gut is just whats pushing me to vote instead of simply FoS.

I didn't like how klebian flip-flopped right of the bat. He was quick to tell me I was wrong, but once a more experianced player supported my opinions, he backed down speedily. I felt almost like he was trying to paint suspicion on me based on my lack of experiance, assuming that I would be less able to defend myself? I didn't like that.

I don't have much to say about Shanba.
Contradicting text. Still buddying up to Shanba and a little interaction with Klebian but there is no FoS or vote for him as of yet.
RossWilliam wrote:Shanba, Klebian, what you say makes sense, I didn't think of that. I don't want to be lynched, but I see how it's good for the whole town if it happens.

unvote

killa, we could have voted no lynch all game. It was never not an option. I wasn't going to vote nolynch, but the dead line frightened me into doing it. I don't want to be lynched, I want to last as long in the game as possible. that's just human nature. But some of you guys just convinced me to take one for the team if need be. thank you for that.

killa seven, we know your a newbie too, and it looks right now like your just trying to take advantage of a situation that looks good for you. I think your being oppurtunistic, and I don't like it.
Interaction with Klebian and more buddying to Shanba.
RossWilliam wrote:Where did K7 go? right now I'm thinking K7 and Crub scumpair, but I could be wrong about Crub. I want K7 to respond to Justin pretty bad, and until he does I have no concerns about my vote on him
RossWilliam wrote:i don't understand all the debate about Crub when killa just seems so scummy. i wish someone else would show him some attention, because i have been unable to step up and do so and i'm very embaressed by that
Seems pretty intent on getting K7 lynched and calls the town out on it. Pleads for someone to take a look at K7 because he hasn’t been able to make a case against him.

RossWilliam wrote:yeah, sorry for the vapid post. What ca I say, I get lazy too. where is melodyman? I feel like we haven't seen him for a while. Maybe he feels like he's messed up and backed off for a while? I knew I did that a couple times when I was still figuring out how to play. Saving face, in a way.

Just some pressure then. He never defended himself for his mistakes, and I want that defense.

vote: melodyman23
Drops the K7 points and switches to MM.
RossWilliam wrote:I think I would prefer a melodyman lynch, but I honestly torn between him and TSN. You can chalk my lack of posting for the past few pages to me just having no idea what to say. but I think for now I'm committed to melodyman
Fair-weather voting? He dropped his convictions of K7 being scum and moved right into who the Town was focusing on.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:32 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Jtdyer replaces RossWilliam.
jtdyer wrote:Geez, that took a while. How do you guys keep track of everything? I mean, do you keep a notebook by the comp and take notes? And while I read the abbreviation guide, and know what OMGUS means, how is it used? And what are bussing and meta?

I'm gonna go with my predecessor's vote on D2, and [b\] vote: killa seven [/b]. If that didn't come through bolded, could someone let me know how to fix it?
jtdyer wrote:Oh, I figured it out.

vote: killa seven
Resumes the K7 votes, because his predecessors had been going after him little to no reasoning given at the time of the vote besides that.

jtdyer wrote:
Shanba wrote:Jdtyer -

I want your thoughts on neko and an explanation of how you came to that conclusion.
There was something about Neko that made me a little suspicious, but I can't recall what or where it was. Its tough to jump in during day 3, read the posts, and keep track of where stuff was that caught my attention.

As far as K7, here are my thoughts. When looking at voting history, his history struck me as suspicious. Some of the vote switching back and forth, as well as who he voted for. And looking back at some of his posting patterns, they seem a little suspicious, some of it probably from some lurking. After looking back through the posts, I agree with K7 that RW seemed to be lurking towards the end of his life. But his response has still been kind of minimal, so my vote stays where it is, dude.

Shanba, I'm curious why you would want my thoughts on Neko, since I'm so new to this game, and the game in general?
When asked to elaborate on Neko, he merely says ‘I seem to remember something suspicious…’ then he continues his case against K7. Note that both jtdyer and Rom have been using the ‘Well X has stuck me as scum but I can’t remember where’ excuse and have do nothing about it to find where it was.
jtdyer wrote:
Shanba wrote:
jtdyer wrote:
Shanba wrote:Jdtyer -

I want your thoughts on neko and an explanation of how you came to that conclusion.
There was something about Neko that made me a little suspicious, but I can't recall what or where it was. Its tough to jump in during day 3, read the posts, and keep track of where stuff was that caught my attention.

Shanba, I'm curious why you would want my thoughts on Neko, since I'm so new to this game, and the game in general?
I need to have some content from you in order to get a rad on your alignment. Neko is a player I was having difieculty reading, and I wanted, therefore, a fresh perspective. I felt it would be helpful to have you try and quantify some sort of position on a player.
Shanba, I reread through some posts, and for the most part Neko doesn't strike me as suspicious, although I'm a little hesitant to write him off. I would still like some more from K7, the little that I got from him wasn't very helpful. But since skitzer is one of the other guys on my list of suspicions, I'll
unvote, vote: skitzer
Interaction with Skitzer. Possible bussing and drops the case against K7 suddenly for little reason other then ‘Skitzer is on my list of suspicions.’ But you would also have to assume that K7 was on his list at this point as well. This was the hammering vote on Skitzer, if I am reading correctly.
jtdyer wrote:
killa seven wrote:happy scumday mod.
thanks

i guess ill read on klebian as well when i read on
ross
and tsn.
Ross is gone, its jtdyer now. Although I get what you are saying.

And Neko, right before K7's post, you mentioned something. Yes, I did realize I was casting the final vote. Like was previously mentioned, the game wasn't going anywhere; Skitzer was another person on my list of suspicions as I read through the thread. And I didn't realize how fast I was posting after Klebian, I only noticed after you mentioned it that it was only a couple hours' difference.
Answering the question about why he hammered.
jtdyer wrote:I feel torn. I kind of can see TSN as scum, but not entirely. The same with klebian. I'm gonna go a different direction, and
vote: Eldritch Lord
. I became a little suspicious of Justing yesterday. I feel like sometimes his posts seemed to be scum-hunting, but they were throwing suspicion in the wrong direction. His posts seemed full of substance, but bad substance.
jtdyer wrote:
Eldritch Lord wrote:In-Game: Jtdyer, are there specific points of Justin's posts that I can address for you?
There wasn't anything specific, some of it just gives off the sense of scumness.
Once again, he can’t give any specific points or posts or quotes about his case against Justin/El. This is an easy cop out.
jtdyer wrote:Neko, you were right when you said that gut isn't a good argument for convincing people, so
unvote
. I don't see Korlash as being scum, he just seems to be goofing off a little, which seems natural, but not scummy (Korlash, if you are scum, I hope that comment doesn't get my lynched). I'm not sure who to vote for, and don't want to just vote for someone because of my instincts, because according to Neko that isn't smart. I was a little suspicious of TSN the first couple days, there were a lot of accusations flying his way, and he didn't seem to be defending himself super well. But I think he did a better job of defending himself in day 3, so I wouldn't be ready to vote for him. I'm not sure about Klebian. I could agree a little with lynching him, but couldn't point to any direct reason why, so a vote for him would be contradictory, right?

When you guys reread the thread, do you start at the beginning, or how do you do it?
Seems to buddy up to Neko a little bit in this post. Also mentions Kleb and says he would vote for him if it wasn’t out of a gut feeling.
jtdyer wrote:Neko, as far as me asking for direction, this is my first game, I was asked if I wanted to be a replacement, and I said yes, so I'm still learning. Kleb, you're not voting (although I haven't yet either), what are your thoughts (and no, I'm not asking for direction, Neko - :)?
Newbie card has been thrown out there. Never something I like to see but everyone gets one.
jtdyer wrote:
Vote: Klebian
, because I agree with TSN's and Korlash's reasonings.
Last vote before being replaced, agreeing with TSN who he has found suspicious and Korlash. Not giving any reasoning of his own.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:35 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Jtdyer is replaced by Romanus.
Romanus wrote:Ok, I just finished reading Day one, and only day one.
Taking into consideration that I know the alignment of some of the folks, and reading it with that in mind, my top two suspects are

(drumroll please)

Korlash
Near

Just so you know what my thoughts are at the current moment.

After I completely finish reading, I will put together some sort of argument of what my points are against who I finally decide is scum.

cheers
Emphasis added. He knew the alignment of some of the folks? Would you care to explain that Rom?
Romanus wrote:The absolute worse case scenario is that the Doc gets hit tonight and we lose all sorts of info.

I am for the doc outing himself and who he protected.

The Doc's info does more than just give us a 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 shot. This is not random. We get INFORMATION. Knowing alignment is invaluable and far outweighs any sort of blindly throwing a dart at a board with the odds being in our favor.

What strikes me as odd is that no one mentioned the lack of NK till now.

Of course, I also leave the decision where it belongs, with the doc. It is his call and should not be forced.

Also, I have all sorts of theories and whatnot, but I am going to keep them to myself until this issue is resolved. There is way too much at stake for me to reveal too much.

My previous suspicions stand:

Near
Korlash

Really torn between the two.
Wants the doc to out himself and continues to say his suspicions are of Near and Korlash without posting any reasoning behind it.
Romanus wrote:Well, it is crap like telling everyone about the breadcrumbs, that could or could not be that put scum on the scent and allow the scum to come up with ways around it.

Again, I leave it to the doc.

I'm going to
vote: Near

I have a slightly more scummy feeling from Near over Korlash. I will say that it is heavily based on Day one activity which anyone can see, but I also know few will read. I do not have specific references, that will require a second reread, which will take till at least tomorrow.
It is based on the interaction between the two known scum and Korlash and Near.
Once again, this turns into a mention of ‘I have reasons but I can’t remember what they are. I’ll post them tomorrow.’ It seems that each incarnation of Opposed Force has used this as an excuse for a vote.
Romanus wrote:I don't want to say anymore about the doc thing. Discussion of the scumminess of Korlash and Near are perfectly fine.
Was all for outing the doctor just a few posts back and now suddenly wants all discussion to stop.
Romanus wrote:Yes, I think it was a bus.

As for me not wanting to reveal too much, that was really for myself. I didn't want to put too much out there. So, yes, I changed my mind a bit. Forgive me, I just read through 36 pages and wanted to get my own mind straight.
Doesn’t want to reveal much about what he is thinking, which the day before endgame is very bad indeed.
Romanus wrote:
I really don't see Eldritch Lord as scum. I have read his posts in isolation and just don't see it.

I still favor a Korlash lynch
Yet when Alabaska replaced in suddenly he was one of his top suspects.
Romanus wrote:I'm in the midst of gathering my thoughts on Korlash. I will be posting them in a day or so. I would encourage everyone to take a look at Korlash (don't remember who he was then) when the scum were lynched. His behavior seems a little odd.

Again, I will spell this out with my next post.
Another cop out, he doesn’t explain why Korlash is odd in his next post.
Romanus wrote:K7, you don't get to make a statement like that, this late in the game without some sort of backup. Give me a reason. As far as I am concerned everyone is a suspect and needs to be looked at.

Unless you have a compelling reason for me not making a case against Korlash, which I would love to hear, then I will be looking through for it.
Possibly trying to get the doctor outted again.
Romanus wrote:EL's posts when the town eventually lynched klebian is definitely scummy. Not sure if I have this right, but I believe he was the first to jump on that wagon, but there was a good bit of talk before it.

I am doing some spotty rereading. This is something that jumped out at me. There had to be scum on Klebian's wagon, IMO, and EL looks like he might be it.

Will continue investigating.
Now he is suspicious of El, so the last post about El isn’t quite as suspicious.

Romanus wrote:I demand that the doc, protected one, and the breadcrumbs need to be outed. This is an important lynch and this is info that needs to be out in the air. The scum are more interested in finding that breadcrumb that a townie would be. Frankly I don't have time to do that careful a reread.

After rereading I am really on the fence. Al J really made the case I was going to make on Korlash and then some. He hit every point that I picked up on. However, it is not definite, especially after my reread of Al J.

Thing is I've seen it happen so many times that when two guys are at each other like this they turn out to both be townies that made each other look scummy.

That is not completely true in this case, their posts that had nothing to do with each other make them both look scummy in my eyes.

I want the Doc info to help me get off the fence. New reread with fresh info should do it.

Oh, and
Unvote
Now this is a pretty defining post. First, he demands the doctor and who was protected be outted, with the excuse that he can’t re-read one day where the no kill happened. I feel like this is just a cop out.

He also goes with Alabaska’s reasoning for Korlash being scum saying ‘Al J really made the case I was
going to make on Korlash and then some.
Rom said he was going to post a case on Korlash on Posted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 pm and agrees with Ala on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:50 am. So in that time, he couldn’t make a case against Korlash?

Bolded part is
exactly
what happened. I think that Rom knew what was going on and even made a comment on it.
Romanus wrote:Many great and humble apologies to ClockworkRuse for the misspelling of his name.

I believe there is about 6 hours to deadline. I wish ClockR would have at least expressed his intentions.

I will give ClockR a chance to vote, hammer Al J if that is what he wants to do. If he votes other than Al J, I am going to hammer Al J.

My reasoning is simple enough. I don't want a deadline lynch. We, the town, need to lynch. At most the wagon has one scum on it. If Al J comes up town, I am pretty sure I know who the scum is on the wagon. We do have a mislynch in our pocket.

I predict the doctor is going to die tonight, which will clear someone else.

I'll have access throughout the day.

Trying to give the hammer to someone else and then expressing that if I didn’t hammer Ala that he was going to.

Also, there is that damning statement that he knew the doctor was going to die that night. I still think he’s just patting himself on the back, saying that he had finally found the doctor.
Romanus wrote:The reason I am being somewhat silent is that my two top suspects turned out to be town. Now, I did suspect that Korlash was the doctor, even before the breadcrumbs.
I purposefully didn't go back and try to find the breadcrumbs because I really just don't like that stuff.
He might have well just claimed. It got him killed anyway.

Enough about the very bad play of Korlash.

I am going back to my first reread notes and going to do a somewhat quick reread to see what I can see.

Shanba pinged pretty hard earlier for me IIRC.

Now that what he predicted has come true, he feels the urge to be quite at end game. Not looking for the Doctor crumbs is still scummy in my opinion. He’s the only one who says he didn’t know who the doctor was and I think that is an attempt to get people to not focus on him so much as ‘I couldn’t have killed Korlash! I didn’t know he was the doctor!”
Romanus wrote:What I meant by going to sleep was that day was over, that's all. Whether we won or not, it would be night since the end of day is the lynch.

What I meant by having a mislynch in our pocket was that we wouldn't lose if we mislynched.

I thought that if Al J came up town and Korlash lived through the night, Korlash would be obv scum.

And if I thought the Al J wagon was obv wrong I would have said so. I didn't. In fact I stated that I was ok with the Al J wagon.

I'm blaming Korlash for all this nonsense. His doctor crap just confused everyone and took our focus off of scum hunting.

I do not like the fact that CR was able to cruise and not get a vote down or even declare himself. At best -- anti-town. At worste -- Scum.

Right now ClockworkRuse is my lynch candidate.
Another rather defining post. Here’s why;

First, it seems that he was okay with a mislynch yesterday based off of this. Then he proceeds to blame Korlash for the mislynch and ‘taking our focus off of scum hunting.’ I don’t really see how the doctor matter took
that
much out of hunting yesterday. Maybe Rom’s
lack
of hunting yesterday would have been a better cause of that?

And I’d like to note that this is the first case that any of the OpposedForce incarnations have pushed that HASN’T BEEN A GUT FEELING.
Romanus wrote:The addition of the IF was because someone brought up that point before.

If people don't post, there is no way we are going to win this game. If you are a townie, please, please, pretty please, post. It is way too easy for scum to stay under the radar right now.
Contradicting later discussion. I’ll bring it up again when I get to that post.
Romanus wrote:
Shanba did ping for me earlier. The non vote at deadline also concerned me. I'm going to have to go back and see what exactly pinged for me. Not sure when I am going to be able to do that, but soon.

K7, I just don't know about. I reread is in order.

Third cop out by saying ‘I felt he’s scum but I don’t remember why.’
Romanus wrote:
I am reading. Going back to my original notes, during my first readthrough, Shanba, now CR, pinged very hard. I'm going to have to find what it was I was seeing.

Right now, I put him at the top. The lack of a vote by deadline only more so puts him up there.

K7 just looks townie to me.

Actually, I'm going with ClockworkRuse.

It's between K7 and CR. CR is much more scummy to me.

My vote is unofficially on Clockwork Ruse.
Hasn’t been posted yet AT ALL. Like all of his predecessors, he can say he’s going to go back and find what that one little detail was but he never does.

Writes K7 off as town WAY to easily. No re-read or reasoning behind it.
Romanus wrote:You can't answer for anything nor defend anything. I really don't have to explain anything because this is endgame.

If I had really solid evidence then I would present it. I really don't. I don't feel like sitting here and debating conjecture and a whole lot of WIFOM.

I can't PROVE anything. There is no proof to be made. All I have is my best guess, and you can FOS all you like.

This isn't page 4, it is endgame. Your FOS means nothing and sounds desperate and even more scummy.

As for what you want. About not liking my bland opinions. Oh well. It isn't my opinion as much as it is my vote. It may be bland but it counts just as much as any other, whether I give bland or spicy opinions.

The time for explaining theories is over. Townies need to make up their own damn minds.

Vote: ClockworkRuse
This is that contradictory post. Earlier he wanted discussion, but now that he has had time to say ‘OH, CR is scum’ he wants votes and no discussion. At this point, no one has touched him in a re-read and we’ve focused on K7. It would be very opportunistic to stop discussion right at that moment.
Romanus wrote:Everyone is suspicious. An FOS at the end of the game? What kind of non-committal stuff is that?

I'm suspicious of everyone. A Finger of Suspicion is laughable. Makes you look like you are coming after me, but not without a vote. It is a wishy-washy tactic that just makes you look even scummier.

Confirm Vote: ClockworkRuse

I really don't have anything else to contribute. I will be reading. If I change my mind I will certainly let you know.

Others need to make up their mind instead of casting suspicion and hoping others jump on before they commit.
Admits that he isn’t going to contribute to discussion and says that we need to vote now. There is no deadline, there is no rush to vote other then his bloodlust. Laughs at my FoS without really defending himself, saying that because I’m not voting for him at endgame is scummy. Which is something I really don’t understand.

Romanus wrote:I'm sorry, I completely misremembered how all that went as I have been focusing on the first couple days.

Throwing around accusations with nothing to back them up, which I believe he was just telling us isn’t going to help town? He’s trying extra hard to push suspicion off of himself now.
Romanus wrote:Well, it seems that I am scummy because of my other incarnations mistakes, which I agree were troubling, but obviously nothing I can do to defend it.

However, you also called my behavior at the end of yesterday into question. Not sure if there is anything to explain, but I do have to say that I was so infuriated by the whole doc/breadcrumb thing that I'm not really surprised by how unfocused I was on scumhunting.

Every time I think about it my blood pressure goes up.
Apparently he was the only one then. The rest of us had found the crumbs and were actively hunting.
Romanus wrote:No, because even if I found them, they are not to be relied upon for reasons I have already stated.

I also did not wish to take the power away from the role, like a good townie. I should have just outed him.

Hindsight
Damning statement. He says he doesn’t know the doctor all game up until now.

Final thoughts; Each of the incarnations of OpposedForce have made "cases" by saying 'They pinged hard for me, I'll have to re-read and find out where and why" and never follow through.

Rom is really pushing hard to shift attention off of himself and the statements that he makes often are very damning. He is full of contradictions and opportunistic actions. After my re-read, I am even more convinced that he is scum.

Vote: Romanus
Romanus
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Romanus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Romanus »

I will just answer your first question

The alignments I knew, starting on day one, were the people who were already dead, and therefore everyone knew their alignment at that point.

I just see a whole lot of: he was voting or suspicious of a townie, therefore scum; he was voting or suspicious of scum, he was bussing; he is arguing with a scum, therefore distancing; he was agreeing with a towine, therefore buddying up.

As for my not following through on my promise for arguments, sorry. Many things have been going on in RL and did not give me the time to make a detailed argument like you just have. And yes, I have changed my mind, but that would seem to me to be more townie than scummy. If it is opportunistic, which is arguable, that is one thing. But being open to changing your mind on a person is a quality more townies should have. They are not contradictions if I just simply changed my mind.

If I say I don't see the case, and then come back and say that I do, that is a change of mind, reading something differently.

As for the doc thing. It was a mess. I was and am the only one commenting on it. I've explained what I meant by those posts. I think my words are being twisted to mean things that they don't really mean.

In essence, I was saying I should have gone back and found the crumbs and outed the post, therefore the doctor. But like I also said, I left it to the doc.

The other point I would like to make is that CR again wishes to make me look bad for making my position known at the end of yesterday and hammering, when he was the one who disappeared. I gave you the chance to hammer, but let everyone know that I would do it, and I did do it.

And I did not wish to end discussion as much as I wanted everyone in there with their own opinions. People waiting to be convinced by others is not good.
-Valen85 (Newbie 383)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”