Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Guyett »

Lol @ Reinoes read on me in the dead thread :3
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 999, shos wrote: I was sure scum would win this until the vigging. that was a very nice shot, against a person who was seen as town. considering that scum rolecopped the doublevoter on N1, I wonder how coems he stayed alive to endgame?
I killed sns because I was pretty sure that if Guyett died, sns would vote me and only me. He would also be conf town. So I'd have to try and push a proto or rach lynch and they won't self vote, so I'd be stuck trying to No Lynch and kill sns to get to LyLo.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 999, shos wrote: I honestly thought that after D1 bulba & aronis will be SPEEDFUCKINGLYNCHED. I couldn't believe how you guys ignored the fact that they got him to L-2 and 1 AFTER his powerful claim...
^ I was super surprised how no one felt uncomfortable with the logic that people on the wagon were town, people off the wagon were scum. It made zero sense!
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:16 am

Post by shos »

FUN FACT COMPILATION!!!!
Spoiler: Lots of facts!! yay!!

Fun Fact #1:
J.R.R. Tolkien has constructed over 20 languages in his lifetime, most of them are in the Lord of the Rings.

Fun Fact #2:
The name "Frodo" originates in fród, which means "wise by experience" in Old English.

Fun Fact #3:
In one of the parodies made on Lord of the Rings, Aragorn has no skill in battle, he just shouts random nonsense and battle cries and the enemies are disabled because they can't avoid laughing to death. or something.

Fun Fact #4:
Lord of the Rings is the most-grossing film series in all times, reaching almost 3
BILLION
dollars. that's fuckin' massive.

Fun Fact #5:
In the Peter Jackson movies, the miniature that was built for the filming of Barad-dûr was 15 feet high(!!). The one that was made for Orthanc, Saruman's tower, was as big as an entire car park, and the one for Minas Tirith included over a thousand houses. examples :D

Fun Fact #6:
The last fun fact was really awesome, but Sir Christopher Lee, is even more awesome. The guy has turned 92 in the last two weeks, and he's still acting, singing, voicing, etc. just read his bio - he is frekin awesome.
oh yeah, the fact. Saruman - Sir Christopher Lee - was 79 years old when they *started* filming the first movie. Today, at 92, he is still active.

Fun Fact #7:
Galadriel is about 1854 years older than Elrond.

Fun Fact #8:
It took me about 20 minutes to calculate fun fact #7.

Fun Fact #9:
One of the effects the One Ring had on its wearers was that their hearing was sharpened.

Fun Fact #10:
Andy Serkis not only played Gollum and Smeagol, but also, one of the orcs. He is the one who wants to eat Merry and Pippin, and asks "what about their legs?", answered by *cool dialogue* and decapitated and eaten :D

Fun Fact #11:
Durin's Bane, the Balrog who fought with gandalf and stuff - had wings. So in the movies - well - he could just fly back up if he wanted.

Fun Fact #12:
In the Return of the King, Peter Jackson plays a role of a Corsair of Umbar.

Fun Fact #13:
Treebeard is the oldest being in Middle Earth, possibly. The only other option is Tom Bombadil, who was there even before the Valar came.

Fun Fact #13 correction:
As pointed to me by MTD, in fact there is another option. Treebeard himself calls the elves 'the eldest of all'; and it is unknown which came first: The first 144 elves or the Ents. So let's just crown Bombadil, eh?
As the Ents were of the Children of Ilúvatar, they might or might not have awoken in Middle-earth at the same time as the Eldar.
Lord of the Rings wiki

so point is there are other options :/

Fun Fact #14:
The Haradrim were men who lived to the south of Middle Earth. In the Lord of the Rings, they allied Sauron, and used the Oliphants as their warbeasts; nobody knows how they managed to tame them.

Fun Fact #15:
Gimli the Dwarf, did not join the journey in "The Hobbit" because he was forbidden; the reason: he was too young. He was 62 years old. Later, when he was 138, he joined the Fellowship.

Fun Fact #16:
Arwen died about 1 year after Aragorn died, in the 121st year of the Fourth Age. However, he was born on Third Age 2931, and she - on Third Age 241..so that makes her 2690 years older than her husband. So much for Anililagnia, lol

Fun Fact #17:
Gríma, or Wormtongue, was actually the one who told the Nazgûl where the Shire was. He has also killed one Hobbit of the Sackville-Baggins family, after holding him prisoner in Bag end. *drums*

Fun Fact #18:
Mirkwood, the forest from which Legolas and Thranduil come(
Elves of Mirkwood
) has once been called
Greenwood
. However, about 1900~ years before the Lord of the Rings story, Sauron regained powers and lay in Dol Guldur, and the people who considered him a 'necromancer' started calling the forest Mirkwood.

Fun Fact #19:
A little bit of music: Howard Shore is the composer of the entire Lord of the Rings trilogy's music; this was a major success for him, and he won an Oscar for it and a Grammy and probably some more that I don't remember. Some of the music for LotR was re-used in other movies' trailers and stuff. In the trailer FOR LotR, iirc for the Two Towers, was used the music from the amazing movie Requiem for a Dream.

Fun Fact #20:
The total budget for all three films combined was 281,000,000 USD. for comparison, that's about a half of what was invested into GTA V.

Fun Fact #21:
Khazâd-dûm literally translates to 'The Dwarves Mansion'.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Bulbazak »

Reinoe's claim was exactly the problem, as I pointed out. If someone ever freaks out and claims under very little pressure, says that they're unkillable, and follows that up with "Don't lynch me guys or the scum will win!", then I will lynch them with fire, because 9 times out of 10 that's a scum claim due to the bastard role claim, the flailing, and the AtE. Not to mention the fact that if he's really unkillable, why is he 1.) claiming and putting a target on his back under little pressure and 2.) WORRYING ABOUT BEING KILLED? The speed lynch was bad. Aronis's vote was actually opportunistic. But in the end, it was Reinoe's fault, because not only did he make an obv. scum claim, but then he followed it up with a freaking self hammer! Every single competent player saw it. It was the derps who were left in charge of the town after Mastin's lynch that continued to stumble around in the dark and ignore how bad of a claim that was.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:18 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1000, Guyett wrote:Lol @ Reinoes read on me in the dead thread :3
So why were you trying to frame Drew-sta??? That's was contributing to me scumreading you in the dead thread.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:19 am

Post by ToastyToast »

"Freja needs to die. diediediedie"--Silavor.

Love it.
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Town: 12-10 (I think)
Mafia: 1-1
Third Party: 1-0
Alive in:0
Dead in:0
Modded: 2
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:20 am

Post by Guyett »

Could Proto have burgled reinoe?
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:21 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 1005, reinoe wrote:
In post 1000, Guyett wrote:Lol @ Reinoes read on me in the dead thread :3
So why were you trying to frame Drew-sta??? That's was contributing to me scumreading you in the dead thread.
To stay alive until late in the game as my DV worked in Xlo and I had a bit of a scum read on him
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 am

Post by shos »

In post 992, shos wrote:Your Abilities:
You have the One Ring! - Invisibility: If you have the One Ring, you can avoid being killed once.
This is what reinoe misinterpretted.

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Guyett »

In post 933, Guyett wrote:Proto who is your main if you don't mind me asking?

I have a high tempo play style and I don't really like to wait around too much with stuff. The way I saw things yesterday is we had a mass claim and there were no investigative roles in play there was a conf town who is usually NK target. It made no sense to me to delay a decision that would have to be made and tbh if I am to lose by town mislynching I kind of want to be at fault for it and not leave the game up to others.

I'm going to think on things but right now I think I want to lynch you proto.

Rach doesn't make sense as scum here. If she is scum she's scum with FH... why would scum rach hard bus when in this situation both Aronis and sns are town and both are countering each other.
Also the fact that (I think) the other players in the game don't suspect her to be scum is probably a good sign.

Aronis play is odd here... but its always odd. He is lynchbait usually. I don't know if he's been setup as a mislynch or not :/
However it is strange that Proto is voting him despite apparently not finding a ring on him. If aronis is scum he should have the ring. Surely Proto's 'investigation' would have cleared Aronis.

There is also that weird proto play where he seemed to know rein would flip town and the fight with bulba could have been scum theatre.
Also he was happy to push a lynch on the 1 v 1 between aronis and sns but didn't want to lynch FH.

I was so close to fucking things up here :/

good thing I took a step back and had a look at stuff
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

Post by shos »

In post 1007, Guyett wrote:Could Proto have burgled reinoe?
he tried post mortem, lol.

In the planning, it was considered, whether stealing from dead bodies will be legit. but I decided that no.

Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Guyett »

Never known Guyett to put that much thought into a decision... I guess Skype is a lot different than forum play.
Normally I don't hesitate on decisions... but when I'm conf town I do tbh
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Dr Pants »

lol @ bulba: "Freya is not someone to be worried about, since he's composed of a newb who doesn't know what he's looking for and a derp that's just as bad."

gloves come off, time to gloat!
The fact that I've gotten you lynched or killed as scum 2 times out of 2 must hit your ego hard :P
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:24 am

Post by ToastyToast »

In post 1004, Bulbazak wrote:Reinoe's claim was exactly the problem, as I pointed out. If someone ever freaks out and claims under very little pressure, says that they're unkillable, and follows that up with "Don't lynch me guys or the scum will win!", then I will lynch them with fire, because 9 times out of 10 that's a scum claim due to the bastard role claim, the flailing, and the AtE. Not to mention the fact that if he's really unkillable, why is he 1.) claiming and putting a target on his back under little pressure and 2.) WORRYING ABOUT BEING KILLED? The speed lynch was bad. Aronis's vote was actually opportunistic. But in the end, it was Reinoe's fault, because not only did he make an obv. scum claim, but then he followed it up with a freaking self hammer! Every single competent player saw it. It was the derps who were left in charge of the town after Mastin's lynch that continued to stumble around in the dark and ignore how bad of a claim that was.
Well obviously Reinoe derp-hammered himself, but you all jumped on that so damn fast and THAT is what made it suspicious. I bet if you guys took time on the Reinoe lynch he would've still gotten lynched in the end without the suspicions of myself and Proto.

And I will gladly be a derp if it wins games :)
"A train robbery is where you take a train to your destination, make your move, and take a train back, right?"-Isaac

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@Toast: I was actually in the process of voting Reinoe when he made that claim. As soon as I saw that claim, the town voice in the back of my head went "Oh, heck no!".

shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:30 am

Post by shos »

In post 1013, Dr Pants wrote:lol @ bulba: "Freya is not someone to be worried about, since he's composed of a newb who doesn't know what he's looking for and a derp that's just as bad."

gloves come off, time to gloat!
The fact that I've gotten you lynched or killed as scum 2 times out of 2 must hit your ego hard :P
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/miWeH99detmQ
see the mod topic, I rofled at that

So guys, as my first modded original, anything to say? improve? balance? decisions?

Thank you all for playing, staying, replacing in, etc. I enjoyed modding this one very much!

Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Dr Pants »

modding was great! maybe change ring mechanics so that the ring can still be found after its owner dies?
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Dr Pants »

course that is a balancing question
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:35 am

Post by reinoe »

I think the modding was fine, even with the whole ring misinterpretation.

I also liked that you added something extra with the "fun facts".

Selkie
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:36 am

Post by Guyett »

Modding was great

Sorry for drunk hammering 3-2-mango
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:37 am

Post by reinoe »

Nice Dr. P, I see you've updated your wiki. We've got some impressive stats for a couple of newbs who don't know anything :lol:

Selkie
ToastyToast
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
ToastyToast
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:39 am

Post by ToastyToast »

I take responsibility for any and all success Dr. P has in any games ever, as I talked him into joining the site

RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:40 am

Post by RachMarie »

great game shos

I was so frustrated though for a while there when everyone kept ignoring my read on FH, I know I am not the greatest at playing but when I get a read like that and start tunneling so heavily, I am often right. Glad we did lynch them.

Reinoe, why on EARTH did you self vote before I could post? I would have stood up and stated obviously Frodo being in the game as town made sense.

Bulba and FH I think overestimated my ability though as a townie in the scum QT. Other than pushing my strongest scum read, I really did not do that much, especially with being gone for a few days due to the net issues. Guyett would have been a far better target to NK. And basically he won the game for us.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Bulbazak »

My original plan was to kill Guyett before Mylo/Lylo.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”