Mini 897 - OpenSource Mafia - Game over!!

SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Snow_Bunny wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:However, I'll rather go with the
4 likely suspects.
That is a terrible misobservation.
How come?
Well because:
Iecerint wrote:That leaves the 4 players on
my
list.
Iec is in no way, shape, or form, cleared of anything by any means.
Now obviously he wouldn't put himself on his own scumlist.
But for other players to take that as their own, is not a good thing.
And a bit of a false dilemma.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Vaya catches some posts of Glork that make it very likely he wanted us to think he was a death miller. The fact that he was going to full claim day 2 also means it’s likely he was telling the truth. This makes Alma’s claim more believable.

Re: iec’s clears:
Iecerint wrote:
MafiaSSK wrote:Could you please explain every one of those?
It's not that those players are particularly scummy, but rather that everyone else is largely cleared:

1. Glork is town because he was probably a death miller (GDM).
2. Alma is probably not scum because his reaction to Faraday's gag rule is consistent with his claim. (The numbers post still bothers me, though, tbh. I really expected it to be explained when Alma claimed.)
3. Vaya is not scum for pointing out the situation with Alma in a circumstance where no one had picked up on GDM even after I'd mentioned it.
4. Given all that, UK has to be town, because there was no reason for her to stop the Vaya lynch D1 if she was scum.
5. Phate/tubby is town because of something that happened N1 and early D2. I will elaborate on this later.
6. I think SB is probably town because of her claim on Phate. She claimed it before I intimated any insight, so she cleared Phate, Cop/converter.
1 is fine. 2 is fine. 3 is ok – with the words death miller already floating around, and Vaya-scum knowing that he was a DM, I can see him pre-empting people with the revelation, but this certainly makes me think Vaya much more likely town. 4 – well yeah. Questioning a guilty on a townie would be pretty odd as scum. 5 I obviously can’t comment on. 6 I think is naïve. I don’t see any reason to believe that someone who has claimed cop is real just because they have an inno on someone you think is town. In a game like this, sanities are always going to be hugely in doubt, and there’s really no great risk attached to scum “clearing” someone.
I expected to disagree with more of those. I’d add iec and SB to the list, and remove myself, but this is basically goodposting. So I’m thinking the best place to look for scum is in:
SP
SSK
Pom
iec
SB
Iecerint wrote: 3. FTF's D1 miller claim looks weird in light of all the gag orders elsewhere. Also, he's been a pretty on-the-backburner player all game. The only post of his I can remember is the one justifying that he wasn't likely to be 3rd party on account of his checking guilty. O_o
In this game, we have 4 different types of miller claimed, including SSK. I think this actually adds credence to the first miller claim – if I were scum, I’d have to be lucky to land in the middle of millertown just when I decided to claim miller.
I don’t deny being fairly on-the-backburner, as you put it. I’ve struggled to work out what is going on, in terms of setup or who the scum are. However, the last sentence of this sits very badly with me. The post you refer to was a couple of lines extremely early in the game. I haven’t had a huge impact on this game to date, but reading myself in iso I’ve made some decent posts, given my reads, commented on everything important – including giving a case for you being scum, alone and with Vaya, which I would have thought is the kind of thing to stick in the mind. For you to remember only one post, which casts me in a bad light, is pretty unbelievable.
I’d really like your reasoning on phate as soon as you feel you can give it.

For my own reference, claims so far (no particular order):
1. Me, miller
2. Alma, miller
3. Glork, likely death miller (not actually claimed)
4. UK, sanity checker
5. Phate, cop/converter
6. SB, semi-identical cop/converter - inno on Phate
7. Faraday, cop
8. SSK, one shot cop who takes alignment of investigatee for investigation purposes
Unclaimed: iec, SP, Pom, Vaya
Am I missing anything?

Given this list, I’m tempted to call for massclaim just because almost everyone has claimed, but I can’t see it doing much good.

I think it’s pretty suspect that SB didn’t notice iec wasn’t on his own list.
So, looking at my likely scum pool:
SP I’ve got a townie read on.
SSK I don’t like at all. Rereading him in iso, it’s notable how he hardly gives any reasons why people are scum. I think when IIoA is this extreme, it’s definitely a scumtell. The main mitigating factor is his very early claim. His 99% breadcrumb I actually find relatively convincing – I can’t think of many roles with which he could have claimed to have had 99% certainty. Being the first to claim, in such a certain way, points to him being town.
Pom – Quite a lot of fluff. Her case on Almaster (iso 29) isn’t a good one – she argues that Almaster is scum for being hypocritical regarding scumhunting and IIoA. Well, hypocrisy isn’t a scumtell – and moreover, I think it’s odd to think of it as one. (Much) later, Pom says she “isn’t an energetic scumhunter” and “often procrastinates in regard to scumhunting”. I can readily believe these, but they sit quite badly with taking someone else to task over lack of scumhunting – if you are similarly afflicted, I would have though you’d understand when someone else isn’t scumhunting. I think Pom reads pretty scummy.
iec – I had problems with iec during day 1, but his recent posts feel very protown to me. I don’t want to lynch him today.
SB – no real read here. As above, her recent failure to notice iec wasn’t on his scumlist I find very suspicious.

So the lynches I’m most up for today are Pom, SB and SSK. I think that’s my order of preference atm.
vote: Pom
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

Yep, I really only remembered that post. Could be because it's the only time I've really interacted with you this game. Well, to be fair, that whole exchange was several posts, but you know what I meant.

I think your listed SSK claim is mistaken. SSK claimed 1-shot daycop who checks guilty after using his ability.

I could accept a massclaim if I may be vague about the function of my ability and tubby is vague about its consequences. If those are known, my ability will no longer function as intended.

Why do you have a town read on SP?
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:01 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

The more I evaluate SSK's claim, the shadier it looks. I think Pom needs to claim and/or die today, though.

I like Fishy's last post. In retrospect, the one thing I don't understand is why his Miller claim did not have the no-claim-on-D1 clause like Glork's and mine did. I suppose this could have something to do with him being Apple and not Windows, but I'm not sure.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

AlmasterGM wrote:Pomegranate, who are your top three suspects right now? Who do you think we should lynch today?

FTF- He hasn't done much, and claimed miller early. I smell scum. Also, his miller claim doesn't fit with Alma's and Glork's PM clauses (assuming GlokDM, which seems extremely likely right now):
AlmasterGM wrote: In retrospect, the one thing I don't understand is why his Miller claim did not have the no-claim-on-D1 clause like Glork's and mine did. I suppose this could have something to do with him being Apple and not Windows, but I'm not sure.
tubby- I know Iec claimed to have info on him, but I can't base my decisions on info I don't have ATM.
SSK-
SB wrote: Let me see if I get SSK's claim well. He has a one-shot day investigation that turns him into miller after expended? If that's truth, I'll be nominating Sly for most complex role in the Scummies.
SB wrote:Pom needs to claim.
I'm basically a doctor. I'm a WB user who would like to switch to Linux, but can't. Since I can't, I at least try to protect players from MS once a night. If I attempt to protect a player whose alignment is being converted that night, my protection will not go through. I cannot protect myself.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

[quote="AlmasterGM"]The more I evaluate SSK's claim, the shadier it looks. I think Pom needs to claim and/or die today, though.

I like Fishy's last post. In retrospect, the one thing I don't understand is why his Miller claim did not have the no-claim-on-D1 clause like Glork's and mine did. I suppose this could have something to do with him being Apple and not Windows, but I'm not sure.[/quote
Can you describe how my role is looking shadier?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by Iecerint »

1. That spacing literally hurts my feelings. It's worse than UK's. <_<
2. Your explanations for your top suspects (except tubby, maybe, who is conspicuously *absent* <_<) are basically other players' arguments, and the one about SSK is particularly silly. Or I think it is. His ability isn't complex at all relative to others that have been claimed in this game. Not that there aren't independent reasons to find him scummy.
3. Did you breadcrumb at all?
4. Who did you target N1? Why?

We can probably check her reaction to the various conversion claims to evaluate the plausibility of her claim.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Unvote
to prevent an opportunistic hammer. I believe she was at L-1.
Pomegranate
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Pomegranate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by Pomegranate »

Iecerint wrote:1. That spacing literally hurts my feelings. It's worse than UK's. <_<
2. Your explanations for your top suspects (except tubby, maybe, who is conspicuously *absent* <_<) are basically other players' arguments, and the one about SSK is particularly silly. Or I think it is. His ability isn't complex at all relative to others that have been claimed in this game. Not that there aren't independent reasons to find him scummy.
3. Did you breadcrumb at all?
4. Who did you target N1? Why?

We can probably check her reaction to the various conversion claims to evaluate the plausibility of her claim.
1. Sorry, I see it got messed up.
2. K.
3. No
4. UK. I found (and still find) her to considerably pro-town.
Show
"You're a silly Pom. Silly silly girl." -Fate

"I didn't want to use you Pom... I never killed you. I didn't endgame you it was my evil buddies!
Sowwy >_<" -scumFate.

"Pom was on my "I will not kill, and I shall seek vengeance upon the death of them" list." -CSL
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by tubby216 »

ok so this makes no sense,

phate investigated snowbunny last nite

phate recieved a result of guilty.

phate did not try to convert snowbunny

how this all fits in i have no idea but thats what happened last nite
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Whoa. That literally makes no sense.

Vote: Phate

I misread Phate's early D2 behavior, I guess. If tubby is telling the truth, he is scum, unless I am insane. I would be surprised if my ability has sanity problems, so I'm inclined to think he is scum. This probably means that SB is insane and/or scum.

I can claim how my ability works at this point, if you want, because it may have caught someone. Once I do, it is unlikely that it will catch someone else in the future, though, so please keep that in mind.

This is a major surprise for me, so I've sent a PM to the Mod to see whether my night action was missed or I was roleblocked. I didn't receive a PM indicating that I was roleblocked, though, so I doubt that was the case (because UK has been told she would have received a PM).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Iecerint »

EBWOP: Ugh, the claimed SB result hadn't really sunk in yet. That hurts my head. <_<

I really don't know how to interpret Phate's claimed result on SB. It also doesn't make sense that he'd come out with a result like that when I'd given him an excuse to neglect mentioning any N1 result and there were already nice wagons elsewhere. Not to mention that Phate bizarrely neglected to convert SB. O_o
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:38 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I just double-checked. I definitely have my night-action in my Sentbox, so I know I sent my action.

I'll let you know when I hear from the Mod whether
she
he forgot to apply it or whatever.

Fixed.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Pomegranate wrote:
AlmasterGM wrote:Pomegranate, who are your top three suspects right now? Who do you think we should lynch today?

FTF- He hasn't done much, and claimed miller early. I smell scum. Also, his miller claim doesn't fit with Alma's and Glork's PM clauses (assuming GlokDM, which seems extremely likely right now)
In this game, we have three claimed millers (including GDM), and one role verging on miller (SSK). Do you really think that the minor variation of my role from those of the others points to me being scum?

Can you expand on "he hasn't done much" please? In particular, why does it make you think I'm scum?

@SSK: if you had got an "innocent" result, would you check guilty?

I need to think about whether or not I want iec to claim.
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:16 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

SocioPath wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:
SocioPath wrote:
Snow_Bunny wrote:However, I'll rather go with the
4 likely suspects.
That is a terrible misobservation.
How come?
Well because:
Iecerint wrote:That leaves the 4 players on
my
list.
Iec is in no way, shape, or form, cleared of anything by any means.
Now obviously he wouldn't put himself on his own scumlist.
But for other players to take that as their own, is not a good thing.
And a bit of a false dilemma.
Oh, I see. I missed that. Point taken.

On light of tubby's claim, he's either insane or scum (though, without being sure of sanities until today, I can't see why Phate didn't convert me). I want to lynch tubby just to test my sanity :P

Bastard game is bastard.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Iecerint »

I've received a PM from the Mod. My ability was not missed. Either I am insane AND my ability is inherently gimped, tubby is scum, or there's a player who can temporarily/permanently change player sanities/abilities (remote).

The ability claim is kinda weird given my having allowed him to forego it, even though it's how I know he's scum. It could be that he only read as far as Phate's claim D1 and neglected to read all of D2 yet. This would also explain why he doesn't at least allude to my constant requests that he be discreet when he claimed his result.

If the result is actually real (which, even if he's scum, requires me to have slightly misunderstood my ability), it's possible he didn't want to convert a guilty for the more obvious reason (scum!), but that presumes the scum don't know one another. It could also be that he was the player who was late to submit his ability. Maybe he just forgot that he could send a second PM to perform the second half of his ability if he so chose.
AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:23 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

iec wrote:or there's a player who can temporarily/permanently change player sanities/abilities (remote).
How is this possibility remote? In a game with such questionable sanities, it would make perfect sense for there to be a sanity switcher.

This setup speculation is going nowhere right now. We need to do one of two things:

1) Abandon setup speculation and lynch scum.

2) Massclaim and attempt to break.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:41 am

Post by Iecerint »

It's relatively remote because it requires us to imagine up a new player with a nontraditional role AND require that he targeted me last night, even though I don't think I'd insinuated a PR D1. This doesn't really take a lot of creativity.

The setup speculation has been happening for all of fourteen hours from midnight on a weekend. I'm glad you're here to heroically keep us on track.

Anyway, I'm voting who I think the scum us. Feel free to join in if you'd like.

It could be that Phate has some sort of ability immunity -- actually, that makes the most sense, because my ability should have prevented him from doing anything N1 regardless of his alignment -- but then he's scum, anyway, for failing to disclose this during his claim or during my subsequent insinuations.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Iecerint »

Oh, but ability immunity wouldn't explain SB's result on him. :?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@iec: it's worth considering that, if you really have caught scum, the chance that they'll let you catch another one isn't that good anyway. I'd suggest you claim your role if you think it will lead to the right lynch. With the information flying around in this game, your statement about Phate isn't strong enough for a lynch as it stands (even if everyone believes it - which I'm inclined to atm).

My town read on SP is gut. His posts feel very genuine.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I wanna wait at least a few more real-life days in the event that one of the players who hasn't posted yet in the interim is responsible for what happened. It would make me cry a little if I let the cat out of the bag and then discovered that the hypothetical non-traditional role'd character was out there after all.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Sounds sensible.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh well. Checking the claim with the Mod.

Also: I noticed something that may potentially explain the situation, so it's no longer quite so mysterious. Still supports tubbyScum, though.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by MafiaSSK »

Fishythefish wrote:
Pomegranate wrote:

FTF- He hasn't done much, and claimed miller early. I smell scum. Also, his miller claim doesn't fit with Alma's and Glork's PM clauses (assuming GlokDM, which seems extremely likely right now)
In this game, we have three claimed millers (including GDM), and one role verging on miller (SSK). Do you really think that the minor variation of my role from those of the others points to me being scum?

Can you expand on "he hasn't done much" please? In particular, why does it make you think I'm scum?

@SSK: if you had got an "innocent" result, would you check guilty?

I need to think about whether or not I want iec to claim.
Yes
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Vaya
Vaya
Goon
Vaya
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:50 am

Post by Vaya »

Unvote
Vote: tubby

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”