DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:18 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Votecount 1.02

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).

Votecount
Gamma Emerald (2):
FuDuzn, Alianna
Alianna (1):
Naerys
DeltaWave (1):
Laplacian
Hu Tao (1):
Gypyx
MargotRosa (1):
Claptastik
Upwards (1):
lucca261
Gypyx (1):
Hu Tao

Not Voting (5):
Upwards, Zebedee, DeltaWave, MargotRosa, Gamma Emerald

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

flavor
Dragon Fact #3:
It is considered bad manners and possibly offensive to address a dragon whose help or advice you seek, while using protective spells.
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:18 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 91, Upwards wrote: Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF
VOTE: upward

This seems a bit forced for me.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:22 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 93, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 39, Gypyx wrote:
In post 23, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 14, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 11, Hu Tao wrote: Hi.
I like your entrance the best.

You are town.
Thank you. I will blindly trust this and say you're town too!
VOTE: Hu Tao

kinda wanna say this comes from scum? Like, there's a bit of a "oh god i gotta appear towny" in those words imho
"blindly" also sounds hyperaware of the lack of info a townie would normally have
VOTE: gypyx
Die Die Die

hope that's not a serious vote tbh
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Upwards - might be scum.
Claptastik - leaning town.
FuDuzn - town
Laplacian - the slightest of town reads
Gypyx - might be town

This is where I am so far.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 102, Gypyx wrote:
In post 93, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 39, Gypyx wrote:
In post 23, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 14, FuDuzn wrote:
In post 11, Hu Tao wrote: Hi.
I like your entrance the best.

You are town.
Thank you. I will blindly trust this and say you're town too!
VOTE: Hu Tao

kinda wanna say this comes from scum? Like, there's a bit of a "oh god i gotta appear towny" in those words imho
"blindly" also sounds hyperaware of the lack of info a townie would normally have
VOTE: gypyx
Die Die Die

hope that's not a serious vote tbh
It was at the time. But I like your posts following that
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 101, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 91, Upwards wrote: Day 1 Vet Bait here, TP/LO on me. Oh wait, wrong game.

Alrighty, so here we are, my first ever comment in my first ever Mafia game. Super excited to try this out, hope I find the time to properly contribute.

I found this site by reading about a funny jester role in a Mafia game with 100 players, and then I kinda got hooked and read the whole thing. It was interesting. My main takeaway was that the dude with the Majoras Mask Profil picture was right, town needs to rule with an iron fist. Less chitty chatty, more substance.

That said, seeing as I’m new to this I obviously don’t intend to tell others how to play. Not like I’d be familiar with the normal meta here already. In Town of Salem which is my main experience with this sort of genre so far it would be customary to start by going down the playerlist asking for roles, but from what I understand that’s not how it works here?

So I guess I will just start talking about things I find notable reading the previous conversations. Please let me know if you think anything about the points I am making or if I am mistaken in some way.

GL,HF

Why is it scum instead of just newb?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

eeeeh, just gonna pretend i think Hu Tao is town for now and i'm challenging that when we get to it
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 105, Gamma Emerald wrote:

GL,HF

Could be. But I feel new people are not as likely to have a scripted opening like that.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:28 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 106, Gypyx wrote: eeeeh, just gonna pretend i think Hu Tao is town for now and i'm challenging that when we get to it
Nope. No going back. You MUST decide now if I'm town or not.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 107, Hu Tao wrote:

GL,HF

Could be. But I feel new people are not as likely to have a scripted opening like that.
It’s player dependent, iirc a friend from my homesite opened his first game on here with RQS?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I guess I'll make my decision based on more posts then. But I'm fine with my vote being on them now.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:32 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 108, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 106, Gypyx wrote: eeeeh, just gonna pretend i think Hu Tao is town for now and i'm challenging that when we get to it
Nuh uh

to be clearer i feel like you're the kind of slot that's gonna get easier to read as the game goes on, plus i don't trust i'd be able to successfully lead a push on you anyways (regardless of ur alignement) so no real point dwelling on that

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:34 am

Post by Gypyx »

VOTE: MargotRosa

Anyways wanna vote a slot that's been weirdly shy about things?

bottom text
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:49 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 111, Gypyx wrote:
Nuh uh

to be clearer i feel like you're the kind of slot that's gonna get easier to read as the game goes on, plus i don't trust i'd be able to successfully lead a push on you anyways (regardless of ur alignement) so no real point dwelling on that
Can you clarify why you think I'll be easier to read as the game goes on?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
<Embrace The Void>

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:04 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 113, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 111, Gypyx wrote:
Nuh uh

Can you clarify why you think I'll be easier to read as the game goes on?
Short bursts of posts are usually pretty hard to read in a vaccum but as we get more and more additional context it basically gives more material around which to analyse what you're saying

at least that's how i think it should go, still a bit rusty of mafia stuff

bottom text
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:10 pm

Post by Laplacian »

In post 114, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 112, Gypyx wrote: VOTE: MargotRosa

I somewhat agree with this idea. I think she’s just been not present but wouldn’t mind leaving her a little present on her return :twisted:
I'm down with this vote (despite only having 2 posts myself)
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 92, Gypyx wrote: Right on so far ! As it seems you've played way more ToS (may i ask if it was on the forums or the actual game?) i'd say mostly that in terms of roles, you need to expect half the town to not have any powers, scum huting is therefore way less reliant on mechanical data and more like, actually reading people, take all i say with a grain of salt obviously, but try to focus on seeing the intent / mindset / agenda behind what people are saying, should be a good start
I played it on my phone app, didn’t even know ToS forums existed until just now. I assume the main difference are the time intervals as well then? From what I’m used Town usually did what the loudest, most confident players recommended, no matter the flaws under the shining surface of their logical reasoning. Less time pressure should mean more focus on that logic aspect, which I appreciate and am looking forward to.

Not sure what to make of ScumHunting being mostly based on reading people.It’s gotta be a lot of fun, but appears a little bit difficult to get started without any mechanical hints. Alas, I shall try my best to form some leans.

Another broken quote fixed :cop:
Last edited by DragonEater70 on Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Upwards »

wtf happened with the formatting lol?
"Upwards atp would have to be really good as scum to be fooling me, I think." ~ Gamma Emerald

Bottom Text
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:16 pm

Post by Laplacian »

Not many reads yet. HT and Aliana feel towny. Upwards has the tryhard poat that feels nai from a newbie. Deltawave having no comment on my vote also feels a little scummy.
Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 12:19 pm

Post by Laplacian »

Also, my posting'll be a little light for next couple days. At the country dance world championships atm. Will have more time after my wife competes.

So plz dont turbo me until then kthx
(Unless it's really funny)
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:00 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 107, Hu Tao wrote:

GL,HF

Wow, I absolutely love it. Like, unironically it made me laugh. Very first post on this site and I get to hear my opening is scripted. Fun Fact: It’s not. It’s just the story of how I came here in the first place, cuz with what else to start? "Hi" was already taken you know. But you’re right, I obviously had some idea of what I wanted to put in there.

Also am I misunderstanding something or are you saying I am not new? I literally had no account just a couple days ago…

Anyways, with this Hu Tao officially comes into my Slightly Town leaning order. I think Mafia would feel silly making such an argument and from what I’ve seen so far she’s on track to become a guiding light. I like Posts 96,97, and 113 simply because it mirrors what I’ve seen from trusted townies in the game I’ve read. This seems to be the way to go. Alternatively she’s a pretty good Scum player.

Bottom Text
Upwards
Upwards
Goon
Upwards
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:08 pm

Post by Upwards »

In post 119, Laplacian wrote: Upwards has the tryhard poat that feels nai from a newbie.
I’m afraid I don’t understand, what does "poat" and "nai" mean? ( English is not my native language )

Bottom Text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

nai = not alignment indicative
idk what poat is supposed to be, unless it's a typo of "post"
<Embrace The Void>

Laplacian
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Laplacian
he/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:14 pm

Post by Laplacian »

Poat = Typo for "post"
Nai = not alignment indicative. Meaning it doesn't say if you're town or scum either eay

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”