Micro 1084 | Quantum Mafia | Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
qm camille
qm camille
Townie
qm camille
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:06 pm

Post by qm camille »

votecount 1.3
  • Ircher [2]:
    imaginality (), biancospino ()
    heipizhu4 [2]:
    Doctor Drew (), JasonWazza ()
    imaginality [1]:
    Ircher ()
    JasonWazza [1]:
    Merlyn ()
    Merlyn [1]:
    ceejayvinoya ()
    biancospino [1]:
    heipizhu4 ()

no elimination [1]:
    Aliana ()

it takes 5 votes to put someone in the box

deadline:
    (expired on 2023-06-30 17:07:12)
Spoiler: votelog
Doctor Drew votes Aliana ()
JasonWazza votes Doctor Drew ()
imaginality votes Ircher ()
Aliana votes Aliana ()
Ircher votes imaginality ()
Merlyn votes JasonWazza ()
ceejayvinoya votes Merlyn ()
JasonWazza votes Merlyn ()
JasonWazza votes Ircher ()
heipizhu4 unvotes ()
Aliana votes no elimination ()
biancospino votes Ircher ()
Doctor Drew votes heipizhu4 ()
JasonWazza votes heipizhu4 ()
heipizhu4 votes hiepizhu4 ()
heipizhu4 unvotes ()
heipizhu4 votes biancospino ()

joint moderator ISO
sometimes if you let people do things to you you're really doing it to them
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:26 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 0, bugspray wrote: rest assured, all rules are written down in the moderator thread
@Mod: Are all rules considered active at all times, even if they aren't public knowledge?
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:28 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
Lol, I do kinda vibe with this.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 99, ceejayvinoya wrote: Anyone else just wanna wing this and play it like a regular game of Mafia until the mechanics screws us over?
So where should we start? Like:
VOTE: imagine as a pressure post for having the least post count?

So, imagine, do you have any thought on this game currently, either about the mechanic or the reads on players?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:28 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 102, Doctor Drew wrote:
Lol, I do kinda vibe with this.
I mostly just find it weird why someone would feel the need to say this, over just doing it.
In post 103, heipizhu4 wrote:

So, imagine, do you have any thought on this game currently, either about the mechanic or the reads on players?
Why do you feel the need to make everyone talk about the mechanics of the game?
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 104, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 103, heipizhu4 wrote:

Why do you feel the need to make everyone talk about the mechanics of the game?
Because the machanic is one of the most important parts of this game (or I won't come to join this word game against the mod lol). Possible benefits include:
  • Collective creativity
  • Fishing some gms out of the mafia's mouth (if mafia know more machanics than we do)
  • Heating up the discussion and try to push things away from rvs. Tbh, let someone discuss the machanics should be easier to ask for reads here I guess?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Heating up the discussion and try to push things away from rvs.
There are 2 real votes on you, you realize that yeah?
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Fishing some gms out of the mafia's mouth (if mafia know more machanics than we do)
So your just basically admitting to being scum, and having more information aren't you?

Because you no longer have the excuse of there being no Sample PM's, so there would be no reason to assume this.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:34 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 106, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Heating up the discussion and try to push things away from rvs.
In post 105, heipizhu4 wrote: Fishing some gms out of the mafia's mouth (if mafia know more machanics than we do)
So your just basically admitting to being scum, and having more information aren't you?

Because you no longer have the excuse of there being no Sample PM's, so there would be no reason to assume this.
Yeah, I realized, but I also realized the votes are not votes that try to get me eliminated. As I infered above, box != dead. I'm fine if you guys really put me in the box to test what the box actually means, and I'm ready for sacrifice.

Isn't it Common knowledge that scum have more information than the town? As we all know, the game is about 'uninformed majority' vs 'informed minority' and you just stopped us from getting more info. :igmeou:
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:38 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 106, JasonWazza wrote: no Sample PM's
Sorry, never trust the mod in a bastard game lol. Even the sample pm is given, how can you be sure scums have exactly the same amount of info as the town (execept they know their partners)? Apply the same logic on you, you basically admit scum and say 'I don't know more info about the setup than the town', aren't you?
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 107, heipizhu4 wrote: Isn't it Common knowledge that scum have more information than the town?
The knowledge they have is of their alignment, and as a general rule of thumb in other games, the fact that they are likely the only team with their alignment, we are not playing a standard game, so that likely isn't even true (we have knowledge of a Quantum Goon Role card, that doesn't mean there isn't more fuckery afoot)

So Mafia's information is their partner, compared to Town who don't have info as to who is on their team.
In post 107, heipizhu4 wrote: Yeah, I realized, but I also realized the votes are not votes that try to get me eliminated. As I infered above, box != dead. I'm fine if you guys really put me in the box to test what the box actually means, and I'm ready for sacrifice.
I mean, if somehow you don't die, i'm down to try again till you do.

P-Edit:
In post 108, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 106, JasonWazza wrote: no Sample PM's
Sorry, never trust the mod in a bastard game lol. Even the sample pm is given, how can you be sure scums have exactly the same amount of info as the town (execept they know their partners)? Apply the same logic on you, you basically admit scum and say 'I don't know more info about the setup than the town', aren't you?
To be clear, i'm not the one assuming they do or don't know anything, you are, my accusations are at the fact that you seem to be implying they have more knowledge, when at least a town player shouldn't believe that is truth.

I don't think talking about mechanics helps town right now (especially since we don't know if someone on the Town side has something that interacts with these mechanics, and would be best left undisclosed.)
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:45 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 109, JasonWazza wrote: and as a general rule of thumb in other games OF THIS SIZE
EBWOP
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:01 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 101, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 0, bugspray wrote: rest assured, all rules are written down in the moderator thread
@Mod: Are all rules considered active at all times, even if they aren't public knowledge?
No comment.
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jun 23, 2023 10:05 pm

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 109, JasonWazza wrote: To be clear, i'm not the one assuming they do or don't know anything, you are, my accusations are at the fact that you seem to be implying they have more knowledge, when at least a town player shouldn't believe that is truth.
Fair. Probably I got myself tunneled into taking that 'scum know more about the setup'. Thanks for pointing it out!
In post 109, JasonWazza wrote: I don't think talking about mechanics helps town right now (especially since we don't know if someone on the Town side has something that interacts with these mechanics, and would be best left undisclosed.)
I still think it do. I mean, I still consider that scumhunting should be as important as revealing the rules. If we put all the special rules aside, we are pushing the game into a 2v7 mountainous setup, and it definitely doesn't favor us.
Based on the experiments conducted on the last three pages, we have already altered the op in 3 different places, so I've got a feeling that the gms are revealed by discussing and forming some certain opinions somehow. So what was doing here is to treat this thread as a lab and see what exactly will happen.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:41 am

Post by biancospino »

In post 107, heipizhu4 wrote: Yeah, I realized, but I also realized the votes are not votes that try to get me eliminated. As I infered above, box != dead. I'm fine if you guys really put me in the box to test what the box actually means, and I'm ready for sacrifice.
And, as I infered above, box~=elimination.
We vote for putting people in the box as per the VCs, somewhere in the rules it is said that we vote for elimination, so you don't get to pretend that votes for you are not in fact trying to lim you. Sacrifice is also a strange word for something you are sure is in no way death.

Weren't you the one testing the ground to see if we would accept that, if someone would appear to try to get into the box, then we should consider that maybe the box doesn't hurt scum? And how convenient, you're signaling you're fine with getting into the box now

In post 51, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 39, ceejayvinoya wrote: We don't even know if voting mafia to be put in the box will help town lol
In post 44, biancospino wrote:
In post 42, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 39, ceejayvinoya wrote: We don't even know if voting mafia to be put in the box will help town lol
We don't even know whether a scum exist here lol
Frankly unless there's strong evidence of the contrary it's probably best to just assume there is
So if we can spot a player here playing like a jester, we may assume 'putting mafia in the box doesn't help town'?
VOTE: heip
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:44 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 55, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 51, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 44, biancospino wrote:
In post 42, heipizhu4 wrote:
We don't even know whether a scum exist here lol
Frankly unless there's strong evidence of the contrary it's probably best to just assume there is
So if we can spot a player here playing like a jester, we may assume 'putting mafia in the box doesn't help town'?
This would assume the "Mafia" have knowledge of the mechanics, and that's not necessarily true.
It's not necessarily true that mafia know more, but by being the informed minority, they have access to more information, so it's possible they know something the rest of us don't.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 64, JasonWazza wrote:
In post 62, Aliana wrote:
In post 60, JasonWazza wrote: I don't like that the votes are with post numbers so i want to test something for the next VC.

VOTE: Merlyn
VOTE: Ircher
Why don't you like it? That's a pretty common thing for mods to do.
I'm a very paranoid person, and bugspray in previous games hasn't used post numbers in VC's (i checked)
In post 0, bugspray wrote: Day phases last for 168 hours (seven earth spinnies). During this time all players must vote on who to put into the box.
And i'll note that the above doesn't actually say that the deadline passes when we put X people into the box
Isn't qm camille the co-mod (i.e., not bugspray)? Maybe they are just using an automated tool that does the post linking for them to simplify things.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:51 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 83, bugspray wrote:
Sample Role PMs have been made public. Additional information about the box has been made public.
Oh this is interesting. Do we learn more about the setup as we correctly guess stuff?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:55 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 96, heipizhu4 wrote:
In post 0, bugspray wrote:
Sample PMs:

Town Role PM
Welcome to Quantum Mafia You are a
Quantum Townie

You have no active abilities.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated.

Reality feels unstable.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Scum Role PMWelcome to Quantum Mafia You are a
Quantum Goon

You have
a partner
. Each night, you and your partner can collectively choose one player to put in a box. You must choose
which of you will put
that player in the box. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when all Quantum Townies are
dead

Reality feels unstable.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.
Bolded something out. I think I could reach some conclusions that:
  • Only 2 mafias exist
  • Which of the mafia to make the move matters. Probably it has relationship with the numbers?
  • Dead != in the box. So could I guess the box is may be something similar as being doused in the forest fire (https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Forest_Fire )setup + added to a neighborhood + some unknown effect?
1) Is a fair assumption in most micros
2) Also seems standard if we consider "put in the box" a variation on a factional kill.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:57 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 106, JasonWazza wrote:

No, this is a poor argument. Just because the sample role pms don't tell anything new doesn't mean mafia don't have access to other information they could accidentally leak.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:02 am

Post by Ircher »

I don't agree with the votes on heipizhu. I'd like to explore
VOTE: Doctor Drew instead.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:51 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 113, biancospino wrote: Weren't you the one testing the ground to see if we would accept that, if someone would appear to try to get into the box, then we should consider that maybe the box doesn't hurt scum? And how convenient, you're signaling you're fine with getting into the box now
If the box doesn't hurt the scum, why are we still voting anyway?
The reason why I'm fine getting into the box is that
a)I'm the newiest player here, so if we have to vote someone out, I'm the best choice among the town members
b) If I get into the box, perhaps I can get some information out of the box and benefit the town and there might be some chance for me to become a confimed townie.
c)Honestly, I signed up for this game to explore the machanics and have fun. So, being in the box can help me have some fun, why not if we are running out of choices?
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:57 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 118, Ircher wrote: No, this is a poor argument. Just because the sample role pms don't tell anything new doesn't mean mafia don't have access to other information they could accidentally leak.
Agree. Still remember the angle and demon mafia where the flipped pm is imcomplete, so here could be also the case
Spoiler:
In post 1228, mykonian wrote:
In that blissful moment, then
I felt myself so small, so great:
Cruelly you hurled me back again,
Into Man’s uncertain state.

Phir, the
Vanilla Townie
, has been killed.
Meuh, the
Mafia Demon
, has been killed.

example mafia demon role pm wrote:You are a
mafia demon
. During the day, before the elimination, you must send me the name of a player, to offer them a bargain. You can update this as often as you like. They will be offered a power.

At night, you can discuss the nightkill in this PT. You win when the mafia are the only ones alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.

It is now day 3, with 7 alive, it is 4 to eliminate.
In post 1422, mykonian wrote:
In post 1419, Enchant wrote: "Only gives watcher powers to mimes."

Greeting is not mime.
sorry, I'm writing it in short hand there. This is the full role PM and mod notes:
mykonian wrote:
mafia demon wrote:You are a
mafia demon
. During the day,
before
the elimination, you
must
send me the name of a player not in the mafia, to offer them a bargain. This is a compulsive action. You can update this as often as you like. They will be offered the chance to join a masonhood, a one shot vig, or a one shot watcher randomly. If they accept and die afterwards by any means, you will collect their soul and their role will not flip (but you will be told what their role was).

At night, you can discuss the nightkill with your partner xxx in this PT. You cannot kill the same person that was offered a bargain. You win when the mafia are the only ones alive, or nothing can stop this from happening.
First action given will be a watcher, then masonhood, then watcher etc. Mimes will only be offered watchers. If the game is going into the night with an uneven number, a vig will be offered.
With the added note that I realized during the game that the intention of the vig giving doesn't work the same way with the angel. It would cause the day to become even. It didn't matter because it was given to a mime, but to a townie I should've given a masonhood membership.
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:27 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

My current reading list:
Merlyn, imagine, Alian(n)a: neutral
Not lots of posts, tbh. Merlyn has only made 3 posts (which gives little information), imagine has only 1 post in as an rvs post, Aliana has some interactions with me, but kind of reluctant to think about the setup, not sure why
Doctor: a bit scumlean. Before , his post are all greeting posts, rather genuine. Then he skipped the gm discussion part, and voted for me. Kind of sussy, but I'll keep an eye in drew.
Bianco: townlean. Honestly. He has made several experiments on the setup, and his reasoning is fine on voting me, really.
ceej: neutral. Several one liners, just like his previous games.
Ircher: Hi, thanks for the defend! A tl on you, but not enough for a town read currently (cause the lack of information on the day1 of day1 lol)
Jason: I like his , but his scumread on me, idk, is 'single reasoned'. Not something I like. Neutral for now.

An ISO on myself: This player has done lots of lists and exploration on the setup, however, his intention to vote himself out is suspicious. Scumlean on him

That's another reason why I'm fine with you guys voting me. I tried to be 100% genuine here, but looking at myself's iso, I have sus on myself as well. Let's see what will happen next after I post this.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 122, heipizhu4 wrote: My current reading list:
Merlyn, imagine, Alian(n)a: neutral
Not lots of posts, tbh. Merlyn has only made 3 posts (which gives little information), imagine has only 1 post in as an rvs post, Aliana has some interactions with me, but kind of reluctant to think about the setup, not sure why
Doctor: a bit scumlean. Before , his post are all greeting posts, rather genuine. Then he skipped the gm discussion part, and voted for me. Kind of sussy, but I'll keep an eye in drew.
Bianco: townlean. Honestly. He has made several experiments on the setup, and his reasoning is fine on voting me, really.
ceej: neutral. Several one liners, just like his previous games.
Ircher: Hi, thanks for the defend! A tl on you, but not enough for a town read currently (cause the lack of information on the day1 of day1 lol)
Jason: I like his , but his scumread on me, idk, is 'single reasoned'. Not something I like. Neutral for now.

An ISO on myself: This player has done lots of lists and exploration on the setup, however, his intention to vote himself out is suspicious. Scumlean on him

That's another reason why I'm fine with you guys voting me. I tried to be 100% genuine here, but looking at myself's iso, I have sus on myself as well. Let's see what will happen next after I post this.
This is honestly one of the most frustrating things I see people in mafia doing. The game opened 21 hours ago , don't be throwing shade for 'low post count'. I don't like this whole, I have sus on myself thing... Like what? VOTE: hep
heipizhu4
heipizhu4
he
Goon
heipizhu4
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 3:38 am

Post by heipizhu4 »

In post 123, Merlyn wrote: on't be throwing shade for 'low post count'