Micro 1044: A Normal Blitz V - Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
anahit
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
anahit
ani db it she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: ani db it she

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:39 am

Post by anahit »

In post 97, Umlaut wrote:
In post 89, shiki wrote:
In post 87, Umlaut wrote:Cape even more town for backing off on Jacket at a moment when it's a very defensible wagon to be on.

Shiki, explain why you think otherwise? Idgi.
i am having a very difficult time following their thought process as town

like it feels very a to f

like post is seemingly made for content production reasons, cape disagrees with it, which to cape means the forced content is more likely to be coming from mafia?

when asked about this though, cape says that all reads made on rvs posts are not good though,

and then after looker moves votes and it feels like waves are moving away from jacket,

it felt to me like cape was like, moving towards townreading jacket in what felt like a kinda forced progression to me, as the whole coalition approach that cape specifically cited as +town for jacket seemed pretty hmmmmm to me
I really don't agree that "waves are moving away from jacket" is a good description of the game state when Cape changed votes. Looker moved vote away but as far as I can tell it was just because they weren't ready for E-1, not because they were particularly townreading Jacket. I don't entirely understand that argument that they're town but I don't need to understand it exactly to see the vote change as, like, the opposite of opportunistic.
still waiting on looker to expand on reasoning but that seems decent assumption to me as i talked about before

it feels that way to me as i don’t often see wagons like that immediately go back up (though are often revisited later) so seems like an opportunity for scum to make like ‘believable progression’ posts and the progression itself didn’t really make sense to me
is there salvation for you when a game is finished?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: idk she it me

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:40 am

Post by shiki »

In post 100, anahit wrote:
In post 97, Umlaut wrote:
In post 89, shiki wrote:
In post 87, Umlaut wrote:Cape even more town for backing off on Jacket at a moment when it's a very defensible wagon to be on.

Shiki, explain why you think otherwise? Idgi.
i am having a very difficult time following their thought process as town

like it feels very a to f

like post is seemingly made for content production reasons, cape disagrees with it, which to cape means the forced content is more likely to be coming from mafia?

when asked about this though, cape says that all reads made on rvs posts are not good though,

and then after looker moves votes and it feels like waves are moving away from jacket,

it felt to me like cape was like, moving towards townreading jacket in what felt like a kinda forced progression to me, as the whole coalition approach that cape specifically cited as +town for jacket seemed pretty hmmmmm to me
I really don't agree that "waves are moving away from jacket" is a good description of the game state when Cape changed votes. Looker moved vote away but as far as I can tell it was just because they weren't ready for E-1, not because they were particularly townreading Jacket. I don't entirely understand that argument that they're town but I don't need to understand it exactly to see the vote change as, like, the opposite of opportunistic.
still waiting on looker to expand on reasoning but that seems decent assumption to me as i talked about before

it feels that way to me as i don’t often see wagons like that immediately go back up (though are often revisited later) so seems like an opportunity for scum to make like ‘believable progression’ posts and the progression itself didn’t really make sense to me
sorry
feel free to delete this ghost
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Little Green Wheels »

In post 82, Dorsey wrote:voting is noticeable and pokes the bear. not poking anyone seems like a good way to hide and make friends.
Poking the bear? I don't really understand this when it's generally accepted that rvs votes are meaningless.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:41 am

Post by shiki »

In post 98, Little Green Wheels wrote:
In post 41, Umlaut wrote:
In post 27, Jacket wrote:It's a gut read. It's fine if you disagree. It will likely end up meaningless in the long term. But why should making a gut read you disagree with make me mafia?
You're saying was an actual read and not just page 1 shitposting?
In post 42, Umlaut wrote:VOTE: Jacket

E-1. I like this wagon.
In post 46, Umlaut wrote:Yes, exactly that, I just like getting wagons going early.

This is a real vote though, I think you've read everything aimed in your direction as unduly serious in a way that suggests a scummy hypersensitivity.
This is my first normal blitz, but when you realized that jacket's push was serious and then you put him at E-1 shouldn't there have been a request for him to claim?
uh, no?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:44 am

In post 60, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 46, Umlaut wrote:Yes, exactly that, I just like getting wagons going early.

This is a real vote though, I think you've read everything aimed in your direction as unduly serious in a way that suggests a scummy hypersensitivity.
I agree with this.
Which part are you agreeing with?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:45 am

In post 103, shiki wrote:
In post 27, Jacket wrote:It's a gut read. It's fine if you disagree. It will likely end up meaningless in the long term. But why should making a gut read you disagree with make me mafia?

E-1. I like this wagon.

This is my first normal blitz, but when you realized that jacket's push was serious and then you put him at E-1 shouldn't there have been a request for him to claim?
uh, no?
Okay.
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:48 am

Jacket may just be an aggressive player.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 70, shiki wrote:like you've made no effort to sort me, you say your read of bugspray may be biased but don't seem to be taking steps to figure out if so or not, you're townreading looker for ??? reasons
Prior to this you had 5 posts, all of which were incredibly underwhelming. I had you as highly likely to be scum, I was just holding off on saying it. The thing about trying to POE the game on day 1 is that I don't actually need to "sort" you, I just need to get the correct townreads. Same deal with bugspray. I felt they were being bizarrely overconfident in speaking for cape and jumping on me in a way that did't really make sense. If they're town being obnoxious, that's kind of whatever.

Looker come from a bit of experience in the game we were scum together. It's not a strong read still but felt like actually calling someone out for inactivity was proactive for him.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 106, Little Green Wheels wrote:Jacket may just be an aggressive player.
Congratulations.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:49 am

Post by Jacket »

Dorsey is probably town.
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:50 am

Post by shiki »

In post 105, Little Green Wheels wrote:
In post 103, shiki wrote:

E-1. I like this wagon.

uh, no?
Okay.
like purpose of claim at e-1 is to prevent a pr elimination like a fallback plan in case a pr is wagoned

but if the e-1 doesn’t come with real threat of elimination (as had someone yolo hammered that and jacket flipped town the hammerer pretty likely to have a lot of {probably futile} explaining to do) then claim has no benefit and only downside

so while should definitely make it clear it’s e-1 in that situation expectation of claim would be ?
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:52 am

Post by shiki »

In post 107, Jacket wrote:
In post 70, shiki wrote:like you've made no effort to sort me, you say your read of bugspray may be biased but don't seem to be taking steps to figure out if so or not, you're townreading looker for ??? reasons
Prior to this you had 5 posts, all of which were incredibly underwhelming. I had you as highly likely to be scum, I was just holding off on saying it. The thing about trying to POE the game on day 1 is that I don't actually need to "sort" you, I just need to get the correct townreads. Same deal with bugspray. I felt they were being bizarrely overconfident in speaking for cape and jumping on me in a way that did't really make sense. If they're town being obnoxious, that's kind of whatever.

Looker come from a bit of experience in the game we were scum together. It's not a strong read still but felt like actually calling someone out for inactivity was proactive for him.
based on what exactly? the problem with poeing the game like this is it doesn’t actually incentivize the thing you are claiming it does not does it give any leeway for you being wrong
shiki
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
shiki
idk she it me
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:52 am

Post by shiki »

*nor
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Jacket »

The petty part of me wants to say shiki comes off as incredibly threatened right now but I'm holding off on doing it. I think Vanderscamp is the best flip, by a lot.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 94, Little Green Wheels wrote:"I don't really care" doesn't help me understand why you said my posts were the scummiest. I know you say it was a gut read, but it's hard to counter a gut read, like it can be a default read when you don't have anything to support your initial read. I don't know if that was the case here. So I guess what I'm asking is what caused your brain to call my posts the scummiest and then vote for me. I don't want to probe it a whole lot, but you wanted to kill me over it, so I think I deserve more than "gut read."
The problem with that is that I don't really care about motivations for opening posts. Anyone can claim a plausible "motivation" for opening fluff. I pick at vibes, at feelings. Claiming I wanted to "kill" you because of a page 1 vote is a little over the top.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Jacket »

In actuality shiki is probably townier than Little Green Wheels.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 111, shiki wrote:
In post 107, Jacket wrote:

based on what exactly? the problem with poeing the game like this is it doesn’t actually incentivize the thing you are claiming it does not does it give any leeway for you being wrong
Okay. It's not like reads can't evolve.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Jacket »

Vanderscamp/bugspray/LGW. Leaves room for one more in the POE. TBD.
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:03 am

In post 114, Jacket wrote:
In post 94, Little Green Wheels wrote:"I don't really care" doesn't help me understand why you said my posts were the scummiest. I know you say it was a gut read, but it's hard to counter a gut read, like it can be a default read when you don't have anything to support your initial read. I don't know if that was the case here. So I guess what I'm asking is what caused your brain to call my posts the scummiest and then vote for me. I don't want to probe it a whole lot, but you wanted to kill me over it, so I think I deserve more than "gut read."
The problem with that is that I don't really care about motivations for opening posts. Anyone can claim a plausible "motivation" for opening fluff. I pick at vibes, at feelings. Claiming I wanted to "kill" you because of a page 1 vote is a little over the top.
Let's go with that then. What about my posts caused you to experience the vibe or feeling of voting me? What am I supposed to take from you that says okay this is why he did this?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:05 am

In post 115, Jacket wrote:In actuality shiki is probably townier than Little Green Wheels.
Are you answering a question that you asked yourself here?
Little Green Wheels
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Little Green Wheels
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:06 am

In post 118, Little Green Wheels wrote:
Let's go with that then. What about my posts caused you to experience the vibe or feeling of voting me? What am I supposed to take from you that says okay this is why he did this?
And as for wanting to kill me, isn't this what you were defending here?
In post 21, Jacket wrote:
In post 19, Cape90 wrote:VOTE: Jacket

Little Green Wheels is town I think, the post above me says so.
Okay. Why's that make me scum?
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Jacket »

I don't really like explaining this stuff because it's very slight and based of feelings. I just looked at the first post and said, these might be a little awkward, a little out of place. It's not more complicated than that.

The thing is, faking that sort of reasoning would be really easy too.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 119, Little Green Wheels wrote:
In post 115, Jacket wrote:In actuality shiki is probably townier than Little Green Wheels.
Are you answering a question that you asked yourself here?
No.
Jacket
Jacket
Goon
Jacket
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Jacket »

In post 120, Little Green Wheels wrote:
And as for wanting to kill me, isn't this what you were defending here?
In post 21, Jacket wrote:

Okay. Why's that make me scum?
How do you interpret that as meaning "I think LGW is scum and want to kill her"?

The idea that my vote translates to a strong desire to flip you is just a wild, wild assumption.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:53 am

Post by Looker »

Early game is where most feelings are hurt because the reasons behind wanting to murder someone are typically arbitrary and superficial.
In post 7, Cape90 wrote:VOTE: Little Green Wheels

who thinks up this?

VOTE: Cape90 Why isn't your scum partner voting? Are they trying not to 'poke the bear'?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”