Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Gorrad »

[quote="ChaosOmega
Gorrad wrote:Putting under pressure when there's almost nothing to pressure about? Fairly basic scum tactic, I'd say.
You think there's nothing to pressure chenhsi about? Oh, and I'm also curious why you think placing pressure without much of a reason is scummy.[/quote]

Well, let's see. He had already partially claimed, had no outstanding questions directed at him, and had a pretty significant bandwagon already forming on him. You did not vote him for any reason other than 'pressure'. If you had, perhaps, voted him and given reasons why you think he's scum, I might be able to accept that. However, what you did was blatant scum bandwagoning a townie for a stupid newbie mistake. I don't expect my vote to be changing for the rest of the day.
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:41 am

Post by reborn537 »

I think chenhsi is being quite newbie, and therefore hard to read. I don't know if he's scum or townie, but either way he's not a helpful influence. The town will profit from his sacrifice if he is a townie (unless he has some awesome role, in which case we'll have the opportunity to find out before we lynch him), as he is throwing out massively confusing signals. This won't be good for us on later days.

I've found my candidate for day 1 lynch -

vote chenhsi
The quick-hammer is no longer scummy. I'm taking it back.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:07 am

Post by chenhsi »

Sure, want me to roleclaim first?

Give you a few hints on how to kill me :)
I lost the game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:15 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Wow, dang... So, irrefutable claim of a role that ceases to work when it's revealed? Rings scum to me. I think this is a lie for two simple reasons, one, it is waaaayyy too convenient, two, he is waaaayyy too eager to claim when he says that it will nullify him. That just confirms my vote.

With that said, could we get some commentary from Hypatia and Rogue, I'd like their opinions on this, Hypatia for experience, and Rogue because he is Rogue.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:54 am

Post by chenhsi »

It doesn't cease to work when it is revealed, it is just pointless.

Do you want me to roleclaim, or do you want me to actually show you my powers?
I lost the game.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by reborn537 »

By all means, if it is a day role, go ahead: dazzle us! After all, day roles are there to be used.
BigAngryGuineaPig
BigAngryGuineaPig
Townie
BigAngryGuineaPig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by BigAngryGuineaPig »

Hmm, but who should he use it on, if it's something that messes with another person that could have a huge chain reaction.
BigAngryGuineaPig
BigAngryGuineaPig
Townie
BigAngryGuineaPig
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by BigAngryGuineaPig »

Woops, wrong thread, in the wrong forum, sorry delete that.
Chelseafan
Chelseafan
Goon
Chelseafan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Chelseafan »

chenhsi wrote:It doesn't cease to work when it is revealed, it is just pointless.

Do you want me to roleclaim, or do you want me to actually show you my powers?
Lol it sounds like you're one of the X-Men or something, show your powers indeed.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by dahill1 »

reborn537 wrote:I think chenhsi is being quite newbie, and therefore hard to read. I don't know if he's scum or townie, but either way he's not a helpful influence. The town will profit from his sacrifice if he is a townie (unless he has some awesome role, in which case we'll have the opportunity to find out before we lynch him), as he is throwing out massively confusing signals. This won't be good for us on later days.

vote chenhsi
er this is not good...you're saying that even if he is town you would still want to lynch him?
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by chenhsi »

All right, please put me at L-1 :)
I lost the game.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by reborn537 »

dahill1 wrote:
reborn537 wrote:I think chenhsi is being quite newbie, and therefore hard to read. I don't know if he's scum or townie, but either way he's not a helpful influence. The town will profit from his sacrifice if he is a townie (unless he has some awesome role, in which case we'll have the opportunity to find out before we lynch him), as he is throwing out massively confusing signals. This won't be good for us on later days.

vote chenhsi
er this is not good...you're saying that even if he is town you would still want to lynch him?
I'm saying it is worth taking the chance. If he is town then although we have lost a villager day 1, we will also have lost a confusing influence. So better losing him as a townie than anyone else as a townie at the moment in my opinion.

Although I'm interested to see what his role is. Considering what he just said, I'm considering the "hated townie" (which would be extremely ironic).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by imaginality »

chenhsi wrote:Do you want me to roleclaim, or do you want me to actually show you my powers?
Hmm. chenhsi, assuming you do indeed have some powers you can use during the day, is there a particular person/people who you have in mind as a target for these powers, or are you only wanting to demonstrate your powers to avoid being lynched?

I'm kind of wary about putting chenhsi at L-1 to let him 'show his powers'. What if he's jester? Putting him at L-1 would let him lynch himself and win the game.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Do NOT hammer me!

My powers do not hurt anyone nor do I use them on a specific person. I am just a bit hard to kill :)

I do not win by using my powers, unfortunately :(
I lost the game.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by reborn537 »

That's something I hadn't considered actually. But he did hint (by stating openly) that it was a protective power earlier.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:53 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

reborn537 wrote:I'm saying it is worth taking the chance. If he is town then although we have lost a villager day 1, we will also have lost a confusing influence. So better losing him as a townie than anyone else as a townie at the moment in my opinion.

Although I'm interested to see what his role is. Considering what he just said, I'm considering the "hated townie" (which would be extremely ironic).
By the way in which you've written that, you seem to know, or at least think, he's town. The only reason you'd still want to lynch him if that were so is if you are scum.
confirm vote: reborn357
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Can't you vote me first so I can show my awesome yet useless powers??
I lost the game.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Is it something that'll benefit us now by showing us? Is it something you can repeat later?

..I'm not too keen on getting someone to waste their power if it's not needed and can't be used again.
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by chenhsi »

I can do it at anytime, and it helps you in no way at all.
I lost the game.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

So, are you protown then?
[b]Currently being used By MafiaSSK for Chess Mafia. With all due permission from AP himself.[/b]
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Sounds to me like he just takes more votes to get lynched. Am I right?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Or possibly he's Jester.
reborn537
reborn537
Mafia Scum
reborn537
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by reborn537 »

Awesome Pants you misunderstand me. I think it's POSSIBLE that he's townie, but at the moment I think he is acting scummily.

To clarify, he has not been at all pro-town so far in his behaviour - just review my summary of his posts. I am not latching onto a weak candidate for lynching because I am scum - I think there are myriad reasons for pushing him currently. His roleclaiming may stop me, however.

There are a few things which he could be at the moment. The Beloved Prince, perhaps? Voteless Townie? Miller? Death Miller? Governor who can prevent a lynch on himself? Errr vengeful Townie perhaps. But none of these are "protective roles" which makes me think he was lying. The Governor is sort of protective I guess but normally can't prevent a lynch on himself. None of the other roles suit his hintings and cryptics thus far.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by chenhsi »

Awesome Pants: OF course I am town. Did you expect me to say otherwise?

Lord Gurgi: Yup! :) I am Electromagnetic Force. Because I am so repulsive, I take 1 more vote to lynch. :)

I win when there are no scum and at least 1 pro-town player.

I was planning to wait until you put me at L-1, then vote myself, explaining all.

If you want proof, go ahead and push me to L. Just don't hammer me, please.
I lost the game.
Awesome Pants
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Awesome Pants
Friends Forever! <3
Friends Forever! <3

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Awesome Pants »

Awesome Pants: OF course I am town. Did you expect me to say otherwise?
Heh, it was worth a try. :P

As for your claim, it doesn't really help to determine alignment. I can see both scum and town possibly having that power.
Awesome Pants you misunderstand me. I think it's POSSIBLE that he's townie, but at the moment I think he is acting scummily.
That's not the way I'm reading what you have been saying. You seem to be pushing for his vote 'even if he is town' as it'll 'lose a confusing influence' which to me seems to imply that you know he's town but want to push his lynch anyway, and if is lynched you'll look ok as you already covered the 'if he's townie' base.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”