Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Solon »

In post 32, Raya36 wrote:Also I feel like this would be a game where scum would have the confidence to try to take a town leading role
This is a game in which Town must step up, for we are under the cosh!

Scum are sitting pretty right now and probably smiling contentedly to themselves after the success of their N0 actions - they are unlikely to be showing much urgency, but rather complacency!
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Solon »

In post 44, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 14, Solon wrote:
Why aren’t you voting Emperor?

i was tired and just wanted the first post. didn't really care to choose someone to fake murder at the time
My dear fellow, you misread my post!

It was directed at Elmo.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Solon »

In post 62, NDMath wrote:
In post 25, Solon wrote:Solon/Elmo is likely T/S (in some order) says you, yet you proceed to place a seemingly random vote on Tanner?

Explain yourself at once!
When I assume Elmo is town, you look really bad. I have no reason to assume Elmo is town yet though.
Phrasing-wise I was struggling since stating an interaction looks T/S always has scum motivation.
I voted because I get scumread for not voting. I wasn't a fan of the emperor rvs wagon.
You're casting a shadow upon me in a most disingenuous way. You apparently have no reason to assume Elmo is Town, and yet I am scummy for not jumping to the same assumption? What exactly did I say to provoke this opinion?

Why weren't you a fan of the Emperor wagon, that you preferred an entirely random vote instead? And I still don't understand why you'd go for a random vote over someone who has a 50% chance of being scum in your mind?
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:30 am

Post by Solon »

In post 70, NDMath wrote:
In post 63, Tanner wrote:
In post 25, Solon wrote:Solon/Elmo is likely T/S (in some order) says you, yet you proceed to place a seemingly random vote on Tanner?

When I assume Elmo is town, you look really bad. I have no reason to assume Elmo is town yet though.
Phrasing-wise I was struggling since stating an interaction looks T/S always has scum motivation.
I voted because I get scumread for not voting. I wasn't a fan of the emperor rvs wagon.
Why does town!Elmo -> scum!Solon, because Solon voted her?
Even though you yourself have no reason to assume she's Town?
Why would stating that always have scum motivation?
Why so worried about appearances?
1. I sure hope you don't actually think that that's my reason. When I assume Elmo is town the push in looks absurd and "manipulate the masses" is misrepping the situation greatly.
2. I said that based off the premise of Elmo being town, I don't understand your question here?
3. Declaring a T/S interaction as scum on two townies means you can hang either then try to get the other the next day.
4. I basically always am. I get mishung quite a bit and am still trying to fix that.
1) How is it misrepping, from the point of view that I don't know Elmo's alignment? Is it fact that she was manipulating the masses? No. Is it a possibility? Absolutely!

2) It's a faulty premise, as you said yourself you have no reason to make such an assumption! How do you view the situation from an unbiased perspective? Also, is it at all likely in your view that it could be T/S where I am Town and Elmo scum?

3/4) This seems to be true, judging by your meta! Not to worry my boy, I'll bear that in mind and give you every chance to redeem yourself before the day's end.
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Solon »

In post 78, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I'm going to for transparency. If you must know. I saw the post and saw "town is screwed" I wondered why there was only one kill and as I was writing the post I scrolled down and saw there were two. Then I had the "OH Shit!" Moment.

I'm glad if anything that post provoked conversation.
I'm starting to warm to you. Something about your tone feels pure!

UNVOTE:
Solon
Solon
Goon
Solon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Solon »

VOTE: Maria

She is approaching the game exactly as I'd expect scum to do early doors; complacently easing herself back into her armchair, slippers on, by the fire with her cup of cocoa. Reclining back with a satisfied air, waiting for the entertainment to begin.

Well, not on my watch!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:03 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 98, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 94, Raya36 wrote:Because 2 of the power roles were killed Night 0. I think that's a solid confidence boost
Oh. Gotcha
I had something else on my mind.
What was on your mind?

In post 100, Solon wrote:
In post 32, Raya36 wrote:Also I feel like this would be a game where scum would have the confidence to try to take a town leading role
This is a game in which Town must step up, for we are under the cosh!

Scum are sitting pretty right now and probably smiling contentedly to themselves after the success of their N0 actions - they are unlikely to be showing much urgency, but rather complacency!
Definitely agree we should step up and that's a good point too. I guess it just comes down to playstyle.

So about Solon. What bothered me was his rvs vote suggested a lynch of emperor, then addressed Tanner as both town and scum, then said Elmo was dumbtelling and asked why they weren't voting Emperor. Then voted Elmo (with a case) but said his rvs(?) vote on Emperor was still in his sights. Then it was Math. It just felt like he was throwing suspicion everywhere.

I feel a bit better about his slot though after his interactions with Math. His reevaluation on Elmo reads to me as he just gave up on an Elmo push getting him anywhere. Now he's jumping on Maria.

In post 39, alban wrote:
In post 24, NDMath wrote:I suppose everyone can safely soft vigilante now.

The Elmo/Solon interaction has heavy potential to be T/S in some order.

I've already got a slight townread on Dunnstral.

VOTE: Tanner

Elaborate, please.
Each statement reads peculiar.
@Math
I've been waiting for a response to this.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:06 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 106, Raya36 wrote:What was on your mind?
I thought you made that conclusion based on the fact that we have a vig and an SK, who'll both try to kill mafia and I wouldn't expect them to kill town leaders, not early game at least. I thought you were thinking along those lines.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:08 am

Post by Tanner »

In post 96, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@tanner–You answered nothing
An answer to is in . If you don't see what I'm doing, that's none of my fault.
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Tanner »

I think Elmo, Solon, and Knightmare are Town. It puzzles me a bit that Raya seemed to take Solon's early posting more serious than it was, but I like her other content, so Town too.

Emperor strikes me as lazy town (haha), but more lazy than Town. Dunn and alban showed smidges of towniness, but I need to see more.

0verki11, Looker, and Maria are >rand scum, but again I need to see more.

Nothing Math's posted (or hasn't posted) made me change my mind about them.
your eyes on the city.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 107, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 106, Raya36 wrote:What was on your mind?
I thought you made that conclusion based on the fact that we have a vig and an SK, who'll both try to kill mafia and I wouldn't expect them to kill town leaders, not early game at least. I thought you were thinking along those lines.
Yes but the SK could also be trying to take that top town read....
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Looker »

In post 97, MariaR wrote:It’s strange I have nothing that makes me want to comment on at the moment. I could ask some random questions but with no real goal behind them that just feels odd to me. I suppose I’m waiting is the best way to put it
If everyone did this, nothing would ever be said.
In post 101, Solon wrote:My dear fellow, you misread my post!
Are you a meme account?
In post 105, Solon wrote:VOTE: Maria

She is approaching the game exactly as I'd expect scum to do early doors; complacently easing herself back into her armchair, slippers on, by the fire with her cup of cocoa. Reclining back with a satisfied air, waiting for the entertainment to begin.

Well, not on my watch!
Macabre, I swear to God. This game is already demotivating enough without your ridiculous running gag.

• @Elmo: Don't pretend to townread me; I've literally done nothing.
VOTE: 0verki11
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:22 am

Post by Tanner »

Looker, are your votes random?
your eyes on the city.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:25 am

Post by Looker »

Somewhat. No one else has voted 0verki11. I'm still building.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:40 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 111, Looker wrote:@Elmo: Don't pretend to townread me; I've literally done nothing.
Honey you should know it wasn't cause you didn't do anything
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:24 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 80, Looker wrote:
In post 29, Knightmare491 wrote:On a more serious note, so you're saying that you had no idea about the setup?
I skimmed it, but I was really just desperate to be in a game. No offense to the designer. I was just going to play it like a regular normal.
In post 62, NDMath wrote:I voted because I get scumread for not voting.
Confirmed - MariaR and Dunnstral are scum.

• @MariaR: I promise not to pocket as long as you vote someone.
VOTE: Raya36 You're literally a wolf.
You know what I meant.
In post 83, Knightmare491 wrote:I don't even know what the hell is this interaction.
In post 55, Tanner wrote:I forgot to close the window, sorry.

Do you agree Math is basically caught scum already?
In post 62, NDMath wrote:Excuse me what?
I'm assuming you meant to ask why he said that you are caught scum already?

But Tanner had already answered that when he was conversing with EFN here, later you were just satisfied with him saying what he said below.

Spoiler:
In post 60, Tanner wrote:
There has been no explanation. Scum must be panicking.

In post 63, Tanner wrote:I said I forgot to close the window.
In post 70, NDMath wrote:Ah. I see.
What happened here @ND?
I'm struggling with how you could misinterpret that interaction as bad as you did if you weren't trying to paint me scum.
VOTE: Knightmare491
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:27 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 102, Solon wrote:

You're casting a shadow upon me in a most disingenuous way. You apparently have no reason to assume Elmo is Town, and yet I am scummy for not jumping to the same assumption? What exactly did I say to provoke this opinion?

Why weren't you a fan of the Emperor wagon, that you preferred an entirely random vote instead? And I still don't understand why you'd go for a random vote over someone who has a 50% chance of being scum in your mind?
I struggle to take any of these questions seriously when you phrase them so absurdly.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Tanner »

Tanner wrote:
In post 55, Tanner wrote:I forgot to close the window, sorry.

Do you agree Math is basically caught scum already?
Excuse me what?
I said I forgot to close the window.
Ah. I see.
@Math, when you answer the other questions, could you elaborate on this? What did "I see" mean here?
your eyes on the city.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:39 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 103, Solon wrote:
In post 63, Tanner wrote:

Why does town!Elmo -> scum!Solon, because Solon voted her?
Even though you yourself have no reason to assume she's Town?
Why would stating that always have scum motivation?
Why so worried about appearances?
1. I sure hope you don't actually think that that's my reason. When I assume Elmo is town the push in looks absurd and "manipulate the masses" is misrepping the situation greatly.
2. I said that based off the premise of Elmo being town, I don't understand your question here?
3. Declaring a T/S interaction as scum on two townies means you can hang either then try to get the other the next day.
4. I basically always am. I get mishung quite a bit and am still trying to fix that.
1) How is it misrepping, from the point of view that I don't know Elmo's alignment? Is it fact that she was manipulating the masses? No. Is it a possibility? Absolutely!

2) It's a faulty premise, as you said yourself you have no reason to make such an assumption! How do you view the situation from an unbiased perspective? Also, is it at all likely in your view that it could be T/S where I am Town and Elmo scum?

3/4) This seems to be true, judging by your meta! Not to worry my boy, I'll bear that in mind and give you every chance to redeem yourself before the day's end.
2) If elmo is scum, bam there's the T/S interaction. The other situation is where Elmo is town, and that's where your words towards them don't make sense.
3/4) Do you realize that in a N0 setup the scum team 100% meta dived?
Raya36 wrote:
In post 39, alban wrote:
In post 24, NDMath wrote:I suppose everyone can safely soft vigilante now.

The Elmo/Solon interaction has heavy potential to be T/S in some order.

I've already got a slight townread on Dunnstral.

VOTE: Tanner

Elaborate, please.
Each statement reads peculiar.
@Math
I've been waiting for a response to this.
Peculiar is a good way to describe my town play style.
Both reads statements were weak considering it was the first page so I don't really see what I'm expected to do to elaborate.
Tanner vote was because I found his reaction to double pr death bad versus emperor's good but those are both tone things and I was putting a mostly random vote up for the sake of putting a mostly random vote up.
Tanner wrote:
In post 96, Emperor flippyNips wrote:@tanner–You answered nothing
An answer to is in . If you don't see what I'm doing, that's none of my fault.
He's asking for a better reason than "he isn't always active".
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:39 am

Post by NDMath »

@Tanner "I see" meaning I see you have no plans to be cooperative with me so I should just drop it.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:13 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 115, NDMath wrote:I'm struggling with how you could misinterpret that interaction as bad as you did if you weren't trying to paint me scum.
VOTE: Knightmare491
Nice deflection.
NDMath wrote:@Tanner "I see" meaning I see you have no plans to be cooperative with me so I should just drop it.
But you choose to answer him.

VOTE: VOTE: ND
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

VOTE: ND

Just in case

~Rectiplanes
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:25 am

Post by Tanner »

NDMath, I'm not sure what you wanted from me there? Am I being uncooperative? I'm still talking to you and I responded in .
your eyes on the city.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

*sigh*

alright

UNVOTE:
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Looker »

In post 115, NDMath wrote:You know what I meant.
Yeah, that MariaR and Dunnstral are scum because they're not voting.
In post 116, NDMath wrote:I struggle to take any of these questions seriously when you phrase them so absurdly.
At what point does the shtick become counterproductive?

• @Elmo:
    Spoiler:
VOTE: Elmo TeH Azn

But seriously. I'm still trying to get more interaction from two players.

Return to “Completed Open Games”