Newbie 607 (Ruined)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
IllustratedMan
IllustratedMan
Townie
IllustratedMan
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:56 am

Post by IllustratedMan »

Vote ZeekLTK
for attempting to start a bandwagon

Votecount:

IllustratedMan [3] (BridgesandBaloons, IH, Pickemgenius)
Pickemgenius [1] (Illustratedman)
BridgesandBaloons [1] (SpyreX)
IH [1] (TGC)
TGC [1] (Shadowlurker)
ZeekLTK [1] (IllustratedMan)

Not Voting [1] (Flame)

5 to lynch.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

You know what, the guy I thought was scummy left. So, now to spark something going on
Unvote

Vote pickemgenius
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by ShadowLurker »

PEG, you're being unreasonable. This is a newbie game; you're supposed to be teaching people not saying things like "You should know more about mafia"
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

Here are posts that stood out while I read the game:

Spyrex random votes ShadowLurker. The weird part about the post was how he said who he was going to vote for. I don’t know why this posts strikes me as weird, but I immediately didn’t like it.

this was the first vote that actually had a kind of evidence backing it. IH voted for Kamikaze. IH: Please explain how post 35 is a “dead give away”

TGC says the argument was weak (on post 42) and votes for IH.

TGC putting a minor FOS on everyone who attacked PEG for bumping. I agree with this. However, why the teensy FOS? I don’t like the fact that you’re hiding your FOS here. It’s an attempt to attack people without really attacking anyone.

Post 91
TGC wait a second, How come everyone post that sticks out to me is by TGC. This is getting weird. I’m not doing this on purpose. Okay, well back to post 91. TGC is very worried about being replaced. What does this mean?

This has got to be the least informative 5 pages of a NB game I have read. I usually have a whole lot more to say than this. Ugh. I wish I could attach a vote to this post, but I really am having trouble reading the players in this game.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:01 am

Post by SpyreX »

My post 22 was, of course, a joke vote. :P

Notice it didn't last very long at all.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:40 am

SpyreX wrote:My post 22 was, of course, a joke vote. :P

Notice it didn't last very long at all.
duh.
Just reading the post, I got the feeling that this person is trying
way
too hard. You have to know that if you do something that's different, someone is going to find you suspicious for it. (ie peg bumping in the beginning).

It was only something that stuck out to me while reading the game. That's why I started with "Here are posts that stood out while I read the game."
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:33 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, I see that you are a lot more vocal than who you replaced (who was the person I found scummy). So, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I think TGC is just pushing for action - it could be a scum move but it doesn't feel that way.

PEG, in general, is rubbing me the wrong way now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 2:46 pm

Unvote

Vote: ZeekLTK

Illustrated has the right idea for the wrong reasons.
Signature:
TGC
TGC
Townie
TGC
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by TGC »

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:
TGC putting a minor FOS on everyone who attacked PEG for bumping. I agree with this. However, why the teensy FOS? I don’t like the fact that you’re hiding your FOS here. It’s an attempt to attack people without really attacking anyone.

Post 91
TGC wait a second, How come everyone post that sticks out to me is by TGC. This is getting weird. I’m not doing this on purpose. Okay, well back to post 91. TGC is very worried about being replaced. What does this mean?
I am simply giving everyone the BOTD, I merely am expressing my feeling towards their suspicion moderately, something I thought the FOSes were in place for. I really don't see why this is brought up in the first place, many townies stay neutral, why shouldn't they? If we were to go around full thrust with our FOSes and votes we might end up so content on having them lynched, that we don't even look to see the chance that they could be innocent.

To your second: Wow, simply wow. I am assuming that you didn't even read the title of the forum when you came in here? Wherein people come here to play mafia games? Stay in the game, and keep on playing because they merely want to? I am rather irritated at the fact that we all cast suspicions on one another because they are anxious to play and just think that the only reason was because they had some special role. So, what? Does that mean when anyone ever gets a 'Vanilla Townie', they sigh and go 'not this again.' and not play with that much enthusiasm? I doubt it, or else games wouldn't get finished around here because people wouldn't care what state the game was in. :wink:

Also 'how come everyone post that sticks out'? Before I even begin to answer that, I need you to fill me in on your special grammar skills, what in blazes are you talking about?

Disregarding that, the arguments seemed to clutch at straws a bit, no real thought out reasoning at all, either you shouldn't bother posting anything if you really have nothing to say, or you are the scum we have on our hands. It seemed like just busywork, and for that
teensy FOS BridgesAndBaloons
just to tick you off. :P
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

ShadowLurker wrote:PEG, you're being unreasonable. This is a newbie game; you're supposed to be teaching people not saying things like "You should know more about mafia"
but the dude isn't a newb.

so i shouldn't treat him like one

obv.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun May 25, 2008 7:51 pm

Grammar skills are different than typos. I meant to type "every post" instead of "everyone." I'm guessing I typed every and my fingers automatically typed one afterwards. It was a rhetorical question. I don't know why (almost) all the posts that stuck out were from you.

Notice how I didn't attach a summiness or towniness to post 91. You instantly assumed that I was attacking you. Very interesting.
*noted

"Clutch at straws"
are you serious? I'm not making a case or anything. And not "Bothering posting" is incredibly anti-town. Maybe the posts I noticed will be helpful later on. Or rather, should I have just posted, "hi I'm here. I'm not going to say anything."
Look, this game has been incredibly hard for me to read, and it's very frustrating. I like to start off my games (I've always replaced) with a big post of information, but I just
couldn't
. It's very upsetting.

FOSing everyone who did
blank
does not help the town. Especially if you don't bold it. You weren't FOSing a person in particular, and even if you were, you don't have the guts to straight out FOS someone in bold.

if you type
FOS: A FOS: B
and
FOS:C
because they did
blank
, well, helps the town. You are directly attacking certain people backed by evidence. Because you specify who you're FOSing, it helps the town alot more.

(let me know if you need me to explain
why
I think being general with your FOSes doesn't help the town as much as being specific would).
Signature:
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Hello?
Signature:
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 6:08 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It's been very dead in here. Just posting to say I'm still alive and PEG still seems scummy.
Show

Proud member of BaM
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 27, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

I am back from being on vacation last weekend.

The vote count at the top is wrong because I'm pretty sure I never unvoted pickme...

Also odd that BridgesAndBaloons doesn't say a word about me in a couple his first posts (103 and 105) and then out of no where he unvotes (for whoever he was voting for) and votes for me with no explanation...
Tigers ate my signature.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Prods for the following:

-Flame
-IH
-IllustratedMan
-Shadowlurker
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
ShadowLurker
ShadowLurker
9 years old
ShadowLurker
9 years old
9 years old

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 8:11 am

Post by ShadowLurker »

In before the Prod.

Bridgesandballoons seems protown judging by his posts.
:sadtorch Ken Hoang, A.D/Fuzzie, Cameron Ferris, Taj Johnson-George, Annie Duke, Patti Blagojevich, Maria/Tiffany :sadtorch
:torch Tammy/Victor, Dan/Jordan
Flame
Flame
Goon
Flame
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Flame »

there is really nothing going on here and I'm rather busy in RL so thats why I'm not very active
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Seriously can we lynch pickme yet? He's made almost 20 posts and has not even attempted to hunt for scum let alone contribute anything meaningful.

Go to the bottom and change "all users" to "pickmegenius" and read the 19 posts from him...

Why there is a good chance he is scum:
-Bumped the thread twice (weak tell, but still worth noting)
-Tried to call Kamikaze out for "bad posting" when all Kamikaze was doing was pointing out something that PEG had done (was anxious to get started and then hardly posted once it did)
-Is upset that Kamikaze "threw [his] name out there".
-Finally casts an OMGUS vote after Kamikaze doesn't back down ("kicking it in the ass fools." is the stated reason for the vote)
-Waits a while, asks "can we lynch kamikaze yet?" (still hasn't given us a reason to even vote for Kamikaze let alone lynch him)
-Again gets upset (starts using lots of caps) when I continue pressuring him.
-He is a general distraction to the town with all his "zomg" posts (honestly I wouldn't mind lynching him just for this reason alone).
Tigers ate my signature.
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 3:14 pm

Yeah, I don't like defending people in mafia games, but those are some pretty bad reasons, Zeek.
Please try again or unvote.

Zeek: READ THE GAME IN CONTEXT!
Don't just read all of Peg's posts in isolation. 103 and 105 has nothing about you because I just talked about the initial posts that stuck out to me. After 105 I reread the game and saw that you were scummy. If you want to look less scummy, stop pushing a bad case on PEG.

Dear town,
If eagerness to play is a scumtell, then TGC is much scummier than PEG. On another note, eagerness to play is
not
a scumtell.
From,
BridgesAndBaloons.

P.S. I want to hear more from our ICs.
Signature:
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I've read this game, and although I dont agree with Zeek's logic on a lot of it, peg DOES still seem scummy and I'm not buying the whirlwind approach of powerlynching to see a response.

Overalll I think Bridges IS town, although I would want to check you out in the days to come, just with the speed you became town leader.

Zeek and Peg could be trying some elaborate gambit - I feel like Peg is MORE scummy, but that doesn't change the fact Zeek feels greasy too.
Show

Proud member of BaM
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 5:03 pm

SpyreX wrote: just with the speed you became town leader.
Shit.

Also, would you mind pin pointing some places where you consider Zeek and/or PEG are scummy. Once again, I'm having trouble reading this game, so if you could help me out I will bring you great gifts.
Signature:
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Honestly PEG just rubs me the wrong way, and with no one else strikingly scummy I'd prefer to lynch him because (besides all the weak scumtells I listed) there's still the odds that he could be scum as much as anyone else.

So I won't remove my vote, but I realize I have mostly only focused on him so I'll read through the game again to get a better perspective on other players.

And it's not completely the "eagerness" to play... although that was the initial reason. It's that we're on page 5 and he has yet to give any type of reason for voting for anyone - or why anyone might be scummy. All he does is quote people and say "zomg"... how is that helping the town?
Tigers ate my signature.
ZeekLTK
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
ZeekLTK
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed May 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by ZeekLTK »

Also you still never explained your vote for me.

"I saw that you were scummy" - wow real specific...
Tigers ate my signature.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu May 29, 2008 9:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, lets get this party started.

I just went ahead and looked at ALL of PEG's posts (filtered by only his posts for number reasons).

Here's what I've found:

3 - Voting Flame and saying its a serious vote.
4 - Filler Post
5 - Response to my FoS on shelby about the Kamakaze wagon with - whats so bad about the KAMIKAZE wagon?
6 - Telling someone they are posting nothing (which, at this point, WOW) and then saying: I have no problems putting anyone close to a lynch or hammering if neccessary. <- This is, especially the way its said, a huge siren to me.
7 - Verbatim:
hi PEG hasnt posted anything, but neither has anyone else including myself, but i just felt id point out that PEG hasnt posted and mention nobody has said anything, but i'd like to point out PEG especially. <- We've got back to back hypocrisies here.
8 - Filler Post
9 - Zeekfight 1
10 - Zeekfight 2
11 - i know whomever im voting for is a better vote. <- Voting for flame based on the vote in the first 5 seconds.
12 - unvote
vote: Kamikaze
kicking it in the ass fools. <-- Look at 11, then look at this. Huh.
13. - Filler Post (Saying he agrees with a post saying everyone looking at him FoS)
14 - Dear Zeek,
Hi Kamikazie isn't -1
Please learn to read and stop being dumb.
Love,
PEG <---- Just an insult, mostly.
15 - Notice he'd be gone.
16 - word.
can we lynch kamikaze yet? <-- Just more speedlynch
17. es because your reading skills are tech and your scumhunting is more tech.
OMG HE WANTED THE GAME TO GET STARTED HE MUST BE SCUM (More Zeekfighting)
18. MORE zeekfighting
19. but the dude isn't a newb.
so i shouldn't treat him like one
obv.

SO, from all that, this is my feelings.
1.) In 19 posts he hasn't done a single thing to actually help the town find scum - his slapfight is OMGUS and not even backed up by a vote.
2.) Both of his votes have no rationale behind them.
3.) He said he'd hammer without thought of dicussion.

Show me someone more scummy. Period. I'm not sold on anyone being town at this point, but this maelstrom of fingerpointing that ultimately just wants a lynch is so oily I cant think of a better place to vote.
Show

Proud member of BaM
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri May 30, 2008 12:44 pm

Spyrex you forgot to talk about Zeek. You said yourself that you thought he was a little scummy.

Zeek: your post on 117 really isn't good. I'm attacking it because they are all horrible arguments. I'll let PEG respond bit by bit to it, though.

So I'm going to look at Zeek again to see if my gut was right.

32: Votes PEG "too anxious to get this game started" are you serious? That reason is a bad reason for a vote. Based on your join date and your "Mafiascum" tittle, you should know better.
39: based on this reason alone, when shelby mentions that the game is dead, he says, "let's lynch pickmegenius to get it going again."
58: Still insists that PEG is scum based on his eagerness.
60: Says that its better than a random vote. I disagree.
67: countinues calling PEG scum and says that PEG was OMGUSing Kamikaze.
85: A one sentence post saying he still wants to vote PEG.
90: ugh just read 94. PEG wasn't even being condescending in 94.
97: "Therefore we should bandwagon pickem; for everything scummy he's done and because he uses "zomg" in every post he makes." Wow. What a fucking case you have. Sorry for the explitive but that's just horrible. Horrible.

Spyrex: the difference between you and Zeek is that you actually have "reasons" you believe PEG is scum. You posted them and have actively played in this game.
Compare this to Zeek who has narrowed in on PEG
for the entire game
and insisted to lynch him multiple times. At least PEG has provided some okay reasons for his focusing on Kamikaze. You want someone to look at who's summier? Look at Zeek.

What do I think about PEG? I have no read on him right now. He's not being a very good "IC" (ie being polite and helping people) but I think he's playing like he usually does which is nice to see. The only thing is that he's been gone for a while.

confirm vote: Zeek

for pushing a horrible case on Peg and ignoring everyone else. Also he grossly misinterprets many of PEG's posts. Maybe he just doesn't understand and see what I do.
Signature:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”