AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 am

Post by AntB »

I'm gong to VOTE: vezo for wanting to be third on the wagon when "third vote on a wagon is most of the time scum. " We were long out of RVS for an RVS claim and you made 3 votes in 5 posts...
Show
:doc: I shall protect you!! :doc: ... why do I smell of vanilla..?

"tickle" - Haylen is now thinking of Mayonnaise

G+
AntB - My wiki page. Usually up to date.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:59 am

Post by Xalxe »

veridis wrote:
Xalxe wrote:Are you expecting any claims other than secret agent? Because quite frankly, I think that's all we're gonna get.
I'm hoping DGB doesn't claim super-spy, she's previously softclaimed a PR.
Character claim is looking for the extra flavour in her role PM, the theme reason for her hated townie role.
From this I'm pretty confident saying you're vanilla or scum.
Oh, see, I would have called this a flavor claim, not a character claim. Difference in terminology, sorry. Carry on.
palmertrou wrote:I really don't like this jester speculation, it really muddy's the thread and clear lines of thought. IMO if someone is acting scummy and they are lynch flipped as jester then that's just crappy luck.

Just for clarification though, town can still 'win' if a jester is lynched right?
You're right. No, town usually loses.

@Mod: Votecount pleaseums
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:08 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Usually if a jester wins the game continues.

Also it was a RVS wagon and I was trying to get the third spot and make it obvious for fun you know. But when I saw DH was third and he just wagoned that makes him scum for me.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Ghostlin »

@vezo: You wanted to make this obvious...for fun. And yet, when someone did the same thing, you call them scum. Does anyone else that's not me see that as hypocritical at best, trying to write this off as a joke at worst while hiding the innate scummiest within?

Jester or no jester, I think you're a pretty safe vote D1 for anti-town play and generally being unhelpful.

@ the rest of town: As for the speculation of a jester itself, I can't understand why we would have so many players that seem to have softclaims that aren't really helpful and people wanting to be scum on a wagon. Personally, let's vote for anyone who's continuing to be anti-town without a point and let the mod sort them out: odds are we'll probably hit scum, and if we don't...well, the word anti-town speaks for itself.

@ Darox: Newbie 1046 and 1024. This isn't a tell for me, I tend to text wall as my posting style. 1024 is ongoing and I replaced in, 1046 I flipped VT when lynched on Day 1.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:38 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Dark Horse wrote:@guderian in your opinion, do you think it would make sense if the mod had the near exact same role pm for a VT and a quadruple-hated person?

Have you and DGB been granted access to see his eachothers roles? That would explain why she wouldn't vote you.

I would guess that Dark Horse and DGB have some role connection that lets them see eachother's flavor text or maybe the entire role.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Darox »

Ghostlin wrote:@ Darox: Newbie 1046 and 1024. This isn't a tell for me, I tend to text wall as my posting style. 1024 is ongoing and I replaced in, 1046 I flipped VT when lynched on Day 1.
I'm not saying it's a tell, I'm saying it's universally bad and you should stop being so overly verbose.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:37 am

Post by palmertrou »

ver·bose; adj \(ˌ)vər-ˈbōs: containing more words than necessary : wordy <a verbose reply>; also : impaired by wordiness <a verbose style>

I knew what it meant all along, honest. Just thought others might not... :shifty:
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
palmertrou
palmertrou
Goon
palmertrou
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:44 am

Post by palmertrou »

Ghostlin wrote: Does anyone else that's not me see that as hypocritical at best, trying to write this off as a joke at worst while hiding the innate scummiest within?
I don't think it was ever meant to be a joke and I don't get the 'fun' aspect at all.
Ghostlin wrote:Jester or no jester, I think you're a pretty safe vote D1 for anti-town play and generally being unhelpful.
We should just forget about jesters altogether.
@ mod; Does town lose if a jester is lynched?
- this is all we need to know about jesters. End of jester discussion.
Ghostlin wrote:I can't understand why we would have so many players that seem to have softclaims that aren't really helpful and people wanting to be scum on a wagon.
Have I missed a softclaim? I was only aware of DGB's.
Ghostlin wrote: Personally, let's vote for anyone who's continuing to be anti-town without a point and let the mod sort them out: odds are we'll probably hit scum, and if we don't...well, the word anti-town speaks for itself.
hmmm... not sure what I think of this. The way it's worded and all. You start the statement off with 'personally,...' and then go on to order town to lynch anti-town players taking no scum-reads into account. Anti town does not mean scum. I know it's mainly semantics but it sets my gut off. I'd rather lynch a pro-town player with a slight scum read than an anti-town player with a slight town read every time. Other than that I agree with this statement.
Reminder to self. Don't post drunk.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

No. Ghostlin you don't get the point.

I tried to make it obvious and make fun. But someone did it before me not for fun but for reasons. Third vote on a wagon is usually scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Ghostlin »

Have I missed a softclaim? I was only aware of DGB's.
While probably not in the catergory of soft claim, I don't think DH has said or done anything to refute DGB's obvious buddying to him; which leads me to think possible collusion between the two, which just leads if he was scum to distantcing right after I point this out...WIFOMs again. I hate WIFOM.

That being said, there's not much to suspect DH on so I can't really comment on his pro-town/anti-town when we have two more obvious possible anti-town players in town.
hmmm... not sure what I think of this. The way it's worded and all. You start the statement off with 'personally,...' and then go on to order town to lynch anti-town players taking no scum-reads into account. Anti town does not mean scum. I know it's mainly semantics but it sets my gut off. I'd rather lynch a pro-town player with a slight scum read than an anti-town player with a slight town read every time. Other than that I agree with this statement.
Let's try this. Without rewording the other statement anymore, because I think it's a valid statement, I feel if you're going to play this game right, generally, if you are protown you're going to optimally play that way. Hence, you're not going to do crazy things like make softclaims like super hated townie on day 1 or try to take the third spot on a wagon for reasons no one can detect.

Omitting competency (I think both players have been around longer, skimming threads, so this isn't an issue), the existance of jesters (and no, I'm not really talking about them seriously) and VI's (which are not much more than a poke in the eye of town anyhow) generally, the folks that do something so blantant as scum are more likely to be scum. I don't happen to believe 'No one's not stupid enough to do THAT' as a defense. It's the kind of thing sloppy scum players rely on; that sort of crap logic.

This is a far cry from 'let's lynch person X for saying this scummy thing once.' We should pressure for votes, yes, but when someone hands you the verbal equalivent of rope and says 'lynch me' and goes 'no, wait, I was kidding', I'll almost take the rope everytime.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:01 am

Post by Ghostlin »

EBWOP: Blarg, tired: We should pressure for votes, yes, but when someone hands you the verbal equalivent of rope and says 'lynch me' and goes 'no, wait, I was kidding', I'll almost take the rope everytime. SHOULD read: We should apply votes for pressure....and I'll almost always take the rope everytime.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:07 am

Post by Ghostlin »

@Vezo: But you were going to do it 'for fun'...so how is that different from them doing it with a reason...and how can you tell it wasn't 'for fun' on their behalf either?

Don't you think it's slightly irresponsible for wanting to play with "known numbers" and then vote someone else for the same reason? How can we trust your judgement...and this is to say there's more to being a third person on the wagon then just random statistics...if you do something that could potentially hurt town or screw up analysis later?

No, I'm perfectly happy with where my vote is.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

You really are hard headed.

It was pretty obvious I did it for fun.

DH just bandwagoned. Likely scum. Now that makes sense for you?
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:17 am

Post by Xalxe »

Ghostlin wrote:@vezo: You wanted to make this obvious...for fun. And yet, when someone did the same thing, you call them scum. Does anyone else that's not me see that as hypocritical at best, trying to write this off as a joke at worst while hiding the innate scummiest within?
I do.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Dark Horse »

Dark Horse wrote:@guderian in your opinion, do you think it would make sense if the mod had the near exact same role pm for a VT and a quadruple-hated person?
*facepalm*

"Nearly" as in exactly the same, except "secret agent" is replaced with "quadruple hated ______"

RossWilliam wrote:

Have you and DGB been granted access to see his eachothers roles? That would explain why she wouldn't vote you.

I would guess that Dark Horse and DGB have some role connection that lets them see eachother's flavor text or maybe the entire role.
If we do, its one-way. Rememeber how I almost "hammered" DGB in rvs?

Also, you know how the maf probably have sme sort of code to communicate with each other? What if his message means something in code?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:03 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Dark Horse wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Guderian wrote:>___> <____<

Vote: Dripping Goofball
I wasn't joking.
I was about to hammer you, but I decided to go eat dinner (or lunch)

>_<

This is where you almost hammer DGB. You didn't. You didn't need to make this post. Typing that you were about to hammer DOES NOT mean you were about to hammer. The one service this post can do is giving you something to link back to later and say "Look, we couldn't be related! I almost hammered her!"

You didn't.

FoS: Dark Horse
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:24 am

Post by Seacore »

Vote count 1.2

RossWilliam (2) -
DrippingGoofball, Dark Horse

DrippingGoofball (1) -
Guderian

Dark Horse (1) -
vezokpiraka

vezokpiraka (3) -
palmertrou, Ghostlin, AntB

Darox (1) -
veridis

Ghostlin (1) -
Darox

Not Voting (3) - Xalxe, The Jester, RossWilliam

With 12 alive, 7 votes were needed for the lynch

Deadline midnight 18 January, countdown viewable here

In answer to the jester question. Jester win conditions usually do not end the game, but it depends on the specific game.

However, this is moot because:
Game description in the Mini Theme Queue wrote:There's no cults or jesters or any other whacky roles
Also, to answer another question, there is no specific source of the flavour in this game, but rather it is pulled from the general 'spy fiction' zeitgeist.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Ghostlin »

OK. Thanks mod. :)

In that case, I still like a vezo lynch, but would be willing to hear a DGB lynch, particularly since she's continued her silence. I think comparatively, vezo's the scummier of the two.

HoS: DGB
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Actually, I was joking about the quadruple-hated business. Seriously. I didn't think anyone would actually fall for this preposterous "role," least of all, EVERYONE, but I decided to let it play out because there was a chance this would be revealing.

From a scum viewpoint, I suspect there would be scant STRATEGIC motivation to push for my lynch now, because I would be an easy quicklynch for later. In fact, if such a role existed, it would be such a liability to the town as to make me a most attractive vig target. But then again, there is always a pull to be opportunistic.

Lemme re-read carefully, with observations.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by AntB »

vezokpiraka wrote:DH just bandwagoned. Likely scum. Now that makes sense for you?
Makes even more sense to vote you, you also "just bandwagoned" and are now attempting to push a case on someone else based on that.
Show

G+
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 pm

RossWilliam wrote:

Wait, WUT ??????????????

There is not connection at all; none that I'm aware of, from my end.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:24 pm

I would like to encourage townies to make a effort to sound more townie.

TOWN

DrippingGoofball
Dark Horse
Ghostlin

QUESTIONABLE

Darox is buddying to me.
AntB
Xalxe
vezok - but leaning town.
Ross William may opportunistic scum, but upon the whole, if he were scum, he might be more self-conscious about his words and actions appearing so bloody scummy. But I still don't like it.
veridis - veritably, a dodgy character indeed.

SCUMZ

palmetrou is scum, for the entirety of his
oeuvre
AntB "Hmmm... I don't like L-2 this so UNVOTE: RossWilliam."
Guderian - I don't like his attack on Ghostlin, because Ghostlin is obv town.

Special note: AntB and RW not so likely to be buddies is a flaw in my reads.

AntB
AntB
Mafia Scum
AntB
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by AntB »

Your encouraging townie play yet you can't decide if I'm questionable or scum? I lol at you.
You admit a fake claim, you claim you know dark horse is town going then denying all connections. You either know he's town by some connection, or are full of crap, basically.
Show

G+
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:48 pm

AntB wrote:Your encouraging townie play yet you can't decide if I'm questionable or scum? I lol at you.
You admit a fake claim, you claim you know dark horse is town going then denying all connections. You either know he's town by some connection, or are full of crap, basically.
Someone is not familiar with my legend.

Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

RossWilliam wrote:
Dark Horse wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Guderian wrote:>___> <____<

Vote: Dripping Goofball
I wasn't joking.
I was about to hammer you, but I decided to go eat dinner (or lunch)

>_<

This is where you almost hammer DGB. You didn't. You didn't need to make this post. Typing that you were about to hammer DOES NOT mean you were about to hammer. The one service this post can do is giving you something to link back to later and say "Look, we couldn't be related! I almost hammered her!"

You didn't.

FoS: Dark Horse
Okay, so it's impossible to know wether i was really about to hammer or not.

Explain how that is scummy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”