KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:59 am

Post by KingPin »

I agree with Thoth, how did vIQels know he was paranoid? (other than the name of the game.) How would his role become more powerful if he were right? Right about what?

His claim of FBI does not sound that suspicious to me, the other parts of his claim do though. Does he say that he "takes" all of the possessions from the person he investigates? Doesn't that make him a thief!
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:16 am

Post by indentureddjinn »

Unvote:Dice
(Indentured means bound to serve; slave-usually for 7 years)

Anyway, that roleclaim seems very interesting. Paranoid FBI? Seems kind of fishy to me. First
1) Why would you roleclaim this early?
2) Why would he tell us he was going to investigate someone tonight when the mafia would probably kill him and we'd never find out?

No vote as of yet
"na hanyate hanyamane sarire"
-Chapter 2, verse 20 Bhagavada Gita
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/2469/irvington9zs.jpg
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:29 am

Post by CoolBot »

I believe vIQ's claim, but by not investigating, I think he's hurt the town. Cop roles can be the most useful town roles; the advantage of investigations, I think, out weigh the disadvantage of blocking a role.
unvote: vIQles
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:48 am

Post by Thoth »

CoolBot wrote:I believe vIQ's claim, but by not investigating, I think he's hurt the town. Cop roles can be the most useful town roles; the advantage of investigations, I think, out weigh the disadvantage of blocking a role.
I think we don't interpret vIQ's claim in the same way. As I read it he takes away a night ability from someone for the rest of the game. So should he target a Cop or Doc we are majorly screwed. I also did not see him say that he gets a good/evil result. And if he gets that its probably always evil as a 'paranoid FBI'.

@vIQleS could you clear up some of this confusion by answering these questions:
Do you get an investigation result (eg evil/good)?
Do you block someone for 1 night or for the rest of the game?
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:20 am

Post by KingPin »

Okay, vIQes
Could you answer a few more questions?
If your a "Paranoid" cop, how could your investigations help the town? Your investigations would come up guilty/bad-guy for everyone, I would assume since you are "paranoid." Is your role just a role blocker?
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:42 am

Post by vIQleS »

This is a long post - sorry guys...

Discer:
I don't know if the ability loss includes bad guys, I assume the same rules apply, but I don't know if the bad guys will have any 'special abilities'... I don't know if killing is an ‘ability’ in this sense.
This is the exact reason that I haven't done any investigating yet; I didn't want to cripple anyone on the first day.

Thoth:
Since when is asking for protection scummy, again, if I had known this I would not have done so. I just assumed that if I was going to be targeted by the mafia, it would be helpful to be protected... a. how does trying to leave info contradict anything? b. I was only grasping at a straw, in the vain hope that I would get to use my role (which is quite a cool role for my first game), and that the information might actually be useful.

Dice:
Important note: my earlier comments had nothing to do with my role - as I mentioned I have not investigated anybody yet, it was speculation based on what people were writing. Unfortunately I cannot clarify much more:

I am (from the) FBI; I carry all the necessary authority, (I don't know about ID tho...). I get a warrant and search someone’s house. Because I'm paranoid I take all their belongings, which takes away any ability they had.

All:
I'm not sure yet, but I think that 'paranoid' is to do with the theme, not a 'paranoid FBI' otherwise you're right: why would I be told in advance? In that case then all I am is the guy that takes away everyone’s roles.

djinn:
I roleclaimed because I had 5 votes. 2. I thought it would be obvious that I would investigate now that I have been exposed, and I expect to be killed anyway.

An important fact: regardless of what you townies think, the mafia believe me.

Thoth: It was not specified that I get a result or not... although he does use the word investigate, I assumed that that was the implied role of a FBI agent. My assumption was also permanent removal of powers (See above, "takes away"...)

(Phew...)
That'll have to do for now.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 12:31 pm

Post by Maverick »

ViQleS that calim was very suspicious...hmmm I don't think we are getting anywhere still, but there is really nothing to do...For now I'll keep my vote a no vote.

*Maverick*
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:21 pm

He talked himself out of this one, and he did a fine job comeent. I comend you ViQles, I thought you were gone there.

But, that still doesn't mean anything, as we were still a vote short
so...
FOS:ViQleS
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 6:07 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Hi, I'm back from my week-end camping. (Had a great time by the way.` I can't redally post now, but I'll post something with more substandce tommarow.)
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2003 8:55 pm

Post by Thoth »

No need to apologize for long post vIQleS. I'm always happy when I look at the site and there are long posts for me to read. :D
vIQleS wrote:how does trying to leave info contradict anything?
In your claim you did not say anything about being able to leave messages or something similar. Therefore there's no way to leave the info when you get killed.

I must say that vIQleS does sound convincing. One of the problems I have is that I don't believe a role like that would exist. Of course it could just be a cruel joke from the Mod (Lets see him talk his way out of this role, like the Pirate in Cowboy Mafia)

Another problem I have is all the 'vagueness'. When I get a role of which some or all parts are unclear to me I PM the Mod to ask for more info. Sometimes the role is meant to be vague, but thats not always the case. Keeping the exact abilities of a role vague makes a claim sound less genuine.
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 3:31 am

Post by KingPin »

Okay,
You take the powers away from the person you investigate. You think permanently. You also think that you can leave information some place where the town can recover it.

So your role is "cop" and "role blocker". This sounds like an ultra powerful role for this game, when you take into consideration that we had a cop also. I wouldn't think that a small game like this would have multiple investigators. Perhaps I am wrong, but it sounds a little funny to me.

FOS vIQes
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 7:27 am

Post by Dourgrim »

I still see no reason whatsoever to believe the roleclaim. It's an extremely powerful, imbalanced and dangerous role to have in a game this small, considering that every time that role investigates a pro-Town player (which is more likely than finding scum) it hurts the Town by removing any abilities the Town might have at its disposal. Vote stands.
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 8:24 am

Post by KingPin »

Vote: vIQes
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 9:45 am

Post by vIQleS »

I never thought that I would be able to leave something behind... (Especially considering the opening post where everything is gone) I was just being unrealistically hopeful.

I never thought to ask the mod for more clarification. I guess it never seemed 'vague' to me: I investigate and take away abilities. My only thought about too powerful was my decision to wait until second night and target someone suspicious. (In my second game I did ask - it turns out he is being deliberately vague).

(I'm not going to mention it again because I don't want to annoy people but this
is
my first game ever...)
Show
[size=75]

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]
Maverick
Maverick
Goon
Maverick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:52 am

Post by Maverick »

I think I'll put my vote on ViQleS as well. I think that is very suspicious to be paranoid of investigating someone, even if it is the first night...It doesn't matter when it is you still get to find out what one persons roll is whether it is townie or scummy....I also think that it is very suspicious that you said "FBI", now that is wierd. Unless the Mod is being strange, the common thing is cop or somesort of investigator....Strange.

Vote: ViQleS

FOS: Dice

Dice you havn't said any thing to help us out this whole game....weird and annoying...

*Maverick*
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:15 pm

Interesting turn of events while I was at school...
Anyway, I agree with Maverick on his claims, and its seems a little fishy to me why you wouldn't investigate Night 1. Surem you would probably hit town, but then we're at least step close.
So...

UnFos:ViQleS

Vote:ViQleS

FOS:Dice
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:57 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Grrr... I didn't investigate night one because I didn't want to damge the town. And I have
never played before
. I don't know what I'm supposed to do or what the best idea is - I was just trying to do what I thought was best...
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:31 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Just in case I mysteriously disappear soon, here's my thoughts, to be proven wrong, (or right) at the conclusion of the game.

Dourgrim Kingpin and Thoth are in league, most likely mafia as they are all still voting for me.

Coolbot, dice and discer all got 1 suspicious point for acting or saying something suspicious. (Dourgrim et al are all up to 4 each). If I were to survive this conspiracy I would be investigating Kingpin, who has been the most suspicious.

So long folks, I am proud and pleased to have the opportunity to give my life for my country. I intend to die with dignity.
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
Darkblade
Darkblade
Goon
Darkblade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 2:27 pm

Post by Darkblade »

Vote Count: Guaranteed free from UN influence

vIQleS:
5 (Thoth, Dourgrim, KingPin, Maverick, indentureddjinn)
KingPin:
1 (vIQleS)
Dourgrim:
1 (Foolster41)
"Trying to outguess the mod can be hazardous to your health" - Foolster41 in Paranoid Mafia
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 4:25 pm

Post by Foolster41 »

Hi, I don't have much time right now, and I think I won't be able to post till thursday. (GRRR). BI thought I should mention, that it has happened in the past where a mod would get "weird" and have a strange role. in other words, outguessing mods can be hazzardous to your health. Also the "ba;ance" of a townie role can be weighed by the mafia role powes, which we do not know. On the other hand, if we don't have supsission from role claims, what do we have?
Dice
Dice
Townie
Dice
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:37 pm

Post by Dice »

I don't think vIQleS' claim is overpowered. He knows he's paranoid so the investigating part is completely useless since everyone would be guilty. That leaves him with roleblocking abilities. That's more a powerful role instead of an overpowered role in my opinion.

I normally have no problem with jumping a bandwagon on first day and this day is taking far too long in my opinion but since we already lost a cop I don't wanna risk lynching another important role.

Maverick, you are right. I'm not contributing anything useful at the moment. But I've never been all that good a player and this is my first game since over a year. I'm doing the best I can.
"RoadBird you suck! You kill little kittens for fun! Die you evil Mafia scum, I'm attacking you! Run in fear!" -- quercitron in Focused Mafia
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 4:04 am

Post by KingPin »

vIQes,
Wait one moment, if you want to investigate then I say fine. If you are paranoid then your findings will likely be "I am scum", I am not. If you are lying then you will make something up. I highly doubt your role claim.

Your role to me seems unreasonable. You claim to have multiple night abilities. 1. Investigations 2. Role Blocking. When I combine that information with the fact that we have already had a cop (see investigative abilities) and a mason group (group w/o powers can prove each others innocence) now an FBI agent. I find that claiming to have investigative powers and then not using them crap. (easy way out of giving results) I just find the claim completely unrealistic. I am going to vote you on that reason alone.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 6:57 am

Post by Foolster41 »

vIQleS wrote:This is a long post - sorry guys...

I am (from the) FBI; I carry all the necessary authority, (I don't know about ID tho...). I get a warrant and search someone’s house. Because I'm paranoid I take all their belongings, which takes away any ability they had.

All:
I'm not sure yet, but I think that 'paranoid' is to do with the theme, not a 'paranoid FBI' otherwise you're right: why would I be told in advance? In that case then all I am is the guy that takes away everyone’s roles.
You're not being very clear about your Paranoia.
were you or were you not told you were paranoid in your role PM?
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:07 am

Post by vIQleS »

Yes I was, it was written twice.... Paraphrased below: (is that allowed?)

"I am the Paranoid Government Agent."

And:

"However, being paranoid, I ..."

I really wanted to do well on my first game... I think the stress got to me there... Did I talk too much? (There is a lot of stuff going on in my brain, sometimes it spills out...)
Show
[size=75]

[/size]
indentureddjinn
indentureddjinn
Goon
indentureddjinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:47 am

The day goes on...and ViQLeS's role claim seems like it is becoming more and more false...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”