Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:39 am

Post by Furry »

Vote Count

Brandi (4) - Espeonage, antiximo, Fate, broomhead
Fakegod (3) - fugitive, Parama, NavyCherub
Parama (3) - Inflatealepie, DocPotter, Brandi

Not Voting (2) - fakegod, Zang
Last edited by Furry on Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Temporary unretired alt
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Parama »

Not going to argue with that logic.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:00 am

Post by Brandi »

Parama wrote: Being anti-meta = scumtell? Lol.
I never stated this. Please don't put words in my mouth.
Parama wrote:Lol, I'm giving my stance on meta. I already told people not to use it, and I gave my reasons why.
Notice the eyeroll emoticon. Lol it's definitely a sign of being serious :roll:

Why did you need to give your stance if you didn't beleive Doc needed to hear it? Obviously if he was being sarcastic there was no need to respond in such a manner because it was clear he understood your stance. But perhaps you were not being serious in that post, and I will concede that.
Parama wrote: Or I feel a need to call someone likely town due to their attitude and timing of their post. I get good vibes from Espeonage's post there and I get good logic from his following ones. Issues there? I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em, and I see a townie.
First it was town, now it is "likely town." Make up your mind. I'm sure you see a townie is the majority of us. Scum.
Parama wrote:Whoops, I was accusing you of buddying with me, not Doc.
K. That makes even less sense.
Parama wrote:Why you would bother to ask if someone was being serious about their vote during in RVS is a type of overreaction that can be used as a link later.
I tend to see a lot of serious votes in the RVS. Sometimes not everyone makes themselves clear. I'll admit I was being slow for not recognizing the sarcasm to begin with though.

Parama wrote: I think you're overanalyzing RVS posts.
And catching scum. People with mafia roles don't stop being scum for RVS, they are scum the entire game.

Parama wrote: ...
NO. JUST NO. YOU ARE TAKING EVERYTHING I SAY TOO SERIOUSLY.
THERE IS THIS THING CALLED HUMOR. I USE IT ON OCCASION. THERE IS THIS THING CALLED SARCASM. I USE IT OFTEN. YOU DON'T SEEM TO BE ABLE TO TELL THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN A SERIOUS POST AND A NON-SERIOUS POST.

Oh because using humor and sarcasm with other players isn't buddying them right? You don't make any sense. What makes you think only serious posts can be buddying is beyond me.
Parama wrote: Calling this buddying is a massive misrep considering that the intention was to keep a friendly atmosphere which you seem so intent on crushing.
I would not have minded if you didn't claim to be so against buddying and then buddy others yourself. How can you say being friendly to another player isn't buddying? That's exactly what buddying is.

Parama wrote: Lol, the problem is that I wasn't buddying.

You repeating yourself over and over doesn't help me to instantly beleive it.

Parama wrote: Implying that I really did feign helpfulness, which is something you can't prove because it's wrong.
WIFOM. You can't prove you weren't feigning either. It appears to me you were, especially since you weren't actually being helpful.
Brandi wrote:If you can point out 16 scummy posts I've made out of 17 posts total (rounding up here), go for it.
If you want to bring percentages that you cannot objectively prove into the game, go for it.
Who is taking things too seriously now? Obviously the percentage is just to put emphasis on how scummy I think most of your posts are. Obviously I don't have any exact numbers in my head.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Parama »

Apparently I can't change your mind, so I'm not going to bother responding.
ANYWAYS.
FakeGod still needs to have a noose around his neck.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Zang »

Parama wrote:Or I feel a need to call someone likely town due to their attitude and timing of their post. I get good vibes from Espeonage's post there and I get good logic from his following ones. Issues there? I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em, and I see a townie.
So you got a town vibe from a random vote where the only thing he said was "OMGUS" and voted for me?
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Parama »

Yup.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:26 am

Post by Parama »

Before you ask no it doesn't have anything to do with you in particular.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 am

Post by Brandi »

Zang wrote:
Parama wrote:Or I feel a need to call someone likely town due to their attitude and timing of their post. I get good vibes from Espeonage's post there and I get good logic from his following ones. Issues there? I'm just callin' 'em as I see 'em, and I see a townie.
So you got a town vibe from a random vote where the only thing he said was "OMGUS" and voted for me?

Parama wrote:Yup.

Parama wrote:I think you're overanalyzing RVS posts.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:42 am

Post by NavyCherub »

Zang wrote:well, I don't really see enough to call anyone scum yet. Day 1 just started yesterday and the last person to post just posted less than an hour ago.
The amount of time the game has been going =/= the amount of content posted. This game has had alot of content really quickly, and just about everyone else has some thoughts so far.
broomhead wrote:Ahh, being an eager beaver and overreacting or "having emotions all across the board" are two very similar things (don't worry Brandi, I'll come back to you). They walk the same fine line.
I suppose you and I don't have the same definition of "eager." I thought you meant that you thought she was scummy for being eager to scumhunt, not being eager to overreact.
Antiximo wrote:But you're not feeling good about me am i right?
There's a difference between "not feeling good" and "scum." If I thought you were definitely scum, I would say that.
Brandi wrote:I wouldn't know what is usual for him, and I don't really care at this point.
I guess we disagree on this point, then, but I simply don't feel comfortable with him dying yet.
Brandi wrote:I'm not sure where you get this over-reacting idea- Perhaps you haven't read my posts thoroughly. If anything, I am over-analyzing- which there is nothing wrong with that. Parama is being scummy, I pointed out his scumminess. It doesn't have much to do with his over confidence as much as it has to do with his hypocrisy.
Over-analyzing is overreacting. Over-analyzing is bad because it causes you to defend statements that don't mean much in the end. For example, his "buddying" with Fate. Come on. The only reason you're calling him out for that is because he called you out.
Brandi wrote:
Getting a "town vibe" is completely different from attacking someone relentlessly over game-start banter.
Brandi wrote:
Getting a "town vibe" is completely different from attacking someone relentlessly over game-start banter. If I were on the computer when the game started, I would have said something about Fugitive being definitely town because he's never scum, a post about loving Pie, and a snarky comment toward Parama. Would you have been pursuing me about all of these?
[url=http://wideface.wordpress.com/]Let's Wideface.[/url]
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:47 am

Post by NavyCherub »

I should preview my posts more often.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:50 am

Post by InflatablePie »

...Fugi never made a post about loving me...

;_;

Zang, you don't have ANY thoughts on the day so far?
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 am

Post by NavyCherub »

InflatablePie wrote:...Fugi never made a post about loving me...

;_;
STOP BUDDYING ME DANG
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Brandi »

NavyCherub wrote: Over-analyzing is overreacting. Over-analyzing is bad because it causes you to defend statements that don't mean much in the end. For example, his "buddying" with Fate. Come on. The only reason you're calling him out for that is because he called you out.
No, it's not. Sometimes over analyzing catches scum and that is what I'm trying to do. Obviously I am not 100% in my accusations. I wouldn't want a lynch this early either, but stating early suspiciouns and reasonings for such- no matter how small is not a bad thing.

And it seems my point went way over your head as well. I was calling him out for being a hypocrite. I don't know about you, but in my opinion- when someone says they are against something and then goes around and does it right after saying such- that's pretty bad.

Hell I didn't even know he thought it was HIM he was accusing me of buddying- I seriously have NO idea where he got that from. He could have gotten onto ANYONE for buddying and I still would have attacked him the same.

Regardless of whether or not I am correct in my convictions- I got reactions, and I helped move the town into discussion.
Getting a "town vibe" is completely different from attacking someone relentlessly over game-start banter.
You're right, it's worse. He didn't just get a town vibe. He pointed to a random vote and said "TOWN." and then LATER ON called it a vibe.

Unless he was joking with that post- or has some sort of meta on him that I'm not aware of- that was a very scummy thing to do.

[/quote]
If I were on the computer when the game started, I would have said something about Fugitive being definitely town because he's never scum, a post about loving Pie, and a snarky comment toward Parama. Would you have been pursuing me about all of these?[/quote]

If you had said that it would have been obvious you were joking. I may have missed some early sarcasm- but everything you listed there would have made it very obvious.

Notice I did not attack Parama for his first post. Obviously I didn't take that seriously. I don't speak up on something unless I feel I have a reason to.

I have nothing against sarcasm and such like that. I'm a big fan, actually. I do have something against people who act this way in a serious manner.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:03 pm

Post by Brandi »

EBWOP:
If I were on the computer when the game started, I would have said something about Fugitive being definitely town because he's never scum, a post about loving Pie, and a snarky comment toward Parama. Would you have been pursuing me about all of these?
If you had said that it would have been obvious you were joking. I may have missed some early sarcasm- but everything you listed there would have made it very obvious.

Notice I did not attack Parama for his first post. Obviously I didn't take that seriously. I don't speak up on something unless I feel I have a reason to.

I have nothing against sarcasm and such like that. I'm a big fan, actually. I do have something against people who act this way in a serious manner.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by Parama »

This is pointless.
I am only being hypocritical under the assumption that I actually did buddy with someone, which I have not. Apparently humor is buddying nowadays. Your assumption is incorrect, your case is invalid, thus you have no case.
Do you see my point now? Good.
Brandi, I think you're town who's looking way too hard into everything and tunneling on me when there's a more obvious scum in FakeGod. If I thought you were scum I wouldn't bother responding to any of your walls because I don't need to explain why a case on me is logically flawed to scum because they won't listen to me anyways.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Brandi »

The very definition of buddying is joking around and being playful with someone in-game. How is that any other way around?

I mean if someone is my BUDDY, I'm certainly going to joke and be friendly with them.

I mean what is buddying to you? Being mean to someone?

Do you think fakegod was buddying other players? Wasn't he being friendly by complimenting everyone?

I'm actually trying to understand your logic now.... but I don't see it. It seems we have two different perceptions of buddying and I am very confused as to what yours is.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Zang »

ok, I just don't see how you can get a town vine from five letters.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Zang wrote:
ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEE
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:29 pm

Post by Zang »

InflatablePie wrote:
Zang wrote:
ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEE
I WILLLLL

I didn't see your post when I submited that one.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:40 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

Zang wrote:I WILLLLL

I didn't see your post when I submited that one.
I asked you the same thing awhile ago. Great excuse. So yeah.
Antiximo
Antiximo
Goon
Antiximo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Post by Antiximo »

I see brandi's puttin in work.

unvote

gunna go re-read this pile of trash you guys are blabberin.
Killin some scum.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Parama »

Okay, here's how I would define buddying.
Buddying is a deliberate attempt to establish a connection with another player. Buddying can be obvious and buddying can be subtle.
Scumlinks are different from buddying because scumlinks are not intentional by definition - it's more something that scum inevitably do regardless of whether they know it or not. The two can overlap - buddying can be a scumlink, of course, since otherwise there would be no point in looking into buddying attempts - but there's a definite difference.
Dunno where your definition of buddying came from, though I could agree that in certain cases it would fit under my definition - though it would more likely be the timing of such a post that would catch my eye.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Furry, you put NavyCherub's vote on the wrong person. I went and fixed it.
Never mind—you had it right the first time. Changed back.
Last edited by StrangerCoug on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Post by Brandi »

Well it seems I was wrong and now I feel like a noob.
Most of what was going on early game I misunderstood to begin with and arguing over two different definitions is indeed pretty pointless. I guess my perception of buddying doesn't make much sense after all.

Unvote: Parama

I'm not really convinced FalseGod is scum, he hasn't been posting enough for me to get a good read on him and he's just very odd and confusing. I suppose if I was making as little sense as I was then his hopping onto your wagon doesn't look very good. So those are scummy points for him.

But I also don't like how little Fate has been posting. He's posted a random vote with a joke comment, and then a serious (I think?) vote with a joke comment. And that's it. No serious input on anything pertaining to anything.

And since all this banter between me and Parama has been a meaningless distraction- the town needs some real discussion. (Well most of it- I still honestly do not agree with the whole TOWN read based on a simple RVS VOTE)

I'll have to read through again in a bit and try to get my head on straight.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by Espeonage »

@fakeGod: That only shows that it hasn't been working. But pointing out things you like about other peoples play while not commenting on the game is bad.

Wall of words makes my eyes bleed. Then i couldn't read them due to having blood in my eyes.

@This little arguement going on. Isn't there are page on buddying in the wiki?
Don't @ me.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”