Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Diacria »

Fur, what is your prior experience with mafia?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Post by Furcolow »

i've finished 4 games on another website (don't bother asking which), and am currently playing in three on here. I am not a very good player yet, but I usually have good reads on who are scum. Everytime I've been town, and am like 2-1 (1 game I died in already while protecting a medic who died right before me.. had a really good read that the person was pro-town). hopefully the town will pull through on that one, and i'll get wins in my other 3 i'm playing (including this one) and will be 6-1. Admittedly, most of the games i've played i've made some huge mistakes; though, i am trying to learn from them.

Mod Edit: Please don't reference ongoing games, even if you are dead in them. Thanks.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by danakillsu »

I'm here, but circumstances out of my control will keep me from posting again until the 8th. See you then, hopefully.
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Deer »

Even after Deer's post I want to know whether he couldnt scumhunt, or whether he didnt want to scumhunt pregame. Whichever he chooses I wish to also know why he used the other one as a reason. If it is both why did he not say that in either explanation he gave.
What the hell does this mean? I said it's hard to scumhunt when not everyone is there and posting - that is a true statement. Therefore, I thought it was slightly a waste of time. I don't understand your point.

@Nicodemus - there is no continued refusal to scumhunt. I was out all day today and couldn't get to a computer to post until now. Does that make me scummy?

Anyways, this wagon is ridiculous and I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scum on it. My gut instinct is telling me Jack here, for voting me without reason and getting mad at fonz for questioning Diacria, which needed to be done.
vote: Jack
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by dramonic »

I'm still waiting for a case from Dia, I'm at a loss about Jack's setup knowledge and people saying this is open.
Did I miss a post somewhere 0_o
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Diacria
Diacria
Goon
Diacria
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Diacria »

Lovely, Deer and Dram are both scum.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by dramonic »

Lovely, you're trying to setup a chain lynch.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Ythill »

The rules have been edited.

The debate in MD has convinced me that mod-killing for inactivity, even conditionally, is not a good idea. I'm removing the rule in question. Sorry to not have worked this out before the game started.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

"So yeah, it is a sign from the angels." ~CooLDoG
Deer
Deer
Goon
Deer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:45 pm

Post by Deer »

I don't even fully understand the case/wagon on me. Because I said it was hard to scumhunt when half the people in the game aren't posting? Someone on my wagon, tell me why that's scummy.
boberz
boberz
Mafia Scum
boberz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 pm

Post by boberz »

Firstly not scumhunting is in my eyes scummy. But there was also a contradiction deer.

In #45 you say it is very difficult to scumhunt. When pushed on it you change your mind and in #51 you seem to swing the argument and suggest we shouldnt scumhunt because not everyone is here. Now you are saying it was difficult again.

Either way get scumhunting!!!
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:19 pm

Post by Ythill »

• The Consensus

• 4 ~ Deer (boberz, The Fonz, Jack, Diacria)
  • 2 ~ sirdanilot (horrordude0215, Furcolow)
  • 1 ~ boberz (sirdanilot)
  • 1 ~ HackerHuck (bv310)
  • 1 ~ bv310 (Nicodemus)
  • 1 ~ Jack (Deer)
  • Not Voting: greenindirt, CCARaven4, dramonic, danakillsu, MehPlusRawr, HackerHuck, Damon_Gant, RichardGHP
  • Gardening Tips

• If I get too stoned to post (or whatever) PM ani for assistance.
  • With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch. The deadline is April 19, 13:00 PDT (GMT-7).
Last edited by Ythill on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

While I agree that we should all be scumhunting all the time, it is true that it's hard to scumhunt when half the players are posting. What if all of the scum are in the other half? But whatever, that isn't the case anymore, so it's irrelevant.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Well we were still in the Conf. Stage when people were claiming they couldn't scumhunt... how are you supposed to scumhunt when the game hasn't even started yet?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:54 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Hi all, should've posted earlier....

As of yet, I haven't seen any posts that I'd consider scumtells.

I agree to the contract Fonz posted, too.

Also, I highly doubt that people can scumhunt effectively while we're still in the confirmation stage. Most people haven't even POSTED by then, and how are you supposed to figure out someone's alignment if they haven't posted?

Why are we voting Deer? Could somebody please summarize the case against him?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:33 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Welcome all. I'm fine with the contract. I've played a few games on site before, so I know how it works.

Don't really get the case on Deer. Right now I'm after Diacria. He's seeming to be opportunistic by following on to others. Specifically the Deer wagon and this post also seems scummy to me.
Diacria wrote:
bv310 wrote:
Jack wrote:Since when does random voting induce pressure?
The RVS usually results in at least one scum slipping up and posting something odd.
Examples please.
I would have issues with his use of "usually" because I don't find it to be that frequent, but examples aren't too hard to come by if you have played more than a few newbie games. This just seems like a useless challenge to me.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:47 am

Post by RichardGHP »

The Fonz wrote:A) Not to claim vanilla townie unless at L-1, we are the leading wagon with an impending deadline, or during a massclaim, or our claim can somehow shed light on someone elses (for example: someone claims to have tracked you going somewhere).
Agreed.
B) Not to self-vote, barring the 2:1:1 endgame scenario.
Agreed.
C) Not to lie about our roles.
While I won't be, it is within the realms of possibility that certain townspeople will lie about there roles. Not to mention, it's basically the whole point of the game (lying), so I don't think this rule will be followed that much.
All the above on pain of lynch. Please state whether you agree, or if not, which of those you feel you ought to be able to do.
Overall, I agee with this contract. I may, however be breaking the elusive D) as I am now in 4 games, and it's kinda hard to keep up with all of them.
How much mafia have you all played?
2 or 3 completed games, 4 ongoing (including this one) and replaced out of 2 or 3. Not counting chat mafia, which I've played quite a lot of.

Vote: Nicodemus

*shakes fist*
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:50 am

Post by The Fonz »

horrordude0215 wrote:Well we were still in the Conf. Stage when people were claiming they couldn't scumhunt... how are you supposed to scumhunt when the game hasn't even started yet?
Things had been said that were of scumhunting relevance. More to the point, everyone else who posted in the confirmation stage seemed to be doing at least something to move the game along- discussing theory, criticising people, poking at each other. Deer didn't really add anything, there was kinda a posting for the sake of posting aspect. It's not a HUGE thing, but it's better than a random vote.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:54 am

Post by The Fonz »

RichardGHP wrote: While I won't be, it is within the realms of possibility that certain townspeople will lie about there roles. Not to mention, it's basically the whole point of the game (lying), so I don't think this rule will be followed that much.
It is within the realms of possibility that certain POWER ROLES might. I can't think of a situation where lying as a townie gives benefits that outweigh the risks. And, as noted, generally the field of situations where lying as a town role benefits the town is much smaller than the field of things the average player THINKS will benefit the town.

And no, the whole point of the game for scum is lying and misleading. Therefore, if town do it, they makes themselves look like scum. See: boberz.
MehPlusRawr
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
MehPlusRawr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:58 am

Post by MehPlusRawr »

Wait, with the contract- You can't claim vanilla townie unless you're at L-1, but you're not allowed to lie about your role? That looks a bit contradictory, or am I misunderstanding it?
I think I'm back. Mafiascum just became 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:13 am

Post by The Fonz »

It's saying, 'If I am a vanilla townie, I will not roleclaim unless I am put to one vote away from a lynch.' This doesn't mean 'If I'm a vanilla townie, i will claim something different when not at L-1.' You don't claim at all in any other situation.
Ythill
Ythill
Fabio
Ythill
Fabio
Fabio

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:37 am

Post by Ythill »

danakillsu wrote:I'm here, but circumstances out of my control will keep me from posting again until the 8th. See you then, hopefully.
After consideration, I'm allowing this 10-day V/LA without replacement. However, since it is close to half of D1, I will be prodding dana if he does not post on April 8 and he will therefore be replaced if he does not post or respond by April 9.
Record:
Town 10W/15L
Scum 4W/1L
Other 2W/2L
Newbie 1L

sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:09 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Jack wrote:
Diacria wrote:Oh, I got ninja'd
Jack wrote:I agree with sirdanilot. Given that the town can lose halfway through day 2 if enough things go wrong, we should make sure every lynch counts.
Jack, what you mean by the lose halfway through day 2 thing?
It was either in my pm or the OP.

Anyway,
vote:Nicodemus
What the hell? Why did you just softclaim something?

Is the nicodemus vote random? Why did you elect to random vote at this stage
Furcolow wrote:just finished reading the thread
i agree to the policy based upon roleclaiming, especially day 1. I am avidly against d1rcing.

(1)i would really like to put the fos on sirdanilot. of all the people so far, he appears the scummiest to me as well. (2)perhaps it is because i am about as new as horror,(3) but i'm AT LEAST just letting you know that you have a very scummy vibe to you regardless of your affiliation.

deer would be my second candidate at the moment, (4)and if voting for sirdanilot does not pick up traction or if he appears to be town in later posts, i will consider shifting my vote to someone else

vote: sirdanilot
1. Okay, he finds me scummy. Why is the 'as well' part in there?
2. Perhaps you find me scummy because you're new. I don't know. What is your accusation?
3. Uh I have a scummy vibe to me (explain please) regardless of my affiliation? So even if I am town I have a scummy vibe?
How does that make me scum?
4. "If nobody joins the sirdan wagon I'll shift my vote to the biggest wagon right now.

horrordude0215 wrote: Right now there's only 1 thing that's really sticking out to me as scummy: Post 23.
(1)I almost see this as a bit of an overreaction. (2)Number 3, however, was probably the only thing I found scummy in pregame. We're on page 1 in the confirmation stage, and you're claiming you can't scumhunt because only 1 other post contained content that you could use? Seems odd to me.

Vote: sirdanilot
dissecting again:
1. almost? not quite? Also psst, here's a new one for you: overreaction/overdefensiveness is not a scum tell.
2. to clarify, this was about me saying there was only one contentpost at the time (which was true). Why does it seem odd to you that I cannot scumhunt when there is only one post? Why does it make me scum?
MehPlusRawr wrote:Hi all, should've posted earlier....

As of yet, I haven't seen any posts that I'd consider scumtells.

I agree to the contract Fonz posted, too.

Also, I highly doubt that people can scumhunt effectively while we're still in the confirmation stage. Most people haven't even POSTED by then, and how are you supposed to figure out someone's alignment if they haven't posted?

Why are we voting Deer? Could somebody please summarize the case against him?
No we cannot figure out the alignment of those who haven't posted, but if you had actually read the thread, you would have known I said people aren't posting even when the game is ongoing too, due to flaking etc. We have to hunt with what we have. Besides, the game has started now.

I find it very very alarming that you cannot find any scum tells while there have been plenty. We are in page 5 and there has been content since page 1.
vote: mehplusrawr

I strongly urge you to go start scumhunting now, even more so if you don't find anything on first sight.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 am

Post by The Fonz »

unvote, vote furcolow

That's an awful lot of waffling to vote sirdanilot on essentially a gut feeling.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am

Post by sirdanilot »

The Fonz wrote:
unvote, vote furcolow

That's an awful lot of waffling to vote sirdanilot on essentially a gut feeling.
Why didn't you post anything about his 'case' earlier? I don't like how you ignore it, then parrot when someone calls him out on it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Ignore it? I didn't SEE it, until you quoted it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”