Open 214 - Lovers Mafia (Game over)

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:Yes, this is true. Why do you think camn though?
Well, it has to be out of camn and Maemuki. You and I are voting Mindgamer, and Mindgamer tried to hammer Haylen.

I was suspicious of how the Haylen wagon formed, and think in Lovers it's probably a good scum strategy to get on a wagon early, as the later votes will probably be scrutinised more in the event of a townie mislynch. It's about getting on a wagon before it comes into the spotlight, because every vote closer to lynch needs to be justified a lot more before it is accepted.

This is what Mindgamer did with his vote - plonked it down early on a townie, and oh look! a wagon forms and you don't really have to do anything but watch it go, you're already safely on the wagon (this is probably how he forget he was on the wagon). I think even though Haylen was a little bit scummy, it wasn't worth the 3 votes and camn jumped on to preempt a potential Mindgamer wagon.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:20 am

Post by Incognito »

You rock. How cool is it gonna be when you're one step closer to being .500 as town?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

Incognito wrote:You rock. How cool is it gonna be when you're one step closer to being .500 as town?
It's weird. I've been mostly bringing up my win/loss record with scum wins. 2/0 for 2010, boo ya!
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:58 am

Post by camn »

I can't believe that worked.

UNVOTE
VOTE: MINDGAMER
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:03 am

Post by Mindgamer »

So what do we have... a Hoopla who doesn't hesitate for a moment. And only 17 minutes later Incognito appears to attack me as well. I posted in the middle of the morning guys (In American perspective), isn't it weird that you are both so quickly at the scene? Perhaps Hoopla informed Incognito of the situation? Likely.

How hilarious you guys aren't even discussing what I just did. Go straight for the quicklynch. I'm 100% positive at least one of you is scum.

Oh, and in case you really don't get it: Of course I was aware that I wasn't hammering. Who do you think I am? Donald Duck? :P

Unvote. Vote: Incognito

----------

This post is reserved. I want to wait for other people first. This post will be posted when at least four people have given their opinion or someone actually puts me at L-1. :roll:
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:11 am

Post by Haylen »

I was just got back home to find camn had hammered Mindgamer, when I came up with a few ideas why Mindgamer is unlikely to be scum on the train...damn you no wifi...damn you.

This is what I had.

He wouldn't have hammered in a game as scum, because in a lovers game, it would lead to him being under immediate suspicion tomorrow. It wouldn't be very good scum play. A scum he wouldn't have so recklessly hammered given that he was so cautious earlier in the game.

Of course if he is scum, then that was a bloody quick win. Haylen calls Incog and Mae as his likely scumbuddies. camn isn't cause what idiot would lynch their own buddy in a lovers game. Hoopla...I just dont see a Hoopla/Mindgamer lovers pair.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Haylen »

PS. Sorry Sarag! I thought all my current mods were using red...heh...and it was Green Hat Day.

No worries.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:17 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Gah... how annoying. One of you thinks I am Donald Duck.

Out of these three, I think Incognito is most likely to be scum. Against his big post nature, he makes a pure vote post at 3:15 PM (my time), as if he thinks my scummyness is obvious and no explanation is needed. But at 5:52, more than two hours later, he still makes a big post. I get the impression he doesn't want to be called out for not thinking during day two.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Don't worry, Haylen. Camn put me at L-1, she didn't hammer me.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer wrote: Oh, and in case you really don't get it: Of course I was aware that I wasn't hammering. Who do you think I am? Donald Duck? :P
Then why did you do it?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:32 am

Post by Hoopla »

Game needs more Maemuki.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

Mindgamer wrote: So what do we have... a Hoopla who doesn't hesitate for a moment. And only 17 minutes later Incognito appears to attack me as well. I posted in the middle of the morning guys (In American perspective), isn't it weird that you are both so quickly at the scene? Perhaps Hoopla informed Incognito of the situation? Likely.
This isn't really a point. I'm not American, so it's normal time for me to be online, and Incog is a nerd who is always online.

If I informed Incog of the situation, wouldn't that have to mean we're both already online?
Maemuki
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Maemuki
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Maemuki »

Hoopla wrote:Game needs more Maemuki.
I'm reading, I'm reading! My brain is trying to think. (It isn't being very sucessful, but I'm trying.)
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Hoopla wrote:
Mindgamer wrote: Oh, and in case you really don't get it: Of course I was aware that I wasn't hammering. Who do you think I am? Donald Duck? :P
Then why did you do it?
Isn't it obvious? I was hoping for reactions like yours, reactions that were aiming for a quicklynch because I was 'obviously mafia'. Any person with rational townie thoughts would ask themselves what in the world I was doing. My plan worked almost perfectly, you didn't hesitate and soon another bandwagon'er appeared who wanted to profit and speedlynch me as soon as possible.
The only problem now is that there are three quicklynchers. :?

I expect Camn to be the townie, because she from the start of this game has showed quite the anti-Mindgamer attitude and I wouldn't be suprised if she just wants me out of this game for any reason. But that's not really a big tell, what's more important is Incognito's votepost to big post. Also, he is pushing the hardest 'Damn, I thought he'd be lynched by now'. Of course, the sooner I would be lynched the better since at any moment someone like Haylen can come in and stop the wagon with rational townie thoughts.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Incognito »

Hahahahahaha. This game gets better.
Post 104, Mindgamer wrote:So what do we have... a Hoopla who doesn't hesitate for a moment. And only 17 minutes later Incognito appears to attack me as well. I posted in the middle of the morning guys (In American perspective), isn't it weird that you are both so quickly at the scene? Perhaps Hoopla informed Incognito of the situation? Likely.
I've arguably been the single most active player in this game posting at all kinds of intervals during the Day. Unless you could somehow justify that my "jumping quickly at the scene" is out-of-character from my already hyperactive posting style, the argument you've sprouted above holds little to no weight.
Post 104, Mindgamer wrote:How hilarious you guys aren't even discussing what I just did. Go straight for the quicklynch. I'm 100% positive at least one of you is scum.
I've already explained why I'm pretty sure you're scum. And now you're claiming that your hammer was fake and was instead some kind of gambit? What could you possibly have been gambiting on?

Actually, explain why a Hoopla/Incog scumteam makes any kind of sense right now. Because, if you actually stop and think about why this argument makes absolutely no sense, what you're arguing is that the following sequence of events happened:

1)
You placed what would be a Haylen-town at L-1 (knowingly, according to you).
2)
Incog-SCUM switched his vote from Haylen-town to you.
3)
And Hoopla and I are scum buddies together with our votes on you.

I'm just curious as to why a me-scum didn't, um, I dunno, whisper over in Hoopla's ear in my Quicktopic to say PSSSSSSSST. Could you hammer the heck out of Haylen-town already? kthx.
Post 104, Mindgamer wrote:
Unvote. Vote: Incognito
Quick change for someone who was pretty sure I was town. What actually changed? My vote on you?
Post 104, Mindgamer wrote:This post is reserved. I want to wait for other people first. This post will be posted when at least four people have given their opinion or someone actually puts me at L-1. :roll:
Can you explain this part? I have no clue what you're saying here.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Hoopla »

The thing is though, I'm failing to see this as a town-gambit over retroactive justification. You left no hints or breadcrumbs, to indicate this might be a sneaky town plan, and when you've had your vote on Haylen for the entirity of the game, it's very plausible that you genuinely forgot you weren't voting her. Saying it's an 'obviously mafia' move isn't evidence that you were fishing for reactions.

Even if this was a town gambit trying to fish for scum, how was it more likely to ensnare mafia over townspeople? I don't buy the rational townie explaination, because rational townies bandwagon scum when they make mistakes.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Incognito »

I didn't even notice Haylen's post hahahaha.

So Maemuki, I'm expecting you to place your vote on me anytime soon. And then I'll probably bust a kidney and die of laughter.
Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:14 am

Post by Mindgamer »

These responses are mostly an attempt to take the attention away from the actual situation. But I will respond to the more interesting parts.
Hoopla wrote:If I informed Incog of the situation, wouldn't that have to mean we're both already online?
I'm online multiple hours a day as well, but I'm not regularly refreshing MafiaScum.
Incognito wrote:Actually, explain why a Hoopla/Incog scumteam makes any kind of sense right now.
Already did.
Incognito wrote:what you're arguing is that the following sequence of events happened:

1)
You placed what would be a Haylen-town at L-1 (knowingly, according to you).
2)
Incog-SCUM switched his vote from Haylen-town to you.
3)
And Hoopla and I are scum buddies together with our votes on you.
Strawman.
Incognito wrote:I'm just curious as to why a me-scum didn't, um, I dunno, whisper over in Hoopla's ear in my Quicktopic to say PSSSSSSSST. Could you hammer the heck out of Haylen-town already? kthx.
Yeah, quickhammer out of nowhere without any strong accusations. That's something scum would do... of course not. Are you serious or have you given up?
Incognito wrote:
Post 104, Mindgamer wrote:This post is reserved. I want to wait for other people first. This post will be posted when at least four people have given their opinion or someone actually puts me at L-1. :roll:
Can you explain this part? I have no clue what you're saying here.
Being at L-1 is very dangerous, because it means a townie didn't think and voted me. If one townie did this, chances are another one will. To prevent this, I already made my post and was ready to post it if someone would put me at L-1.
Hoopla wrote:The thing is though, I'm failing to see this as a town-gambit over retroactive justification. You left no hints or breadcrumbs, to indicate this might be a sneaky town plan, and when you've had your vote on Haylen for the entirity of the game, it's very plausible that you genuinely forgot you weren't voting her. Saying it's an 'obviously mafia' move isn't evidence that you were fishing for reactions.
So you really think I would quickhammer a wagon I was already on? :roll:
Hoopla wrote:Even if this was a town gambit trying to fish for scum, how was it more likely to ensnare mafia over townspeople? I don't buy the rational townie explaination, because rational townies bandwagon scum when they make mistakes.
Except this isn't just a regular mistake. And even if it was, a rational townie would hear me out about it, not speedlynch me in record time. The fact that you and Incognito were keen on speedlynching me is evident by your little conversation here.

----------

Pizza just arrived. When I come back, I'd really like to see Haylen's, Maemuki's and Camn's opinions on the situation.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:18 am

Post by Haylen »

^ He's hysterical. Did we break Incog? ._.

Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:20 am

Post by Haylen »

That was aimed at Incog >=(

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:22 am

Post by Hoopla »

Haylen, who are you actually suspicious of if you think Mindgamer is town?
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Haylen »

I'm spusicuous of Incognito definately for reasons I have given and Mindgamer's case against him has further covinced me.

I am slightly suspicious of Mae because she's been lurking.

I'm suspicious of camn because of her insistance that Incog is scum and for her putting both me and Mindgamer at L-1. That's both of the major wagons. Yet she hasn't moved over to the Incog wagon yet. Coincidence?

Mindgamer
Mindgamer
Goon
Mindgamer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Mindgamer »

Oh, no more posts?
Incognito wrote:I didn't even notice Haylen's post hahahaha.

So Maemuki, I'm expecting you to place your vote on me anytime soon. And then I'll probably bust a kidney and die of laughter.
Here's our champion IC speaking. Busting a kidney and dieing of laughter... At a loss what to do, scum? :P
Haylen wrote:^ He's hysterical. Did we break Incog? ._.
Yep.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Incognito »

Responding to multiple stuff here:

@Mindgamer:

How exactly is that a strawman? I gave a pretty good summary of what you're claiming to believe and what you're expecting the rest of the town to believe in order for a Hoopla/Incog scum pairing to make any kind of sense. I was hoping you'd explain why that series of events makes sense to you, and why a Hoopla/Incog scum team wouldn't just take the easier route of just hammering a Haylen-town. It's not like Hoopla would really take that much flak for hammering Haylen when she's already said what she's said about her in her posts over the last page.

And it wouldn't be a quickhammer "out of nowhere"; Hoopla pretty much already justified why she would have switched to Haylen, and you even cited what she said in your "hammer" post.

@Haylen:

All the reasons you've given are invalid. I've already responded to each one of them, and you didn't respond back so...?

And camn called me scum? Where? IIRC, she called me obvtown.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Haylen »

I dont know what to do now *is confused* we broke Incog. nobody breaks Incog. There has to be a rip in the time/space continuum.

*starts shaking*

Return to “Completed Open Games”