Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Sorry I'm late. I have pretty text, though! ^_^

00: Basic confirm post.
01: I don't like his reason for voting ksun (now mipe.) I can't really place why, but I don't.
02: Talking about his avatar.
03: Joke post.
04: Talking about theory in answer to a question.
05: Expresses desire to get the game moving, while talking about cookies and explaining his vote reasoning in the joke post.
06: Asks Sleepless' reason for voting him.
07: Looks logical, but something seems off.
08: Leading question?
09: Calm reaction to being at L-1.
10: Crickets chirping.
11: Still standing by the fact that mipe is scum mainly for lying, supposedly. I've already stated my thoughts on this.
12: :goodposting:
DocPotter wrote: Also, SK/Kitty. Damn near double the second highest poster. I'm going to be looking at you too come D2.
:?:
DocPotter wrote: Especially given so many people with low post counts.
Sleepless, Cat, Mipe. I always worry when you can't outpost the mod!
(and MalP but he's reknown for lurking)
Besides their lurking, what do you think of Sleepless & Cat?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by DocPotter »

KittyMo, it can be a sign of scum trying to dominate/direct the town's discussion.
I like to call it being Adel-ed. :)

Less likely given that both you and SK have posted a lot, but worth looking at.

As for Cat and Sleepless. I wish they'd post more. Actually, that goes for everyone.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Potter Doc or something like that wrote: As for Cat and Sleepless. I wish they'd post more. Actually, that goes for everyone.
But besides them needing to post more, what do you think of their posts?

And this sentence got lost in the double-posting-confusion-madness, but to summarize my read of Star, he's neutral, because he mostly seems logical and seems fairly protown, but something's off in gut-land.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:38 am

Post by KittyMo »

V/LA til lateish Monday

Woo snow camp!

"plz don't swear" -- N
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by startransmission »

DocPotter wrote:Star. I feel that you are disengenuous(sp?) with your reasoning for your vote, especially with reguard to questions by Sleepless.
What questions do you feel I answered untruthfully? I feel post 93 made even clearer what I thought was already clear. It's unbelievable to me that people could really think my "vote" for Mipe was serious.
KittyMo wrote:Still standing by the fact that mipe is scum mainly for lying, supposedly. I've already stated my thoughts on this.
First of all, I dig the hell out of the glittery text. It makes me feel special.

I agree that Mipe's post 39 is obviously him joking around. I didn't give Mipe a hard time about it at the time, but it did turn me off. Jokey posts are all good and well, but there comes a time when they become a distraction. It's a lie, and while that's not a big deal of you take this post by itself... but (as I explain in post 89) I'm leaning towards considering post 49 a lie also. That to me retroactively puts 39 in a whole new light.

While you're opinion of 39 is clear (and not too different from mine) what is your opinion of 49? Do you think my reasons for believing it to be a lie are a reach? And what about post 91?

Still waiting for Sleepless/Mipe to respond. Or to post at all.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
mipe
mipe
Goon
mipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:26 am

Post by mipe »

startransmission wrote: Still waiting for Sleepless/Mipe to respond. Or to post at all.
Well hello, what questions do you need answering for?
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:49 am

Post by DocPotter »

Vote Mipe

I was hoping for something more confidence inspiring Mipe.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:58 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

I don't know what to make of mipe. That last post, seems way too careless to be scum.
The case as I see it his lying about answering questions and not knowing how many players are in the game.

Sleepless went haywire with how confident he was with his scumread on star. There is almost no real case on star that makes him a viable lynch candidate. SA didn't read properly, and jumped at that chance to throw suspicion on him.

Since most of my misgivings against voting mipe are based of of mostly WIFOM, I will support a deadline lynch. He hasn't given us any content or effort at all.

DocPotter, whats your opinion of Sleepless, and his case on Startransmission?
Welcome to the Network.
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:59 am

mipe wrote:
startransmission wrote: Still waiting for Sleepless/Mipe to respond. Or to post at all.
Well hello, what questions do you need answering for?
:shock:

More Mipe votes please.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
Cat
Cat
Townie
Cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:59 am

Post by Cat »

DocPotter, you are quite confusing. You rag on the people who don't post as often, but also SK/KittyMo for posting the most?

Also, going by post count is incredibly silly. If you look at my PBPA post, that has loads of information as to where I stand on the game.
Show
Meow.

[b]Officially the game-playing alt of skitzer.
skitzer is for modding and MishMash.
Khamisa is retired.[/b]
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

startransmission wrote: It's hard to believe that you really think I was using mipe answering fluff questions that were clearly directed at other people as an actual reason to vote for him. My vote for him was random, and the reason silly. The silliest part about it was that
my vote was already on him
I didn't realize your vote was on him already. Still weird that it's still there though.
Star wrote:I agree with Saint about what? Saint never accused Mipe of anything.
Actually, he asked a question and you jumped in with basically a "yeah, that's scummy".
Star wrote:Have you read post 89, or even the rest of the game thoroughly? There are actual reasons I have my vote on Mipe now, reasons that have nothing to do the question answering.
Can you give me a bulleted or numbered or something list of why Mipe is scummy in your opinion?
Star wrote:I hate to burst your bubble, but you never called me out on anything. You asked why answering other peoples questions is a scumtell, and I answer why. But I made clear that it wasn't in Mipe's case.
I asked you why it was scummy because I disagreed. And I voted, making it clear I suspected you.

The last sentence there though. I didn't see that as a joke when you first said it. I'm trying to figure out if you were actually joking or if you are trying to cover it up as a joke. I really have no idea.

Unvote
. I clearly misunderstood some things. I need to try and sort this out. I still think that Mipe and Star aren't scum together but one of them is scum.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Lets just say that I've had a recent bad experience in a large game where 1 player doubled the post count of damn near every other player (23 player game), totally controlled the game, and he/she turned out scum.

From memory, last time I counted SK/Kitty was in that position.
(In this case its probably an indication that everyone else is posting too little lol)

Cat, it's an indicator that's all. It's not conclusive by any means. A tool. Like PBPA's. A way of identifying things/people I should look at.

Star: It's more a gut feeling. If this was a newbie I'd think you were an SE/IC trying to make a point.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Startransmission wrote: First of all, I dig the hell out of the glittery text. It makes me feel special.
That's a first. =] Most people just call me an attention whore... :cry:
Startransmission wrote: While you're opinion of 39 is clear (and not too different from mine) what is your opinion of 49? Do you think my reasons for believing it to be a lie are a reach? And what about post 91?
Regarding posts 49 and 91, I don't really think we can tell at this point whether they are lies are truth. I think they're null tell posts. I can see it being said if he's town or if he's scum. I can also see how you think they're scummy, but I just personally don't think we can tell. If he contradicts those posts later or something I'd consider that scummy. I think mipe is among the scummier players in the game, basically, but not because I think he was lying in those posts.

Also, we only have ~ 20 hours left until deadline, so we need to get things together and wrap up discussion and such.

"plz don't swear" -- N
startransmission
startransmission
Mafia Scum
startransmission
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:01 pm

Sleepless Assassin wrote:I didn't realize your vote was on him already. Still weird that it's still there though.
Not really, I've been vocal about my issues with him
Sleepless Assassin wrote:Can you give me a bulleted or numbered or something list of why Mipe is scummy in your opinion?
Eh, sure I guess, if it helps you. I've brought all of this up before but I'll reiterate via iso. Sorry if it's repetitive for the rest of you.

0. Replaces in for ksun. Nothing scummy.
1. Random vote for SK. Nothing scummy.
2. Responds to all the questions posed SK. Nothing scummy, kinda fun. But as I've said before, he answers
all 8 questions
, the eighth directed at the mod.
3. After being asked why he answered all the questions he responds that he read them wrong. That's a lie, but also clearly a joke as he changed all the names to his own. Not terribly scummy, but not at all helpful.
4. Seems to just realize that I had a vote on him, and places an OMGUS vote on me that puts me at L-1 while parroting SA's reason for his vote on me. Super scummy.
5. After SK and SA point out that I'm at L-1 Mipe says he didn't realize how many people there are in the game. Remember how he answered all the questions for all of the players? That makes it hard for me to believe that he didn't know how many people there are in the game. Consider also that he mentions who he knows and who he doesn't know. That makes it hard for me to believe he did not read the opening post, which makes the setup clear. And while this is nothing concrete I felt a note of insincerity in this post.
6. Explains why he didn't unvote me. This is the only time in the game where he directly answers a question and it makes sense/isn't a "joke".
7. Makes clear he is brushed up on the Ace Attorney series and welcomes Kitty.
8. Explains why he thought it was a nine player setup. I don't follow his logic.
9. Purposefully dodges Cat's question. Explains that he did read the first post, but got confused :?: by the roles and... I'm not sure what he's saying here actually.
10. Asks me what questions I want him to answer. Either a. he's joking around again or b. he hasn't read a word I or others have said in the past three or so pages.

So there it is. Mipe has been dodgy, shady, and unhelpful. Yeah, it's possible that Mipe is just a terrible townie... but the L-1 business is something I can't shake. I've seen scum use the "whoops, didn't realize what was going on" excuse before, and I don't buy it from Mipe. Another thing is the meta I have on him, where he played in a very similar fashion and ended up being scum. I would provide a link but that game is still ongoing and while Mipe is dead in it I still think it counts as a no-no. It's just something that bolsters the scum read that I get from Mipe.
Sleepless Assassin wrote:
Unvote
. I clearly misunderstood some things. I need to try and sort this out. I still think that Mipe and Star aren't scum together but one of them is scum.
While I think that Mipe is very likely scum (and therefore agree), I have to warn you against this way of thinking. While you should pressure and question the people you find scummy, it's dangerous to make too many assumptions. I myself have a tendency to tunnel and when you're convinced of something it's hard to see things in any other light. You have to take into account any possibility.
W--L--A as town
24--14--0
W--L--A as scum
14--4--0
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:13 am

Post by KittyMo »

6 hours until deadline. Mipe has yet to claim. Mipe is pretty scummy, though my first pick for a lynch is still DocPotter (There's obviously not enough time to switch lynches though...) Hm.

I don't think in a game with activity this strained the town can afford to no lynch day 1. I also think that Mipe probably isn't a power role or he would take more care to defend himself or be watching for L-1 to try and claim. If he is, well,
crap.

vote Mipe

*crosses fingers that we actually managed to find scum in a 5 page game*

"plz don't swear" -- N
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Excedrin »

Day 1 Final Vote Count

mipe (4): startransmission, Cat, DocPotter, KittyMo
startransmission (1): mipe
not voting: Sleepless Assassin, kunkstar7

mipe, townie was lynched day 1.

Submit night actions, night 1 ends Friday (hopefully before Friday).
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by Excedrin »

Night 1 ends, it's Day 2. Nobody died.

Deadline
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:36 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

KittyMo wrote:6 hours until deadline. Mipe has yet to claim. Mipe is pretty scummy, though my first pick for a lynch is still DocPotter (There's obviously not enough time to switch lynches though...) Hm.
Kittymo, I didn't understand this. I do understand not trying to switch the lynch. It would have been futile, we were pretty set on Mipe. Yet besides:
KittyMo wrote:His mipe-voting post is scummy. His answer to SaintKerrigan is also scummy. Plus, I thought you answered my suspicion and vote of you well, so I unvoted there and wanted to put my vote somewhere else.
You mention no other suspicion of DocPotter/Mal, nor do I get the feel from any of your posts that you think DocPotter is suspicious. Any reasoning, something to explain your suspicion?

I liked how the night turned out I must say.
Welcome to the Network.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:47 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Pretty much there's not a single post he's made that I actually like.

Replacing in, all he really says is that he has suspicions of the same 2 people that pretty much everyone else does. Then, he doesn't comment on anything anybody else says, just how much they've posted. As scum in the past, I focused on this a lot because it was a convenient way to make it look like I was doing something without actually scumhunting. I'm not a fan of the mipe vote either.

Oh, and the way malpascp dropped off the face of the game seems scummy to me.

"plz don't swear" -- N
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by KittyMo »

The thing here is that a good portion of my scumhunting in this game has taken place in my head because I'm not willing to post 80,000 times when there's nothing to reply to.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Kitty has a point about Doc. I voted Malp for the comment about being called a lurker as a response to the question about how he feels about lurkers. Then he votes Mipe, an easy target who we now know was town. Then Doc comes in and his two suspects are the ones we've been looking at all along and he has no comments on anyone else. Then, like Kitty says, his only points are how much people have posted. And the post about his "bad experience" is just awful. If you are gonna use a meta arguement, at least have your meta be the same person as you are going after.

Vote DocPotter

I still have my eye on Star too, but it appears I was wrong about some things, so I'm a little more hesitant there.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Eventually, Sleepless Assassin, keep in mind that our goal today is probably to no lynch because we have 6 players alive. We're in mislynch or lose.

Consequently, L-3 votes are okay, but L-2 votes have the danger of a scum quickhammer.

"plz don't swear" -- N
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Kitty. Am I understanding you correctly? I am scummy for
not
posting/behaving like you have done in games where you were scum? For not spamming a slow game? (I completely disagree with anyone saying I am lurking btw, given that there have been 8 player posts or so since my last post)

Tell me Kitty, is this sudden interest in me because I said I was going to take a closer look at you in D2? Wouldn't this make me suspicious of three people? (Mipe, Star, and you)
I'm not willing to post 80,000 times when there's nothing to reply to.
QFT I've been too bloody quiet by half and still have nearly 25% of the posts since I replaced in. Kitty is at 31% btw.
Sleepless wrote:If you are gonna use a meta arguement ...
I even named the player you know. Try looking at him. For that matter, why is that only the second post you've made since I replaced in almost a week ago? Did you see my comment about outposting the mod being a good baseline to be at? Not just you mind,
*looks at kunkstar among others*

At least now we have 20 days or so to get people playing.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:02 am

Post by DocPotter »

Doing some ISO stuff.
Cat wrote:DocPotter, you are quite confusing. You rag on the people who don't post as often, but also SK/KittyMo for posting the most?

Also, going by post count is incredibly silly. If you look at my PBPA post, that has loads of information as to where I stand on the game.
The fact that you could do it so easily 20 days into the game is sad.

That 7 of your 11 posts are empty of content, that you joke about the lack of content in your PBPA, these are not good.

btw, did you notice that about halfway through page 2 you started pidgeon holing people as town and scum? (Or so I infer from the way the Scummy/not scummies start disapeering from your PBPA)

Big townie feel from the few content laden posts, but so much fluffy stuff in such a quiet game is a worry.

Malp. I am yet to see a game he didn't get replaced in and am yet to see one he really took part in. A couple of those games were bloody rippers too. (I was in them under a different ID)

SaintKerrigan/KittyMo. Not sure how I feel about SK. Doesn't seem scummy, but doesn't strike me as townie either. One suspicion that I'll keep to myself bu it would be a townie tell.
Kitty wrote:Besides their lurking, what do you think of Sleepless & Cat?
Getting to this properly now.

As for Kitty, I like the way she's been posting, calling on the town to participate more and all. Definate town feelings from her. (I like being able to compare a replacement properly to the person they replaced and I feel we can here. Because we have one definate fact. Both people received the same role PM which gives a comparison point)
(I'm starting to really think that SK/Kitty is posting right and everyone else is too low, not that SK/Kitty is posting too much like I aluded to earlier)

I'll finish the rest later. It's 01:00 local. (and spelling became an optional extra a few hours ago)

Return to “Completed Open Games”