Mafia 107 - Christmas Time Mafia (Game over)

pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Post by pman5595 »

NavyCherub wrote:I'm up for it, Konowa.

Vote: TheLonging

Despite saying that he has "a few thoughts," he isn't really taking a stance on anything. He writes this off by saying that there hasn't been anything to go off of from only four pages, but I highly disagree. There have been quite a few events and some decent discussion all around, so to not have any opinions after all that is strange. Everyone else has had something to say, so why doesn't he?
why must you do this to me. In the post I say "I'll go first", I get ninja'd

FML
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

If I don't hear anything from TheLonging, I'll cast my vote to him. In fairness, at least he has posted
something
, but not posting at all is better than posting with little or no content to add. I can't recall him adding any decent insight into the game and his persona in general seem a bit off.

(Also inb4 "hyposcrisy, much?")
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by Bogre »

Navy Cherub pinned the main problem I find in TheLonging's post. He really doesn't say anything substantial, and in fact advocates a random lynch unless someone does something scummy. That seems strange to me, because though we have only a few pages to go on there is plenty to look at/discuss. And the whole point of the game start is to generate discussion- there are plenty of things that could have been looked at instead of saying, "I don't really think there's anything here yet, and so we should random lynch." Even random bandwagons at this point aren't that pro-town, as I think we've reached the point where they can be starting on something substantial.

Secondly: TheLonging focused on the person voting him, and that is scummy, to be instantly on-edge like that, and concerned that you're being voted for. Plus, he unvotes without comment, which could mean he sensed the bandwagon dissolving and decided to hop off opportunely.

The -really- scummy thing is this:
TheLonging wrote:
Unvote: Konowa

No, I haven't found anyone suspicious Kon, save for a few people that show up on my ultra-cool Scumdar 9001, only $99.99 at Wal-Mart. But they don't show up much for a few reasons. I didn't say there was no one suspicious; I simply asked your thoughts on the game so far.
He contradicts himself in his own post, first of all, and even though he states he finds 'a few people' suspicious he neglects to name them. Why, pray tell, wouldn't you call out who you find scummy? Oh right, because you're scum and you really can't find anyone scummy. Plus, he unvotes after people voice discontent with his omgus.

Unvote
VOTE: TheLonging
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
Bogre
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Bogre
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:36 pm

Post by Bogre »

RichardGHP wrote:If I don't hear anything from TheLonging, I'll cast my vote to him. In fairness, at least he has posted
something
, but not posting at all is better than posting with little or no content to add. I can't recall him adding any decent insight into the game and his persona in general seem a bit off.

(Also inb4 "hyposcrisy, much?")
Hmmmmm.

I think this, paired with the aforementioned unvoting by TheLonging, suggests that they might be linked together, as I was beginning to have suspicions of. (TheLonging's opportune unvote, GHP's unease to vote him)
Show
Murder, Corruption, Betrayal.
ArmageddonMUD
www.armageddon.org

Scum do it in the Shadows.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Richard: Lurking though isn't a good move though, and is a good clue to tell someone that that person might be mafia.

1. Yes, that was in part an OMGUS vote towards him. In hindsight, I should have not cast the vote at all, but at the time I aimed for Kona.

2. I didn't notice the bandwagon on CSL at all until I read it over a few times, but I thought nothing of it tbh because of RVS.

3. My only idea(es) right now is to either:

A) Random lynch (very bad)
B) Argue for a while with each other until we find someone we're pretty sure is scummy and vote for them

I'm gonna look through the thread again, my last few posts have been half-assed and really stupid.
Show
Town:
0-1 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
Scum:
0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)
3rd Party:
Overall: 0-0 at MS.net (0-0 offsite)

Thestatusquo - and that, ladies and gentlemen, was trolling.
cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Yeah I don't think random lynching will do us good at all. I don't really find anything scummy about the CSL bandwagon at all.

Bogre: I don't see how we could be connected. If he wants to vote for me, he should have done it.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

cyberbob - it doesn't count if you're insecure enough about it to have to openly pat yourself on the back
NavyCherub
NavyCherub
Goon
NavyCherub
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by NavyCherub »

TheLonging wrote:1. Yes, that was in part an OMGUS vote towards him. In hindsight, I should have not cast the vote at all, but at the time I aimed for Kona.

2. I didn't notice the bandwagon on CSL at all until I read it over a few times, but I thought nothing of it tbh because of RVS.

3. My only idea(es) right now is to either:

A) Random lynch (very bad)
B) Argue for a while with each other until we find someone we're pretty sure is scummy and vote for them
1. I don't find your specific vote for Konowa as suspicious as the others do, personally, I understand why you used the vote to bring him out the same way he brought you out. I just don't think it was necessary, which is where the small amount of scumminess comes in.

2. You honestly didn't notice how CSL had five votes on page one, two or three of which specifically included the word "wagon?" :|

3. Obviously random lynches are bad, and we have been doing that second point for awhile now, which is why your lack of a stance is not looking good for you.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

vote CSL
...now he is posting elsewhere....he is officially lurking here.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Yeah I noticed that it was a wagon, but I thought nothing of it because it was during the time when we voted randomly really.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Er can't edit.

Although I guess now I should have found it suspicious. Also; CSL is lurking now? Strange
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Bogre pretty much sums it up for me, although I do disagree that being concerned about being voted for suggests scum. Nobody wants to be lynched (unless there's a Jester), right? I think he's not wrong in trying to deflect suspicion from himself, and I'm guessing that is what a lot of people want to do this early on.

However, is demeanour as of late is somewhat suspicious. There is plenty to discuss by now, and not being able to give an opinion - and even stating that he can't give an opinion - makes him sound like scum trying to keep out of harm's way by not saying anything he's not supposed to or shouldn't say.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Here's an opinion then:

I find CSL very suspicious because he's lurking instead of contributing at all to the thread.

I find DragonsofSummer suspicious now because he's blatantly wagoning on CSL, and even though it was RVS, it's still just trying to get him closer to a lynch.

I'd like to hear more from sorasgoof (since he hasn't posted in a while) and see what he says about this
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

pman5595
pman5595
Goon
pman5595
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by pman5595 »

TheLonging wrote:I find CSL very suspicious because he's lurking instead of contributing at all to the thread.
I agree with that. CSL, post in here with opinions, please.

BUT, which is more suspicious, not acting, or acting scummy?
Current Games: [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13952]Mini 957[/url]
Record: Town- 0W/0L, Mafia- 2W/2L, Other- 0W/0L
DragonsofSummer
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
DragonsofSummer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by DragonsofSummer »

For insane backtracking backtracking and terrible statements for why people are scum by TheLonging see 104 and 111.
unvote vote TheLonging
I believe thats L-4 people.

Also I haven't picked up my role pm? I was pretty sure I did, and have posted once, but I will do so again just to make sure.
"I want you to hit me as hard as you can."
-Tyler Durden
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:12 pm

Post by TheLonging »

pman5595 wrote:
TheLonging wrote:I find CSL very suspicious because he's lurking instead of contributing at all to the thread.
I agree with that. CSL, post in here with opinions, please.

BUT, which is more suspicious, not acting, or acting scummy?
Not acting, because a lot of people can act scummy and they may not be scum. Mafia can just lurk so they reduce their chances of being noticed and not called upon until the later rounds.
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by CSL »

FYI, I sent the mod a message about me replacing out.

I do not play a game without RVSing, and that's over already.

So,
I'm replacing out
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:01 pm

Post by ready2rock »

Here are my thoughts on everyone so far:

curiouskarmadog- posts only to ask where CSL is and doesn't contribute anything else.

Bogre- seems pro-town to me. Posts good content and votes with reason

CSL- replacing out

DizzyIzzyB13- started the CSL wagon and hasn't posted since

DragonsofSummer- has been on BOTH of the large bandwagons. Hasn't posted much else.

danakillsu- hasn't posted yet

Konowa- don't like his style of play (questioning, vote happy), but I can't get a read on whether it is scummy or just the way he plays.

malpascp- has only posted to defend bandwagoning CSL

RichardGHP- seems to be more noob play than scum play to me. I'm keeping my eye on him as the game progresses.

CCARaven4- promised content but hasn't delivered yet

InflatablePie- posts good content, but hasn't posted in a while

sorasgoof- hasn't posted since RVS

ready2rock- obviously has played the best game so far. 100% town :D

diddin- has only 1 content post, can't really get a reading off him yet

Fugitive- has a very aggresive playing style, but nothing that comes off as scum. Doesn't avoid questions asked to him.

pman5595- seemed unsure of himself on how to start the day, but then did post some good content. However, his posts on page 1 (RVS is stupid, then random voting) still doesn't sit well with me

Nicodemus (bball for pie)- posted only once, but had some good thoughts in that post. btw, what is a "weasly voice"?

NavyCherub- seems pro-town to me. Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with god thoughts

Parama- seems to be contributing well, although I do not like his voting of diddin and dana because I don't think that putting 1 vote on someone pressures them any more than 1 person asking for content.

TheLonging- contradicts himself in post 89 ("No, I haven't found anyone suspicious", "I didn't say there was no one suspicious") as well as (I think) a misuse of a semicolon. :wink: . 104 and 105 he tries to take responsibility away from himself. He is highly suspicious in my eyes.

Concerning the CSL wagon: what is more suspicious than the wagon itself is the fact that 3 of the people on that wagon have posted almost nothing since.

Anyway, I'll take Konowa's bait even though I'm not fond of his playing style:

vote: TheLonging

FoS: curiouskarmadog, DragonsofSummer, Konowa, malpascp, RichardGHP, CCARaven4, pman5595

Would like to hear more from:
curiouskarmadog
DizzyIzzyB13
DragonsofSummer
danakillsu
CCARaven4
malpascp
sorasgoof
diddin
Nicodemus
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Haven't posted today because I was a double shift (11 AM to 10:30 PM). Sorry. Was typing this up as r2r posted:
TheLonging - 105 wrote:Yeah I don't think random lynching will do us good at all.
TheLonging - 78 wrote:If anything, I find a random lynch one of the best options we have unless someone basically acts very scummy.
Others have beat me to the punch on most of the other points, but you're contradicting yourself. I don't like that. It seems that once you got called out on how your idea was bad, you changed it to try and get out of the spotlight.

@Longing: Why did you decide to wait two posts/ten minutes to vote Konowa? Did anything in the two posts before you give you a reason to call Konowa out? I'm not saying asking him what he thought was scummy, but it seems odd to me.

Other than that, I'd like to hear more from Summer and CCARaven. The latter usually has good things to say.

---

I'd also like to hear from Nico/bball.

curious is kind of odd to me as well, since I don't remember him saying anything aside from focusing on CSL... I'd like to hear his thoughts.
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:17 pm

Post by ready2rock »

That puts TheLonging at L-2
ready2rock
ready2rock
Goon
ready2rock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by ready2rock »

@pie: I'm not sure whether that's a contradiction as much as a change of mind. Although that doesn't sit well with me either since he had this sudden change of heart after everyone said it was a bad idea and put suspicion on him for it.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by TheLonging »

Hi Pie.

I contradict myself because I think I realized after a few minutes thinking that random lynching is a bad idea. You know, because we're more likely to get a townie. Plus the gameplay isn't even good to start with.
@Longing: Why did you decide to wait two posts/ten minutes to vote Konowa? Did anything in the two posts before you give you a reason to call Konowa out? I'm not saying asking him what he thought was scummy, but it seems odd to me.
For one, I couldn't edit my post, so I made a new post.

Second, now I know it was a bad move that put me in a pretty bad light. At the time, my reason for voting for Konowa was that he was asking more questions to people asking them on their thoughts of the game than actually trying to provide a case with what he thought (42 proving me wrong.) (This sentence made more sense in my head for some reason). Large majority of his posts are *vote random player, ask questions, unvote* repeat. Maybe that's his playing style, but I don't know his playing style, which is why I voted for him.[/url]
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Parama »

ready2rock wrote: danakillsu- hasn't posted yet

Parama- seems to be contributing well, although I do not like his voting of diddin and dana because I don't think that putting 1 vote on someone pressures them any more than 1 person asking for content.
You could also call my vote on dana a policy lynch vote because if this goes anything like 106 dana's not going to be posting much and even when she does she won't be contributing much.
TheLonging wrote:Yeah I don't think random lynching will do us good at all. I don't really find anything scummy about the CSL bandwagon at all.

Bogre: I don't see how we could be connected. If he wants to vote for me, he should have done it.
Random lynching is bad. RVS wagon that still hasn't died yet implies to me that either the people on the wagon are too lazy to come up with valid reasons for voting, or they're scum focusing in on a townie player.
The connection is possible - there was an obvious unease to vote, but scumbuddies often do vote each other to remove suspicions toward them if their scumbuddy is close to lynch.

I don't understand why CSL refuses to play without participating in RVS, since if he missed it then that's really his own fault. I would like to hear from his replacement once they catch up with the thread.
RichardGHP wrote:Bogre pretty much sums it up for me, although I do disagree that being concerned about being voted for suggests scum. Nobody wants to be lynched (unless there's a Jester), right?
I don't understand why so many games always have jester speculation at one point or another. And even if there was, I'd assume they'd play like they don't want to get lynched while intentionally acting slightly scummy at the same time, and nobody in this game reads for me like that.
TheLonging wrote:Here's an opinion then:

I find CSL very suspicious because he's lurking instead of contributing at all to the thread.

I find DragonsofSummer suspicious now because he's blatantly wagoning on CSL, and even though it was RVS, it's still just trying to get him closer to a lynch.
RVS votes hold little to no value in this game. Really, CSL and DoS were both just lurking (though now I see that DoS has joined us while CSL has left). Lurking is not a definite scumtell by any means, it shows a reluctance to play and an unwillingness to contribute, but of course some will try to do it to avoid suspicion. The best thing to do with lurkers is to call them out until they get active in the thread and contribute. If they refuse to do such after being called out then it's best to have them replaced, not lynched.
Anyways, I would like dana lynched by policy or replaced at the very least, but TheLonging just screams scum at this point, he's just trying to deflect suspicion towards others randomly and not helping his own case.
Vote coming in next post just in case I get ninja'd by someone putting TheLonging at L-1.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by Parama »

EBWOP:
vote: TheLonging
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
TheLonging
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
TheLonging
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:30 pm

Post by TheLonging »

And by gameplay, I mean playing by randomly lynching people. And also because random lynching isn't even coordinated; it's picking random people and hoping they're mafia.
ready2rock wrote:as well as (I think) a misuse of a semicolon. ;)
Whoops. Well I'm not perfect you know :P
Show
Town:
Scum:
3rd Party:

RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:32 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

ready2rock wrote:NavyCherub- seems pro-town to me. Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with god thoughts
I am in no way trying to attack Navy here, but "Consistently contributing throughout the entire game with go(o)d thoughts" does not necessarily constitute a pro-town player. Someone is the SH game (keeping them anonymous for their sake) did exactly this, and was always considered pro-town. Then they flipped scum. There's no guaranteeing that a similar process will happen in this game, but it's a little early in the game to be making an assessment like that.

/my two cents

ready2rock wrote:FoS: curiouskarmadog, DragonsofSummer, Konowa, malpascp, RichardGHP, CCARaven4, pman5595
I'm not sure I agree with that huge 7-way FoS, but I can see where you're coming from this early in the game. Still, pointing a FoS at 7 people at once is not exactly the most pro-town thing to do at this point.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”