Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
Lynx wrote:On a side note, you say it's town's motivation to get us out of the RVS. But I've seen you do little to accomplish this goal. As far as I'm concerned, Paradox and I are the only ones with actual serious votes out there.
Is your vote on CSL really that serious?? You jumped on what seemed like a very lighthearted post. His "Fos: My Bandwagon"-post seemed to me no more grave than if he had said "cmon guys im really the RVS target?" I get this vibe based on the "evil twin" comment after, followed by the "XD"

I guess this could be aided by CSL responding as to whether his threat was a legitimate one.
Are you asking him if it's serious, as in the reason is not random? or serious as in a serious accusation of scumhood? Because you seem to be referring to the latter, but lynx seems to be referring to the former.

VOTE COUNT

(3) CSL - Maemuki, Paradoxombie, Lynx The Antithesis

(2) Lynx The Antithesis - RayFrost, dank
(1) Deuxieme Octopus - Khamisa
(1) Haylen - Haylen
(1) Khamisa - Deuxieme Octopus

Not Voting: CSL

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
DEADLINE: September 23, 2009 6:30 PM PST
"Beware of Zombie Entanglements."
-George Washington

So it goes.
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Post by Lynx The Antithesis »

dank wrote:My vote may not have changed, but i'd certainly argue that the discussion i started in the last few posts has done the most to get us out of rvs. I did not and still do not want to bring CSL to L-1 quite yet, but I clearly have some suspicions in his direction. For now, i'll
unvote, vote: Lynx
Well I suppose your last few posts have done enough to get you out of the RVS. But I think I was already out when I laid my vote on CSl. And I'd still really be interested to know why exactly you are voting me? You've given very little explanation behind this. You think I'm suspicious because I did not find the points presented by Paradox to be suspicious?

DO wrote:Is your vote on CSL really that serious?? You jumped on what seemed like a very lighthearted post. His "Fos: My Bandwagon"-post seemed to me no more grave than if he had said "cmon guys im really the RVS target?" I get this vibe based on the "evil twin" comment after, followed by the "XD
It's not so much the FOS, but the threat which I do find to be a serious attempt to scare someone out of placing him at L-1. Like a pre-emptive measure to avoid being pressured.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Post by dank »

I've explained what I didn't like about your post, so please don't try to strawman it into something that it isn't. I didn't like how you seem to think there's nothing wrong with a prolonged rvs, whereas I've explained why I think it is scummy, and why scum would want it to last as long as possible. My vote is the first one on you, my vote is based on very little at this point, you're not even my prime suspect (but due to not wanting L-1, I have no problem with there being a single vote on you). Why are you so so concerned about my vote?
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:42 pm

dank wrote:I've explained what I didn't like about your post, so please don't try to strawman it into something that it isn't. I didn't like how you seem to think there's nothing wrong with a prolonged rvs, whereas I've explained why I think it is scummy, and why scum would want it to last as long as possible. My vote is the first one on you, my vote is based on very little at this point, you're not even my prime suspect (but due to not wanting L-1, I have no problem with there being a single vote on you). Why are you so so concerned about my vote?
I'm not all to concerned with your vote. I simply desired to see the reasons behind it. If someone is voting me, then I'd like to know the logic behind it in order to defend myself. So you're voting me because:
Dank wrote:I didn't like how you seem to think there's nothing wrong with a prolonged rvs
Now where exactly did I even say this? I remember saying this much:
Lynx wrote:I see no reason to really. It's odd to state your distaste for the RVS, then continue it along with another random vote. I don't find this necessarily scummy though
In here do you see anything about me saying there's nothing wrong with prolonging the RVS. I said it's odd for CSL to say he dislikes the randomness, then keep it going with another random vote. I didn't find this move scummy because there was nothing at this point that really had moved us out of the random stage for him to make it serious. Just because he said he didn't like the random stage doesn't mean he has to be the one to end it.

Two questions Dank. If he wasn't at L-2 would you be voting him over me? And why is it that you don't want to put him at L-1? Out of curiosity.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Post by RayFrost »

unvote, vote: Dank

No reasoning for voting somebody helping get out of RVS = scummy (from his own logic, helping to get out of RVS is town points)

No reasoning for a vote in general is scummy.

What I perceive to be a distracting discussion about the values of RVS and the dangers of an extended one (game theory doesn't help find scum)...
don't you feel silly now?
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:51 am

Post by dank »

I see no reason to really. It's odd to state your distaste for the RVS, then continue it along with another random vote. I don't find this necessarily scummy though
Meh, to me, I thought it implied you also saw nothing wrong with prolonging the rvs. Still reads that way to me, but maybe i'm just misreading what you meant.

As far as your questions: I do not like early L-1s. I think practically no scum, would take the chance to hammer, while a greater percentage of nooby/not so smart townies would hammer (remember the trendy and subversive we played, when saber hammered d1 for no reason?). Saber basically cost us that game, and any other townie hammer at this point easily could as well. Since the chance, imo, for a townie hammer is greater than a scum hammer, I see no need to put us into that situation. There's plenty of time left to figure things out.

Ray- 1. Reasoning was given, though you seemed to not read it.
2. Oh, should Lynx be immune because he's helping us get out of RVS? I wasn't aware.
3. Read my post. Helping get out of RVS could be an attempt to gain town points, but it is technically a null tell.
4. Reasoning was given; more in quantity and quality than the ones you just gave here. You give hardly any reason for voting me here (and the ones you do don't really make much sense; i guess that means you're kinda scummy too).
5. Game theory could easily help find scum, as scum will often try to turn these discussions in their favor, and perhaps convince the town of a strategy that could help them, or even advocate a town strategy to look more town. ANY discussion is helpful in this game, because ANY discussion lets us get know the players better, and gain insight into what they're thinking. Why exactly, is this discussion distracting and unhelpful? Would you rather we still be floating around in RVS land?
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 am

Dank wrote:Meh, to me, I thought it implied you also saw nothing wrong with prolonging the rvs. Still reads that way to me, but maybe i'm just misreading what you meant.
I definitely did not say that. I'm seeing how you're misreading it that way though.

You are right about the L-1 thing. Saber really changed my feelings on leaving someone at L-1. I just want to see if you had solid reasoning for avoiding it.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:20 am

Post by Khamisa »

Deuxieme: 'z's themselves aren't scummy; however, having a z in the pronounciation of your name when it isn't in the word is. Also, I am Lynx the Antithesis.

I'm tempted to vote Haylen because I think he's scum and he wants to replace because things aren't going his way.
JK JK JK

LtA: Britney Spears could Break The Ice for us!

RayFrost has claimed Mafia, so I should probably vote him.

CSL: It's OK, I've been a target of the RVS before. It's not fun, but it's not serious either, so you'll be fine unless you act scummy :D

It kind of looks like dank just switched his vote to Lynx because Lynx was arguing against him. Unless I missed something.

Unvote
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:46 am

Khamisa's post looks more like a summary of events rather than an actual contribution. In other words a fluff post. Posts like these shouldn't be tolerated anymore. We're not in the random stage any longer.
FOS:Khamisa

Give us some actual content.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:04 am

Post by Deuxieme Octopus »

RayFrost wrote:(game theory doesn't help find scum)...
This is false. Discussion of game theory encourages scum to contribute in what they sometimes mistakenly interpret as a "non-scumhunting" environment, leaving their posts less guarded. Analysis of game theory posts can definitely yield results.

Also, if that all sounds a little too conspiratorial for you, game theory discussion is still discussion. In this game alone, theory-talk is ushering us out of RVS.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 am

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:Khamisa's post looks more like a summary of events rather than an actual contribution. In other words a fluff post. Posts like these shouldn't be tolerated anymore. We're not in the random stage any longer.
FOS:Khamisa

Give us some actual content.
I agree. My vote on Khamisa stays as some more encouragement.
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:18 pm

Post by CSL »

I'm going to
V/LA
from every game for a few days. A close friend of mine hurt her ankle really bad, and I'm unable to concentrate on anything because of it.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
dank
dank
Goon
dank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:42 pm

Post by dank »

my condolences.
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Paradoxombie »

unvote, vote: Khamisa
I agree that she is not really doing anything. I'm also not a fan of leaving a vote unused.
-George Washington

So it goes.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Post by RayFrost »

unvote

Khamisa does need to post more, admittedly... but I don't consider the lack of posting to be vote worthy yet.

Dank
:

good point :)

To be honest, this is one of the few games I'm in that I didn't replace into... and I'm feeling just about the same: slow.

I'm having difficulty adjusting my play from the replacing in and having a few pages to read in which I can see a lot of things said and not said... once I've adjusted fully, I'll be able to do better.

Currently, I don't see any real tells, so I'm at a loss.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:17 pm

rayfrost wrote:Currently, I don't see any real tells
But I do
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:35 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Deuxieme Octopus wrote:
rayfrost wrote:Currently, I don't see any real tells
But I do
Then you are better than I am. :?
Tenchi
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Tenchi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:57 pm

Post by Tenchi »

CSL wrote:I'm going to
V/LA
from every game for a few days. A close friend of mine hurt her ankle really bad, and I'm unable to concentrate on anything because of it.
Noted.

I still haven't found a replacement for Haylen. Will go on the aggressive on this on Thursday. Also, activity check on Thursday.
Yes. That same Tenchi. :D

Reicheru and Tenchi begin to bond more, sending love letters to each other.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:49 am

Lynx wrote:
DO wrote:Is your vote on CSL really that serious?? You jumped on what seemed like a very lighthearted post. His "Fos: My Bandwagon"-post seemed to me no more grave than if he had said "cmon guys im really the RVS target?" I get this vibe based on the "evil twin" comment after, followed by the "XD"
It's not so much the FOS, but the threat which I do find to be a serious attempt to scare someone out of placing him at L-1. Like a pre-emptive measure to avoid being pressured.
Don't we all take preemptive measures to avoid being targeted? I'm less worried about someone who makes a blatant mock-threat than I am someone who tries to ascribe it more meaning than it's worth...
Paradoxombie
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Paradoxombie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:51 am

Post by Paradoxombie »

RayFrost wrote:
unvote

Khamisa does need to post more, admittedly... but I don't consider the lack of posting to be vote worthy yet.

Dank
:

good point :)

To be honest, this is one of the few games I'm in that I didn't replace into... and I'm feeling just about the same: slow.

I'm having difficulty adjusting my play from the replacing in and having a few pages to read in which I can see a lot of things said and not said... once I've adjusted fully, I'll be able to do better.

Currently, I don't see any real tells, so I'm at a loss.
We're not gonna get to that point if people aren't using their votes.
unvote, vote:RayFrost
-George Washington

So it goes.
Khamisa
Khamisa
Goon
Khamisa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:18 am

Post by Khamisa »

I didn't realize there was actual stuff to talk about yet. I thought I covered what little there was to cover.

And don't give me any of that 'not voting is scummy' poop. Voting supposedly leads to pressure. I disagree. I'll use my vote when there is sufficient evidence to do so.
Show
[color=red]dead[/color] world
full of [color=red]shades[/color]
today i [color=red]die[/color]

[color=#33CC66]free[/color] world
full of [color=#33CC66]beauty[/color]
today i [color=#33CC66]swim[/color]
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Paradoxombie wrote:We're not gonna get to that point if people aren't using their votes.
unvote, vote:RayFrost
Why the rush for me to vote?

I didn't make a post after it, so I am obviously considering who is and isn't suspicious. Pressuring me won't speed up my thought process.

As it is, Khamisa has yet to contribute content and has, instead, chosen to add fluffy flutter posts.

This lack of content and choice, earlier, of IoA makes her vote-worthy.

vote: Khamisa
Lynx The Antithesis
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Lynx The Antithesis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:00 pm

DO wrote:Don't we all take preemptive measures to avoid being targeted? I'm less worried about someone who makes a blatant mock-threat than I am someone who tries to ascribe it more meaning than it's worth...
Can you explain to me in what ways we all take measures to avoid being targeted? If you play too timid in this game I feel like we won't get anywhere.

How is it not wrong to state that you will definitely vote someone who places you at L-1? You shouldn't vote someone based on where they vote you on the wagon, but with what reasons and style they are voting you. I think our disagreement on the tone of the threat is affecting this matter.
RayFrost wrote:Why the rush for me to vote?

I didn't make a post after it, so I am obviously considering who is and isn't suspicious. Pressuring me won't speed up my thought process.
It obviously did considering you voted Khamisa in the very next post.
If you got it flaunt it.
-Judas Iscariot
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Lynx The Antithesis wrote:
It obviously did considering you voted Khamisa in the very next post.
It didn't influence so much as her post afterward =/

She was pressured to put some content in and choose to instead do more fluff.
Deuxieme Octopus
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Deuxieme Octopus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:06 pm

Khamisa wrote:I didn't realize there was actual stuff to talk about yet. I thought I covered what little there was to cover.

And don't give me any of that 'not voting is scummy' poop.
Voting supposedly leads to pressure. I disagree.
I'll use my vote when there is sufficient evidence to do so.
[bold is me]

Voting is pressure in and of itself. Explain how you can possibly disagree.

Return to “Completed Open Games”