Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 9:39 pm

Post by Thoth »

rite wrote:Guess it's time for revelation.

My role is Nightcrawler, from X-Men Evolution. My role is somewhat unusual-- I have the ability to choose to teleport myself away from danger any night I choose to. The catch? If I'm investigated, I will be seen as guilty.

As for why I was not only seen as guilty, but as Freeza, I haven't the slightest. I've never seen DBZ... I'm assuming he's the villain?
Nice try Rite, thinking of a role that would show the wrong alignment and subtly making a spelling error in Frieza as if you've never seen this name before.
One problem with this claim is that I do not get guilty or not guilty, but I get only the name of the character.
Tigris wrote:I know quoting out of context a bit, but it helps me get things clearer. Uhm, there seems to be a slight discrepency between your claim and your information gathered, perhaps explaining more fully how you have information on a townie night one, Rite night two, and whoever stinkified God night two?
It says in my role that i'm able to deduce clues and solve mysteries. Maybe thats the reason I got extra info. I don't know for sure why I got this. First night I got only my result and something about the paint I found.

Next a huge
Fos:God
as well for defending Rite. There's a difference in evilness between animal instinct and killing billions of people.
One more possible theory about the stink I now thought of is this. What if the Mafia targeted Pepe Le Pew and he chased them away by releasing a certain odour. Should this have happened it might be a wise thing for Pepe to claim as well, so that we may string up God next night. What contradicts this is that someone was sneaking around Gods house last night. Aaargh this game is to difficult for me.

One last thing: I think we should lynch Rite today, but it may be wise to first discuss whether I should reveal the rest of my info as well. There's a reasonable chance that it dies with me tonight if the paint would not work anymore, so we should decide whether it is beneficial for the town to have this out in the open.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:05 pm

Post by Thoth »

Sorry for doubleposting, but I just remembered something.
There were of course 2 killings night on, so the whole part I wrote about there probably being only 1 killing group is nonsense. :oops: So there are either 2 mafia groups or more likely one group and a SK.
Unless there are some killing restrictions for one of them it means that 2 people dodged an attack last night(or both SK and mafia targeted me 8) ), which would make the Pepe theory in the above post a bit more likely.
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:36 am

Post by rite »

Thoth wrote:
rite wrote:Guess it's time for revelation.

My role is Nightcrawler, from X-Men Evolution. My role is somewhat unusual-- I have the ability to choose to teleport myself away from danger any night I choose to. The catch? If I'm investigated, I will be seen as guilty.

As for why I was not only seen as guilty, but as Freeza, I haven't the slightest. I've never seen DBZ... I'm assuming he's the villain?
Nice try Rite, thinking of a role that would show the wrong alignment and subtly making a spelling error in Frieza as if you've never seen this name before.
One problem with this claim is that I do not get guilty or not guilty, but I get only the name of the character.
For the record... I've never seen Dragon Ball Z, I have no idea of the plot, character, good guy, bad guys, whatever. Well, that's not totally true... I know the main character's name is Go... something. Gokum? Gokom? Goku? But yeah, I've never heard of the role or show.

I'd like to reiterate that I have no idea why "Frieza" popped up when you investigated me. I was told only that the disadvantage of protecting myself would be being shown guilty to investigations.
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:43 am

Post by Totem »

Still confused as hell. I will try to make it short and easy.
1. I am almost certain that invisible paint and stinkiness has no connection whatsoever. Paint was from Coyote from ACME catalog. Coyote was a good guy. Sadly dead so we won't get helpfull things from him anymore.

2. where the stinkiness came from? If Pepe le Pew is from the same show as Coyote there must be another source of that smell. Do we have other skunk here? or somethnig other that could produce the smell

3. NO KILLS tonight. This is important. Nurse is dead. Thooth was protected. Something happened to God. Where the kills went,? and where is the connection? That's still too little to stop 2 kills. I believe that we have a role blocker.

4. Both claims made look very scumlike to me. I don't believe single one so the question is. Why they did say such things??

5. And I still think that there is more to 'instant girl' thing that has been said. At first I thought :girl -> Johny Bravo?? We nead more info here as well.

6. Who can massive be and what abilities can he have ?

7. that isn't short and easy and I probably forgot one or two important things .. like .. who is again talking outside the tread?and what can we learn from this?
[size=75]Saves London.[/size]
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 4:11 am

Post by TBuG »

rite, you're making me more suspicious of you as we go along.

My plan:
We lynch rite.
If Thoth was right, I interview Electra.
If Thoth was wrong, I interview him.
I think regardless of whether I am killed or not, the interview still shows up on "TV".
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:20 am

Post by God »

so someone sneaks around my house late at night, and makes me stinky...
:oops:

i doubt both maf + sk (if there is one) targetted thoth because his invisible paint thing was public.

another thing is the question of who the maf (+sk?) will be targetting tonight... thoth and PBuG seem like they are the most likely targets so any docs (if any still living) should try to protect those two tonight.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:21 am

Post by God »

sorry to double post, but what is this that Sugar's talking about?

anyone have any idea?
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:26 am

Post by God »

sorry to TRIPLE post
We interrupt your cartoons with breaking news.
I've been alerted via PM about a post to the Mafia Discussion Thread made by our very own PBuG. A few of you may have seen it. For those of you who didn't get to, here you are:
PBuG Wrote:
Mini 51: I said that I had a role that I didn't want to reveal, then some *possible* Townies though I was suspicious, I'm standing out the second most only to blackhawk.
Although this is a violation of the game rules (To preserve the integrity of the game, refrain from discussing your role and/or game happenings with any of the other players, active or inactive, as long as the game is still running), I do not feel that anybody needs to be disqualified from playing. I would ask that everyone re-read the rules, and if you have any questions regarding them, please PM me. I'll answer as quickly and elaborately I can. I'd also like to remind you to please refrain from quoting any mod PMs in the game, or posting after your death.
On that happy note, back to your regularly scheduled cartoons!
but was it you again PBuG???
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:14 am

Post by TBuG »

God, I don't understand what you're asking..
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:28 am

Post by Tigris »

Okay, so things I know/am very sure of:
1. Instant girl is an acme product, thus I doubt that Wile E. lied about being a powerless townie and it is someone else who distributes the acme stuff (otherwise why not re-enforce the role by stating that he gave Thoth the invisible paint?)

2. This means that the stench and the paint/instant girl are two different people (in all likelihood) and thus the stink bomber is unlikely to be a doc varient (my personal take on it is that an instant girl could be, uhm, :oops: , a way to role block for the night)

3. I just ran out of time to talk, so probably more later tonight. :wink:
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:45 am

Post by massive »

I am Samurai Jack. I have one protection and one kill that I can use any time during the game. That's not the important part. What's important is that the inflatable girl prevented Electra from making her kill last night. I was suspicious of Electra when she put the last vote on Wile E. last night, even after information had come to bear about the can of invisible paint. Now I'm convinced she's scum. Sorry dear.

vote Electra
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:47 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay, I'm happy that massive is Samurai Jack and not Aku... Aku would have been just a NIGHTMARE because he would probably have a night ability. Has anybody noticed that most of the roles are of the main character from a show? Excluding Nurse Joy, and possibly Velma, of course.

I'm not sure who to believe now - Thoth or rite.

However, I truly believe that Electra is scum now.
Unvote: rite
Vote: Electra

I've made up my mind, tommorrow I'm interviewing Thoth. No matter what, I bet it will be on tommorrow. Even if I die, hopefully. Unless I'm blocked.... Somebody's gonna get hurt if I do....
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 10:36 am

Post by Thoth »

OK, I do not know why a lot of people don't believe me. There is no point in scum roleclaiming this early when there is not threat of being lynched. The best they could do is trade a townie for a Mafia and thats only a good deal for the town. Therefore a
Fos: all who doubt me

As it looks a lot like PBuG is almost a confirmed innocent it probably won't hurt the town much to reveal my night one result. As we already have enough innocents for the Mafia to kill one more might even be good.
Totem wrote:4. Both claims made look very scumlike to me. I don't believe single one so the question is. Why they did say such things??
I hope this convines you:
Totem is Dexter

Regarding Electra: As Rite is certain to be scum and Electra only probably it would make more sense to me to kill rite today and learn more about Electra tonight.
@Massive Why are you so sure that the instant girl was a roleblocker? Did you give it or did you deduce it from Tigris' post.
God
God
Goon
God
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:59 am

Post by God »

i was asking whether or not it was you who posted outside the thread PBug
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by TBuG »

God - Yes, but that was on Day 1. The most recent role-breaking had to do with me and Thoth revealing our roles.

P.S. Sugar thank you for still not disqualifying anybody. The reason that I revealed my role was because I needed some proof of my pro-townness to keep me around, and I said who I would interview ahead of time to prove it even further. I had gotten worried because last round is because I was second most suspicious at the time, and #1 most suspicious is dead.
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 3:42 pm

Post by Electra »

PBuG wrote:Okay, I'm happy that massive is Samurai Jack and not Aku... Aku would have been just a NIGHTMARE because he would probably have a night ability.
Um, how are you able just to take his word for it?

massive- First of all, how are you so sure that the instant girl is a role blocker? Secondly, Wile said that he was a powerless townie, and he certainly SOUNDED evil. If I'm not mistaken, you had a vote on him as well. Finally, how exactly am I more suspicious than someone a cop pegged as evil? :roll:
fos: massive

Vote on rite stands.
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 5:56 pm

Post by Tigris »

Okay, back, tis late though, so shortish post.

If Totem=Dexter then Thoth=Velma for sure, just because a guess like that would be next to impossible for a mafia.

If Rite=Frieza, then Electra=probable scum
(At this point, I would prefer if Electra claimed a name (not abilities, just the name) of her character/the character she claims to be)

*sigh* I suppose at this point the only people I trust are . . . . no one? But if I rated people it would be in this order

Suspicious: Rite, Electra, God, massive
Unsure: isaac and PBug
Not really suspicious: Totem and Thoth

As for the instant girl, it was merely a thought that it might have that purpose, simply because I cannot think of any other purpose for it.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:44 pm

Post by massive »

Electra: Up until the point in the game where the evidence about the invisible paint came to light, I agree, I think everyone thought he was guilty as charged. As soon as there was more evidence about the invisible paint, though, one of two things needed to happen, either:

1) We needed to have time to assume that if Wile E. was Mafia, then the recipient of the invisible paint was most likely Mafia as well (trying to solidify Wile E's claim) or

b) We needed to realize that Wile E. was beneficial to the town, and there was another reason for his fallacious role claim

One of those two WOULD HAVE happened if you had not come along and quite mysteriously cast the killing vote. Had I been given the chance, I would surely have unvoted Wile E. and started over.

I will go back and logically deduce through the rest of today, but I chose to post earlier while ignoring because I believe you are scum and you were the more important target for me.
confirm vote Electra
Isaac
Isaac
Goon
Isaac
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 6:59 pm

Post by Isaac »

Ok, I'll admit it. I am very confused. Specifically, I'm confused because people keep on making judgements without explaining their logic, or without any logic whatsoever. For instance: Massive decides to role claim with no pressure, and in the same post declares that the invisible girl was a role blocker. But what evidence does he have of this? He doesn't explain his logic at all.

I re-read this thread twice to make sense of it, and the scummiest person so far that I can see is massive. He is trying to bandwagon Electra today because she cast the deciding vote against Wile. E. He specifically says its because she didn't give him enough time. But he seems to have forgotten exactly what he posted a few pages ago. Before electra cast the deciding vote, massive posted that (I don't have the exact quote, but go read for yourself) Jazzred had been jerking us around all weekend, and could someone please cast the final vote on him. He is trying to bandwagon Electra today for a bandwagon that he was a vocal supporter of. He says that we didn't get enough debate, but he himself wanted the debate to end, and Jazzred to hang. Jazzred had five votes on him for quite a while, more than long enough for massive to unvote if he actually cared about getting the word out. So, anyhow, that's what I think about massive.

Also: I can't stress this enough, but I honestly don't think that the very fact that someone is a villian in their show means that they are evil in this game. I'm sure there are some characters who are heroes in their show who are evil in the game, and the other way around. Well, not
sure
sure, but I have a feeling that's the way the game is structured. I can't explain any deeper logic behind it, besides the fact that having a game where it's just villians vs good guys is less interesting, and the fact that Wile E is a dead villian and townie.

I honestly can't say I have a whole lot more to contribute at this point. I agree that Rite's role-claim is extra-ordinarily suspicious, but again, not enough to vote for.

So yeah, I'd like to hear everyone's thoughts. Also, if we could, when making accusations and particualarly FOSes and Votes, explain our logic, it'd be great.

p.s. Thoth... when you say that Totem is Dexter, are you just pointing out that his first language isn't english, or is there some deeper mystery i'm not getting?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:22 pm

Post by massive »

Isaac: You're purposefully mis-interpreting what I said to make me appear scummy. I did indeed say that someone should vote for JazzRed ... immediately BEFORE the information about the invisible paint came into the discussion. THAT is the catalyst for my suspicion of Electra. I believe that most players should have read that "ACME can of paint" and realized that Wile E. was distributing toys.

I did not role-claim with no pressure. My show was revealed and I was either going to say "Jack" or "Aku," and in the interest of proving I was Jack, I gave the details of my role. Saying "Jack" and leaving it at that would have led to me being bandwagoned and eventually saying exactly what I said, so I avoided the waste of time.

I believed the inflatable girl to be a role-blocker from the moment I saw the words on my screen.

I don't know what to think about rite. The role claim sucks. Nightcrawler may have been seen as a demon in the movie, but that's far from the case in the cartoon. However, I'd be more likely to believe that Electra is really Frieza and that Thoth got redirected to her. That, however, is speculation, and any action that would have caused that can not be attributed to myself.
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:38 pm

Post by Totem »

I confirm that I am Dexter. And go back to sleep. Had a big party last night. Could somebody with clearer brain figure this out? Electra will get my vote (not now, because in my curent state)

ps. Didn't Coyote specificly said that if he reveal his ability he will no longer be able to use it?? ??
Totem
Totem
Saves London
Totem
Saves London
Saves London

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 2:12 am

Post by Totem »

OK, I have reread the whole tread very carefully and still I am confused.

Most of the things I said in my last long post are still valid, and we need lot more info.
Please all reread that post
. New ideas???

I am beggining to suspect sobebody with role redirecting. or being able to mess up town investigations or other actions.
There is no discussion that town has many quite strong roles - there must be something to balance this. And I still believe that we have no clue what it is.

Another important thing. After rereading carefully the most (!) probable mafia is
God
I am beginning to wonder. Is his stinkines something we didn't even consider = LYNCH PROTECTION. ??

List of people from mostly townish to mostly scumish :
PBug, !
Thoth
Isaac
Tigris
massive ?
Electra ?
rite ?
God !!

(now I must catchup with 'Rumors' mafia)
Tigris
Tigris
Goon
Tigris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 3:10 am

Post by Tigris »

Thoth wrote:
Totem wrote:Can the 'invisible one' give us some more information?
The only info I have is that I received a can of ACME invisible paint which I used. Maybe the ACME is a clue to where it came from, as RoadRunner is not in the ACME hour and Dexter is(together with lot of other shows).
You mean this reference to ACME invisible paint? It seems to suggest that the Coyote did not distribute the paint.

Thoth: I forgot to ask earlier, why are you sure there are two killing groups?

Oh before I forget type thing, I don't know if I necessarily agree with Totem about the town having powerful roles, I most certainly do not. Also, while the interview reveals which show a person is from, it does not give alignment, so . . . To give you some idea about what I mean about my role not being powerful, I still have no clue what happens to the person I target (what game effects), I think it may just be a way to amuse Sugar. :lol:

And where are people getting the idea of a role redirector? :?
vote: Rite
, an inspector got him guilty, and his claim stinks of scum trying to save his own hide.

*sigh* as long as I have a bit of time I will give my answers to Totem's post/questions. #1 talked about already, 2 perhaps a stink bomb, it is a game based on cartoon shows after all, probably pro-town if it was a stink bomb 3 no clue, 4 Thoth got an innocent and guilty, which proves he is either insane or sane, so coming out with info that potentially catches 2 scum=good especially with the doc dead, Rite=trying to save himself with a claim that makes him look evil to investigations (imo), 5 I already spoke to, 6 Aku, Jack (oh and the idea that only title characters will be in it, how many cartoons are named after a villian?, 7 don't have a clue
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:33 am

Post by massive »

That is the reference, Tigris. It only suggested that Wile E. didn't distribute it to Thoth, although I can't imagine why. Wile E. would be the obvious link to any ACME products for anyone who's seen the show even once, I'd think.

I'd say the characters are split about 50/50, it seems. Nurse Joy, Velma, Nightcrawler, and Wile E. aren't title characters (and we can assume Electra's character and/or Frieza aren't the title character either); Dexter, myself, Hamtaro, and Space Ghost all are title characters. One thing I want to do is go back over the role claims / show claims and gather up that info.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:33 am

Post by TBuG »

Okay, my is gets confuse. (Translation: I am getting confused.)

I'm fully believing Thoth now.

FOS: rite, God

I'm still voting Electra, but tommorrow I'm interviewing God instead of Thoth. Any objections? (Not counting God possibly)

Electra, I highly doubt that you and rite could be from the same show. rite, just because you have not seen the show doesn't mean you can't be Frieza. Plus, you DID name the rite name for Goku. (pun intended)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”