Newbie Game 720 -- Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:15 am

Post by Vamparific »

for those who voted me im sure both scum were part of it...you'll believe me after the lynch.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:16 am

Post by insanepenguin02 »

Vamparific wrote:for those who voted me im sure both scum were part of it...you'll believe me after the lynch.
Well, if you are telling the truth, then we made a mistake. But you didn't make it easy to just shrug off your activities.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:19 am

And I suppose that since I was a big player in getting you lynched, if you are a townie, I will probably be the one killed overnight.... If there is a doctor, I could use some help!
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:24 am

Post by magisterrain »

sorry penguin i didn't even realize you were vote number 4

my point was just that the 4th vote kind of gave the scum an easy hammer.
however you are right that you enumerated your reasons for voting him in a reasonable and logical manner.
vote 5 is much more scummy in my opinion. and since that vote is from benmage its even more suspicious, though at the same time possibly a newbie mistake (im not so sure i believe this anymore though)

is vamp telling the truth?
hey mod, come help please!
Vamparific
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vamparific
Vote Magnet
Vote Magnet

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Vamparific »

*gets bored waiting and ties noose around my own neck and jumps off the platform*
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:54 am

Vamparific wrote:*gets bored waiting and ties noose around my own neck and jumps off the platform*
LMAO!!!!
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Yaw »

Relax, folks. First time I'm getting to the thread today. And to answer Benmage's question, no, exact spelling is not required. As long as you've uniquely identified who you want to vote for in bold, I'll count it. (So just "Vamp" was sufficient.)

Final Vote Count:

Vamparific (5): magisterrain, qwints, T-Rex, insanepenguin02, Benmage

Not Voting: LongShanks, Azhrei, Vamparific, Charrat

And with that, Vamparific is led...well, not so much led to the gallows. He actually runs up to them, puts his head in the noose, kicks out the chair himself, and tries to dance at the end of the rope while suffocating. His jerky movements release a business card from his clothing, identifying him as a mere, Calzonian townie.

Vamparific, Townie, lynched Day 1.

It is now Night 1. Because of the holidays, I'll make the night a little bit long to allow people to spend some time with their families. So let's have it end
Sunday, December 28 at midnight EST
. To clarify, that's the end of Sunday, so you still have Sunday to get in choices if you have them.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Yaw »

On a cold grey morning, you awake and walk to the town square. After learning there are only seven of you, you search for the missing Calzonian. Dead inside his house, you find LongShanks, a poor Calzonian townie.

LongShanks, Townie, killed night 1.

It is now Day 2. With 7 alive, it will take 4 to lynch.

Also, qwints is on V/LA until after New Year's (around a week).
Success breeds suspicion
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

I had wanted to clarify something before night began; I’m not trying to use my new status towards this site/forum as an excuse for anything. Like I initially said, I’ve played games very similar to this on a different forum.

Anyways with what happened during day one I sorta felt damned if I did and damned if I didn’t. Had Vamp been mafia, the biggest bullseye ever would’ve been on my chest. Perhaps I acted to hastily in my decision making. I will say one thing, the format I am accustomed too had much shorter deadlines generally 72hrs max for days. If not enough votes were in night would begin anyways. I’ve notice looking at many other games here that days can easily last much longer.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:04 pm

Post by Azhrei »

Well, welcome back everyone, and merry christmas to you all.
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:32 am

Post by magisterrain »

well, by benmage's own admission, he's not really a newbie

also, benmage, you say you would've looked bad if you had not voted for vamp because of one player's very slight suspicion of you two being a pair. so why not try to dispell the notion that you were a pair? one looks MUCH scummier by dropping a quick hammer on a townie in order to avoid suspicion than by making an attempt to deny partnership with a suspected scum.

i think it is obvious benmage is trying to hide something. what does everyone else think?
fos benmage
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Benmage »

Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only one vote left.

In hindsight now it was a bad decision.. had vamp been scum.. well
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 am

Post by magisterrain »

Benmage wrote:Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only one vote left.

whoa, whoa, whoa. what do you think i am, a priest? you apologize for something and i just forgive you and move on? this is such an obvious overreach to appear 'good' and 'innocent' that i find it highly scummy.

and what do you mean by 'the fact that there was only one vote left' ? do you mean you feared this? if so, what do you mean by that? do you mean that you were afraid someone else would hammer and you would be left voteless? how does that make you suspicious, since there are many others playing? only a guilty player would be so paranoid to think that no vote would lead others to suspect him of something

obvious scum.
vote benmage
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:48 am

First off, I hope everyone is having a great holiday season and will have a great new year!

Second,
MOD: I don't think that we were mad or anything at you, we were just having fun. So don't feel that we are mad at you or were getting feisty. You're doing a great job moderating this game.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Yaw »

I don't think anyone was mad at all. I'm just not quite used to Newbie impatience yet. :wink:
Success breeds suspicion
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:58 am

Benmage wrote:with what happened during day one I sorta felt damned if I did and damned if I didn’t.
Why would be "damned" if you didn't? There were others that could have voted and you would have only had a non-vote. That wouldn't look too bad. Now, I would agree that you are damned if you did because of the way you are backtracking now.
Benmage wrote:Had Vamp been mafia, the biggest bullseye ever would’ve been on my chest.
Why? We would not have thought anything is you wouldn't have voted.
Benmage wrote:Perhaps I acted to hastily in my decision making.
I don't feel that there is anything wrong with hasty decision making. I like a fast moving game also, it keeps my interest. BUT I only act once I have reason and enough evidence to act. Again, you backtracking here is kind of interesting as there really wouldn't have been much interest in your hammer vote at least for a little bit.
Benmage wrote:Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only
one vote left.

So you felt compelled to lynch him because there was just one vote left?! I'm confused by this. We could have gotten more info from vamp, had more info brought up about someone else, etc. and didn't NEED to lynch him that quickly. I thought vamp was scum because of the things that he said and when he said them. He felt very scummy IMO so I voted, giving reasoning behind it. For those that didn't give much reasoning but rather bandwagoned, there should be some questions answered as to their motives.

For you, ben, you need to REALLY clarify why you are trying to backtrack!
FOS: benmage

I have to say that I am with mag here in that you are trying to portray yourself as being innocent and making bad decisions only to backtrack now after the fact. You are looking very scummy but I am not casting a vote just yet in order to get more clarification and more insight from others over the next couple days.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:59 am

Yaw wrote:I don't think anyone was mad at all. I'm just not quite used to Newbie impatience yet. :wink:
Got ya! lol
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote:
Benmage wrote:Your right i did act hastily, my fault.. i guess i feared the association, and the fact that there was only one vote left.

whoa, whoa, whoa. what do you think i am, a priest? you apologize for something and i just forgive you and move on? this is such an obvious overreach to appear 'good' and 'innocent' that i find it highly scummy.

and what do you mean by 'the fact that there was only one vote left' ? do you mean you feared this? if so, what do you mean by that? do you mean that you were afraid someone else would hammer and you would be left voteless? how does that make you suspicious, since there are many others playing? only a guilty player would be so paranoid to think that no vote would lead others to suspect him of something

obvious scum.
vote benmage
What..lol..hmm me try and dissect your outrageous claim, and quite suspicious jump to conclusion

First: I never apologized to you, I said "myb" in possibly acting hastily in the final vote. I said also said I'm use to a quicker style game play.. no biggie.. however with Vamp being innocent, in hindsight it was a bad decision.

Second: I thought I explained it under the "damned if I did damned if I didn't".. To explain, if I didn't vote agaisnt Vamp, and he proved out to be scum, I feared an association with him and thus an easy target. However it unfortunately turned out he was a townie and we lynched an innocent.

Cont: I feared not voting would make me look suspicious, based on the fact that I had already been claimed in association with vamp. Even if it was a minor statement I felt that thats irrelevant. Had vamp been scum, said person would have nominated me next, and I feared an easy bandwagon following. (Lets not forget 4 other people had reason enough to vote for him as well before me) Thus my decision to drop the hammer, I felt not at all "scum-like" but rather obviously drawing a division between myself and vamp, and ending day one.

Finally:There was 9 of us, with 2 mafia... honestly in how many games have you played that no innocents were ever lynched? Heck I can't recall playing one where we successfully lynched a mafia on the first day.

Now.. I generally don't like to vote for someone simply because they voted for me. I often fine it quite childish and leads nowhere... I strongly feel that you jumped to conclusions about me, and feel strongly that you are mafia. However I'd like to wait to hear from you again and the others.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Benmage »

(oh my post was responding to magis, let me read penguins, who posted while i was posting mine.. )
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Benmage »

Hmm to penguin and anyone else who might wonder, if i didn't explain well enough in responding to Mag.

To begin:
I also prefer fast paced games, and said i come from a style where days were 72 hrs max, and night would occur if the deadline was reached without a majority. So I didn't feel bad about dropping the hammer. As I too felt Vamp sorta scummy but not 100% as I posted when I stated that 4 votes were already out and only one remained to lynch him. (that was obviously done before I voted, but it was also done before I was stated as in possible association with Vamp...which changed my decision to not hold my vote)

As far as the bullseye on my chest, I feared a popular bandwagon(if vamp was mafia).. They seems common in these games (atleast from my experience)

Perhaps I'm not being clear enough in my explanations.. Because I don't think i'm backtracking, but merely explaining... The only possible "back-tracking" would be that I feel bad that vamp was innocent, and that I mayyyy have acted quickly, since sometimes days last a reallllly long time on this forum.

So ya.. anymore questions or clarifying feel free, I think I'm being clear, but who knows.
insanepenguin02
insanepenguin02
Goon
insanepenguin02
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:34 pm

Ben - Thanks for clarifying. I am keeping the FOS on you though for the time being. Reason for that is just the obvious: Backtracking (or call it what you will) is a scum-tell IMO. But, I am not going to read too much into it after my scumdar was flashing insanely on Vamp and he was townie. lol. Overall, I am keeping you on my radar but am entertaining other ideas, thoughts, analyses, etc. to get better reads on everyone else as well.

mag - I agree with all that you said and showed this in my post (115). But voting on this evidence makes me a little more nervous now after what happened with Vamp. I think that we should wait until more people involve themselves in this new day and we get more info from others' posts before voting. Just my opinion.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by magisterrain »

penguin, the reason i went ahead and voted benmage is because he came back with even more suspicious and specious claims after i pointed a suspicious finger at him. even now, he's repeating the same old tired arguments. ive yet to get a good reason from him for why he hammered; in fact i dont think there is one. he is scum and he saw an opportunity to get rid of a townie and jumped at it.

of course, i could be wrong, as i was with vamp. since only the 3 of us are even really playing right now, i dont think it hurts to actually vote for benmage. if a wagon starts forming and benmage comes up with some good reasons for his actions or points out someone else who is scummier, i will probably unvote. plenty of time to do so.

BUT...how does he know there are 2 mafia? i thought this game was open and therefore we don't actually know how many people are mafia?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by Benmage »

magisterrain wrote: BUT...how does he know there are 2 mafia? i thought this game was open and therefore we don't actually know how many people are mafia?
page one the first post..following some sort of f11 guideline..randomly selected one of 4 choices in which there were always 2 mafia members.. unless for some reason i misinterpreted the role of the roleblocker?? but it still said "mafia" roleblocker next to the name.
magisterrain
magisterrain
Goon
magisterrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by magisterrain »

oops, my bad. im playing in a couple other games where the setup is different and you don't know for sure how many mafia there are
Azhrei
Azhrei
Goon
Azhrei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Azhrei »

No problems there magis.

Benmage, what's made you seem so scared of being targeted?
"He was cooler than Samuel L. Jackson on dope" - Raccon

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”