Newbie 663 - GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Newbie 663 - GAME OVER!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 am

Post by cicero »

Newbie 663 Begins!

In the peaceful Sicilian village of Salem, a dark presence is about to make itself known. For years, the family based crime organization known as the Mafia has been establishing itself in the foundation of the community. Until now, the naive citizens have been unaware of the evil among them. Tonight, however, the Mafia makes its move. Tonight, someone will die, and until the Mafia has eliminated all opposition, the innocent will continue to die. Unless, of course, the Mafia is destroyed first...

Alive

pkandappan
Demonikuski

JohnnyAmp88
ReggieM2807
Plum

Site
ZazieR

LlamaFluff

Dead

Stinkycheese
Westbrook_Owns_U
- Mafia Goon lynched Day One

dubyatehfool
Metis
Thunder
- Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Two
Moonie Ishi-Ishi, Lover of Goats, Videocrazy
Meji Fan
- Doctor, killed night two

Afatchic
- Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Three

remussaidow
Grimmy
- Vanilla Townie, lynched Day Three

It is now Day Four! Deadline November 6th 11:59pm Central Standard Time
Last edited by cicero on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:26 am, edited 34 times in total.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:57 am

Post by cicero »

RULES

Game Rules use Mr. Stoofer rules as a base but are amended (and in some cases reversed!)

[01]
VOTING METHOD
: Votes must be in bold. example:
Vote: Cicero
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted. Please be attentive and
Unvote
, if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not required, but I’d appreciate it.

[02]
LYNCH
: Lynching will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, any attempts to unvote will be unheeded.

[03]
NO LYNCH
: You may vote: no lynch – unless it is deadline, majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.

[04]
DEADLINE:
This game will have mandatory non-retractable deadlines of, at most, 3 weeks. As the game whittles down its living membership deadlines may grow shorter.

[05]
DEADLINE LYNCH RULES:
As the At deadline, a person will be lynched if they have a majority of voters voting for them. That means you can be lynched with just one vote if only one person is voting. If no one has a majority of the votes cast, it is a no-lynch.

[06]
NIGHT CHOICES
: Night choices will be expected within 72 hours. If you do not inform me of a night choice I will make it for you and you will not like it.

[07]
LURKING AND NOT POSTING
: Lurking is not an acceptable strategy in this game. Anyone who goes more than 72 hours without posting, without advance warning, is likely to be replaced. (I don't count weekends for this purpose.) I will not be afraid to modkill if necessary. Mafia is a social contract. Everyone is expected to give information and comment to be analysed. If this is uncomfortable for you, consider taking up solitaire instead.

[08]
OUT OF THREAD COMMUNICATION
: The game is not to be discussed outside the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so – and then only in the manner stated in your role PM. Don’t quote any out-of-thread communications regarding this game in the thread.

[09]
BAH POSTS ARE ALLOWED
: Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. However, since I love Bah post you may absolutely make one "Bah" post. It should be short and should contain absolutely no game related opinion or information. Example: "Bah! Go Town!"

[10]
TOO CLEVER BY HALF RULE
: No small or hidden text or obscure codes. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.

[11]
VACATION? LIMITED ACCESS?
If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect
in this game thread.
Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

[12]
FALLIBILITY CLAUSE:
Unlike other mods I am fallible. Please point out any mistakes I make gently. In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, it is your responsibility to correct me -- otherwise your vote may be treated as it appears in the vote count.

[13]
QUESTIONS
: If you have any questions at all, please PM me or post the question in the thread.

[14]
FUN
: Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod. I have very low tolerance for abusive posts.

[15]
I've reserved this color for any purposes I might choose. Don't use it, please.
Last edited by cicero on Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:58 am

Post by cicero »

This game uses the F11 Newbie Setup. As such, the setup is one of the following, each with an equal chance:

-1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies
-1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Townies
-2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
-2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies

Role PMs:

Townie Role PM wrote:You are a townie. Your only weapon is your vote, so use it wisely!

You win when both mafiates are dead.

Please confirm that you have recieved your role by PMing me.

Thread is here: viewtopic.php?t=9120&start=0
Cop Role PM wrote:You are the Cop. Each Night, you may investigate one player by sending me their name. I will tell you their alignment. Your sanity is guaranteed, which means that your result is guaranteed to be correct.

Doctor Role PM wrote:You are the Doctor. Each Night, you may choose one player to protect and send me their name. That player will be protected from nightkills that Night. Additionally, you may not target yourself.

Mafia Roleblocker Role PM wrote:You are the Mafia Roleblocker. Your partner is _______ (Mafia Goon). The two of you may communicate at Night, but not during the Day. Each Night, you and your partner may converse and determine who you wish to kill, as well as who you will roleblock. If your partner dies, you may still roleblock and kill on the same night.

You win when all town-aligned players are dead, or nothing can prevent this.

Mafia Goon Role PM wrote:You are a Mafia Goon. Your partner is ________ (Mafia Goon/Roleblocker). The two of you may talk to one another at Night, but not during Day, and send me a choice as to who you wish to kill.

You win when all town-aligned players are dead, or nothing can prevent this.

cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:12 am

Post by cicero »

It is now Day One! It has begun!
Metis
Metis
Townie
Metis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Metis »

Woo, let's get this party started!

I
vote: LlamaFluff
because a llama once bit me.
[color=green][i]Tell all the Truth but tell it Slant-
Success in Circuit lies[/i][/color]
ReggieM2807
ReggieM2807
Townie
ReggieM2807
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:31 am

Post by ReggieM2807 »

Its about time
<^>*I Am That Nigga*<^>
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:12 am

Post by remussaidow »

vote: reggie

only scum post inpatience day one!

(note, this is really a random vote.)
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
Moonie
Moonie
Townie
Moonie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Moonie »

Whoooa, hey everyone!

Vote: Stinkycheese
, because stinky cheese stink as scum!

(talk about random votes lol!)
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by afatchic »

i
VOTE: LlamaFluff
i don't really like llamas
Show
Now taking sign ups:
The Fast and the Furious Mafia (Mini Theme)(11 spots left)

Upcoming Games:
The Bible Experience Mafia (Mini Theme)

Crazy Cops Mafia (Open Game)

Pre-In's are welcome for any of them.
Site
Site
Townie
Site
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Site »

pkandappan

'Cause I'm having a hard time pronouncing his name.
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by remussaidow »

I think you left out the
vote
part of that site.
Now, life is civilized. Once there was a city, barbaric in its ways. Yet, they were an empire. But even before that, they were two brothers. They fought. Remus said ow, and it all began.
ReggieM2807
ReggieM2807
Townie
ReggieM2807
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:39 am

Post by ReggieM2807 »

vote: LlamaFluff

(Random)
<^>*I Am That Nigga*<^>
Site
Site
Townie
Site
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:50 am

Post by Site »

vote:pkandappan

sorry about that
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:10 am

Post by remussaidow »

WHOA.
random votings all good and well, but this is gonna be the fastest I've come out of it, not everyone has posted yet.

Reggie, my vote on you just turned from random to a serious decision. random votes on people are the way the game starts, and random bandwagons start real discussions, but this is a little on the quick side. Post 11 and Llama already has 3 votes on him. 2/3 of the player list have posted, and he's already lynch minus two. Let everyone check in and settle down a little before you go off bandwagoning randomly. at least so you know the two scum are both in the game and aren't gonna pop up out of no where and lynch a townie before enough discussion happens for it to matter.
Metis
Metis
Townie
Metis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Metis »

Hmmm..... I'm gonna
unvote: Llama
at this juncture. Having three votes on someone who isn't even around to respond yet leaves me feeling decidedly uncomfortable.

I know Reggie and I joined the same day, so I'm willing to lean towards newb-ish behavior at this moment. I will say that I agree with the advice Remus gave to slow down a bit.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:46 am

Post by cicero »

Hiya.

Two players havent posted yet. I've dropped them a prod and will snatch up replacements tomorrow if they don't answer by then.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:57 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Sorry for a delay in posting, was out of town starting the day the game finally unlocked. Lucky me.

Given randoms, I really think that people are overreacting. Something about my username draws randoms quite a bit (whats with the llama hate, really?) but I think that remus is pushing a little hard on a third random. That still was L-2, which deserves a mention, just not that much of a response.

Metis backup unvote is wierd. The main reason seems to be that people havent checked in yet. I dont see how this could be an issue, as it sounds like if I had random voted, she wouldnt care about me being at L-2. Next she takes an anti-reggie stance, passing it off as newb behavior, but doesnt vote. Reggie only has one vote at this point, so adding a second one on something that is percieved as scummy or newbish, really shouldnt of been an issue. Why excuse Reggies move as newb error? Why are you unwilling to vote Reggie when he reads scummiest to you?

One last thing, I am an IC in this game with remussadiow. This means we have experiance on this site so feel free to ask us any questions about terms that we are using that you might not understand. That is what we are here for.

Concluding my thoughts though:
vote Metis
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Metis
Metis
Townie
Metis
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Post by Metis »

(kind of a side note) Thanks for the offer, I have no doubt I'll take you guys up on it sooner or later. I have played Mafia in meat space before, but never online.

Meh- I unvoted 'cause it seemed prudent enough of a move. I didn't know when I'd get back online, and didn't want to come back and find myself the unwitting leader of a bandwagon from a random vote. I picked Llama to get conversation started, nothing more, nothing less. And it served it's purpose, so...
Why are you unwilling to vote Reggie when he reads scummiest to you?
Is this directed at me? I didn't vote for Reggie because he doesn't read scummy to me yet. Genuine question- where does it come off like I do?

Anyway, I got what Remus was saying, but I saw another possibility other than scum- that he's simply new to the game. I'm not able to get a read of Reggie (or anyone) yet- he's had two posts with about 5 words in each. I'd like to decide my real vote based off of posts of more substance.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by cicero »

YOUR VERY FIRST VOTE COUNT!

(sniff... they grow up so fast!) [/color]

llamafluff [2] (afatchic, reggie M2807)
Reggie [1] (Remussaidow)
Stinkycheese [1] (Moonie)
pkandappan [1] (Site)
Metis [1] (Llamafluff)

Not Voting:
Metis, Stinkycheese, pkandappan
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by afatchic »

my opinion is that i don't believe that either regiie or metis are mafia. i could be completely wrong but my guess is that the people they replaced never joined our game because they saw they were towns people and didn't want to when they can join another game and have a shot at being something. i could be completely wrong and they may not have checked there account in time, but since the mod gave them like at least 4 days i don't remember if it was more though, i'm thinking it was my first reason. and since i know what i am, that give me and 2 for 6 or 1 out of 3 shot at guessing a mafia, which is why i vote llama.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by remussaidow »

afatchic, I'm sure what you're saying, but I think you're understanding that people who replace into a game know their roles already. But they don't, they can't. It breaks the game apart.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by afatchic »

what you mean? i thought they just got the role of the person they are replacing. if so the person that they are replacing would have known what there role was before they would have Pm'ed back saying they were ready.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Metis wrote:Is this directed at me? I didn't vote for Reggie because he doesn't read scummy to me yet. Genuine question- where does it come off like I do?
In this quote
Metis wrote:I know Reggie and I joined the same day, so I'm willing to lean towards newb-ish behavior at this moment.
There is no reason to need to excuse pro-town behavior as newbish, unless of course you are scum trying to leave a lynch open later. That only leaves anti-town. Basically the way you said that sure doesnt sound like you were talking about Reggie in a pro-town manner.

Also dont be too fast to excuse things as newb mistakes. While they can be, both town and scum can be new, the problem is telling the difference between the two players, which can be very difficult to do.
afatchic wrote:my opinion is that i don't believe that either regiie or metis are mafia. i could be completely wrong but my guess is that the people they replaced never joined our game because they saw they were towns people and didn't want to when they can join another game and have a shot at being something.
This is a major logical flaw. Never assume anything about a role because someone replaced before a game started. Some people, me included, dont like being power roles or mafia. In fact my favorite role is vanilla town. So bringing up defense of two players given that they got replaced really isnt a sound argument. In one of my early games that I replaced into, I was mafia. You should have all players on a level field, and when someone replaces, just change the name of the player in your notes/mind.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
remussaidow
remussaidow
Goon
remussaidow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:46 pm

Post by remussaidow »

This is a major logical flaw. Never assume anything about a role because someone replaced before a game started. Some people, me included, dont like being power roles or mafia. In fact my favorite role is vanilla town. So bringing up defense of two players given that they got replaced really isnt a sound argument. In one of my early games that I replaced into, I was mafia. You should have all players on a level field, and when someone replaces, just change the name of the player in your notes/mind.
That's a much simpler form of what I was going for.
afatchic
afatchic
Mafia Scum
afatchic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by afatchic »

ok thanks for the explanation.
Show
Now taking sign ups:

Upcoming Games:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”