Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:03 pm

Post by Astronaut »

Astronaut wrote:d_rouge/Akonas: We've probably got two Middle Eastern and one European barbarian tribe left. I'm in no doubt Yos
is
and Akonas are
scum, but do we know for sure
he's
they're
European scum? I think we should think this through before lynching. There might be other results out there as well.

Claim, Tyfo?
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:37 pm

Post by Akonas »

Umm...so I reread a bit. Let's review the investigations we had yesterday:

Astronaut: d8p=innocent
d8p: Yosarian and Lord Rahl = scum

It seems that since d8p is both cleared as sane and pro-town, we
know
that Yos is either scum or space race. Now, Yos would have had to have gone into the space race N4. For that to happen, based on this link, he would have had to have teched to Medieval, then Industrial, then Modern, and then entered the Space Race. That makes sense, and since I can't find any evidence otherwise, his claim seems to check out. I figure we might as well believe him then, as if town had some paranoid/insane investigations, the game would be unbalanced.

Also,
Mod:
can we get a prod on Tyfo?
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:07 am

Post by Astronaut »

Wow, Akonas, you're pretty keen on that space race thing. Have you forgotten that in the very same post, Yos also claimed to be Tha Flying Pumpkin?

I'm tired of waiting. I want to end this game, and I want us to win. I investigated Tyfo last night, he's scum. I also investigated inHim(since I didn't trust Akonas' earlier result), he's clean.
My notes read as follows:
inHim is innocent(investigated by me)
Yos is guilty(investigated by d8p)
Tyfo is guilty(investigated by me)

Which leaves d_rouge and Akonas. I earlier had d_rouge as confirmed innocent since he gave us Mr. Flay, now that we know there are two scum groups, there's a possibility that d_rouge is Middle-Eastern scum. Akonas' play today, however... It's almost too obvious to say that he's Yosarian2's partner, but it really doesn't make sense if he's pro-town either.

I'm thinking that whether it's d_rouge or Akonas that is our last scum, they're both likely to be Yosarian's partner. The fact that we had only one kill last night, leaving the possibility that Tyfo could've missed his nightchoice further increases this possibility. That's why I'd like to lynch Tyfo today, I think he's the last European scum. Anyone studied voting patterns?
[size=84][i]Have you been peckish during the night? Only, someone's been at me cheese.[/size][/i]
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:43 am

Post by d_rouge »

Well, since it's pretty much agreed on that we have two middle-east and one europe scum remaining, I'm quite convinced that the 3 scum are Yos, Akonas and Tyfo.

That said, I'm not really sure which scum group each of them belongs. It's maybe a bit too easy to say that Akonas and Yos are the Middle East Scum and Tyfo the European. Akonas' behaviour of today lends itself to all sorts of WIFOM arguments.

I'm not even sure that killing off the last European is the way to go, it depends on Inhim units' success percentage. That is, if no vigging or protecting is successful, killing the last Euro scum hands the game to the Middle East scum tomorrow. I would like to hear from Inhim about that.
World Champions!!!
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:08 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Astronaut... you are the civ! :D

We don't even need Tyfo, now. d_rouge is scummity scum scummy scum scum.
I
am Gilgamesh of the Sumerians, and now that I'm pretty confident we have all of our scum accounted for, I think we have this in the bag.

I'm maxed out on technology. I have two 100% roleblockers, and one 100% cop unit. :)

My only cop result was unfortunately on d8P last Night. I built a Radar unit or whatever the first Night I had modern technology, on the off-chance we might have two outed scum and I could start blocking. I have since built another Radar thingy.

I'm pretty certain Yos is our single scum left - I blocked him last Night, and we only had one kill.

I think we should lynch a player I'm pretty sure our Middle Eastern scum is, and that would be d_rouge. That way, if there
is
some deception going on, we can't be endgamed by a pair of scum.

Ok then.

vote: d_rouge
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:09 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Also, if anyone has some doc units, I'd really appreciate the help. :)
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:34 am

Post by d_rouge »

You're a lying scum.

That changes things quite a lot. I thought I had everything figured out, turns out I was wrong, since Inhim is obviously scum.

I don't understand why Astro has an innocent result on you, and that makes me not so sure about Astro. But then again, Puzzle had an innocent result on Yosarian, so Astro could be town even in this case.

I really have to think this through.

Oh, just to hear some stories... what did you block? Yosarian's cities or units?
World Champions!!!
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:22 am

Post by Astronaut »

Now there's a twist I didn't see coming. I was quite confident Akonas was the last scum, but now we know for sure that inHim or d_rouge is lying. As before, I've got no reason not to trust my innocent result on inHim.

Now if d_rouge is scum, he's likely to be Middle Eastern, since he gave us Mr. Flay. Then again, this would imply that scum build investigative units, and why would they do that? Is it possible that d_rouge and his European scum buddies may have played a gambit?

inHim, if you've got two 100% blockers, why not lynch one of the confirmed scum?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

InHim: are you claiming you targeted my units, or my cities, with your roleblocking unit?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:40 pm

Post by Akonas »

Well, we have six people alive. I think that what we should do is lynch one of the Middle Eastern scum today, and not vig anyone tonight, so that the scum are put into a Prisoners' Dillema. Otherwise, we're putting too much faith into units that won't work for sure. If we have vigs tonight, we'll end up with two few people, and if we lynch so that one of the scum groups is gone, we are left with 2 town vs. 2 scum.
FoS: everyone who's advocating getting rid of the European Barbarians

Now that that's said, on to InHim. I don't think it's likely that we get 100% effective units when we're completely upgraded; that would make those who had teched far more usegul. Also, what good would the unique Modern Era units? I'm pretty sure InHim is scum.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:19 pm

Post by Astronaut »

:|
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Astronaut wrote:Wow, Akonas, you're pretty keen on that space race thing. Have you forgotten that in the very same post, Yos also claimed to be Tha Flying Pumpkin?
Actually, I had a very specific reason for saying that; once I get one thing clarified from the mod, I'll explain.
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:47 am

Post by Thesp »

Tyfo is in the process of being replaced. More on that as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience with me. ;)
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:12 am

Post by Thesp »

Kelly Chen replaces Tyfo, effective immediately.

Thanks!
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:25 am

Post by d_rouge »

Ok, the first thing we need is a full claim from Kelly Chen.

Right now the only thing I'm 100% positive about is Inhim being scum.
I think Inhim is from the middle east scum group, and that counterclaiming me is part of a strategy with his partner. I don't think he would do such a thing if he were alone.

I'm running several scenarios in my head about all the others.
One possibility is Astro being scum with him, that would explain his claimed innocent result on Inhim, but not his guilty result on Vismaior.
If this is the case, we couldn't even trust the guilty result on Tyfo/Kelly Chen.

In any case, there seems to be something strange going on with the cop results, at this point I'm starting to have a slight doubt even on my guilty result on Yosarian, although I'm confident he is scum from what he wrote today.

So, given that Inhim is lying, there seems to be no 100% doc or vig unit out there, so killing off the euro scum is definitely not the play for today.
I think Inhim is middle east, so I would happily go with him.
World Champions!!!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Sorry for the delay. I'm still wading through this.

I'm Wang Kon of the Koreans. We're Medieval. I have a Horseman at 0/0/2 and a Spearman at 0/2/0. I don't know what swinkee did, but maybe not much. Tyfo built a Spearman and investigated Astronaut. The next night (night before last I believe) he didn't build. He investigated Akonas and protected Thok, and we went into the next age.
Astronaut
Astronaut
Goon
Astronaut
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:17 pm

Post by Astronaut »

What units are you able to build now, Kelly Chen? And what's your unique unit?
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:34 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

I haven't been told specifically, but the advancement follows a set schedule I'm pretty sure. My unique unit is a Hwacha cannon (2/0/0 plus 4 to bombard).

It's only today that you're saying you investigated me as scum, I think. If we're at lynch or lose, this would be a convenient time to claim that. I'm not sure if you got confirmed innocent by someone else, but I have my eye on you in any case.
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

Ok, I don't think Astronaut is scum. Sorry about that.

Between inHim and d_rouge I'm at a loss. They both seem rather protown to me. I wonder if inHim is bluffing about his capabilities so that he can get through to tomorrow.

I think Akonas has been winging it the whole game, though.

Vote: Akonas
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:29 pm

Post by Akonas »

What do you mean, I've been winging it the whole game? Why are you so fast to vote me-
when we're in lynch-or-lose?!?!??

And like I said, InHim is almost certainly lying. I haven't seen increases nearly great enough to be able to even approach InHim's supposed powers.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:58 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Since it seems like nobody is going to say something meaningful,
vote: Inhim
, for reasons already stated.

I could picture myself voting for Yosarian, also.
Speaking of which
Yosarian2 wrote:
Astronaut wrote:Wow, Akonas, you're pretty keen on that space race thing. Have you forgotten that in the very same post, Yos also claimed to be Tha Flying Pumpkin?
Actually, I had a very specific reason for saying that; once I get one thing clarified from the mod, I'll explain.
Still waiting for the explanation... :roll: :roll:
World Champions!!!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:15 pm

Post by Kelly Chen »

Akonas, nobody was saying anything, so I figured what the hell. Is inHim the vote then? It looks like half of us think he's lying.

Wait for Yosarian to answer, I guess...

Unvote
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

d_rouge wrote:
Still waiting for the explanation... :roll: :roll:
Sure.

The reason that I claimed why I did is because, while I am a neutral, I probably wouldn't believe that if I were you right now. However, the interesting thing is, it doesn't matter if you believe me or not.

I checked with the mod, and if the day ends in a 3 votes to 3 votes stalemate, the day ends in a no-lynch. That means that as far as the town is concerned, at least for the purposes of today, it doens't matter if I'm a neutral, if I'm the last European barbarian, or if I'm the flying pumpkin. Either way, there must be a scum group of at least 2 people left, and there might be one European barbarian left as well.

Either way, the town needs my vote in order to have any chance at lynching today. Otherwise, we will end up in a no-lynch, which would probably mean a town loss.
d_rouge
d_rouge
Goon
d_rouge
Goon
Goon

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:47 pm

Post by d_rouge »

Yosarian2 wrote: Either way, the town needs my vote in order to have any chance at lynching today. Otherwise, we will end up in a no-lynch, which would probably mean a town loss.
This is false.

If you're part of the 2-person scum group (which is quite possible), assuming you and your partner are not going to vote for each other, we still have 4 votes to lynch one of you two.

Hmmmm, almost ready to change my vote.
World Champions!!!
Kelly Chen
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Kelly Chen
Open-Minded
Open-Minded

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:47 am

Post by Kelly Chen »

d_rouge, if there are three scum, will they want to vote each other out? If not, there could be a stalemate. The two-man mafia could say, "Raise your hand if you're the other mafia," and we'd be deadlocked right there.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”