Newbie 436 - Killings in Kerplunkville - GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:03 am

Post by MeMe »

Vote Count

cicero (Elias_the_thief, Quinnster, Andycyca, pwayne66)

Andycyca (Mr. Flay)

not voting (2): cicero, Rime Ice Fury

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say goodbye to
cicero
the
townie
& good night to everyone else.

Choices are due at
9:15 a.m. Sunday, September 2
(about 72 hours from now). Send them to me, not Kerplunk.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Everyone mourn for
Rime Ice Fury
Townie

Now stop your sniveling and avenge him! It's now day two; five alive means three to lynch.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:12 am

Post by Quinnster »

Well this puts me in a predicament, I was suspecting Flay/Cicero or Flay/Rime. Huh. Of course, nobody vote until you're absolutely sure.
Little triggers, how do you do?
I've been waiting, waiting for you.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:34 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Okay, I am back.

Thank you sooo much for moderating MeMe!
Andycyca
Andycyca
Gets To Kill All Spammers
Andycyca

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Andycyca »

This throws Elias' suspicions completely... Now it's time to review the cases against Cicero and RIF and vote in consequence, but it will take us some time...
Planning: Katamari Damacy Mafia - Less than 50% done!

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:29 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Give me some time to look over what has happened already.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:13 am

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Andycyca wrote:This throws Elias' suspicions completely... Now it's time to review the cases against Cicero and RIF and vote in consequence, but it will take us some time...
Actually it shows that I was partially right. I said that if Cicero were town, I was certain that RIF was town. I was right about that. That being said,

NO ONE VOTE UNLESS YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SURE! MAKE SURE WE HAVE TIME TO DISCUSS BEFORE VOTING SINCE SCUM CAN PILE ON TO QUICKLYNCH AND WIN.
I play the games rul gud.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:21 pm

Post by cicero »

My bah post:

Told ya I was town. Neener neener neener. :)

Go TOWN!
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:44 am

Post by pwayne66 »

So, what have we learned.

1) RIF is not scum as Elias had predicted.
2) Does Flay cease to be suspicious in light of Cicero's innocence?
3) andy? Not sure where to place him in the hierarchy
4) Elias? my spidey-sence tingles a bit in his presence but I have nothing in the way of evidence
5) Quinn? If he is scum then he is damn good.

How do we feel about the Cicero's bandwagon.? I believe that there is some truth to the theory about at least one (if not both) scum being on a town lynching D1. That's Elias_the_thief, Quinnster, Andycyca, and me.

Is Flay's abstainence from this vote still significant? These are the things that I would like to discuss.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I'm back in town. Haven't read up fully, but will do so tonight or tomorrow.

Right now I'm inclined toward pwayne, based on arguments already articulated yesterday. The fact that he wants to argue both for one scum being on the lynch and my abstinence being significant is ... well, significant. But obviously, no vote yet.

Best angle of attack on this will be to figure out why RIF died, I'm thinking.
Retired as of October 2014.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:59 am

I'm not sure I understand why RIF died either. I thought that I was the only one of the opinion that Cicero's innocence cleared RIF, so it seems odd that RIF would get NKed.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:09 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Reasons for voting me off were already articulated? Is this kind of like your phantom defense of Cicero or my phantom defense of you that occurred earlier?

If not, as near as I can tell, you argued for me being the fourth most likely scum (behind RIF, Cicero, and Andy). Why have I elevated in status above Andy?

As far as arguing for both sides of the cicero lynch/guilt debate, I was arguing nothing, only saying where my head is at this point and asking for input.

Oh and for the record, significant does not mean scummy... unless you have a guilty conscience...
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:58 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I am hesitant to try to look too much into the NK. A whole flurry of assumptions could be made based on WIFOM premises. Being that the mafia are the only ones that know which glass of wine is poisoned, I just as soon not play. :wink:

The way I see it, the NK only tells us one thing, RIF was a townie.
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:05 am

Post by Andycyca »

Posting on the fly...

Could it be that RIF was NK'ed for his analysis? It has been said that I'm not one of the top analysts here, and maybe scum saw RIF as potentially dangerous...

BTRAF 6 coming to a Mafia Forum near you. Now with 50% less chlorine! Bring your tin foil hat
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:42 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Inexperienced scum will tend to NK the person that is closest to figuring them out. Experienced scum may NK someone to frame another player for the above strategy. Looking back over RIF's posts & analysis, his attention was all over the place, but most strenuously on Elias. And Elias_the_thief is the player who thought he had "broken the game" by naming cicero & RIF as the scum. Now both are dead, so where does that leave us? Not sure, but it seems to point toward Elias-scum to me.
Quinnster
Quinnster
Goon
Quinnster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:57 am

Post by Quinnster »

These deaths have really overwhelmed me in the sense that I was positive that one of them would be scum. Now, Flay is still on my radar screen because he's made so many scummy plays, but I was really pairing him up with on of those other two, and besides them, I don't really see him co-operating with anyone in any fashion.

Andycyca
pwayne66
elias_the_thief

One or more of you are scum. And you know what? You're doing a damn good job at it. I mean, for all I know, Flay could be as town as Lassie, but I'm forced at this point to keep him on my radar for lack of a better suspect.
Little triggers, how do you do?
I've been waiting, waiting for you.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:21 am

I can assure you of my own innocence, but I am at a lack for the others...I'm pretty sure Quin is protown, so in my opinion one of {flay, pwayne, andycyca} is scum. I'll have to spend some time pinning it down though. As long as no one votes, we have all the time in the world.

Flay mentions how NKs can be used to frame certain players...yet he says that the NK seems to logically point to me. This is WIFOM as hell.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:56 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Elias_the_thief wrote:Flay mentions how NKs can be used to frame certain players...yet he says that the NK seems to logically point to me. This is WIFOM as hell.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it. WIFOM is one of the biggest tools in the scum's bag of tricks, but it doesn't mean we can just throw
all
logic and deduction out of the window.

While we're making lists, I think I like Elias, pwayne, Andy, and Quinn for scum, in that order. But I may be biased in that pwayne and i got into one hell of an snark-fest at the end of D1... :roll:
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Andycyca »

Again, posting on the fly (sorry, a lot of work this week)

My suspects, in decreasing order:

1. Elias
2. Flay
3. Pwayne
4. Quinn

I'm on a hurry now, but if you want it, I can give you the reasons later ok?
[ Offtopic ]
BTW happy birthday Pwayne![ /offtopic]

Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:02 pm

Mr. Flay wrote:
Elias_the_thief wrote:Flay mentions how NKs can be used to frame certain players...yet he says that the NK seems to logically point to me. This is WIFOM as hell.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention it. WIFOM is one of the biggest tools in the scum's bag of tricks, but it doesn't mean we can just throw
all
Huh? I said we should throw wifom logic in particular out the window, not all logic and deduction. Your point was entirely WIFOM because its a matter of thinking the mafia is doing this or that.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:46 pm

Post by pwayne66 »

thanks andy.

1. flay
2. andy
3. elias
4. quinn

flay, I have stated why. andy's first two post of day two seem a bit contrived (may be the language thing) first post seems to set himself up to lurk. second post speculates on the NK (I know, weak tell...) and it handsomely sets up Flay's speculation about Elias (my hat is officially in the ring in the scumpair theory race...).

Elias I have stated as well. Flay's theory doesn't hold for me, but if not for andy's day 2 posts, Elias would be my #2 suspect just on gut.

I will try to piece together a more solid andy/flay connection when I am more sober (hey...it's my birthday...)
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:38 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
all
Huh? I said we should throw wifom logic in particular out the window, not all logic and deduction. Your point was entirely WIFOM because its a matter of thinking the mafia is doing this or that.
I don't think I said that clearly. By "remiss if I didn't mention
it
", I was referring to the WIFOM logic of framing someone via nightkill. It's still less likely than a straightforward "we killed this guy because we thought he was a power role/was off the townie lynch", but it does happen (at least when I'm playing :twisted:).

More later, I've got a newsletter to produce by noon today.
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:01 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Vote Count

not voting (5): Andycyca, Elias, Mr. Flay, pwayne66, Quinnster

5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Andycyca
Andycyca
Andycyca

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:37 pm

Post by Andycyca »

Yay! weekend!

OK, let's see:

@pwayne: In my first post I suggested to track EVERYONE'S reasons for lynching cicero and/or RIF (my suggestion is to track Elias end Pwayne's first). Now that we know they're both townies, we can see which feelings were right, which ones wrong and so on. I posted that as my suggestion on what we could do now, instead of discussing another 12 pages.

Set myself to lurk? I don't want to be a lurker, every few days I post even when I'm loaded with work.
--------------------------------
Curious thing to notice: everyone of us has Quinn at the bottom of the scumlists. That means he's the best damn scum actor or is townie. However this seems to reduce everyone's analysis to 3 people (Elias, Flay and Pwayne in my case) I have only gut feelings yet, based on yesterday Flay's evasive posts and (weak tell) on how Elias thought he had figured down the game. I haven't discarded Pwayne yet, but I still don't have anything against.

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:00 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I didn't mean to suggest that you were lurking, b/c you are not. I only meant to say that when I see posts that say "I'm going to have to reread" or "This could take a while to sort out" I know it COULD be a play to justify an absence.

As far as the nightkill comments go, this is why I feel we can't trust them. I am highly suspicious of anybody that tries to use them in their case. We know that the mafia killed RIF for some reason. For all we know it was to make Elias look like he was mafia. It could be that RIF was reluctant to lynch, not a quality that the mafia wants from a day two townie.

My statement is just about a how nearly perfect your post and Flay's post coincided. Flay posts "Figuring out why RIF was killed is the best avenue" then you post "hey, maybe it was because of who he suspected in the game" and the Flay says "Hm, good point, lets see...he was kind of suspicious of Elias... you don't think Elias is scum do you?" and you say "hey! he is my number 1 suspect!" Of course this is a not proof and it could be a coincidence, but if there is a real case against Elias, I want to hear it. If your case is only this NK theory, I am going to continue to be suspicious.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”