LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:08 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Sarcastro, Mafia Goon, has been deadline lynched.

NIGHT! Sun rises in 5 days from this post. 8/27 @ 4pm EST
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

AutumnEvenings, Townie, has been chainsawed.

13 alive, 7 to lynch.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:39 am

Post by Guardian »

Sweet, mafia no-killed, or, much more likely imo, we had a successful doc protection :D.

If MrBuddyLee (my protection) wasn't NK targeted, I bet there is some other doc out there who protected me and that's why I live -- after me placing the lynching vote on scum at the end of the day yesterday, maybe the scum realized that it finally was no longer feasible to continue trying to lynch a claimed doctor.

I mourn AE's death :(. I hope she isn't really leaving the site!

After the lynch scene yesterday, I had a moment of clarity(?) where I thought Shteven and HackerHuck both made a lot of sense as the final two scum.

Shteven, in addition to everything else, seemed very eager to lead what was looking to be an unsuccessful Sarcastro wagon.

Hackerhuck's "ambivalence" as to who would be lynched did nothing to improve my opinion of him, too.

I felt really good about this during the night, but there are so many other good candidates that I'm not that sure about it :P.

vote: Shteven
-- we'll see where this goes.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:58 am

Post by Glork »

I find it reasonable to believe either scenario. Regardless of who was successfully protected, I find it highly unlikely that MBL is a member of the Mafia.

I was reviewing people not on the Sarc wagon, and HH fit the profile of somebody I'd like to look at. Yos2 and Billy did, too. Surprisingly, I don't think Shteven is a member of the Mafia right now. Given how devastating losing a second member by the end of D2 would be, I believe that both other Mafiates were off of the Sarcastro-lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Jack »

hmm with the vote so close and there being so little case on sarcastro I can't see why scum would vote him over yb. Unless they though they could clear themselves by lynching him. So maybe it's not so clear, I'd have to look at it on an individual basis.

glork, if yos2 was scum why wouldn't he have voted yb?
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:51 am

Post by Glork »

Because Yos2 is smarter than that. He was on ABR rather than YB on Day One (incidentally,
Mod
, today is Day THREE, not Day FOUR), and the whole "I saved Sarc by effectively hammering YB" thing makes it kinda way obvious. Sarc wasn't going to survive much longer, and when he died, Yos would have been absolutely
grilled
on his decision to change the outcome of the lynch.

That and/or Yos never made it on before he got a chance to drop the hammah on YB.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:18 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Glork wrote:I was reviewing people not on the Sarc wagon, and HH fit the profile of somebody I'd like to look at. Yos2 and Billy did, too. Surprisingly, I don't think Shteven is a member of the Mafia right now. Given how devastating losing a second member by the end of D2 would be, I believe that both other Mafiates were off of the Sarcastro-lynch.
Either that or they were early on the Sarc wagon and bailing out would look suspicious. I will agree with you here and consider YB more than likely town at this point. I'll also cut Glork some slack for the time being. That leaves me TCS as my prime suspect, but I'd like to glance over D1 a little bit before I vote.

I am a little surprised at the wagon on Sarcastro. There honestly wasn't a
strong
case in my eyes - the metagame and not hunting scum were what I saw. Most of the people who hopped on didn't have too much to add when joining the wagon. I had Sacastro below YB, because he seems to lurk and throw out those accusations in all the games I've been in with him.
The Ghost of Sarc
The Ghost of Sarc
Townie
The Ghost of Sarc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:27 pm

Post by The Ghost of Sarc »

Oh, how I'd love to comment on wagon on me. It will have to wait for the game's end, I suppose. For now, I am content to know that my streak of only ever having been lynched when I'm not around to defend myself has been maintained.
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:04 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Guardian wrote:Sweet, mafia no-killed, or, much more likely imo, we had a successful doc protection :D.

If MrBuddyLee (my protection) wasn't NK targeted, I bet there is some other doc out there who protected me and that's why I live -- after me placing the lynching vote on scum at the end of the day yesterday, maybe the scum realized that it finally was no longer feasible to continue trying to lynch a claimed doctor.
It does look like there is another doctor because I don't think that MBL was really a mafia target. I honestly think that you just say you doc proctected MBL just to stay in the role. You knew that he wasn't gonna get killed by mafia. And a quick vote on shteven was a little premature considering he was the main person who started the Sarcastro wagon.
Show
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B. Yeats
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:27 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

I think now's the time to
vote:BillyTwilight
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:48 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Glork wrote:I find it reasonable to believe either scenario. Regardless of who was successfully protected, I find it highly unlikely that MBL is a member of the Mafia.

I was reviewing people not on the Sarc wagon, and HH fit the profile of somebody I'd like to look at. Yos2 and Billy did, too. Surprisingly, I don't think Shteven is a member of the Mafia right now. Given how devastating losing a second member by the end of D2 would be, I believe that both other Mafiates were off of the Sarcastro-lynch.
Well let's see where we're going with this...

6 votes for Yogurt Bandit (HackerHuck, ManaSpryte, InHim, BillyTwilight, Jack, TCS)

Almost all of the listed were under some sort of fire in D2 including myself. Even though Jack hasn't had much against him, I feel as if he's flying under the radar and feel like he's someone to look into a little more deeply. HH has been lurking a lot also, but I feel as more people notice him then Jack. Inhim flip-flops more then John Kerry. He jumps on any bandwagon when available. TCS gets really emotional with his game. I don't know if its a tell or not, this isn't poker :) Billy I'm not really sure about. He's very low key and maybe runs a little too much under the radar . What does everyone else think?
Show

W.B. Yeats
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Jack »

ManaSpryte wrote:
Guardian wrote:Sweet, mafia no-killed, or, much more likely imo, we had a successful doc protection :D.

It does look like there is another doctor because I don't think that MBL was really a mafia target. I honestly think that you just say you doc proctected MBL just to stay in the role. You knew that he wasn't gonna get killed by mafia. And a quick vote on shteven was a little premature considering he was the main person who started the Sarcastro wagon.
vote:manaspryte

This post is really weird. You have in the past expressed willingness to lynch guardian, and the tone of this post is the same. Yet you claim there is
"another"
doctor. And why would guardian pick mbl because he knew that "he wasn't going to get killed by mafia" when it's obvious that mbl wasn't killed last night?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Jack »

ManaSpryte wrote:
Glork wrote:I find it reasonable to believe either scenario. Regardless of who was successfully protected, I find it highly unlikely that MBL is a member of the Mafia.

6 votes for Yogurt Bandit (HackerHuck, ManaSpryte, InHim, BillyTwilight, Jack, TCS)

Almost all of the listed were under some sort of fire in D2 including myself. Even though Jack hasn't had much against him, I feel as if he's flying under the radar and feel like he's someone to look into a little more deeply. HH has been lurking a lot also, but I feel as more people notice him then Jack. Inhim flip-flops more then John Kerry. He jumps on any bandwagon when available. TCS gets really emotional with his game. I don't know if its a tell or not, this isn't poker :) Billy I'm not really sure about. He's very low key and maybe runs a little too much under the radar . What does everyone else think?
translation "if we are going to lynch someone on yogurts wagon let it be anyone but me?"
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1950 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:17 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Good call on Sarcastro. That came out of nowhere, but I'm not complaining about the results. ;)

*grumblegrumble* I
guess
Guardian could be the Doctor, much as it pains me to say it. I'm not going to believe it until I see it - I still don't feel great about his little spiel right before the lynch happened.

And Glork's comment about "losing 2 scum so early is devastating" reads scummy to me. But, it's Day 4, and time for the blinders to come off - I'll have a more level-headed opinion of things when I post again.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:30 am

Post by Jack »

Guardian hammered sarcastro when he didn't have to.
ManaSpryte
ManaSpryte
Townie
ManaSpryte
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:32 am

Post by ManaSpryte »

Jack wrote:
ManaSpryte wrote:

translation "if we are going to lynch someone on yogurts wagon let it be anyone but me?"
Would you rather me say "Man, We should really lynch Mana"? That makes sense. :)
Show

W.B. Yeats
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:43 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Jack wrote:Guardian hammered sarcastro when he didn't have to.
Yeah, I know. That's why I'm more open to him being a doc.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:44 am

Post by Jack »

ManaSpryte wrote:
Jack wrote:
ManaSpryte wrote:

Would you rather me say "Man, We should really lynch Mana"? That makes sense. :)
Which of those people you mentioned do you suspect the most and why?
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:04 am

Post by Guardian »

I want to start this off with my thoughts after new info has come in:
And by the way -- "average scumminess or lower" is what i use so I'm not flat out telling the mafia who I'm going to protect at night. Last night AutumnEvenings was my second choice; even though I wasn't terribly sure of her alignment, I thought she might be NKed...

1. Shteven - could definitely be teamscum with MoS and Sarc. "Accidentally" led the Sarc wagon, iirc -- he was thanking people for Sarc votes when there were only 4 votes on it looked like Sarc def wouldn't be lynched. My main target.
2. MrBuddyLee (MBL) - average scumminess or lower
5. The Central Scrutinizer (TCS) - ??? Not sure on him. He needs to explain yesterday's vote and today's vote.
6. Coron 6. inHimshallIbe - very misguided. very possibly teamscum.
8. HackerHuck - could definitely be teamscum
9. BattleMage - ??? lurker. average scumminess or lower.
11. Guardian - doctor, pro-town
12. Glork - probably not teamscum, but could be an SK.
15. Billy Twilight - terribly unsure about him. average scumminess or lower.
16. Jack - average scumminess or lower.
17. Yogurt Bandit - Not teamscum. Could be an SK,
18. Nik Zero 18. Yosarian2 - little content. needs to be watched very closely.
19. Johhan 19. Xyzzy 19.ManaSpryte - Not teamscum. Could
definitely
be an SK. The kill choices make sense, too.

Teamscum?:
Shteven
HackerHuck
inHim
---
SK?:
ManaSpryte
YogurtBandit
Glork
---
Lurk Less/Explain Recent Actions?:
BM
Yosarian2
TCS

Some responses next post...
Do not lynch me.
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:14 am

Post by Guardian »

Glork wrote:Surprisingly, I don't think Shteven is a member of the Mafia right now. Given how devastating losing a second member by the end of D2 would be, I believe that both other Mafiates were off of the Sarcastro-lynch.
Look at how Shteven wagoned Sarcastro. He seemed all too fake about it, and it didn't look like Sarcastro was a viable lynch candidate until three late votes came.
Glork wrote:Sarc wasn't going to survive much longer, and when he died, Yos would have been absolutely
grilled
on his decision to change the outcome of the lynch.
I take great issue with this.

There was little to no case on Sarcastro. AE didn't like his non scum hunting, Shteven jumpted on for similar reasons, YB jumped on to prevent his being lynched -- and then MBL, Glork, and myself jumped on solely because we preferred Sarcastro to YB.

I take great issue/find scummy this statement Glork -- Sarcastro wasn't going to be a major focus of suspicion if YB was lynched.

ManaSpryte wrote:

.... Really? I think you aren't teamscum, but
come on
mate.

I agree with Jack's assessment of Manaspryte and agree that his questions need to be responded to.

TCS needs to explain his votes.

I want to restate these things as I think they are important:
  • Look at johhan-MoS interaction near where johhan replaces out. They are likely not teamscum (Manaspryte=johhan).
  • Look at YB-MoS and MoS-YB interaction near day one's end. They are likely not teamscum.
  • Look at Shteven's behavior re: the Sarc wagon. He seems to have little reasoning and I think he is distancing from Sarcastro and deciding not to be on the YB wagon -- he didn't think Sarcastro was actually going to be lynched.
Do not lynch me.
The Central Scrutinizer
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
The Central Scrutinizer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:58 am

Post by The Central Scrutinizer »

Jack wrote:
ManaSpryte wrote:

vote:manaspryte

This post is really weird. You have in the past expressed willingness to lynch guardian, and the tone of this post is the same. Yet you claim there is
"another"
doctor. And why would guardian pick mbl because he knew that "he wasn't going to get killed by mafia" when it's obvious that mbl wasn't killed last night?
I don't think a vote on manaspryte is conducive to the best interests of the town. IMO.

I'm voting Billy because I think he's scum. That's my explanation, take it or leave it.
"You might very well think that; I couldn't
possibly
comment."
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:29 am

Post by Shteven »

I'm going to have to go over the last few pages of D2 more closely, and I'll go over guardian's posts on D3 as well...but I just wanted to respond briefly to his main claim.

I'm really not sure how you can be so adamant about me trying to lead an intentionally failing wagon, and being disappointed that it succeeded. I did my best to drive it forward, calling for additional votes and thanking those who did vote,
which you even noted
yet somehow tried to twist it to support your own case.

The case against Sarc wasn't one of him seeming strongly scum, it was one of him seeming extremely weakly pro-town. Granted, not the best way to run a wagon, but it was convincing enough for me and thankfully enough of the town. Credit goes to AE who was on him through all of his replacements; I think that may have something to do with why she was killed off tonight. I will be doing a re-read of what her other choices were; there's a chance she may have been onto the SK, since the SK had her killed. This will be a bit of a stretch, though may be interesting.

The following is speculation: Guardian putting the final vote on Sarc does suggest he's not scum. It could be him trying to appear that way and figuring Sarc wouldn't last, but for now I'm willing to say it was a legit non-scum vote. However, we only had one kill tonight; and guardian was probably the highest profile night kill choice in the game. I think that Guardian did in fact get doctor protection from the mafia kill. The question is, then, is there really two doctors, or is the real doctor hiding out there, and protected Guardian the SK? I haven't yet re-read AE, but I don't think she was to pro-guardian. Correct me if I'm wrong.

It's also entirely possible there are two doctors and neither are guardian, and that one or both protected him. In which case, he's likely the SK (but could not be).

I'll vote after re-checking what I mentioned above. Right now, it's likely going to be guardian.

TCS, I also have doubts about you. I will get to them in a follow up post.[/b]
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:32 am

Post by Glork »

Guardian: YB is definitely
not
the SK. He was the first person to claim on D1, and he claimed Townie. Considering he wasn't going to be counterclaimed (unless he was moronic enough to claim Vigilante or Cop), he could easily have claimed Doc and bought himself some time. As people discussed around the time of his claim, Townie is a weak claim because it gives a town no incentive to keep you alive. Townie is
especially
a bad claim for an SK. It is also especially a bad claim for scum on D1.

I'm not sure why you've listed YB, Glork, and ManaSpryte as possible SKs while leaving off others such as Yos and TCS, whom you've asked to explain their actions more clearly. I get the feeling that you've listed YB because he's been a prime suspect, Glork because two people (inHim and TCS) have accused me of being the SK, and ManaSpryte because... well, I'm not really sure why. Could you elaborate on why the kills "makes sense" for Spryte to have made?

I also take severe issue with your claim that Sarc wouldn't have garnered suspicion had he not been lynched. I find it absolutely likely that he would have been not only
looked at
, but almost certainly
lynched
today.

Shteven: AE said she was absolutely not willing to lynch Guardian. Try again, mate.

I'd like Jack to explain his vote.

I'd also like TCS to explain
why
he thinks Billy is scum, but I don't find that particularly likely, given how obstinate TCS has been. (In fact, I'd still love for TCS to give his thoughts on anybody, but we all saw how well
THAT
went over yesterday. :/ )
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:37 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Glork wrote:Guardian: YB is definitely
not
the SK. He was the first person to claim on D1, and he claimed Townie. Considering he wasn't going to be counterclaimed (unless he was moronic enough to claim Vigilante or Cop), he could easily have claimed Doc and bought himself some time. As people discussed around the time of his claim, Townie is a weak claim because it gives a town no incentive to keep you alive. Townie is
especially
a bad claim for an SK. It is also especially a bad claim for scum on D1.
I actually claimed 2nd, after Albert.

I want to get back on Jack, personally, so,
Vote:Jack
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
Shteven
Shteven
Goon
Shteven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:43 pm

Post by Shteven »

Glork wrote:Shteven: AE said she was absolutely not willing to lynch Guardian. Try again, mate.
I said I still had to reread. And I find it odd you wouldn't post what she said when you went to the trouble to say it wasn't what I expected. She first gave a long list of people who could be the SK, but followed it up with a pretty long post detailing a case for MBL being the SK.

I'm not saying it's proof, obviously it's circumstantial, but if you think it's worth anything, I'd say it would point to MBL. This tell would be very easy to setup to incriminate MBL though.
"I'm like the customer support line for life."

Carpe Diem. If you shake it hard enough, maybe money will fall out!

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”