Newbie 552: Concluded

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Newbie 552: Concluded

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:15 am

Post by MeMe »

What a nasty little town this has become. Mafia have arrived and are systematically gunning down the nice townfolk. What should decent, smart people do?
MOVE
, of course. What are YOU gonna do? Try to figure out who the bad guys are and lynch 'em during the daylight! I'm not kidding, folks. That's the plan. Deal with it.

Alive (1)

springlullaby
Goon

Dead (6)

Blackberry
Townie
- lynched Day 1
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mafia Roleblocker
- lynched Day 2
fat_hampster
Doctor
- killed Night 2
Super God King
Townie
- lynched Day 3
Boggzie (replaces Dudester)
Cop
- killed in Endgame
clayman
Townie
- killed in Endgame

No current deadline

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The roles in this game -- randomly assigned -- are:

You are the
. Your partner is __________ (Mafia Goon). You may only talk with each other during the game's "night," not during the "day." You will discuss with your partner overnight who you will target for your block and his kill (the actions may target the same player OR different players). Let me know, via PM, before the night's deadline who you've chosen for each action. If your partner dies, you may perform one of the mafia actions (either kill or block), but not both. You win the game when all pro-town players are dead.

As we start the game during the day phase, no choice is necessary at this time, but feel free to communicate with your partner until Day 1 begins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You are the
Mafia Goon
. Your partner is __________ (Mafia Roleblocker). You may only talk with each other during the game's "night," not during the "day." You will discuss with your partner overnight who you will target for your kill and his block (the actions may target the same player OR different players). Let me know, via PM, before the night's deadline who you've chosen for each action. If your partner dies, you may continue to kill at night -- but no more blocks will be possible. You win the game when all pro-town players are dead.

As we start the game during the day phase, no choice is necessary at this time, but feel free to communicate with your partner until Day 1 begins.
You are the cop
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and I will let you know whether that player is mafia or not. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

As we start the game during the day phase, no choice is necessary at this time.
You are the doctor
. Every "night" before the deadline you send me a message with a name of your choice, and that player cannot die if attacked by the mafia that night. You cannot heal yourself. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.

As we start the game during the day phase, no choice is necessary at this time.
3 players will receive:
You are a townie
. You are not allowed to communicate with any of the other players outside the thread. You win the game when the mafia are dead.
Last edited by MeMe on Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:15 am

Post by MeMe »

The Rules
:
  • Votes must be in
    bold
    . If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
  • Please be attentive and
    unvote
    , if necessary, before casting a new vote. This is not
    required
    , but I’d appreciate it.
  • Executions will require a simple majority of votes. Once a player has reached the necessary majority, his pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. You may
    vote: no lynch
    – majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
  • The game is not to be discussed outside of the thread unless your role specifically states that you may do so.
  • Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
  • Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts
  • Don’t quote any PMs from me.
  • If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline. I will not wait for you – if you do not submit a choice to me, tough! No choice will be made.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
  • Remember, it’s a game. It’s supposed to played. It’s supposed to be
    fun
    . Do your part.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:13 am

Post by MeMe »

All confirmations are in -- seven people alive means it'll take four votes to lynch.

Game on!
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Mr_Gnome_It_All
Hell if I gnome
Hell if I gnome

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Mr_Gnome_It_All »

Let's get it started, ha. Let's get it started in here.

Vote: fat_hampster
for misspelling
hamster
Who the hell is "General Failure", and why is he reading my hard drive?
fat_hampster
fat_hampster
Townie
fat_hampster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:06 am

Post by fat_hampster »

Ok, hello everyone.
Its my first ever mafia game btw, Though I have read through one game that's almost finished. Just thought I'd say.

@ Mr_Gnome_It_All
Misspelling of hamster assumes that I was trying to spell hamster in the first place, and that my reason for choosing hampster has any relevance to hamsters.

anyway:
vote: Mr_Gnome_It_All
for making wild assumptions. :)
clayman
clayman
Townie
clayman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:14 am

Post by clayman »

First game here, looking forward to it, good luck to all...

We'll start with a random vote just to get the ball rolling...

vote: Super God King
- that name just screams mafia. :lol:
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Blackberry »

Me is no vote.

BLACKBERRY LAW #01: No Random Voting.

:)
Super God King
Super God King
Townie
Super God King
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:20 pm

Post by Super God King »

Vote:Blackberry

for not voting. Its natural law to random vote and it shall be obeyed without question.
I'd rather betray the world then let the world betray me.
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Hi all,
vote: Super God King
because...eh, he posted last? :)
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Super God King -- If you do not question things then you are simply a puppet.
Super God King
Super God King
Townie
Super God King
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by Super God King »

Blackberry wrote:Super God King -- If you do not question things then you are simply a puppet.

Aren't we all puppets in some way. Except for me, of course. I am king, afterall.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Blackberry »

Super God King wrote:
Blackberry wrote:Super God King -- If you do not question things then you are simply a puppet.

Aren't we all puppets in some way. Except for me, of course. I am king, afterall.
No -- you is puppet.

I iz no puppet.

Iz you scum?
Dudester
Dudester
Townie
Dudester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Dudester »

Puppets and Muppets...

erm, lets see...

vote: clayman
because no one ha voted for him (asuming clayman is a man) yet.
clayman
clayman
Townie
clayman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:29 am

Post by clayman »

vote: clayman because no one ha voted for him (asuming clayman is a man) yet.

clayman = man.

Sticking with my vote of Super God King for the time being...

but being the last to make a post two days after the game begins gets...

FoS: Dudester
Dudester
Dudester
Townie
Dudester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Dudester »

yeah, two days = weekend. I will not be very active over the weekend I am afraid as I am usually out playing or watching football (soccer), or just out.

Hope that is not too much of a problem to the game?

Think this effected my last game as I was lynched in the first week as they had said they would give me time to "explain" myself, but this happened over the weekend so I didnt see this till the monday when I was lynched :0
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Blackberry »

clayman wrote:
vote: clayman because no one ha voted for him (asuming clayman is a man) yet.

clayman = man.

Sticking with my vote of Super God King for the time being...

but being the last to make a post two days after the game begins gets...

FoS: Dudester
I do not quite understand WHY you are FOSing this early. I am highly suspiscious of you (I don't do the silly "FOS" crap).
fat_hampster
fat_hampster
Townie
fat_hampster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:01 pm

Post by fat_hampster »

Dudester wrote:yeah, two days = weekend. I will not be very active over the weekend I am afraid as I am usually out playing or watching football (soccer), or just out.

Think this effected my last game as I was lynched in the first week as they had said they would give me time to "explain" myself, but this happened over the weekend so I didn't see this till the Monday when I was lynched :0
You from England too then? (purely based on your use of football rather than soccer primarily).

I'm guessing most other people are from America?

anyway some
highly
suspicious behaviour going on from everyone :P

anyway, Don't really have anything to say here. Out of interest, to anyone who has played other Mafia games, How long does it normally take for information that you can actually tell something from starts to appear?
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Blackberry »

fat_hampster wrote:
Dudester wrote:yeah, two days = weekend. I will not be very active over the weekend I am afraid as I am usually out playing or watching football (soccer), or just out.

Think this effected my last game as I was lynched in the first week as they had said they would give me time to "explain" myself, but this happened over the weekend so I didn't see this till the Monday when I was lynched :0
You from England too then? (purely based on your use of football rather than soccer primarily).

anyway some
highly

anyway, Don't really have anything to say here. Out of interest, to anyone who has played other Mafia games, How long does it normally take for information that you can actually tell something from starts to appear?
Just out of curiosity, can I ask you to tell us what suspiscious behavior you see going on. I would like to see what exactly you find suspiscious rather than generalize "oh everyone is suspiscious" ... LOL.
Super God King
Super God King
Townie
Super God King
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:21 pm

Post by Super God King »

Blackberry wrote:
fat_hampster wrote:

anyway some
highly

Just out of curiosity, can I ask you to tell us what suspiscious behavior you see going on. I would like to see what exactly you find suspiscious rather than generalize "oh everyone is suspiscious" ... LOL.

You, Blackberry, and your damned questioning of mafia dogma such as FOSing, random voting, and I'm sure more to come. You're
too radical for your own good.
Dudester
Dudester
Townie
Dudester
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by Dudester »

fat_hampster wrote: You from England too then? (purely based on your use of football rather than soccer primarily).
Nope, close though. Can you tell where I am from by my accent?

"Och aye the noo" ;)

Back on the game though. I am always suspicious though of people who put someone else under the FOS so early in a game. It sort of says "Hey I am guilty but dont want to draw a massive amount of attention to myself by voting, so will point my finger."

Just my thinking, and have nothing to go on yet in this game. But my vote still stands at this stage.
fat_hampster
fat_hampster
Townie
fat_hampster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:22 am

Post by fat_hampster »

Blackberry wrote: Just out of curiosity, can I ask you to tell us what suspiscious behavior you see going on. I would like to see what exactly you find suspiscious rather than generalize "oh everyone is suspiscious" ... LOL.
I was basically joking, hence the emphasis on highly, and the :P. Sorry if that didn't come through. I don't find any of the behaviour particularly suspicious. There are things that I
could
consider as suspicious on every player (i.e. I could choose any player and point out things which *might* point to Mafia behaviour, but probably don't), however they are more than likely not pointing to a Mafia (6 other people, 2 of which are Mafia) and they are arguments that I wouldn't really believe. They are more like reasons to cite when randomly voting.

that probably doesn't really explain what I mean but whatever.

@ Dudester: Scottish then. that's cool.

haven't really got anything else to add I don't think.
clayman
clayman
Townie
clayman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:43 am

Post by clayman »

I am always suspicious though of people who put someone else under the FOS so early in a game. It sort of says "Hey I am guilty but dont want to draw a massive amount of attention to myself by voting, so will point my finger."

But the difference is I did vote for Super God King and kept my vote on Super God King. I was just stating that I was suspicious of Dudester for posting last, but he explained the reasoning behind this so it's really a dead point at the moment.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:22 am

Post by Blackberry »

fat_hampster wrote:
Blackberry wrote: Just out of curiosity, can I ask you to tell us what suspiscious behavior you see going on. I would like to see what exactly you find suspiscious rather than generalize "oh everyone is suspiscious" ... LOL.
I was basically joking, hence the emphasis on highly, and the :P. Sorry if that didn't come through. I don't find any of the behaviour particularly suspicious. There are things that I
could
consider as suspicious on every player (i.e. I could choose any player and point out things which *might* point to Mafia behaviour, but probably don't), however they are more than likely not pointing to a Mafia (6 other people, 2 of which are Mafia) and they are arguments that I wouldn't really believe. They are more like reasons to cite when randomly voting.

You make no sense whatsoever. You say your highly suspiscious of everyone--for what purpose exactly?? ... A joke? Please explain how that is funny.

Clayman--first he FOS (and I completely agree with Dudester that he didn't wanna look suspiscios by voting so he FOSed instead, etc.)

And clayman didn't comment on hamster's last post.

Clayman and fat_hampster is scum together, is my current thinking. I wanna hear from everyone else though.
Super God King
Super God King
Townie
Super God King
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Super God King »

Blackberry wrote:
fat_hampster wrote:
could

You make no sense whatsoever. You say your highly suspiscious of everyone--for what purpose exactly?? ... A joke? Please explain how that is funny.

Clayman--first he FOS (and I completely agree with Dudester that he didn't wanna look suspiscios by voting so he FOSed instead, etc.)

Clayman and fat_hampster is scum together, is my current thinking. I wanna hear from everyone else though.

No, its way too early to be putting scum together. I mean its the first page. I dont see how you guys are calling out clayman for the FOS when it was a terrible reason for an FOS anyway if serious. Also, considering fat hampster's razz smiley face next to his suspicion of everyone, I call it a joke, but I guess its just me seeing this. We were still in the random phase afterall.
fat_hampster
fat_hampster
Townie
fat_hampster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by fat_hampster »

Blackberry wrote:
I wasn't really thinking about it when I posted (I didn't realise anyone would be examining it so closely). I just used some Irony (ironic given that I didn't really find any behaviour incredibly suspicious, but I think I talk about this more in my last post), cause I didn't really no what to say, and its something that I use in normal conversation. I appreciate that it can be hard to get meanings through posts due to lack of inflection in speech, however I had thought I made it clear through the emphasis and tongue sticking out smiley. I believe what the misunderstanding has come through is the different use of language in real life, due to any number of factors. I hope you can understand this, otherwise you will just have to use it as a reason to lynch me.

OMG! OMG! He didn't comment on my post which was actually entirely directed at him in its totality. In fact
:shock: Holy Cow! You haven't commented on the post directly above you in this instance, which has just as much relevance to you as mine was to him. You must be scum! There is no other possible explanation.

In fact S*** I haven't talked about the post directly above mine by Super God King, that implies that I must be scum!!! whew, saved by the sentence were I condemn myself. How Ironic.

Also I think you will find that it's
hampster's
not hamster's. notice the p. I realise that this was probably just a typo or was otherwise unconscious, I only mention it on the chance that it was a conscious decision.*
Can I inquire as to how saying "Clayman and fat_hampster
is
scum" (emphasis mine) Is any better than a finger of suspicion. If anything it's worse, as it can be argued that it draws less suspicion as it is less real, however it is stronger, as you are saying that you believe we
are
Mafia, rather than that we are suspicious. Maybe FoS has some holy attachment to it, but to me as a new player it is just a phrase. It is highly probable that clayman feels the same way, given that this is his first game here (according to his posts anyway). If this is the case then it is highly likely that he just uses FoSs more liberally than you.

I can't see how you can have gotten such definite views on who was scum so early, when everything I have seen can easily be explained by logical and sensible explanations, and can thus be attributes of either pro town or pro scum play. Personally I would need multiple citations of suspicious behaviour before I would be able to put forward a accusation such as yours. I know you say that this is you're current opinion, however the phrasing of you're statement seems to me to indicate a very strong opinion in this way. I realise that you and I use different language, so I am willing to put this down to this if you desire.

There is also the possibility that you're post was designed to evoke more information from me and/or clayman and/or others to broaden you're picture of suspicion. In which case you have been successful at least in my case, given that the information I have put forward was written with the knowledge that this was possible, however I have answered from the assumption that this was false, as I could not really answer any other way.

I'm going to go to bed now, so I apologise for any mistakes in the above (primarily with forum code mistakes). If there are mistakes of any kind, then I put them down to tiredness, as I am too tired to check for mistakes. Goodnight.

*BTW if anyone wants to shorten my name for speed, then I don't mind. hampster has been used, which is fine, the quickest is probably just calling me 'fat', which is also fine, however I'm not particularly bothered with whatever, though consistency would be preferable.

****Disclaimer**** Not everything in this post should be taken for literal truth ****Disclaimer****

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”