Newbie 925: A Dark Night In Sudotopia, Town Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Newbie 925: A Dark Night In Sudotopia, Town Wins!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

The idyllic and oddly named town of Sudotopia is under threat! Some no-good mafia punks have come to town, and they intend to stay- by force! There's only one logical thing to do: It's time to fight back and take back your streets.

Backup Mod: Haylen the Awesome

Deadline May 19th

Living Players

VasudeVa
greenindirt
TheCheshireCat

LordChronos

Dead Players

razorback
Townie
, Modkilled Day One
Sevis
Toon Fighter
Townie
, Killed Night One
OmeedESF
Townie
, Lynched Day Two
jmj3000
Townie
, Lynched Day Three
easjo682
Goon
, Lynched Day Four
kingcod
Doctor
, Killed Night Four
Jahudo
icemanE
Goon
, Lynched Day Five.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Tue May 04, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 25 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Rules post:
1. First and foremost, this is a game, and that means everyone is supposed to have fun.
2. Days last for three weeks, or until a majority vote for a lynch has been reached. Votes must be bolded- e.g.
Vote: Sudo_Nym

3. For ease of bookkeepping, please unvote (e.g.
Unvote
) before changing your vote to somebody else. It isn't absolutely required, but is much appreciated.
4. If no majority is reached within the three week time limit, then it goes down as a no lynch, so I suggest you be active.
5. I reserve the right to shorten the deadline to encourage activity, as necessary, or to extend the deadline under special circumstances, but don't expect it to happen.
6. The mafia gets to kill one person every night. I don't care who submits the kill to me, so long as the mafia agrees.
7. The mafia is allowed to talk to each other at night via PMs. They may not talk during the day, and if you aren't mafia, then you don't get to PM the other players at all.
8. DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. I am so not kidding.
9. I will prod you after 48 hours with no activity, and start looking for replacements after 72 hours. If you know you'll be away, though, let me know, and we'll work something out.
10. I post in
Red
. This is my color, for posting important mod stuff. Don't use red. You can have any other color, if black isn't good enough for you.
11. You may not discuss this game outside of this thread until it is complete.
12. You may think you've found a way around my rules, but trust me, you haven't. Loopholes are punishable by death.
13. I am always right, but if you think I'm not, send me a PM, and I'll point out where you were mistaken.
14. The mod is your friend, and will help when necessary, though I can't discuss game specifics. You also have ICs, who are here to give in-game help. Note, however, that this doesn't guarantee that they're townies; their alignment is randomly assigned as well.
15. Remember, you agreed to a code of honor when you joined the site.
New Rule! Using encryption schemes, small or invisible text, or similar to try and break the game is forbidden. Remember that you're here to learn, and breaking strategies don't help that.
I know that seems like a lot of rules, but most of them should never come up, if we all play nice.
Last edited by Sudo_Nym on Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

This game is under the F11 setup, which is now the standard for newbie games on the site, and was adopted to prevent game-breaking. It will feature one of the following formats, randomly selected:

- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, vs. 1 Sane Cop, 1 Sane Doctor, 5 Townies
- 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker vs. 7 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies
- 2 Mafia Goons vs. 1 Sane Doctor, 6 Townies.

Note that, under the first two setups, if the goon dies, the roleblocker will still be allowed to kill in addition to roleblocking, and may select different targets for his abilities.

The following are copies of the role pms that may be sent out during this game, with the names excluded, natch:
Townie
- You are a member of the town, out to root out the mafia and defend your town. You don't have any special powers, beyond your ability to think, reason, and vote. You win when the mafia is dead.
Cop
- You are a sworn police officer, and defender of the town. Each night, you may investigate a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to investigate, and I will tell you if that player is town or mafia. You may only do this once each night, though, so choose wisely. You win when the mafia is dead.
Doctor
- You are a trained medical professional, and defender of the town. Each night, you may protect a player. Every night, PM me the name of the player you wish to protect; if that player would be killed during the night, that kill is cancelled and the player will continue to live. You may only protect one player every night, and this protect continues only for that night. You may protect yourself, if you wish. You win when the mafia is dead.
Mafia
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner is crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the Mafia wants to wack, and that player shall snuff it.
Mafia Roleblocker
- You are the mafia, the scum of the earth, and your partner in crime is (insert name). During the day, you may post and vote like any other player, but at night, things get sinister. You and your partner may talk at night to discuss strategy and who to kill: PM me the name of the player the mafia wants to wak, and that player shall snuff it. You also have the power to roleblock another player- PM me the name of the player you want to block, and if that player has a night power, they will be blocked from using it that night.
Admittedly, I may have overdone it on the flavor, so if you have any questions about your actual abilities, feel free to ask me via PM or your IC in thread, and one of us will be sure to clarify.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:27 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

All role PMs are away, please confirm in thread that you've read them and are here.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by razorback »

/confrim razorback
Nathan Hale

I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by easjo682 »

/confirm

Hey I'm a SE around here which means I've played a couple games here and can give you so advice or point which way is up. There's another SE and a IC around here as well. The IC has even more experience and may be able to help even more.

HI!
[i]Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?[/i]

for the most part: [b]V/LA on weekends[/b]
GMT +12 (New Zealand)
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

easjo682 wrote:/confirm

Hey I'm a SE around here which means I've played a couple games here and can give you so advice or point which way is up. There's another SE and a IC around here as well. The IC has even more experience and may be able to help even more.

HI!
Actually, there's a shortage of newbies at the moment, which means that kingcod is the only pure newbie in the game. icemanE is an IC, and everyone else is an SE.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:50 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Actually, there's a shortage of newbies at the moment, which means that kingcod is the only pure newbie in the game. icemanE is an IC, and everyone else is an SE
I didn't think this site would have a shortage of newbies

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

/confirm

and apparently the unthinkable happened and the newbies have turned into SE's. This game ought to be interesting.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

OmeedESF
OmeedESF
Townie
OmeedESF
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by OmeedESF »

/confirm
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:51 am

Post by razorback »

jmj3000 wrote:/confirm

and apparently the unthinkable happened and the newbies have turned into SE's. This game ought to be interesting.
dam i didn't think it could ever happen no newbies to mess with that
sucks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they are always so much fun to mess with when you start a game what a bummer :lol:
Nathan Hale

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:55 am

Post by LordChronos »

/confirm

Hello again, easjo.
I'm a talking computer.
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 am

Post by Toon Fighter »

/confirm
~Toon fighter~
TheCheshireCat
TheCheshireCat
Goon
TheCheshireCat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 am

Post by TheCheshireCat »

/Confirm. Well the newbie will get either i very informative first game, or a very confusing one :)
"As you can probably tell, I'm not all there myself..."
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:59 am

Post by jmj3000 »

I can't help but notice LC and easjos seem to be in each others games. Seems like a premade scum team if you ask me lol.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:17 am

Post by LordChronos »

jmj3000 wrote:I can't help but notice LC and easjos seem to be in each others games. Seems like a premade scum team if you ask me lol.
Only in one of the two games thus far! We were townie and doctor in the first one and goon and goon in the second.
I'm a talking computer.
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:37 am

Post by razorback »

@ LordChronos seems like you and easjo682 would be paired up as a team again to keep us guessing.

maybe even try to get us to work agianst eachother as a town :?:
Nathan Hale

LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:02 am

Post by LordChronos »

razorback wrote:@ LordChronos seems like you and easjo682 would be paired up as a team again to keep us guessing.

Razor, the roles are random. So we aren't necessarily on the same side. What does the last part of your post mean?
I'm a talking computer.
kingcod
kingcod
Goon
kingcod
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:39 am

Post by kingcod »

/confirm
Town: 2W/1L
Scum: 0W/0L

"when two events happen simultaneously pertaining to the same object of enquiry we must always pay strict attention"
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Alright, as soon as icemanE shows up, we can begin.
easjo682
easjo682
Goon
easjo682
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by easjo682 »

Hello again, easjo.
Yes, yet again we meet...
so...waiting

GMT +12 (New Zealand)
razorback
razorback
Goon
razorback
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by razorback »

LordChronos wrote:
razorback wrote:@ LordChronos seems like you and easjo682 would be paired up as a team again to keep us guessing.

Razor, the roles are random. So we aren't necessarily on the same side. What does the last part of your post mean?

it means most mafia use to town to hide frome sight and then plays them againsit one another.

and then once they do it's just a matter of frameing the right player so they can win.

just something to start off thinking about before the game starts.

i'm sorry if i put to much time in to thinking this out before we even have time to play.

just the player i am in this place i'm kinda the odd ball here.
Nathan Hale

icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by icemanE »

/confirm
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:17 pm

Post by icemanE »

...and sorry I'm late...
LordChronos
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
LordChronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by LordChronos »

razorback wrote:it means most mafia use to town to hide frome sight and then plays them againsit one another.

and then once they do it's just a matter of frameing the right player so they can win.

just something to start off thinking about before the game starts.

i'm sorry if i put to much time in to thinking this out before we even have time to play.

just the player i am in this place i'm kinda the odd ball here.
Razor, please, please, please tell me you won't be posting like this throughout the game.
I'm a talking computer.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”