Newbie 877 - Town wins!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Newbie 877 - Town wins!!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:07 am

Post by farside22 »

It was the night before Christmas and all thorough the house something was stirring and it was not a mouse.
The stockings were torn down, the tree was a shamble and in the house right under the tree was a dead person's body.
In this house were 9 people looking at this body and the chaos.
What would Santa have to say to those that were naughty?

The people in the house
:

The Tracker
Nero Cain

hadesblade

kyle99

lobstermania (SE)

Given the boot:

Gayle - Townie - lynched day 1

Civil Scum (SE)
- Townie - killed night 1

FronzKofko - mafia goon - lynched day 2

Cliquey - cop - killed night 2

Budja - mafia goon - lynched day 3
Last edited by farside22 on Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:39 am, edited 16 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:08 am

Post by farside22 »

First Johnny lets tell our players the rules!

Rules

The Golden Rule

1. While it is understandable that on occasion tempers may flare, please remeber that this is a game. Please
have fun
be respectful
of your fellow players and
try not to take anything personally

General Game Play and Etiquette

2. Please remember that
when you signed up for this game you made a commitment.
Be courteous to your mod and your fellow players and let us know when you are leaving for an extended period of time.
If you can't commit, it's OKAY to ASK to be replaced, but please don't make me hunt you down!

3. Please try to maintain more than the minimum standard for activity levels which is currently 1 post every 48 hours. If you go 48 hours without posting you will be prodded (as many times as necessary) and if you go 72 hours without posting you will be replaced. Exceptions will be made for low activity periods such as weekends and holidays.

4. Do not quote your role PMs or any private communication with the moderator in any way.

5. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.

6. Do not talking about this or any other ongoing games on MS outside of their respective game threads for any reason unless your role PMs specifically allow you to do so.

7. I am fallible. While I strive not to make mistakes, they do occasionally happen. Please politely correct me if you spot one.

8. Once the game is over I will post links to the QT thread. If you have an issue with this please let me know in advance.

Blue
is my color. Please don't use it.

Voting and Lynching and Deadlines

10. Votes must take the form of
Vote: Player
and similarly
Unvote
. It isn't necessary to
Unvote
every time but it would be appreciated by your mod and your fellow players for clarity's sake.

11. If you need to grab my attention for any reason please throw an
@Mod: statement
in your post.

12. This game will be run with fixed 3 week deadlines for days. Night-time deadlines will always be 72 hours.

13. In the event a lynch consensus is not reached by deadline, the player with the most votes will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player which reached the most votes first will be lynched.

14. One daytime deadline extension of up to one week may be granted at the moderator's discretion in extreme circumstances and only if activity levels aren't impairing game progress.

15. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.

16. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.

17. Whenever a player has reached a simple majority of votes he/she will be considered lynched and the game will roll over into twilight phase. Twilight will last until I post a death scene and lock the topic

18. During twilight you may talk amongst yourselves; however, no further
Vote
or [/b]Unvote[/b] will be counted. Once the hammer has dropped, it cannot be undone, so vote wisely.

19. When you are killed you are allowed 1 post which may contain no other characters, letters, words or phrases besides "Bah" and/or "Go Town." Please refrain from doing even this unless absolutely necessary.

Helpful Links:

• This game uses the F11 Setup. It consists of four variations, chosen at random:

• 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Sane Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Townies.
  • 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 7 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Sane Cop, 6 Townies.
  • 2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Townies.

Sample Role PMs

The Mafia Roleblocker wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both if both of you live; if only you survive, you must choose one action or the other).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Mafia Goon wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One. For your convenience I have set up the following Quick Topic Thread which you may optionally use to communicate at night with your partner

The Doctor wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person they protect will never die on the night they are protected). You may not protect yourself.

The Cop wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues). You cannot investigate yourself.

Vanilla Townie wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:32 am

Post by lobstermania »

/Confirm!
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 7:20 am

Post by Gayle »

/confirmed
elvor
elvor
Townie
elvor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:40 am

Post by elvor »

/confirmed
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:42 am

Post by kyle99 »

/confirm
FronzKofko
FronzKofko
Townie
FronzKofko
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:41 am

Post by FronzKofko »

Confirmed.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:56 pm

Post by Budja »

/confirming.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 pm

Post by farside22 »

As the children all stared down in wonder below the tree
What did their eyes see but a cute little hottie

“Santa will be mad” said a toe headed child “no gifts are sure to come with a killer among us.”
Everyone look sad with the news till another child peeped up with a idea worthwhile
“What if we find the killer ourselves and give them the boot? Surely Santa will reward us with a great big amount of loot!”
All the children nodded in agreement with this plan.
To be fair a vote will be cast and a day will be set.
The child with the most votes will be sent out side into the sunset.

Day 1 has began with 9 players it take 5 to lynch
hadesblade
hadesblade
Townie
hadesblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by hadesblade »

/confirm

@mod: I will be gone from Friday morning to Sunday evening (and I probably won't have the energy to post until monday) this week as I'm going out of state to a smash tourney.

vote: civil scum
his name clearly says scum.

Noted and jealous at the same time.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Post by kyle99 »

vote: hadesblade
for going out of state for a smash tourney.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Post by Gayle »

Here we go with the random vote nonsense.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Post by Budja »

Hello, I am your IC for this game.

You can ask me any strategy question you like (about mafia :P) and I am honour-bound to answer correctly regardless of my alignment.

Games usually start with an RVS (Random voting stage). The aim of this is not to get a lynch (its too early for that) but to pressure people with votes until something scummy happens.

vote:Fronz
for posting above me :P.
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:20 pm

Post by Gayle »

So we are dealing with murderous children who leave corpses for Christmas gifts?

Why not? So many horror films I can think of that have evil children. Why not have them ruin Christmas as well.
8-)
hadesblade
hadesblade
Townie
hadesblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:25 pm

Post by hadesblade »

Gayle wrote:Here we go with the random vote nonsense.
You are calling it nonsense, yet you aren't helping us get out of it...
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:44 pm

Post by Gayle »

hadesblade wrote:
Gayle wrote:Here we go with the random vote nonsense.
You are calling it nonsense, yet you aren't helping us get out of it...
You must understand, it is a
prejudice
. If one has a prejudice, he does not try to resolve said prejudice, rather, he simply
hates
. For instance, my instructor has a prejudice against the padding of my papers with large titles, great gaps between paragraphs, and enormous double-spaced headers. He does not attempt to provide an alternative to my padding, but simply marks down my paper. Such is the nature of all humans, and as such, you cannot expect me to be constructive.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by Budja »

Your job as town is to be constructive.

unvote, vote Gayle
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by Gayle »

Is this another random vote, or have you failed to realize that my post was a joke?
hadesblade
hadesblade
Townie
hadesblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by hadesblade »

Gayle wrote:Is this another random vote, or have you failed to realize that my post was a joke?
Why are you so worried about 1 vote this early?

unvote
vote: Gayle

How do you feel about that?

Also, even posts that are meant to be jokes can seem scummy.
kyle99
kyle99
Mafia Scum
kyle99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:31 am

Post by kyle99 »

Ok, what? Lynching someone for making a joke in the RVS is a very bad idea, unless both of your votes were RVs.
elvor
elvor
Townie
elvor
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:26 am

Post by elvor »

For random voting I rolled a dice. Because dice are fun!

vote: lobstermania
lobstermania
lobstermania
Goon
lobstermania
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:21 am

Post by lobstermania »

Vote: elvor
because OMGUS > dice
Gayle
Gayle
Goon
Gayle
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Gayle »

Why are you so worried about 1 vote this early?
[*snip*]
Also, even posts that are meant to be jokes can seem scummy.
He said that it is my 'job as town to be constructive'. Which could mean that he believes that my post was serious. And so I explained it was a joke in case anyone else comes along and thinks 'this guy flat out states he won't be constructive'.

I really don't like RVS. That part wasn't a joke. In theory it pressures people into slipping up, but in practice it leads to a bad lynch.
Budja
Budja
Mafia Scum
Budja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by Budja »

kyle99 wrote:Ok, what? Lynching someone for making a joke in the RVS is a very bad idea, unless both of your votes were RVs.
Voting /= lynching.
Voting = pressure at this time.
Gayle wrote: I really don't like RVS. That part wasn't a joke. In theory it pressures people into slipping up, but in practice it leads to a bad lynch.
Eh, I've rarely seen a bad lynch day 1 just from using the RVS. Think of it as the starting push.

@Gayle, give me an alternative. Complaining doesn't help anyone.
hadesblade
hadesblade
Townie
hadesblade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:11 pm

Post by hadesblade »

kyle99 wrote:Ok, what? Lynching someone for making a joke in the RVS is a very bad idea, unless both of your votes were RVs.
They can not be RVS without lynching someone. Those are like the extremes. There's a lot of space between them.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”